Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians (6743 Views)

BBC Interviews Aseni And Oseni Ikhianosime, 2 Young Nigerian Developers / List Of Nigerian Software That Compete Globally / Top Earners in the Nigerian Software Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 5:58pm On May 16, 2009
I designed all my sites from SCRATCH! Every button, background, everything! Infact I designed it three years ago as a student. You want what I've got good looks, talent, youth and Love! I have noticed that you are use to being put down and degraded, for example last year many people on this forum told you to stop dreaming that you can become a programmer https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145427.0.html cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

So in 2009 you are still persisting with mediocrity! At nearly 50 years old you had the opportunity to step up and be a man - learn to give credit where credit is due.  I am my own worst critic which means I always improve day in day out. You have no design skills - you can't even make a button or add a little bit of Flash! I do not just modify the backgroud of a Drupal or DotnetNuke installation.  But hey, you probably don't even know what I am talking about. What coding do you do? change the background color of an Open source framework? Can you build an ecommerce site from scratch in ASP/JSP/PHP? That is design + Coding + hosting nope! You add a few lines of text and steal images on google and put together some crap; What a mess!

I have said enough here, you can keep dreaming;  Its obvious that all you want to do is make a cheeky comment then log off every 5 minutes - Agbaya! Now please let others focus on the topic or be silent, if you have a beef with me then lets take it off of NairaLand or start your own thread alright! Like a member of NL has told you in a thread entitled Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria?  « #48 on: September 17, 2007, 06:25 AM »

Mr Afam. U Boast With Such A Site? God Help Nigeria!!!! I Think Some of Us Need To Head Back Home Soon!!   grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink smiley wink
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by evergie(m): 9:48am On May 17, 2009
This is war
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 11:45am On May 17, 2009
For the records, I don't boast or brag about sites I do.

I am sure you were the person that started bragging and claiming that your skills and experience are great and when asked to show us your work you came out with the nonsense you are now claiming you did as a student 3 years ago. Are you still a student or have you not learned any reasonable thing for the past 3 years to put up a decent and functional site?

So, the onus is on you to prove what you have been bragging about, the issue has never been my boasting of any site I did because I am not the type to brag especially when there are issues to discuss.

So, back to the issue. Your claim that Indians learned everything in the West (US and UK) is 100% wrong, misleading and based on complete ignorance. This was my point of disagreement with you.

Every other thing you have brought up belongs to the trashcan as they are just diversions since you cannot back up your false claim.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 3:29pm On May 17, 2009
Afam:

Stick to that policy, it would be unwise to change.

Afam:

I am sure you were the person that started bragging and claiming that your skills and experience are great and when asked to show us your work you came out with the nonsense you are now claiming you did as a student 3 years ago. Are you still a student or have you not learned any reasonable thing for the past 3 years to put up a decent and functional site?

You are mistaking confidence for arrogance.

Afam:

So, the onus is on you to prove what you have been bragging about, the issue has never been my boasting of any site I did because I am not the type to brag especially when there are issues to discuss.

This is a classic display of irrational thinking; I have responded to everything! I called your bluff and put up a site I wrote and you still tell me to prove myself grin grin grin
Then you criticised the most minute details of my site, instead of displaying your maturity. I have absolutely nothing to prove to you
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 4:03pm On May 17, 2009
Afam:

So, back to the issue. Your claim that Indians learned everything in the West (US and UK) is 100% wrong, misleading and based on complete ignorance. This was my point of disagreement with you.

The first sign of old age is memory loss, I answered this question yesterday @Afam, remember it ended with:
I.T Knowledge + Experience + Government Support = Development!     

Put your glasses on and read this:

Top Ten Indian Software Firms

http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/jul/17sd1.htm

Tata Consultancy services
Ratan Tata completed a BS degree in architecture with structural engineering from Cornell University (U.S)

Ramadorai was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra and did his school education from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi. He holds a Bachelor's degree in Physics from Delhi University, India, a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Telecommunications from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India, and a Masters degree in Computer Science from the University of California, USA. In 1993, Ramadorai attended the Senior Executive Development Program at the MIT Sloan School of Management.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subramaniam_Ramadorai

more to come  grin grin grin grin cheesy wink smiley
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by dammytosh: 8:53am On May 18, 2009
I have always known that useless topics will end up with a useless argument.

"A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians " and so fucking what ?.

Please @Afam and @nolongTing
  please with all due respect, stop this show of SHAME  embarassed . It is adding no value to programmers on naira land

-My Opinion
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 10:58am On May 18, 2009
dammytosh:

You seem quite angry   cheesy wink smileycheesy well if thats the case, you should have kept it moving and not made any comment at all - you have contradicted yourself.

dammytosh:

Please @Afam and @nolongTing
  please with all due respect, stop this show of SHAME  embarassed .  It is adding no value to programmers on naira land

-My Opinion

First you use vulgar language, then you end with "with all due respect", you are a perpetual contradiction = senseless - that is the real SHAME.

