Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,887 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire (42066 Views)

Royal Haven Garden Ibeju Lekki On A Tarred Road #850k / 3bedroom Bungalow @ Awoyaya, Lekki On Full Plot @ 12m / Uncompleted 5bedroom Bungalow At Peace Estate Ogidan Aja Lekki On 4 N12m Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by 175(m): 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
Since na Igbo man, APC authorized this gringrin

Abeg na joke ooo cheesycheesy

On a more serious note, very sorry for the owner(s). Hope the business is insured?
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by basileze: 7:25pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sad!
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2015
There is no effective fire department in the big city of Lagos. That is a big shame! What more can I say?! It is time to sue the fire department and the Lagos state government for neglecting the security of properties and lives in that city. What is going on in that country? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I don't know when I am going to stop crying for the deplorable state of the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by OgeniBravo: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
Sad news since morning. Oga o!
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Spidermon: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
If all the male bystanders pull out their d*cks and piss at the fire, they will still be of far more use than the Nigerian fire service.
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by steppin: 7:28pm On Nov 03, 2015
vkeydon:
there is no cause for alarm since it is a supermarket am sure they will be selling pure water if d fire comes near the pure water it will surely go off there is no need for firefighters am jst suggesting pls
Receive sense in the name of Jesus!
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by omusiliyu(m): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2015
Ambode...

Your tenure has not been bringing good things to Lagos..

1 Like

Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by mediachirps(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
Joke nation.
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by smartn09(m): 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
Don't worry! !!!!!! Insurance will pay. All the whole market is insured.
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by anonimi: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2015
all4naija:
There is no effective fire department in the big city of Lagos. That is a big shame! What more can I say?! It is time to sue the fire department and the Lagos state government for neglecting the security of properties and lives in that city. What is going on in that country? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I don't know when I am going to stop crying for the deplorable state of the nation.

Where are all the fire vehicles etc that Tinubu/Fashola bought in the last 16 years that make Lagosians keep voting APC?

Are we wise or stewpid?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1910730_img437093714770801_jpeg_jpeg59cd2423f7cc9f0e7e21ab28b7320a40

More photos on this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2026114/fashola-hands-over-34-new

Aresa, were the vehicles only for photocracy paparazzi ni. Maybe they were borrowed and have been returned to the sellers/owners just like those our YEYEbrities posing with their borrow borrow vehicles etc.
Meanwhile what happened to our money

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by tonimendo: 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
ohhhhhhhhhhhh is really painful tho. feel for the owner so much,
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by tollytexy(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2015
vkeydon:
there is no cause for alarm since it is a supermarket am sure they will be selling pure water if d fire comes near the pure water it will surely go off there is no need for firefighters am jst suggesting pls

Look at your sense of humor..so low
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Shobyz: 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
I sure hope he's insured
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by wyqay: 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
Insurance policy is very important
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
fire brigade!
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2015
profit motive overrides all concern for health and safety, thats why these things happen.
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by scholes0(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2015
shocked shocked

Owo ti Jona!!
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by bigtt76(f): 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2015
My thoughts really looking at your pix down there.

I was opportune passing along the Admiralty Way going towards Buka Hut when this started. It was just like someone burning bush and on closer look saw thick black smoke blurting out. My thoughts were that a car was on fire.

On my way back it was still the same and I saw people packing things out of the store with people snapping away. I tried calling 112 the Lagos State Emergency Number twice and it went into Voicemail <no response after the initial greetings from the IVR machine> luckily going towards the Ikoyi Link Bridge I noticed a Fire Vehicle 'strolling' towards the direction ....smallish looking van shaa only for me to see photographs of the store in huge flames.

One would have thought a big supermarket with sponsorship in terms of financial facilities from banks such as GTB and StanbicIBTC would have been world-class enough to be equipped with fire fighting facilities <another big hotel Dover is next door> unfortunately that is not the case alas it was just a play ground for the Lekki up and coming always looking forward to exhibiting their childish behavior on Hoverboard inside the store angry

woodcook:
I am sure there is no wall reel in the building.

I think it high time we start taking safety seriously in Nigeria. If only our insurance companies could lobby our legislators to pass a law that makes it criminal for one to own a house without all the necessary safety features('first-responds' before the arrival of experts). Not only are the owner of such houses be charged, but the person that approves such building plan.

