Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers (21936 Views)

PMB Approves Immediate Clean Up Of Ogoni Community After 25yrs Of Being Polluted / Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries / FG Slashes Import Licenses To Oil Marketers From 43 To 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC on Wednesday stepped up measures to eliminate the noticeable fuel queues in some petrol stations across some major cities in the country with the injection of additional volumes of premium motor spirit, PMS to enrich product availability in the affected areas.

NNPC Logo

The NNPC in a release stated that in line with its drive to ensure zero fuel queues ahead of the forthcoming yuletide and beyond, the Corporation is working assiduously with its downstream subsidiary company, the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, PPMC and other downstream players to consolidate the prevailing stability in the supply and distribution of fuel nationwide.

“Apart from increasing the volume of products distributed to stations across the country, inspection team from the PPMC have been commissioned to go round our operational areas to ensure compliance with laid down rules regarding loading and product evacuation across board to eliminate hoarding and other vices detrimental to the free flow of products,’’ NNPC said.

The Corporation noted that the initiative to ensure zero fuel queues has been bolstered with the approval by the Federal Government for the immediate payment of N413 billion to oil marketers as outstanding payment for subsidy claims.

“It is our belief that with the outstanding payment due to Oil Marketers now assured, the marketers and other downstream players will join hands with the NNPC to guarantee that the nation remains wet with petroleum products all year round,’’ the Corporatio

http://www.nta.ng/2015/11/04/fg-approves-payment-of-n413bn-to-oil-marketers/

Bubu n mouth action.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by ocelot2006(m): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2015
gebest:
PDP really distroyed this country before Buhari's arrival.

Sure. When confused on what to do (in everything), blame the PDP. You've learnt well from your party APC.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2015
ziccoit:

You are certainly underestimating the power of a Nigerian president one of the most powerful in the world. Time will tell.
Buhari can do nothing unless he remove subsidy and liberalize the petrol importation so that tom, dick and harry with the means can import petrol making consumer the king .
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Stylaay(m): 12:20am On Nov 05, 2015
We dey wait our salary o. I tire
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by ujezeez(m): 12:23am On Nov 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
...This was a debt incurred by Jonathan and his gang of thieves in their Subsidy Scam regime...Now being paid by the people's president., Muhammadu Buhari..

Ya Ga Ziere gi, Ome mma Buhari

lalasticlala, come let's thank Baba!
I've been watching ur comments closely...u could do well as Buhari's image maker
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by ujezeez(m): 12:26am On Nov 05, 2015
Sijo01:
Subsidy is a scam - APC
Anti-APC well done...e go soon over you...
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by jkross(m): 1:11am On Nov 05, 2015
Why dem no go pay oil marketers don join APC tey tey na
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Tyontop(m): 3:35am On Nov 05, 2015
#413Billion is no small money PMB deserve to be praise!
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by CriticalThought: 3:42am On Nov 05, 2015
I laugh at PMB. He still has not figured out he cannot do everything by himself. After shouting subsidy should be removed, you are still paying.

The oil marketers will continue to have the leverage until we fix refineries

Want prices of goods and services to be reduced across the country- fix roads and sea ports
Want crime to reduce - allow the CSO (governors of each state) to be in charge of police in their states, if they terrorize their state, no federal allocation for you, simple
Want generator importers to stop milking this country - stop glas flaring, use that gas to power our systems needed to distribute electricity, let private sector handle distribution, FG does generation.
Want to get rid of the oil marketers and all the subsidy loopholes and corruptions in it- fix the refineries and maintain them at 100% , public and private partnership
Want investors to come flooding into the country - tell them our economic policies and ensure our regulatory agencies are keeping people inline
Want EFCC and ICPC to function - fund them well and ensure there is no immunity for anyone
Want the jobless youths to get back to work - large scale agriculture and farming, join the army, navy, airforce, police, more entrepreneurial grant programs
Want Nigeria to stop being tribalistic - teach the younger generations the truth on where this country began (HISTORY) and choosing competence above all else

I know its not easy but at some point we must realize that in the end all of us will benefit, short term difficulty for long term prosperity

Governance is not rocket science, we just dont have enough honest people at the top that hold enough power to fix it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Adminisher: 4:15am On Nov 05, 2015
gebest:
PDP really distroyed this country before Buhari's arrival.