@dammytosh On a previous thread you wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Asp.net   « #9 on: April 28, 2009, 03:47 PM »

@Ikomio
i never intend to compete too, i have also made up my mind not to engage anybody on this forum in any USELESS and UNPRODUCTIVE arguments that will rather CONFUSE people who actually needed help from the POSTS. I was just inquisitive to know the mindset and u've made it known.

-My Opinion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that shows that you are capable of showing a hint of manners.  Anyway don't be angry, the argument had nothing to do with you, and as you stated you do not want to cause any friction. So If you do not want to argue or be rude to anyone for no reason I don't expect you to contribute anything else to this thread.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 11:13am On May 18, 2009
Afam:

[size=13pt]Infosys[/size]
Infosys was founded on July 2, 1981 in Pune by N. R. Narayana Murthy and six others: Nandan Nilekani, N. S. Raghavan, Kris Gopalakrishnan, S. D. Shibulal, K. Dinesh and Ashok Arora.  All of them studied in India but Shibulal received a master’s degree in Physics from the University of Kerala and an MS in Computer Science from Boston University.

N. R. Narayana Murthy - started his career at II-A
In its formative years, IIM-A collaborated with Harvard Business School (HBS). Largely as a consequence of this collaboration, IIM-A pioneered the case method of research and teaching in India. read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IIM_Ahmedabad

S. D. Shibulal   
In 1981 he started sales operations in the North American region and managed customer relationships for the next ten years, predominantly in the manufacturing and retail sectors.  Between 1991 and 1996 he took a sabbatical with Sun Microsystems [/b]where he was responsible for designing and implementing SunPlaza, Sun’s first e-commerce application.
read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._D._Shibulal

Kris Gopalakrishnan
Kris obtained M.Sc. (Physics) in 1977 and M. Tech. (Computer Science) in 1979, both from IIT, Madras.

IIT Madras
In 1956, the [b]German Government offered technical assistance
for establishing an institute of higher education in engineering in India. The first Indo-German agreement was
    signed in Bonn. read more:   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Institute_of_Technology_Madras

[size=13pt]Wipro[/size] 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wipro

Wipro started as a vegetable oil company in 1947 from an old mill founded by Azim Premji's father. When his father died in 1966, Azim, [size=13pt]a graduate in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University,[/size]
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by Afam(m): 11:24am On May 18, 2009
nolongTing:

So If you do not want to argue or be rude to anyone for no reason I don't expect you to contribute anything else to this thread.

A desperate drowning man clutching at anything to remain relevant.

Guy, you have zero credibility.

A simple case of disagreeing with a statement you made out of sheer ignorance and lack of basic knowledge on the issue has turned the topic into something else.

You have bragged about skills and experience and when asked to justify the claim you came up with a ridiculous business website that you have effortlessly claimed to be a project you did 3 years ago when it was clear that the website was far from anything professional. Why defend or give reasons for a poor job if you believed everything was perfect?

@dammydosh,

I didn't even bother to post anything on this topic until this guy made a statement that needed clarification because the statement cannot be true. The objection to the false and misleading claim has resulted to his turning the topic into another thing.

Anyone that uses this part of the forum should be able to challenge statements based on lies and ignorance lest other people reading the posts conclude that members that participate on the forum agree with the lies or that members are as ignorant as the person making the ridiculous claims.

But again what do you expect from a typical Nigerian who finds it supremely difficult to back up any statement when challenged? Diversions, insults, more ridiculous claims etc.

So, I will not be responding to the clown again after sending this because it seems that the only thing keeping him going is the attention he has drawn to himself after displaying his gross stupidity and lack of basic web design knowledge. Little wonder they say that "pride goes before a fall". In this guy I have enough proof.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 11:32am On May 18, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Now you want to make freinds, when you have lost the argument!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Afam:

A desperate drowning man clutching at anything to remain relevant.

Guy, you have zero credibility.

A simple case of disagreeing with a statement you made out of sheer ignorance and lack of basic knowledge on the issue has turned the topic into something else.

You have bragged about skills and experience and when asked to justify the claim you came up with a ridiculous business website that you have effortlessly claimed to be a project you did 3 years ago when it was clear that the website was far from anything professional. Why defend or give reasons for a poor job if you believed everything was perfect?

@dammydosh,

I didn't even bother to post anything on this topic until this guy made a statement that needed clarification because the statement cannot be true. The objection to the false and misleading claim has resulted to his turning the topic into another thing.

