Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:28 AM

I Don't Understand These Atheists! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Understand These Atheists! (1114 Views)

I Don't Understand God / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Understand These Atheists! by humblesoul(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2009
Hello Nairalanders,
, this is directed to huxley, mazaje and co, i come in peace so am not here to ask for a fight, i respect your right not to believe in God but why can't you respect the rights of us that believe in God, everyone has a right to be what they want to be, muslim, christian, hindu, sango worshipper, atheists, budhist, etc, But you guys come here everyday trying to force your atheist stuff down our throats, don't you understand that in life everyone is different?, whether you like it or not there will always be christians, muslims, hindus, atheists, armed robbers, prostitutes, footballers, politicians, teachers etc, so why not let go and live your atheist life while we live our religious life, like i said earlier i am not calling for a heated exchange of words am just saying let everyone be free to believe what they want to believe!!!!
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by banom(m): 4:54pm On May 12, 2009
humblesoul:

Hello Nairalanders,
, this is directed to huxley, mazaje and co, i come in peace so am not here to ask for a fight, i respect your right not to believe in God but why can't you respect the rights of us that believe in God, everyone has a right to be what they want to be, muslim, christian, hindu, sango worshipper, atheists, budhist, etc, But you guys come here everyday trying to force your atheist stuff down our throats, don't you understand that in life everyone is different?, whether you like it or not there will always be christians, muslims, hindus, atheists, armed robbers, prostitutes, footballers, politicians, teachers etc, so why not let go and live your atheist life while we live our religious life, like i said earlier i am not calling for a heated exchange of words am just saying let everyone be free to believe what they want to believe!!!!

any thing u see atheist doing in nairaland is called atheism evangelism,( to liberate the deluded mind of religios appologists)

Athest learned it from you appologist, for christian, they will come to the media and preach and show us miracles,they even go as far as staging a fake miracle all in an attempt to convert people,
As for islam they go as far as staging Jihad(holy war) killing people whoi refused to follow them,

Cow boy, atheist are by far less agrasive and manipulastive than you applogists.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by JeSoul(f): 5:17pm On May 12, 2009
Humblesoul,
don't waste ur cybertime with these self-annointed 'intellectuals'. Those of us who've been here long enuff have seen that they are mostly driven by hate and an insatiable desire to ridicule others and their religions. Most christians here don't even bother to read or reply their posts.

There are however a few reasonable, honest, warm and down-to-earth atheists here on NL, its too bad they don't post more often. The few bads eggs are giving all of them a bad rep.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by mazaje(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2009
humblesoul:

Hello Nairalanders,
, this is directed to huxley, mazaje and co, i come in peace so am not here to ask for a fight, i respect your right not to believe in God but why can't you respect the rights of us that believe in God, everyone has a right to be what they want to be, muslim, christian, hindu, sango worshipper, atheists, budhist,  etc,

most of the nigerian christians do not respect our rights to be atheist. . . . nairaland is the biggest nigerian discussion forum. . .i come here to show nigerian christians that it is very normal to be an atheist and i show them how inconsistent and ridiculous their assertions are. . .i am not here to convert anybody. . i am here to show nigerian christians that it is very normal to be an atheist since christians and christianity do not have a better argument. . .christians rely ONLY on faith we rely on reason.

But you guys come here everyday trying to force your atheist stuff down our throats, don't you understand that in life everyone is different?, whether you like it or not there will always be christians, muslims, hindus, atheists, armed robbers, prostitutes, footballers, politicians, teachers etc, so why not let go and live your atheist life while we live our religious life, like i said earlier i am not calling for a heated exchange of words am just saying let everyone be free to believe what they want to believe!!!!

your fellow nigerian christians do not believe that either. . .nigerian christians do not believe that atheist have the right to be who they are or believe in what ever they want to believe in, they lie all the time that they don't care but tell them that you are an atheist and see how they will start treating you. . . does the bible not call atheist fools? do christians not believe that atheist are fools because the bible tells them that? the problems is not from us. . .the bible calls us fools for not believing in its more foolish and stupid assertions. . .and hence bible believing christians treat us as fools because their foolish bible tells them so. . . . i  was in nigeria in february and a friend of mine lost his job simply because his openly displayed his agnosticism to his born again female boss. . . .tell  christians that u are an atheist in nigeria and see how they will disparage, ridicule and mistreat you. . .christians have already declared war on atheists. . we just have to fight back. . . .and we fight back by showing them how false the bible and all its assertions are. . .if the bible is true christians will be performing magic. . . . . .the world we live in is not the one that the bible asserts or talks about. . . .
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by mazaje(m): 5:34pm On May 12, 2009
JeSoul:

Humblesoul,
don't waste ur cybertime with these self-annointed 'intellectuals'. Those of us who've been here long enuff have seen that they are mostly driven by hate and an insatiable desire to ridicule others and their religions. Most christians here don't even bother to read or reply their posts.

you see the problem. . .go to the moslem section and see what your fellow christians are doing to the moslems. . .not that i care but. . .do christains not ridicule moslems and their religion? do they post not hateful post and insult moslems? why do you guys whine when you are being given a dose of your own medicine? long before atheist came to nairaland christains have ALWAYS been fighting and ridiculing each others sects. . .calling each others names and what not. . . it is always the catholics verse protestant. . the tithe verse the non tithe paying christians. . .the followers of pastor chris and tb joshus versus that of pastor adeboye and co. . . the only time christians agree with each other is when they are arguing with atheist. . .most christains don't bother to read or reply you say eh? is it because you have no better argument?
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by humblesoul(m): 5:38pm On May 12, 2009
mazaje:

most of the nigerian christians do not respect our rights to be atheist. . . . nairaland is the biggest nigerian discussion forum. . .i come here to show nigerian christians that it is very normal to be an atheist and i show them how inconsistent and ridiculous their assertions are. . .i am not here to convert anybody. . i am here to show nigerian christians that it is very normal to be an atheist since christians and christianity do not have a better argument. . .christians rely ONLY on faith we rely on reason.

your fellow nigerian christians do not believe that either. . .nigerian christians do not believe that atheist have the right to be who they are or believe in what ever they want to believe in, they lie all the time that they don't care but tell them that you are an atheist and see how they will start treating you. . . does the bible not call atheist fools? do christians not believe that atheist are fools because the bible tells them that? the problems is not from us. . .the bible calls us fools for not believing in its more foolish and stupid assertions. . .and hence bible believing christians treat us as fools because their foolish bible tells them so. . . . i  was in nigeria in february and a friend of mine lost his job simply because his openly displayed his agnosticism to his born again female boss. . . .tell  christians that u are an atheist in nigeria and see how they will disparage, ridicule and mistreat you. . .christians have already declared war on atheists. . we just have to fight back. . . .and we fight back by showing them how false the bible and all its assertions are. . .if the bible is true christians will be performing magic. . . . . .the world we live in is not the one that the bible asserts or talks about. . . .  

dear mazaje,

firstly i want to correct u, i am a muslim, but i grew up in the christian south amongst christians and i also have christain cousins, so i dont really agree with u that all christians are like that, in my family everyone is left to thier own faith and nobody is ridiculed or disrespected because of what they believe, my approach in life is that when one gets to a certain age u cant force religion down their throat so i just let everyone choose the path that he feels suits him, so if u don't beleive in God then that is your own piece of cake but like i said when i started this thread, some atheist come here and bug people who beilieve in God, i think that is not fair, we respect ur right be be who u are so please respect us too,
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by noetic(m): 5:40pm On May 12, 2009
banom:

any thing u see atheist doing in nairaland is called atheism evangelism,( to liberate the deluded mind of religios appologists)

Athest learned it from you appologist, for christian, they will come to the media and preach and show us miracles,they even go as far as staging a fake miracle all in an attempt to convert people,
As for islam they go as far as staging Jihad(holy war) killing people whoi refused to follow them,

Cow boy, atheist are by far less agrasive and manipulastive than you applogists.

I have no problem with an atheist stating his/her case. The problem arises when an atheist proclaims delusion of the religious.

who is more deluded, the christian who defines his belief as "FAITH" in an uncreated GOD or is it an atheist, who cannot rationally explain his beliefs/disbeliefs?

on one hand it is impossible to have an "uncreated GOD" on the other hand, it is possible that life began from an "uncreated" big bang.

on one hand you must be "stupid" to believe that everything has its origin from GOD, but on the other hand it is intelligent to believe all things evolved, when there is no evidence of the pioneer micro-organisms that created life or an explanation for the first complex chemical reactions thet proposed life.

on one hand because of the death and misadventure of certain "christians" who practised the faith, there is therefore no GOD, on the other hand, for those who however did well, its just a coincidence.