In a situation where there are such amenities in the building, there should be a department responsible for bi-annual check to ensure that such amenities are up to standard and in good condition. Should there be any incident and a prove that a safety feature was not in working condition as at the time of the incident, both the owner of the house and the government agent that last cleared such building as safe should be prosecuted.

Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by thundafire: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2015
i guess dy fire dint start big,it started with a little spark nd dy workers instead of dem using extinguisher i guessed dy all ran out 2 shout fire fire fire but dnt dy have an alarm trigger water hose dat on automatically wen smoke is noticed imagine a big store without basic amenities just a shame nd serves dy owner right,firefighters will cum wen dy fire dn quench anyway dy have made billions 4rm dier wares so dy can renovate it nd become foolish again cs once beaten 2wice shy
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by kayemjay(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2015
I work at Christ Avenue. Ebeano Supermarket is almost just opposite. I left the office at 5:10 and driving past Ebeano, there was already some commotion. The smoke was already visible BUT THERE WAS NO REAL FIRE YET. Staff were running from the scene, some crying, others just looking. If measures had been taken when the first sign was detected, all this may have been averted. Just like many organisations have now embraced CCTV, why wasnt there a fire alarm system, smoke detector and sprinkler system installed? Couldnt that have reduced the devastating effect of this fire?
Seeing these pictures, i am amazed the fire got this much. It was just smokes when i passed. I hope he has insurance though i doubt it. You know our igbo brothers. I pray he takes major steps in his other supermarkets scattered around lagos.

What a loss.
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by thundafire: 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
anonimi:

Where are all the fire vehicles etc that Tinubu/Fashola bought in the last 16 years that make Lagosians keep voting APC?

Are we wise or stewpid?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1910730_img437093714770801_jpeg_jpeg59cd2423f7cc9f0e7e21ab28b7320a40

More photos on this thread.

Aresa, were the vehicles only for photocracy paparazzi ni. Maybe they were borrowed and have been returned to the sellers/owners just like those our YEYEbrities posing with their borrow borrow vehicles etc.
Meanwhile what happened to our money

my friend i can tell u dat dy borrowed does vehicles 2 shw dy dummies dat votes dem in power nd after dy occasion dy re returned back cs dts dy last tym u will c dem till anoda tym dat dy will wnt 2 shw dy same dummies dy vehicle dts being recycled

1 Like

Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Superman11(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
vkeydon:

See your mouth
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by free2ryhme: 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2015
When will nigerians learn to build facilities with basic fire fighting equipment atleast minimize the extent of the damage before the arrival of fire fighters

Oyinbo beta pass us, no be curse

1 Like

Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
DWJOBScom:
poor entrepreneur I hope it's insured
not!!
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by kelvyn7: 7:51pm On Nov 03, 2015
cuteboy2:
Not along ago it was the ASCON filling station close the same Ebeano.
What is really going on at Lekki phase 1?

even Kate Henshaw's house got burn around that area too
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Koolking(m): 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2015
Life saving and investment gone in a blink of an eye. What we lost in life is more than what we acquired. Life is absolute vanity.
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by macaranta(m): 7:56pm On Nov 03, 2015
Such a terrible loss.
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2015
cuteboy2:
Not along ago it was the ASCON filling station close the same Ebeano.
What is really going on at Lekki phase 1?

Blatant disregard for town planning, "This is where I have land so this is where I will locate my business" mentality, forgetting that the estate master plan wasn't designed for such. Secondly, we pay no attention to health and safety, dodgy electrical wiring, for instance, blocking exit doors with goods, storing fuel in dodgy locations and not training staff, to nmention a few. We want to maximise every little space you have with all we are concerned with is making money... Each time i walk past the shawarma place I mutter to myself "only in Nigeria"
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by PaTuna1(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Aje o!

1 Like

Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by mike404(m): 7:58pm On Nov 03, 2015
Keneking:
Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
SWEAR DEY FOLLOW YOU FROM VILLAGE
Re: Prince Ebeano Supermarket In Lekki On Fire by DWJOBScom(m): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2015
voltron:

not!!

you can't be sure now....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video) / Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / New 10 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms Construction In Onitsha City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.