Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,405 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Uber Taxi Business Inquiry - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Uber Taxi Business Inquiry (12752 Views)

Business Inquiry / Starting Uber Taxi Business / How Is Taxi Business In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Aro007: 8:20am On Nov 05, 2015
Hello All, I need your advise, especially form people that have already enrolled with Uber Taxi scheme in Nigeria. I really want to invest in it but would like to know what the likely challenges would be. A possible lead on the expected commercials would be appreciated as well considering i would need to go and buy a 2008-2015 car.

In my previous post i have tried to reach out for advice on other issues but with little or no response from the house. I Don't know if i need to know one of the admin personnel before i can get a responses or perhaps my headings are not always captivating enough. Please, the house input would be appreciated. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Aro007: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by naijacutee(f): 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
Hi, this is a new venture, but all the drivers I have spoken to have nothing but praises. Apparently it is very lucrative, especially if you own your own Uber-compliant car. The venture is properly reviewed here: http://www.mrpepe.com/startups/how-to-make-₦250000-a-month-driving-uber-taxis/
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Aro007: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks Naijacutte for your response, i actually gave up on my post since i wasn't getting the required response. Am still open to other comments as i am buying a Uber compliance car for this purpose and i need a good justification for it.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Aro007: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by laplace(m): 1:55am On Nov 22, 2015
I take Uber a lot due to the nature of my business and on each occasion, I open conversations with the drivers instead of listening to music or radio. I have done commercial transport in Lagos (cabs, taxis, vanagons, etc) and have found these the following as highlights with Uber:

1. UberX (Uber has UberX and UberBlack cars as Class A and Class B kind of) drivers claim they make between N80,000 and N100,000 per week. Uber takes 20% of this as commission and most partners (owners of cars with Uber are called partners) give their drivers 20% so the partner makes 60% as gross. Some partners give targets (usually between N80,000 and N100,000 per week depending on partner) and give performance based commission on a basic salary (Only one driver gave me N10,000 as an indication of basic salary per week).

2. There seem to be some consistency in the numbers they read out as inflows and outflows. Expenses are majorly in fuelling (Some say N14,000 while others say N15,000 or N16,000) and basic monthly servicing. Depending on the age of the car, there might need to be provision for repairs and maintenance.

3. Uber has a list of cars they take and it is wise to consult this list before making the investment. For instance, I discovered that a premium car such as Acura ZDX is not acceptable, Hyundai Ellantra and Hyundai Accent are not acceptable either from what I heard. They only take cars from 2008 or newer. Also, you need to understand car classification before making the investment. While Toyota Venza 2014 may cost as much as N6,000,000, it is classified as UberX and will earn only same fares as Toyota Camry 2009 for N2,000,000 or brand new Nissan Almera 2014 for N2,000,000 or a little more. Here, wisdom is profitable to direct.

4. I am aware of bankers and other employees who work 8 am to 5 pm fully in the office who use their cars for Uber for those 8 hours they are in the office. I believe this is turning a liability into an asset and sounds sane.

5. Your car must have a car tracker. That way you are protected from suspicious drivers and riders.

6. It is possible for drivers to turn off the device (go offline) and make money while using your car and fuel, therefore, you need to be smart and watchful.

7. It LOOKS like a good business now, but there are a lot of questions to be asked.

I am sure we will engage more.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by phonesNgadgets: 8:37am On Nov 22, 2015
I'm following this thread with interest.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Aro007: 9:40am On Nov 25, 2015
Thanks a million phonesNgadgets. Just reading your post am really down with this, need more info though !
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Teeneyo(m): 10:09am On Nov 25, 2015
Wat abt d issue of d model year of the car.is dere a workaround about it.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by phonesNgadgets: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
Aro007:
Thanks a million phonesNgadgets. Just reading your post am really down with this, need more info though !
Bro, I am in your shoes. I am also also looking for info about the uber taxi partnership.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by anonymousmum: 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2015
subscribing.

I am about to become a partner and and scouting for additional information before I make a final decision..
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Aro007: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by TokyoBulls(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2016
Can we share experiences on this?
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by mechanicaldummie(m): 8:15am On Jan 04, 2016
Easy Taxi is more lucrative.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by noblehse(m): 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2016
Uber taxi business is very lucrative,I have a neighbor doing the business & believe me he bought another car after six month, I couldn't do the business because Uber required car is from 2008 which I can't afford.Good luck
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Megilicious(f): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
Pls Cnt One Just B A Driver With Uber Without Owning A Car, Must 1 Own A Car? N Wats D Weekly Payments N Requirements Of That Person.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Tolujoseph(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
So my question is who takes the car home after the days work; Uber, The Owner, or The Driver?
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by radhiyah: 3:46am On Jan 09, 2016
Megilicious:
Pls Cnt One Just B A Driver With Uber Without Owning A Car, Must 1 Own A Car? N Wats D Weekly Payments N Requirements Of That Person.
Yes you don't need to own a car as far as you have a valid driver license and a Lasdri card that take 48 to get one.
Call any of this number they will match you with a "Partner" it mean owner looking for someone to drive thier car.Goodluck my brother
As an Uber Driver, you can contact one of the agencies below to get paired to an existing partner. You would require a valid Driver's License and LASDRI card to drive.