I could go on and on, but it all bugs down to one thing. . . . .atheism is a delusion proud and foolish people live in.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by noetic(m): 5:45pm On May 12, 2009
mazaje:

atheists are fast denying christians their rights to conventional christian practices, in the name of offending disbelievers.

you have found it difficult to tell me

1. what the sacred convictions of atheism/naturalism is/are? if at all there are any?
2. what is nature's truth? what is the truth?
3. what is naturalism's explanation of the conception of life?

unless and until u answer these questions within the limits of intelligence (no long stories or unnecessary rubbish), my opinion of u as a misguided and uninformed, ranting ignoramus still holds. (no offence intended)
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by huxley(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2009
Activist atheists or better still naturalists are interested in religion and supernaturalism in the same way that a surgeon is interested in a cancerous growth.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by mazaje(m): 5:58pm On May 12, 2009
humblesoul:

dear mazaje,

firstly i want to correct u, i am a muslim, but i grew up in the christian south amongst christians and i also have christain cousins, so i dont really agree with u that all christians are like that, in my family everyone is left to thier own faith and nobody is ridiculed or disrespected because of what they believe, my approach in life is that when one gets to a certain age u cant force religion down their throat so i just let everyone choose the path that he feels suits him, so if u don't beleive in God then that is your own piece of cake but like i said when i started this thread, some atheist come here and bug people who beilieve in God, i think that is not fair, we respect ur right be be who u are so please respect us too,

christians bug moslems and moslems bug christains. . . the war has been going on since naiaraland started floating. . . . it lead to a personal threat on seun's life. . . why is it only right for religious people to challange each other and wrong for atheist to do the same? grin grin. . . i dont see any respect between the christians and moslems here on NL. . .
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by mazaje(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2009
noetic:

atheists are fast denying christians their rights to conventional christian practices, in the name of offending disbelievers.

what are the conventional christian practices you are talking about? grin grin is there any such things as conventional christian practice? grin grin

you have found it difficult to tell me

1. what the sacred convictions of atheism/naturalism is/are? if at all there are any?
2. what is nature's truth? what is the truth?
3. what is naturalism's explanation of the conception of life?

i have told you that before go and re-read my post on the other thread. . . .if you want to discuss that lets do it on the other thread. . .you ran away only to pop up here and pretend to be asking "questions". . . . .

unless and until u answer these questions within the limits of intelligence (no long stories or unnecessary rubbish), my opinion of u as a misguided and uninformed, ranting ignoramus still holds. (no offence intended)

i already did on the other thread. . .you keep talking about intelligence when you have non what so ever. . .can you use your intelligence and explain to me why you believe in certain things in the bible like the story of noah which has no scientific evidence what so ever. . .does your bible not frown at intelligence? does your bible not tell you to accept all of its ridiculous, unproven and irrational assertions purely on faith? stop talking about intelligence because the bible discourages the application of intelligence but tells people to be fools so that they will be wise. . .it tells people to believe all what it says purely on faith. . . .
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2009
@humblesoul et al

I am an atheist, I rarely come to nairaland these days mostly because I have been very busy grin , personally I only think it is natural to expect someone to attack what you believe in when you come to the religion section. A clashing of ideas is really one of the effective ways for one to check that which you believe in relation to that which we have on reality today.

It is a learning process brother, I have limited my criticisms to beliefs which affect our daily lives for instance, if we had someone here who believed in the ancient calabar practice of sacrificing twin kids to save the land from being defiled I am pretty sure your reaction to such a person would not be very subtle, in the same vain when I come in here and I see someone raising an thread about say homosexuality and I relaise that the persons position is not informed I try my best to point it out TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE, I cannot know all neither can anyone here on earth so why not see it as a process to test that which you believe in by faith and that which you believe if it is the right thing to do by all regardless of religious affiliation?

I have learnt a lot from everyone here, I have had fun , laughed my ass out and also had heated arguments, in the end my friend always know that there is:
What you believe in
What I believe in,  

and there is

What is right

the part in bold above is what we should be talking about, the conditions that makes something right,

We live and we learn.