They also destroyed the brains of Ibo youths. Those ones are not capable of thought anymore. They defend thieves today, militants tomorrow and cultists the day after that. Empty and without moral compass. "GEJ is their hero". I think they have no future.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Adminisher: 4:22am On Nov 05, 2015
Mee234:

Buhari can do nothing unless he remove subsidy and liberalize the petrol importation so that tom, dick and harry with the means can import petrol making consumer the king .

This is extremely idiotic on many levels. There is no country that runs it's economy like that. What he needs to do encourage is local refineries. PDP lied to you that importation of what you have in your country is the meaning of liberalisation.
Why must you swallow idiocy because Okonjo told you so. Nigeria should be Africa's largest producer of refined products even if we have to import foreign management to run our refineries. You will find that an East European or Indian executive and managementhe team will do more that Nigerians in NNPC who I am now believing are like Goodluck - lazy, thieving , dull and pretentious.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Alpha2k(m): 4:30am On Nov 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
...This was a debt incurred by Jonathan and his gang of thieves in their Subsidy Scam regime...Now being paid by the people's president., Muhammadu Buhari..

You lied on this. Do your investigations properly.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Justinah4real(f): 5:14am On Nov 05, 2015
Ufranklin92:
angry
Why shuld we thank Baba. Is he and the Senators not the owner of Nepa and Oil marketers?
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Onyiido: 5:21am On Nov 05, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Tell him to pay civil servants their salaries before paying subsidy to any oil marketer. People are really pained that by now salaries are not been payed. Or does he want to accumulate it too?
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by coldFLARES1(m): 5:33am On Nov 05, 2015
magaliyu:
The scraping of Sure-p and the payment of subsidy arrears mark the END OF FUEL SUBSIDY.
Read between the line.
In the light of the fact that PMB and his APC cannot point to anything tangible as their achievement this far, I eagerly await that announcement and for me that would cover a multitude of 'sins'. So much for welfarism. Thankfully, low crude oil prices still present us an opportunity to break away from the shackles of subsidy payments and its unnecessary drag on the resources and progress of our country.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Justinah4real(f): 5:35am On Nov 05, 2015
LordMecuzy:
When will all this marketers stop holding us to ransom, I'm tired...

Buhari pls do something from next year about this
. How can he do something when he is their Chief.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Nobody: 6:10am On Nov 05, 2015
Adminisher:

This is extremely idiotic on many levels. There is no country that runs it's economy like that. What he needs to do encourage is local refineries. PDP lied to you that importation of what you have in your country is the meaning of liberalisation.
Why must you swallow idiocy because Okonjo told you so. Nigeria should be Africa's largest producer of refined products even if we have to import foreign management to run our refineries. You will find that an East European or Indian executive and managementhe team will do more that Nigerians in NNPC who I am now believing are like Goodluck - lazy, thieving , dull and pretentious.
Your asinine response is no surprise. APc supporters are known to turn logic on it head if it will give APC some semblance of credit . The refineries have been there since over thirty years . That is how long Nigeria have been importing fuel giving some few individuals the power to hold her to ransom. does it make sense to you invest in a refinery when u can make so much more importing and government bear the cost? The refineries have never ever produced much than 2% of Nigerians fuel consumption. Abacha with buhari imported killer fuel . if the refineries were working ,Abacha will not be importing. U people keep masturbating rather than face reality. The initial lies was that buhari's body language is making the refineries work even when there is not difference in subsidy payment between may and June . The lies was latter change to reduction in subsidy payment. it is foolish to claim to have fuel when u can not refine crude. it is even more foolish for government to subsidy importation leaving local production to suffer. And is ever extremely foolish and lack education for any body to think that liberalization means importing what u have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by ogundeleai(m): 6:21am On Nov 05, 2015
I made bold to say even if oil is sold @ $10 per barrel in the world market this nation is still and will remain wealthy . Adminidtration is our problems and the prayer is to God to give this present leadership a direction towards uplifting the suffering. Masses. A country with enormous cattle at the backyard but has to rely on bone for meat.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by YUSUPH1986(m): 6:38am On Nov 05, 2015
ishiamu:

Hafa amaechi and danjuma goje? when will they be probed the money they stole is more than nigeria debt...

when I say that Buhari is a terrorist i don't mean he's in the class of Osama bin Laden or abubakar baghdadi rather am telling you categorically that Buhari and kabiru umar sokoto are within the same class because both are illiterate terrorist - El Rufai
oro omugo niyen
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by 989900: 6:51am On Nov 05, 2015
Until we can refine locally at the least 75% of our consumption, this economy would still be a joke.

