Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? (3716 Views)

From Us To You.... We Love You Dearly!!! / The Way People Love Us Depends On How We Love Ourselves / I Love My Husband Dearly, But I Am Attracted To My Work Colleague ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by spoilt(f): 2:57am On May 14, 2009
whats the difference between anambra and abia? grin
Sweating the small stuff if you ask me.
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by SeanT21(f): 4:46am On May 14, 2009
"She's Anambra and am Abia"

I can understand the religion side but what does this have to do with anything??
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by fdiva(f): 8:40am On May 14, 2009
only few av managed to talk sense others are talking trash

@poster before you started dating her dont u knw what ur parents advice is like concerning marriage,like marrying from another dominion or state?
As a pastor's son u r suppose to marry a girl that av the same faith with you
coming to think of that CATHOLIC AND PENTECOSTAL are christians but we all know that the faiths are diff so guy RETHINK
THIS IS ALSO THE REASON WHY SOME FAMILIES ARE DIVIDED MAYBE U WILL BE GOING TO PENTECOSTAL UR WIFE CATHOLIC AND THE CHILDREN HINDU. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by FBS: 8:45am On May 14, 2009
but seriously sometimes its damn hard to understand. What difference does it make if she is from anambra or abia or right from another planet?
She is human, God fearing and you love her. Those are very important factors.
Parents blessing are very important but sometimes, you just have to make them see your views.
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by Aderoy(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2009
Give or take it's your decision to pacify (not pressurise) your parents into seeing how much you two love each other and that your love is greater than the sendintement along the divides of religion/tribalism .

Besides dude, ask yourself are you psychologically ready for marriage life. Forget the fact that you have the money to burn a wedding day (which is merely a symbolic occasion imo) what you should be asking yourself on the on the other hand is "Have I got the werewithal to painstakingly carry through the marriage". Do not allow the rush of hormones down your veins push you into taking hasty decision. Forget about the fact that you two love each other, if you truly do use the next one 1 or 2 to sort things out with parents on both sides (which I see as part of the needed plaNning stage). I honestly think being able to sort this out will make you a better person and you would have psychologically and emotionally become a matured man to deal with other life experiences except of course you two have other agenda in wanting to rush into marriage.
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by ElRazur: 7:08pm On May 14, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

You are just a lousy brat,,am not interested in joining issues with you,,if you think using the F word dignifies you,,you go look for you type.when you get married and have kids you would undertand what you refused to understand now.

Your posts are "headfcuk"! I.e makes no flipping sense most times. Make it more articulate and logical next time.

Most in here agreed the parent are wrong. Period. Only a few people with similar school of thought share your view. I suppose that speaks volumes. smiley
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by Oxone(m): 12:40am On May 15, 2009
cant believe that in this age & time parent would refuse their children marriage cos of some crappy & lame excuse undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
your parents have already lived their life & despite the fact that they may have your best interest at heart, you are the only one who knows whats best for you
if you truly believe she is the one for you, then i dont think your parents have a say cos your both old enough.

i can remember a similar case in mt villa where two kids where refused marriage cos of religion & tribe, well the guy got the girl pregnant & when evrybody had found out, he insisted he wasnt interested in marrying the said girl (was a plan all hatched by both parties). to avoid shame, both parent had to consent
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by maydex: 12:26pm On May 15, 2009
hi mr, if u'ld permit me to say this. Truly, i can see u're desperately in LOve with ur girl, but i'ld suggest u give it a liittle more time and by so doing u are indirectly harkening to both parents. Aside that, you are 25yrs old and you aren't growing any younger, all i'ld jst advice is that u luk at u're achieves, financial status, mental and psychological maturity, before jumping into this highest institution "MARRIAGE", and as well get to knw more about your to be WIFEY, and her family so as to avoid any eternal scandal for urself.IF truly she's for you she'll definitely not pass you by. i'm not really supporting both parents on their decision cause somehow in ages past they met, loved each othere, and became married. well, think twice before you venture into it and as wel take it to GOD in prayers.
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by larry4t: 12:58pm On May 18, 2009
U JST HAVE TO LISTEN TO UR PARENT

DAT IS JST I CAN SA FOR NOW,
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by jumie(f): 4:07pm On May 19, 2009
@ kaecey,

[quote][/quote]
How did your parents die? You sound as if you were responsible for their deaths!!!!!