Cheers  grin
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by Horus(m): 7:02pm On May 12, 2009
If you look in the middle of the word Be[b]lie[/b]f and Be[b]lie[/b]ve, you will see the word lie. Belief is ignorance. If one has to believe, it means he or she does not know, and if one does not know, that is ignorance. Hence, belief is ignorance. The most deceptive word in religion is the word BELIEVE or BELIEF, because a person can believe anything, and this means that a person can believe and be one hundred per cent wrong. But knowledge is KNOWING. Knowledge is CORRECT INFORMATION. TO KNOW gives one confidence, but belief infers doubt. Knowledge can be checked out by one or more of three tests (1) Experience (2) Evidence or (3) Reason.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by JeSoul(f): 7:12pm On May 12, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

I cannot know all neither can anyone here on earth so why not see it as a process to test that which you believe in by faith and that which you believe if it is the right thing to do by all regardless of religious affiliation?

In the midst of nothingness a wise man has spoken.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by noetic(m): 11:01pm On May 12, 2009
mazaje:

what are the conventional christian practices you are talking about? grin grin is there any such things as conventional christian practice? grin grin

i have told you that before go and re-read my post on the other thread. . . .if you want to discuss that lets do it on the other thread. . .you ran away only to pop up here and pretend to be asking "question". . . . .

i already did on the other thread. . .you keep talking about intelligence when you have non what so ever. . .can you use your intelligence and explain to me why you believe in certain things in the bible like the story of noah which has no scientific evidence what so ever. . .does your bible not frown at intelligence? does your bible not tell you to accept all of its ridiculous, unproven and irrational assertions purely on faith? stop talking about intelligence because the bible discourages the application of intelligence but tells people to be fools so that they will be wise. . .it tells people to believe all what it says purely on faith. . . .

ran away? ran away from what?

you can as well answer the questions here.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by mazaje(m): 7:04pm On May 13, 2009
noetic:

ran away? ran away from what?

you ran away from the  many many lies you have been spewing on the other thread. . .once you had been exposed you took off

Quote from noetic: I can speak for Christians. perfection is impossible, that's why we are given GRACE.

only that you are lying or you pick and choose what passage of the bible to believe in as you all do. . .because that is not what ur bible says. .

Matthew 5:48 "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect,

you can as well answer the questions here.

i already did. . . on the other thread. . . if you want me to answer again then go ask on the other thread. . .
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by manmustwac(m): 8:30pm On May 13, 2009
@post
I never used to bother with the religious section until i came across a topic by JeSoul called The Problem With The Atheist which to me was a bloody insult to my intelligence coz as far as am concerned i don't have a problem. But that topic made me realise that the reason why nigeria is not progressing is because of RELIGION.

The masses {or millions} will rather go to those big massive prayer conventions and pray for wealth health jobs etc. They think that an invisible man is going to come from the sky to solve thier problems. When instead the millions should just march down to Aso Rock and demand change. If change donsen't come then they should riot. Even if 50 or 100 of them get shot or killed its better you die for a cause instead of fighting the Hausas.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by humblesoul(m): 10:13pm On May 13, 2009
manmustwac:

@post
I never used to bother with the religious section until i came across a topic by JeSoul called The Problem With The Atheist which to me was a bloody insult to my intelligence coz as far as am concerned i don't have a problem. But that topic made me realise that the reason why nigeria is not progressing is because of RELIGION.

The masses {or millions} will rather go to those big massive prayer conventions and pray for wealth health jobs etc. They think that an invisible man is going to come from the sky to solve thier problems. When instead the millions should just march down to Aso Rock and demand change. If change donsen't come then they should riot. Even if 50 or 100 of them get shot or killed its better you die for a cause instead of fighting the Hausas.

i understand how you feel about religion, as u said religion has caused a lot of problems and has given a lot of people excuses but you have to admit there are good muslims, christians, hindus, buhdists etc out there who just go about their normal lives without bugging anyone, and a lot of people also find peace and love in their hearts thru religion!!!
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by JeSoul(f): 2:33am On May 14, 2009
manmustwac:

@post
I never used to bother with the religious section until i came across a topic by JeSoul called [b]The Problem With The Atheist which to me was a bloody insult to my intelligence coz as far as am concerned i don't have a problem[/b]. But that topic made me realise that the reason why nigeria is not progressing is because of RELIGION.

smiley you certainly don't have a problem. And since you read the contents of that thread I'm sure you must have understood it was directed at the atheists who participated heavily in the religion forum. You're misrepresenting the contents of that thread and my motive behind it. Any intrested NLders can peep it here   https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-159225.0.html
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by JeSoul(f): 2:36am On May 14, 2009
humblesoul:

i understand how you feel about religion, as u said religion has caused a lot of problems and has given a lot of people excuses but you have to admit there are good muslims, christians, hindus, buhdists etc out there who just go about their normal lives without bugging anyone, and a lot of people also find peace and love in their hearts thru religion!!!

