Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo (27163 Views)

Naval Officer Kills Girlfriend In Port Harcout For Refusing To Accept Breakup / Lady Burnt By Her Boyfriend's Brother In Edo For Rejecting His Sex Advances Dies / 16-Year-Old Girl Bathes Boy With Acid As He Refuses Her Proposal In Bangladesh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by dre11(m): 6:00am On Nov 04, 2015
By Chidi Nkwopara
OWERRI—One Miss Onyinyechi Okegbulam of Egbu in Owerri North Local Government Area of Imo State has allegedly been killed by her boyfriend for refusing his marriage proposal.

A source, who spoke on grounds of anonymity, told Vanguard that the girl was shot in the head at close range by her supposed boyfriend in the village.
The source recalled that the deceased was, last Saturday, lured out of her family home by the boyfriend at about 7p.m.

“Some people, who were close to the scene of the crime that night, reported that as soon as the boy saw the girl approaching him, he fired at her,” the source said.

Another source claimed that soon after shooting the girl, the young man tried to smuggle Onyinyechi’s lifeless body into his car but scampered for safety when a woman raised alarm, which attracted several people to the scene.

‘He paid for the girl’s education’
Another story, however, had it that the boyfriend was responsible for the entire educational expenses of the girl, who later ditched him.
A resident of the area said: “We heard that the boy picked the bills for the girl’s education, but that the girl later abandoned the boy and opted to marry another man.

“We have even heard that the marriage has been fixed before the boyfriend struck.”
The 22-year-old Onyinyechi was, until her untimely death, a final year student of Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Owerri West Local Government Area of the state.

Although the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, a deputy superintendent of police, could not be reached at press time, a reliable source in the state police headquarters, Owerri, confirmed that police had waded into the matter.
The police source said: “Police have started investigating the incident and the late girl’s parents are cooperating with us. Police will get to the root of the case.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/man-kills-girlfriend-for-rejecting-marriage-proposal-in-imo/
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by jeffizy(m): 6:03am On Nov 04, 2015
The lady mortally FELL in love. sad

What I don't get is why men give what they can't afford.

If you know you will regret any good you did, then don't do it at all.

The dude below me is used to hearing so much evils and he's indifferent.

21 Likes

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by BOWOTO(m): 6:05am On Nov 04, 2015
Wetin we no go see for naija?

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by HerexG(m): 6:08am On Nov 04, 2015
A story of Maniac falling in love

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by kingphilip(m): 6:09am On Nov 04, 2015
No crime is justifiable and so the supposed boyfriend is guilty..

But the girl isn't left out though.. If truly he spent on her education to this level, there's a better way of turning down such proposals or probably asking your present man to pay up any amount the boyfriend had lavished on you..

Another eye opener to that guy out there still lavishing and hoping for marriage

It's better I do it open-minded without strings attached or I better not do it at all

Good morning this morning nairaland
Good morning this morning Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by Oche211(m): 6:17am On Nov 04, 2015
We have so many mad people around. Only few are actually roaming. This clearly show that the man does nt love d lady at all 4rm d onset.
RIP to d dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by midolian(m): 6:30am On Nov 04, 2015
He paid for the girl's education
In anticipation of marriage to her.. Lol cheesy

Funny enough, this guy might even be an illiterate. SMH

My male friends on this forum, This is the worst investment ever. No man, and I mean no man has ever done this and reaped the benefit afterwards. Women are programmed to ditch you especially if you are an illiterate and you choose to sponsor her to school.