Anyone that uses this part of the forum should be able to challenge statements based on lies and ignorance lest other people reading the posts conclude that members that participate on the forum agree with the lies or that members are as ignorant as the person making the ridiculous claims.

[size=13pt]But again what do you expect from a typical Nigerian who finds it supremely difficult to back up any statement when challenged? Diversions, insults, more ridiculous claims etc.
[/size]
So, I will not be responding to the clown again after sending this because it seems that the only thing keeping him going is the attention he has drawn to himself after displaying his gross stupidity and lack of basic web design knowledge. Little wonder they say that "pride goes before a fall". In this guy I have enough proof.

These are all baseless, personal attacks, you shamelessly insult all Nigerians when you are a bitter old man hurling insults - You are the problem @Afam!
@Afam let me remind you of what you said before this post:

Afam:

[size=13pt]So, back to the issue. Your claim that Indians learned everything in the West (US and UK) is 100% wrong, misleading and based on complete ignorance. This was my point of disagreement with you.[/size]

[size=14pt]Every other thing you have brought up belongs to the trashcan as they are just diversions since you cannot back up your false claim.[/size]

I have backed up all of my claims and you know it, so practice what you preach and stop diverting the topic all you have to do is admit you have lost the argument or prove me wrong with evidence.  If you can prove me wrong I will show you respect otherwise I will keep schooling you on manners and intellect  grin cheesy wink smiley grin grin
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 11:35am On May 18, 2009
[size=13pt]@Afam wrote[/size]

Afam:

[size=14pt]So, back to the issue. Your claim that Indians learned everything in the West (US and UK) is 100% wrong, misleading and based on complete ignorance. This was my point of disagreement with you.
[/size]
Every other thing you have brought up belongs to the trashcan as they are just diversions since you cannot back up your false claim.

I do not want to get personal, lets get back to the topic like you said  grin grin grin grin grin here are some more facts:

[size=13pt]Satyam Infoway  [/size]
Ramalinga Raju was born on September 16, 1954 in a family of farmers. He did his B. Com from Andhra Loyola College at Vijayawada and subsequently did his [size=12pt]MBA from Ohio University, USA. [/size] Ramalinga Raju had a stint at Harvard [/b]too. [b]He attended the Owner / President course at Harvard.
Read more: http://www.iloveindia.com/indian-heroes/ramalinga-raju.html

I have proved you wrong @Afam just admit it and get over it,  grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by dammytosh: 1:05pm On May 18, 2009
Afam:

@afam
Thanks in anticipation for the MATURITY you PROMISED to display and just let go.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 1:26pm On May 18, 2009
When they are wrong they get mad rather than get smart

They are irrational and rude for nothing :

dammytosh:

Then talk about the bible

@dammytosh wrote:   

==================================================================================================
Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming  « #12 on: April 26, 2009, 06:18 PM »

@Linxon,
i wld av simply ignored ur post but i bliv in Proverbs 26:5.

==================================================================================================

Then the losers on Nairaland start to bond against the winner : cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Afam:

@dammydosh,

I didn't even bother to post anything on this topic until this guy made a statement that needed clarification because the statement cannot be true. The objection to the false and misleading claim has resulted to his turning the topic into another thing ,

dammytosh:

@afam
    Thanks in anticipation for the MATURITY you PROMISED to display and just let go.

These two losers who cannot have a constructive debate exemplify failure.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by dammytosh: 1:57pm On May 18, 2009
nolongTing:

First you use vulgar language, then you end with "with all due respect", you are a perpetual contradiction = senseless - that is the real SHAME.

nolongTing:

When they are wrong they mad [/b]get rather than get smart

They are irrational and rude for nothing :

Then talk about the bible

@dammytosh wrote:   

Re: Is Java Programming Harder Than Microsoft.net Programming  « #12 on: April 26, 2009, 06:18 PM »

@Linxon,

Then the [b]losers [/b]on Nairaland start to bond against the [b]winner
: cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

These two losers who cannot have a constructive debate exemplify failure.                              

@nolongting
I have been following the posts since friday and i only read and smile. I can sense your readiness to attack anybody that posts anything different from your views and that is why i just called you guys to order without taking sides at all. But all i get is all kind of insult from your immediate post and i felt silence is the best answer for your kind (you know your kind.  angry ) but i think i am wrong.

I salute your joblessness [/b]which has given you enough time to dig into nairaland archive to bring out unnecessary and irrelevant posts to support your "[b]Declare me the winner of the argument" campaign

Please read the story of "The Six Blind Men Of Indostan" and i am sure you are nothing but one of the six blind men.

You might be sound and confident technically, but your last post has really shown me that the global economic crisis is taking its toll on your moral values and decency.