@ osilekan4u,

I suggest you should still relax a bit. You are still quite young and have a lot to learn in the ocean of life before making a final decision. Who knows, there are things that both ur parents have seen that you can not perceive for now.

Give it more time and pray, if you are for each other, the marriage will happen in God's time!!!

cheers
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by cescjay(m): 4:57pm On May 20, 2009
why can our parents alow us live our lifes?you are the 1 geting married not your parents.
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by flexystar(f): 6:44pm On May 20, 2009
na wowooo d way Real_ truth & Elrazur dey exchange words i know just understand @ Real_ truth, aby dis guy don offend you before, forgive am, your words are harsh as if somebody offended u before u enter nairaland , Please if i should select ur speeches together amsure they will make sense. so u guys should stop raking, let the houz be in peace and tranquelity okay.
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by ElRazur: 6:48pm On May 20, 2009
flexystar:

na wowooo d way Real_ truth & Elrazur dey exchange words i know just understand @ Real_ truth, aby dis guy don offend you before, forgive am, your words are harsh as if somebody offended u before u enter nairaland , Please if i should select ur speeches together amsure they will make sense. so u guys should stop raking, let the houz be in peace and tranquelity okay.

He's got a habit of posting meaningless thread and replies. I have a habit of pointing this out to him. . . that pretty much summarises why the "hate relationship" exist.

Check his postal history, or come to the politics section. smiley
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by athena28: 4:15am On May 21, 2009
For Igwe,

I can believe what you have said. Getting her pregnant is the way to go. That way the couple can still get married and their parents should shut the hell up and live their own lives.
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by debeo: 11:21pm On May 22, 2009
@ Poster, welcome to our world

We have exactly the same problem with you. Infact a frd read it and called askin if i posted it. I am also in the same dilemma, the only diff is that we've been datin for ova One year now.

@Nairalanders, thank u, i took the advice of convincing my mum, Guess wat it worked. i sat her down and we discussed for ova 2hrs, infact i was shocked when my gf called me that my mom called her yesterday, to wish her a happy bday!!

But the question is wats d next step, as my dad and her parents are not showin any sign of changin their minds?
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by bookholar: 5:10pm On May 28, 2009
Under no circumstance should one get married without either party's parents consent. , but saying 25 is too young, is really off it.
Just keep praying, it will stand the test of time if it was meant to be.
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by pirobaba(m): 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2009
Am Alone:

@Poster

. . . . . .Whatever your decisions are, am right beside you. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Seun abeg why na
I have over 145 unread email all from Nairaland!

Abeg help me de-activate that shit abeg! I don't need those notifications! angry angry angry angry

This is the third time am saying this. Because you have neglect my other post, expecially when I have them posted in the right thread. . . . Ejor hellepi me cool cool cool cool

when posting click on the already checker box that says 'notify me of replies'
i hope this helps you while you wait for seun. if he cant hear send him a message
or post tro his facebook account. cheers!
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by sirt1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
@ Poster,

All the excuses given by both parents doesnt hold water. These should not disturb your union. however, parent blessings during marriage is very important. I wont say you should dump the lady neither will i tell you to continue with the wedding without the consent of your parents. My advise is that you pray that God touches your parents so that they can support you
Re: We Love Ourselves Dearly But Our Parents Does Nt Support Us? by debeo: 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2009
Easier said than done, all advises is very sweet to the ear, but very hard to implement. Finally Na God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Women Grow Fat And Ugly After Marraige? / Is She Up To Something?....pls If Can't Do Without INSULT Don't Open Dis Thread. / Drawing The Line Between Rape And A One-Night Stand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.