If you are an illiterate and your girlfriend is an illiterate too, marry her like that. Her illiteracy is your security. And if you want to sponsor her to school, marry her, put a baby in her tummy before sending her to school. The baby here is your security angry

Well, the deed is done and the dead, dead. Let the dead be buried and the killer, face the law. May her soul Rest in peace angry

angry angry angry angry angry angry

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by kingphilip(m): 6:33am On Nov 04, 2015
midolian:
he paid for the girl's education
I don't know this shii still happens

Well it might be love sha.. One might not just rule out anything for nw
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by Chidexter(m): 6:34am On Nov 04, 2015
Not surprised. I've seen far brutal headlines. All for naija
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by kingphilip(m): 6:34am On Nov 04, 2015
jeffizy:

The dude below me is used to hearing so much evils and he's indifferent.
who knows how many he has perpetuated too. I'm not saying I know him o
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:37am On Nov 04, 2015
Ah
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by midolian(m): 6:54am On Nov 04, 2015
kingphilip:
I don't know this shii still happens

Well it might be love sha.. One might not just rule out anything for nw

the 'shii' stil happens o!

Bro, abeg no dey mention love like that again angry

Love is the excuse people give for being extremely foolish.
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by vivianblog3(f): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2015
ok
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by Adesiji77: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2015
This is serious! Was she the only girl in Imo? Tragic!

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by ijustdey: 8:55am On Nov 04, 2015
‘He paid for the girl’s education’
Another story, however, had it that the boyfriend was responsible for the entire educational expenses of the girl, who later ditched him.

if these really happened..... that girl is a confirmed thief

how would you deceive or sting a guy all along knowing fully well that you won't marry him and you keep taking money and wasting his time.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by charijee(f): 8:58am On Nov 04, 2015
kingphilip:
who knows how many he has perpetuated too. I'm not saying I know him o
Twinny embarassed
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by qualityovenbake(m): 9:09am On Nov 04, 2015
Rest in peace Onyinyechi.

Some people are emotionally and mentally unstable, physically they may look harmless. So, ladies don't make promises that you know you will break or you won't be able to fulfill because not all men are sane.

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by doublex: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2015
not a suprise,some older(probably) man decides to try 'buy' a girl,through paying for her education,so that he can marry her.basically he tried to buy her youth,and she probably left him for a guy her age #LESSON_TO_MEN

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by dre11(m): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
Cc lalasticlala...
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by kingphilip(m): 1:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
charijee:
Twinny embarassed
I've got no excuse twinny... I'm very very sorry I'm at fault

Hope you've been doing fyn for me
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by charijee(f): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
kingphilip:
I've got no excuse twinny... I'm very very sorry I'm at fault

Hope you've been doing fyn for me
You're pardoned, you know I can't hold grudges against you for too long....well I'm fine, missed your presence here smiley
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by damton(m): 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
Since she refused his proposal while alive , he should rather marry her corpse, after all, the dead cannot make decisions whether or not to refuse anymore.

wickedness of man

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
Na by force?
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by osabiya16(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
When u chop my money finish

Laye kojor

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by Zico5(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
Some men re just ignorant and insensitive. He must have seen the handwriting and still go ahead to fund the girl education. The guy will surely pay for his crime. No hidden place for the wicked

2 Likes

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by sotall(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
R.I.P to the girl........

This a good Nollywood script.....Pound Road, Aba and Ebinpejo Lane, Idumota.......Over to you
Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by fulaniHERDSman(m): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
angry Good riddance! cool

U like his money, but hate his love. Fvck angry

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by RexTramadol1: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
Very good

She chop his suya, wasted his time and infact deceived him into studying in a polytechnic ahead of university all because of couples life

Now he's not where he wanted to be and he hoped she'll be his fortress

She come wan reject his proposal, thunder fire her corpse

These gals are heartless ,walahi

They ruin guys for fun, thank God man is not God.....if not

The hatred I for show for the female folks go pass 50 shades of Grey

I don't like these fake people.......called girls!

12 Likes

Re: Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting Marriage Proposal In Imo by Sijo01(f): 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2015
Only in the East.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Steals Chicken And Turkey From Restaurant On New Year’s Eve. Photo / Newborn Baby Is Discovered In A River In Abuja (Graphic) / Kidnappers Release Americans And Canadians In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.