A very pertinent fact that many of our atheist brethren here on NL refuse to acknowledge. There is so much good that is done in the name of religion whether christian or muslim YET most of the atheists here only choose to focus on the bad and paint all religious people with the same tainted brush.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by No2Atheism(m): 2:57am On May 14, 2009
@jesoul are u a broadcaster,  shocked cool, wats with u forgeting ur lines.

@topic
Atheists are humans they are not aliens hence they also feel the need to be right, and unfortunately since no one can prove or disprove the existence of a Creator the only way they can have peace of mind is by "proactively" trying to engage people in discussions so that those people would try to give them an evidence of the existence or non existence of a Creator.
Hence the best way to inflict pain on atheists is to ignore them, cus that way they would never be able to justify themselves or their reasoning. Atheists need an audience, just make sure you don't give them one.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by JeSoul(f): 3:13am On May 14, 2009
No2Atheism:

@jesoul are u a broadcastershocked cool, wats with u forgeting ur lines.
   yes sir  kiss I host a local tv show out here in Boston. The poor camera dudes had to do like a gazillion takes for just a paragraph  shocked  cheesy anyways how u dey my brotha? kiss

@topic
Atheists are humans they are not aliens hence they also feel the need to be right, and unfortunately since no one can prove or disprove the existence of a Creator the only way they can have peace of mind is by "proactively" trying to engage people in discussions so that those people would try to give them an evidence of the existence or non existence of a Creator.
Hence the best way to inflict pain on atheists is to ignore them, cus that way they would never be able to justify themselves or their reasoning. Atheists need an audience, just make sure you don't give them one.
  And I think these discussions are great for both sides to air their viewpoints. But so much of the religion forum is anything but "healthy discussion" and both sides are guilty not just the atheists. There are some cool ones, but unfortunately most of them don't post often. To me most of the posts in this section are only good for one thing: to be ignored.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by No2Atheism(m): 3:24am On May 14, 2009
That's good , saw some of your youtube videos, (i didn't know you were a superstar just managing us peasants on NL)

Yes and in the words of Uncle Sege: I dey kampe
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by No2Atheism(m): 3:26am On May 14, 2009
JeSoul:

yes sir  kiss I host a local tv show out here in Boston. The poor camera dudes had to do like a gazillion takes for just a paragraph  shocked  cheesy  anyways how u dey my brotha?  kiss
  And I think these discussions are great for both sides to air their viewpoints. But so much of the religion forum is anything but "healthy discussion" and both sides are guilty not just the atheists. There are some cool ones, but unfortunately most of them don't post often. To me most of the posts in this section are only good for one thing: to be ignored.

Yes you are correct, "am guilty as charged" am trying my best to change sha, trying my best to limit my posts to as little diatribe and as much facts as possible, whether or not atheists and others listen or not.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by Okijajuju1(m): 3:41am On May 14, 2009
Really I dont.

It's now atheists that are giving you guys headache abi!!
Its cool when a christian goes on the muslim threads, insult Mohammed and Allah, make rubbish of the doctrines of the Holy Quoran and basically attack the muslim faith, but you have a problem when Atheists attack your christian doctrines!!

Its o.k for the muslims to blast their chants and call for prayers from loudspeakers mounted on the to of their mosques, disregarding the fact that it is even in Arabic and that it constitutes a nuissance to non-muslims. But if an Atheist opens a thread questoning the doctrine of Jihad or Sharia then we are labelled infidels.

Its cool for a Jehovas witness to trespass my property, to propagate their religion, but when an atheist raises a question on a christian thread, we are called names.

PULEEEZE!!

Its like Chrisbengor said above "blah . . . . . BlAh       . . .    BLAH!. . .  It is a learning process brother  . . . . Blah!".

