Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries (33088 Views)

President-buhari-directs-immediate-payment-of-december-salaries / Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries / FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by eyesofgod: 4:04am On Dec 23, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the immediate payment of December salaries to Federal Government workers.

The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, who spoke yesterday in Abuja at the end of the monthly Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) meeting, said salaries were already being paid in response to the Presidential directive.

She said salaries were being paid, and that people have already started getting alerts. “We are very conscious of the need that people are paid in time for the festive season,” she stated.

Mrs. Adeosun said the balance in the Excess Crude Account (ECA), was $2.258 billion as at December 22, adding that the amount remained unchanged from what it was in November. She said $150 million dividend from the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) was also shared at the meeting.

While giving the breakdown of what was shared for November among the three tiers of government, Mrs Adeosun lamented that there was revenue decline of N103.95 billion, indicating the difference of the N473.83billion for October and the N369.88 billion shared in November.

Yesterday, the three tiers shared a statutory revenue of N297.45 billion, Value Added Tax (VAT)-N61.18 billion, exchange gain-N4.92 billion and refund made by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) for debt owed the Federation Account-N6.33 billion.

From the statutory revenue of N297.45billion, the Federal Government after deducting the cost of collection to the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) and the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) received N139.5 billion; states N70.76 billion; and local government areas- N54.55 billion.

Also, N25.6 billion was allocated to the oil producing states as the 13 per cent derivation fund. For VAT revenue of N61.18 billion, the Federal Government, after deducting cost of collection of FIRS got N8.8 billion, while states pocketed N29.36 billion and local governments got N20.55 billion.

The finance minister attributed the decline in allocation to reduction in revenue which was caused by shutdown and shut-in of production at various terminals during the period.

She however painted an optimistic picture when she said: “Even though the revenues were currently down, non oil revenue is beginning to make up for the shortfall in oil revenue. Ongoing maintenance and the shutdown and shut-in of production for repairs at different terminals during the month continued to impact crude oil and gas revenue negatively.

“We don’t have to rely on oil with its price going down and very unstable. We are focusing on revenue from non-oil and you can see impressive N369.882 billion compliance with tax.”

Apart from repairs and maintenance, members of the FAAC were told that there was also a revenue loss of $19.43 million as a result of reduction in export even though the average price of crude oil increased from $46.96 in September to $49.58 in October while non oil revenue also decreased by N114.2billion in November in comparison to the previous month of October.
http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-directs-immediate-payment-of-december-salaries/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by HerexG(m): 4:05am On Dec 23, 2015
Is this supposed to be a news or what ? Are they not supposed to pay their salaries, so paying workers their salary in this government now is a big deal undecided

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by ademega(m): 4:06am On Dec 23, 2015
thank u my God fearing president.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by eyesofgod: 4:16am On Dec 23, 2015
Ok. Smooth Xmas for federal workers. But my state goverment will not agree that Dec allocation has been received meaning rough Xmas for state workers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by DropShot: 4:24am On Dec 23, 2015
HerexG:
Is this supposed to be a news or what ? Are they not supposed to pay their salaries, so paying workers their salary in this government now is a big deal undecided
The salary for December is not earned by any worker until after 31st of December. So, quit being irrational.

If the salary is paid before 25th, it's a favour and not a right even though Nigerians have come to see it as the later.

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by richybanky(m): 4:33am On Dec 23, 2015
I might gt alert today or probably 2mao ni yen, dere is hope for we corpers grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by chuksbogus2001: 4:43am On Dec 23, 2015
DropShot:

The salary for December is not earned by any worker until after 31st of December. So, quit being irrational.

If the salary is paid before 25th, it's a favour and not a right even though Nigerians have come to see it as the later.
[quote author=DropShot post=41258637]

you must be an applicant, sacked fellow or a barrow pusher. when you don't know and don't know that you don't know then your doom is near. see what sentiment have turned you into.
You are entitled to your salary so far you have worked for 15 days in a month OK? so as from 16th your employer is owing you. so be educated

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 23, 2015
DropShot:

you are a big liar, we were paid some years back 15th of each month, even if government decided to pay 1st of the month it is no way a favour okay, because the job will be carried out, what do you say about the contractors paid before they start work, so is it a favour? If you don't know what to say but defending the government without knowing you re hurting the feeling of a lot of people you better keep quite and close that your bookal bookal

54 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by HerexG(m): 4:59am On Dec 23, 2015
DropShot:

Mental slavery, whether he pay at 1st or the 31st it doesn't by any way add to the value of the salary, it's still remains their due reward for working. Let's stop giving this politicians accolades for their responsibility.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by erasergozy: 5:03am On Dec 23, 2015
Op! I dey wonder how you wan may we believe this your info when some have not got their November salary.

But I wouldn't surprised if salaries are now been paid over the media

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by adioolayi(m): 5:05am On Dec 23, 2015
“We don’t have to rely on oil with its price going down and very
unstable. We are focusing on revenue from non-oil and you can
see impressive N369.882 billion compliance with tax.”

. .hmmm...Something is truly happening, it's a matter of time, Nigeria on a path to greatness.