Delight Consulting
Contact person: Gbenga Raheem
Contact number: 08054449419 and 08037107839

Lington & Bernie
Contact person: Lanre Oke
Contact number: 08032298220
Contact email: lanre.oke@lingtonandbernie.com

Nawaa
Contact person: Christina
Contact number: 08090965913 and 08090965319
Contact email: info@nawaa.ng

WorkCenta
Contact person: Angela Iyeke
Contact number: 08029476384 and 08179275311
Contact email: aiyeke@

Take a Practise Test to have an understanding on how the onboarding would be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Megilicious(f): 4:23pm On Jan 09, 2016
Pls Wich Site Has D Practise Test?, And Also Do U Av Any Idea Of Payment, ?
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by TokyoBulls(m): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2016
Tolujoseph:
So my question is who takes the car home after the days work; Uber, The Owner, or The Driver?

Depends on your arrangement with your driver but Uber never 'takes the car home'. I have some cars with them and all my drivers take the cars allocated to them home. The car is insured (comprehensive insurance is compulsory on Uber) and all of them have car trackers on them so I do not need to panic.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by TokyoBulls(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2016
Megilicious:
Please let me know when you are through with your test. We need more drivers.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Solumtoya: 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2016
TokyoBulls:

Please let me know when you are through with your test. We need more drivers.

We really need to talk... Please provide an email address I could contact you on. I have a car I wanna put on the platform, can you assist with this?
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by millhouse: 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
TokyoBulls:

Depends on your arrangement with your driver but Uber never 'takes the car home'. I have some cars with them and all my drivers take the cars allocated to them home. The car is insured (comprehensive insurance is compulsory on Uber) and all of them have car trackers on them so I do not need to panic.
is like a hire purchase where d drive takes the car after a period agreed on?
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by cuteonline: 10:58pm On Feb 05, 2016
TokyoBulls:

Please can you share what the average income your car/driver makes in a week/month?
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by TokyoBulls(m): 8:57pm On Feb 14, 2016
Solumtoya:

We really need to talk... Please provide an email address I could contact you on. I have a car I wanna put on the platform, can you assist with this?

You can send an email to uberlagosspectre@gmail.com
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by TokyoBulls(m): 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
millhouse:
is like a hire purchase where d drive takes the car after a period agreed on?

Not really (generally speaking) but that arrangement is possible between the driver and the partner.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by TokyoBulls(m): 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2016
cuteonline:

Please can you share what the average income your car/driver makes in a week/month?

Top 20% drivers earn about N120,000 to N160,000. Average is about N80,000 but some drivers earn less too. Most drivers earn 20% of the net income to partners
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Aro007: 9:23am On Feb 15, 2016
@ Tokyobulls, Seems you know alot about the uber driver's expectation. DO you by any chance have an idea of the car owners expectation?
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by TokyoBulls(m): 1:48am On Feb 18, 2016
Aro007:
@ Tokyobulls, Seems you know alot about the uber driver's expectation. DO you by any chance have an idea of the car owners expectation?

Partner's earnings depends on the car and the driver. A sound car with a hard working driver can earn between N80,000 and N150,000 as gross income. To earn more, you need to study and understand the peak periods and ensure your driver drives during those peak periods. You also need to study different places in Lagos and ensure your driver is smart enough to see where demand is. Different areas will surge at different times and most of these surges can be predicted.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by TokyoBulls(m): 8:00pm On Mar 08, 2016
I need 10 drivers who have active Uber accounts and profiles for immediate employment. They must have a rating of minimum 4.4 and be ready to start working immediately. I pay 20% of net income, 100% performance bonus and additional N20,000 to high fliers (minimum NN150,000 per week gross earnings. You can send a mail to UberLagosSpectre@gmail.com and UberLagosSpectre@yahoo.com.
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by MPVGoddess: 3:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
can i use a mercedes benz sedan s-class or c-class for uber in nigeria if it meets those criteria?
Re: Uber Taxi Business Inquiry by Aro007: 6:18am On Apr 10, 2016
@ MPVGoddness kindly go through this url. I believe it would help. http://www.ubernigeria.com/accepted-vehicles/

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Probes Questionable Bank Transactions / Important Notice To Know About NIN For Applicants Abroad / Help On Business Suggestion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.