We need stable power and working refineries -- this can be done in double-quick-time through PPP.

BTW, as it is now we pay comparatively, very little on subsidy -- actually if the exchange rate were at N155-N160/$, pump price should be in the N70/l range without subsidy!

Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by nwakibie3(m): 7:02am On Nov 05, 2015
I thought Nigeria is broke, how come?
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by godsonanieto: 7:22am On Nov 05, 2015
So buhari has finally understand the meaning of subsidy. Thank God for his understanding and kudos to the one I so much cherish GE J ,you have written you name on a gold paper in the history of our dear country.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by persius555(m): 7:30am On Nov 05, 2015
otokx:

The refineries have long been obsolete and being used as a channel to syphon Nigerian money.
Its high time FG start issuing licenses for establishment of modular refineries that can refine as low as 2,000 barrels of crude oil all over the nation.
Our state govts should see this as a opportunity to run joint ventures with private refineries as this will help generate more funds for the state IGRs and offcourse generate employment.
413 billion naira is a huge amount of money. This amount could have been used to prop the economy. 100 modular refineries accross the nation will be a huge benefit to the economy.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by lastpage: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2015
PRYCE:
Thought Nigeria was broke?

Yes! Nigeria is BROKE!

That is One Billion Naira in 413 places, given to these wicked Cabals.
Make una dey clap for the Cabal

...Yet you expect PMB to get money to pay you the monthly #5,000 or free food for pry school kids?

.... but remember that what we sow is what we will reap.

PMB is not a magician.

SaTANoids can quote me.

Lastpage!
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Koolmexxi(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2015
Hmmm.. Pay them oooo so we can avoid d scarcity dat is slowly beginning to surface... But wait oooo why pay dem since subsidy is a scam according to the APC then?? And I also thought we were broke?? Oya blame GEJ again as usual..
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by banio: 8:05am On Nov 05, 2015
PMB is working.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by LordMecuzy(m): 8:14am On Nov 05, 2015
Justinah4real:
. How can he do something when he is their Chief.

Bros Abeg I no dey do partisan politics biko no vex u hear
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by Ladfem(m): 8:33am On Nov 05, 2015
Sometimes I wonder how some youth reason as per the situation we found ourselves in dis country b4 dey comment on any national issues and yet they want to be leaders. we have problem of settling the backlog of subsidy payments and current government fashion a way out by first dealing with d cause which is taking away d middle men syndrome and after critically looking @ d situation on ground left with no other option than to pay d debt left behind by d past government if he wants to alleviate the suffering of his people. We need to engage the govnt positively to be able to get d best 4rm d govnt.
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by persius555(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2015
Koolmexxi:
Hmmm.. Pay them oooo so we can avoid d scarcity dat is slowly beginning to surface... But wait oooo why pay dem since subsidy is a scam according to the APC then?? And I also thought we were broke?? Oya blame GEJ again as usual..
We shouldn't blame jonathan and his party, maybe we should thank him for helping us build an economy that can not refine what it produces. I just dont understand some nigerians sense of reasoning.

Why is it that we make 19th century technology look like a 25th century technology. Power supply, crude refining, road construction etc
Re: FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers by ishiamu(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2015
nobeku:
My daddy died by a ghastly motor accident...... cry cry.. WARLOCK!!!

Eyahh R.i.p to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another 15-year Child In Kaduna Kidnapped And Forced Conversion To Islam / How FG Plans To Deal With Dogara, Others Over Budget Padding / 20 Fine Details Of 2017 Budget:N74m Aso Rock Rent, N94m For Tyres,N396m For Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.