God bless Nigeria!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by asadike(f): 5:08am On Dec 23, 2015
God, i pray so. chai, i.miss Gej.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by ZUBY77(m): 5:12am On Dec 23, 2015
I don't get it. Do we really need Buhari to issue orders before workers are paid?
What is he running? A company?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by ZUBY77(m): 5:14am On Dec 23, 2015
DropShot:

You need to return to school.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:17am On Dec 23, 2015
Good but Sir if u pay shld we use all to buy fuel??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by opribo(m): 5:49am On Dec 23, 2015
HerexG:

I tire O, paying civil servants for your work done is now a news item. SMH indeed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by opribo(m): 5:50am On Dec 23, 2015
HerexG:

I tire O, paying civil servants for work done is now a news item. SMH indeed.
Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by DropShot: 5:53am On Dec 23, 2015
ZUBY77:

You need to return to school.

OK. But your own certificates need to be revoked by the schools you attended.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by Samyj247: 5:53am On Dec 23, 2015
richybanky:
I might gt alert today or probably 2mao ni yen, dere is hope for we corpers grin
I pray so o

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by mickeyenglish(m): 5:55am On Dec 23, 2015
Post No Bill........
Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by DropShot: 5:58am On Dec 23, 2015
HerexG:

Mental slavery, whether he pay at 1st or the 31st it doesn't by any way add to the value of the salary, it's still remains their due reward for working. Let's stop giving this politicians accolades for their responsibility.
If whether an employer pays on 15th, 31st or 1st is not an issue, which of course shouldn't be; why does it become one whence the FG or a state govt doesn't pay before 25th in December? I repeat, it's a priviledge that a worker gets paid before month end and not a right. As we speak, I got my salary two days back and I appreciate my employers for it. If they didn't pay by 31st, they wouldn't have erred. Simple as ABC.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by DropShot: 6:05am On Dec 23, 2015
studio14:
you are a big liar, we were paid some years back 15th of each month, even if government decided to pay 1st of the month it is no way a favour okay, because the job will be carried out, what do you say about the contractors paid before they start work, so is it a favour? If you don't know what to say but defending the government without knowing you re hurting the feeling of a lot of people you better keep quite and close that your bookal bookal
That you were paid on 15th or even 10th at some point didn't make it your right at at those dates. You only enjoyed magnanimity of your employers then and perhaps things were very rosy for them. What do you mean by the bold? It makes no sense bacause we can as well argue that the employee should be paid his yearly wage in January since he will eventually do the work. It is not alled "monthly salary" for no reason.

Dolt, contracts are different kettle of fish. Contractors get mobilization fees as per contract agreement and get paid based on progress made as per letters of the contract. Do you live from hand to mouth that's making you want to kill yourself on top the matter?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by DropShot: 6:10am On Dec 23, 2015
chuksbogus2001:
you must be an applicant, sacked fellow or a barrow pusher. when you don't know and don't know that you don't know then your doom is near. see what sentiment have turned you into.
You are entitled to your salary so far you have worked for 15 days in a month OK? so as from 16th your employer is owing you. so be educated
If I tell you I earn millions monthly, you will not believe. So, let me accept I'm a barrow pusher. It doesn't make me one.

Nincompoop, tell us which law states you're entitled to your salary after 15th of every month? Olodo, it is called "monthly salary" for a reason and it is normally not earned before the month ends. So, if you get paid before the month ends, it's a priviledge and not a right.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by disloman(m): 6:11am On Dec 23, 2015
HerexG:
Bro!it is their right to pay salary but with the current economy situation,they are trying.If they don't pay,it is people like you will wail as if your life depends on it.God will keep strengthen the FG.Merry X mas Nairalanders.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by egift(m): 6:17am On Dec 23, 2015
God bless the President with a heart. What ever he does, Wailers must complain, so am not bothered again.

The main difference between APC and PDP is President Buhari.

Sai Buhari all the way!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by Endlesslove33(m): 6:18am On Dec 23, 2015
Ook
Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by Nooluwaytravels: 6:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Meanwhile here in South Africa salaries have been paid since 18/12/2015. We need to get many things right in that country

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by courage54(m): 6:32am On Dec 23, 2015
May The Almighty Bless the President. Anybody that doesn't see anything good in this present administration lacks vision.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by ubah84(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2015
rubbish.dis govt will never stop lieing tomorrow is public holiday and you're giving order today when are they going to pay

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by docadams: 7:14am On Dec 23, 2015
DropShot:

If I tell you I earn millions monthly, you will not believe. So, let me accept I'm a barrow pusher. It doesn't make me one.

Nincompoop, tell us which law states you're entitled to your salary after 15th of every month? Olodo, it is called "monthly salary" for a reason and it is normally not earned before the month ends. So, if you get paid before the month ends, it's a priviledge and not a right.

Hmmmmmmm

Your explanation makes a lot of sense.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Directs Immediate Payment Of December Salaries by akinyeleaa: 7:26am On Dec 23, 2015
Chai, wailers will always wail. while I personally don't see it as a big deal paying salaries and this early, i think it is okay to appreciate him. it is these same fools saying he could even pay before them working at all that will cry like bush babies if the payment is not made till later the next month even though the money will be paid eventually. And those saying it shouldn't be news, these are the same people that will wail if the money dragged on till Jan 1.While we shouldn't celebrate mediocrity, we should appreciate a govt trying even with the dwindling economy.

Don't quote me if u don't have a brain, biko

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adamawa Residents Troop Out To Wash Off "APC Stains" / Peter Obi's In Agbor, Hold Early Morning Rally For Peter Obi / Chad Recaptures Nigerian Town From Boko Haram Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.