By the way, what is the population of Atheists compared to the other religions on Nairaland for us to actually be a problem.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by JeSoul(f): 3:43am On May 14, 2009
No2Atheism:

That's good , saw some of your youtube videos, (i didn't know you were a superstar just managing us peasants on NL)
 glad you enjoyed the videos brotha  kiss lol superstar ke, I am fellow peasant jare kiss

Yes and in the words of Uncle Sege: I dey kampe
 I'm glad to hear that  kiss  smiley continue to remain firm in the Lord sweetie  smiley

No2Atheism:

Yes you are correct, "am guilty as charged" am trying my best to change sha, trying my best to limit my posts to as little diatribe and as much facts as possible, whether or not atheists and others listen or not.
 My dear we can all do a better job. I have learned myself with time how to walk away and be respectful even when it is not returned . . . I've seen that there is no weakness in submission and no shame in doing the right thing even when it is not popular.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by No2Atheism(m): 3:46am On May 14, 2009
Okija_juju:

Really I dont.

It's now atheists that are giving you guys headache abi!!
Its cool when a christian goes on the muslim threads, insult Mohammed and Allah, make rubbish of the doctrines of the Holy Quoran and basically attack the muslim faith, but you have a problem when Atheists attack your christian doctrines!!

Its o.k for the muslims to blast their chants and call for prayers from loudspeakers mounted on the to of their mosques, disregarding the fact that it is even in Arabic and that it constitutes a nuissance to non-muslims. But if an Atheist opens a thread questoning the doctrine of Jihad or Sharia then we are labelled infidels.

Its cool for a Jehovas witness to trespass my property, to propagate their religion, but when an atheist raises a question on a christian thread, we are called names.

PULEEEZE!!

Its like Chrisbengor said above "blah . . . . . BlAh       . . .    BLAH!. . .  It is a learning process brother  . . . . Blah!".

By the way, what is the population of Atheists compared to the other religions on Nairaland for us to actually be a problem.

Please did you just say: atheists give me headache  grin grin grin abegi.

I just find it boring and repititive repeating the same answers to their questions considering that most of their questions have been answered from the logical and scientific point of view ,

From experience as a wanabe closet atheist i have come to realise that ignoring atheists can be more effective than actually giving them an audience, cus atheists have no reference frame whatsoever hence they need an audience to justify and validate themselves. Hence once that audience is taking away from them, it becomes extremely painful for them to bear.
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02am On May 14, 2009
No2Atheism:

Please did you just say: atheists give me headache grin grin grin abegi.

I just find it boring and repititive repeating the same answers to their questions considering that most of their questions have been answered from the [size=18pt]logical[/size] and [size=18pt]scientific[/size] point of view ,
From experience as a wanabe closet atheist i have come to realise that ignoring atheists can be more effective than actually giving them an audience, cus atheists have no reference frame whatsoever hence they need an audience to justify and validate themselves. Hence once that audience is taking away from them, it becomes extremely painful for them to bear.

I just cant stop laughing at both those words. Are you sure you dont want to modify your post?!
Nothing personal, but there is nothing logical or scientfic about any religion, so how then could you have defended yours from those standpoint?!
What scientific bout Jesus walking on water or logical about a fish swallowing Jonah!! ROFL grin

I'm just saying, lets all chill out and learn from each other. Nobody is forcing anyone to convert. Like Banom said, call it "Atheist Evangelism".
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by Tudor2: 9:30am On May 14, 2009
You should be thanking us atheists,we're trying to deliver you from the eternal curse of stupidity.There's nothing logical or rational about a carpenter ressurecting or immaculate conception. . .when will religious people open their eyes and see reason? Why can't god just show himself,the suspense is really killing!
Re: I Don't Understand These Atheists! by manmustwac(m): 10:29am On May 14, 2009
humblesoul:

As far as Nigeria is concerned Religion is doing more harm than good. Obasanjo once said when asked about our nepa problem that nigerians should leave everything to god? (who as far as am concerned dosen't exist) He's just evading his responsibiliy as a leader. That is the problem with Nigeria when u talk to the ordinary man in the street he will say "e dey gods hand oh" or "only god can save us" Only Nigerians will solve Nigeria's problems no invisible man will come down from the sky to solve our problems.

(1) (Reply)

God Has Great Plans For You / Mr Shari'a-(Senator Yerima) Marries a 13 Year Old Egyptian. These Muslims Self / Afm With Pastor Chris Oyahkhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.