Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency (20187 Views)

Nigeria Seeks Foreign Investors For Smart Cities Project / N1.04trn Fine: Nigerian Lawyers Challenge NCC In Court / MTN Seeks To Reduce $5.2bn NCC Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Did you know how much gains they got from those 5.1M unregistered SIMS?
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by symbianDON(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
mtn should be made to suffer for their act of greed. imagine, others complied but mtn did not because they still wanted to make money from those unregistered sims. it's payback time! mtn go and pay. we need the money abeg.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by arabianights: 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2015
menix:
I use God name beg NCC, Abeg!!! Make una no gree oooo..

MTN nah thief ooooo, those people don use the last 2 weeks gather the money from debiting people for subscriptions we re not using.

NCC if una fit adhere to my beg, God go promote all of una nd una pikin go buy MTN when time reach..

MTN, the beast connection..

the fact that you didnt gather over 6 million likes dont mean this your point is not seconded or millioneth if i may be sallowed to state.
have you observed how credits loaded just dey finnish on time ?

those beasts must cough out that money
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by arabianights: 9:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
Elmuaz:
Did you know how much gains they got from those 5.1M unregistered SIMS?

what of the scams, kidnappers ransom,armed robbery plots etc that those unregistered lines were used for ? bvn and registeration of lines is alos target at financial crimes.

they must pay!

2 Likes

Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by skyfall: 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
MTN should pay. They're a fraudulent company.

1 Like

Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by olumyde5(m): 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
I think NCC should look into their services as well because they have increased their tariffs in some services. MTN might just paying up the fine in no time by getting the funds slowly and steadily from you and I.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by Rexnegro(m): 11:55pm On Nov 04, 2015
macuwon:
Dat epistle is too long, i couldnt read it, but i know one thing..

Everywhere you go!...... You go pay that fine!
se na Only them dey? they go lose big time if they try anytin funny cos people go just dey migrate sharply
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by Rexnegro(m): 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
MadCow1:
Buhari Sir, Abeg forgive MTN..

Make them pay the money small small over a period.

Any Company wey remove 1.3 Trillion Naira from ehn account must suffer.

No more bonanza and promo again.

project fame go close.

Dem fit even vex go collect that Aeroplane wey dem dash that babe for promo back.. grin
Tah wich aeroplane they give person...make mtn dey fool u dia o...they stage manage that issue n u too dey believe...u tink plane na bicycle?
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by Rexnegro(m): 12:01am On Nov 05, 2015
jeje123:
I'm very sure d burden will be passed on Nigerians
if I hear, as if na Only mtn dey nigeria...they try anytin funny u go see how people just dey migrate...this is even d best time for others telecoms to reduce tariffs to suffer mtn d more
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by excel101(m): 12:12am On Nov 05, 2015
menix:

MTN nah thief ooooo, those people don use the last 2 weeks gather the money from debiting people for subscriptions we re not using.

NCC if una fit adhere to my beg, God go promote all of una nd una pikin go buy MTN when time reach..

you are right my bro or sis, dey keep debiting my recharge balance for no jst cause
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:23am On Nov 05, 2015
Idrismusty97:
This isn't the Nigeria of before. You must pay that fine! Nigeria should keeps it dignity please, No matter what don't reduce the fine! They can pack out of the country if they can't pay. Already banks are paying fines for negligence, who the hell is MTN? This should send a message to all these big companies, We won't tolerate exploitation. Buhari already made that clear to the Indians.

Please when was that?
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by Idrismusty97(m): 1:27am On Nov 05, 2015
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:29am On Nov 05, 2015
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:30am On Nov 05, 2015
menix:

Na so. I no fit remember when last I used their network, just abandoned the Sim card sharp sharp.
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by dvee2: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2015
2015 alone, MTN wil make a profit of $10 billion from Nigeria. Obama forced British Petroleum to pay $20 billion fine when they broke American law. MTN must respect the laws of their host nation- SA government to MTN
Re: N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency by titus3: 11:12am On Nov 05, 2015

Ben Murray Bruce, chairman senate committee on privatisation, has condemned the N1.04tr ($5.2bn) fine imposed on MTN Nigeria, saying it hurts Nigeria more than the telecommunications firm. The fine imposed by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) was referred to by the senator as “probably the most damaging action ever taken against Nigeria’s drive for Foreign Direct Investment”. “MTN is not without fault and her actions and inactions are deserving of a strong rebuke from our authorities,” he said. “However, the extent of the fine by the Nigerian Communications Commission is such that it sends a very wrong signal to foreign investors and gives them the impression that Nigeria is in a desperate financial situation due to the sudden drop in crude oil prices and wants to get alternative revenue by any means necessary. “As a patriotic Nigerian I know this is not true. However, I know that perception is also reality. “Foreign investors in Nigeria currently feel vulnerable and those contemplating investing in Nigeria are putting such plans on hold as their boards and management pause to take in the consequence of what just happened to MTN Nigeria. “Many pundits point to the drop in the value of MTN shares in their home country and the temporary suspension in trading of such shares by the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.” He called on the federal government to immediately and publicly take action to regain investors confidence in Nigeria. “What is perhaps going unnoticed is that the action of the Nigerian Communications Commission has also caused a negative ripple effect on the shares of other foreign investors operating in Nigeria even though they have not flouted any of our laws and regulations. “In the long run, the move hurts Nigeria more than it hurts MTN and may be described as cutting our nose in order to spite our face. “I call on the Federal Government to immediately and publicly take steps to remedy the situation and restore investor confidence in Nigeria by resolving this impasse with tact with a view to our long term financial interests rather than our immediate interests. MTN has sought to review the fine to as low as 20 percent of the original value from N1.04tr to N208bn.

Read more at: https://www.thecable.ng/bruce-ncc-fine-damaging-nigeria-mtn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Investments In Lekki Free Trade Zone Hits N4.55 Trillion / GMG Inevitable Crash / Is Farmcrowdy Truly Legitimate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.