Femi, come back home for rehabilitation.

Don't be in a haste to reply because you will still post enough replies without responses again and please don't bother changing your identity for the[b] third time on nairaland[/b]. tongue

-My Opinion
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 2:48pm On May 18, 2009
Evil, Angry, jealous Dammy  is now carrying on the fight for @Afam  grin cheesy smiley wink cheesy grin grin

dammytosh:

Hah! Hah!Hah!Hah!Hah! What a liar! You are a holy DEVIL  cry cry cry cry cry cry

dammytosh:

@nolongting
I have been following the posts since friday and i only read and smile.

I glad that I am making my fan happy

dammytosh:

I salute your joblessness [/b]which has given you enough time to dig into nairaland archive to bring out unnecessary and irrelevant posts to support your "[b]Declare me the winner of the argument" campaign

Hah! Hah!Hah!Hah!Hah!  I know you are a poor boy stuck in Nigeria but these lies and assumptions are really desperate, why are you so angry?  grin cheesy wink smiley

dammytosh:

You might be sound and confident technically, but your last post has really shown me that the global economic crisis is taking its toll on your moral values and decency.

Femi, come back home for rehabilitation.

Hilarious! He mentions a verse from the Bible and uses Profanity and then has the nerve to talk about morals!  You have no shame, you are a blatant liar just like bitter old @Afam. 
Yes I am a confident member of the BCS, put really this is a poor attempt at being a comedian, this is the Programming section not Politics; Now you want to show you have read a newspaper  grin grin grin grin grin I will educate you real quick - in the U.K the economic crisis has had no effect on the I.T sector.  You know why? because this is the 4th largest economy in the world and most consumers have switched to online shopping; but hey a pauper like you can't see beyond your sad reality grin grin grin grin grin grin

Come back home? I was born and bred in England, I visit Nigeria ocassionally though, so poor Dammy I am in my home sweet home  grin cheesy wink smiley wink cheesy grin

dammytosh:

Don't be in a haste to reply because you will still post enough replies without responses again and please don't bother changing your identity for the[b] third time on nairaland[/b].  tongue

-My Opinion

You sound scared  cheesy grin wink smiley you are afraid of my words - the TRUTH.  Changing my identity? I am not like @Afam who logs in as different people  grin cheesy wink smiley but I must confess as I type these words that trying to reason with two illiterates from Nigeria is a hopeless task  grin cheesy wink smiley wink
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by enohj2ee(m): 7:06am On May 19, 2009
Why I got angry? Nigerian don't encourage  younger one at all, even Governments and banks, who will even try to steal our proposed idea and go to India to develop it.

All am saying is that we can do it very well here, if and only if we are encourage to do,
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by nolongTing: 9:00am On May 19, 2009
enohj2ee:

Why I got angry? Nigerian don't encourage  younger one at all, even Governments and banks, who will even try to steal our proposed  idea and go to India to develop it.

All am saying is that we can do it very well here, if and only if we are encourage to do,

Thank you! The original poster has spoken, @enohj2ee you are a role model to other young Nigerians keep up your good work.  You can see throughout this post that OLD Nigerians do nothing but Discourage their young ones - why? I proved that Indians developed their I.T sector through:

1. Government support: The Indian political system was a socialist one, they only let people from the upper classes participate in Business and technology and the rest had to work for them - like Nigeria today!

2. The people : People from the so called lower classes rose up and showed a willingness to be the BEST IN THE WORLD! These individuals made immense sacrifices,

3. Indians in the diaspora - collaborated with Indians at home (something I would like to do).

I have experienced people stealing my code too, I also posted the info about the Indian software industry here as well, but all the OLD people could do was insult me, all I want to say to you is that you can do it!
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by skillworks(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2009
I dont intend to blast you o, but I dont think your website befits the loud trumpet you are blowing. If you website [which is a web-based solution] is this bad, I can only imagine how your Standalone applications woud look like.

Anyway, I encourage you to study more so that you can improve, instead of blasting indians and nigerians

my honest review.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by enohj2ee(m): 6:17am On May 21, 2009
skillworks

I have some Portals u can look at here

www.royalcollegemasaka.com

A micro finance banking solution

http://123.201.55.166:8080/FinCore

Pls here use Mozila or Google chrome alone, user name=john, password = enoj2ee

And more

Thanks
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by bdprice: 10:02am On May 23, 2009
first want to welcome myself to the forum

@nolongTing
http://www.w3developer.co.uk/Default.aspx is not accessible. Do you know that ? Wanted to check things out myself.

@enohj2ee
you need to put in more effort on the the Royal College website. It's amateurish. For one most of the pages don't even have titles and the home button is always on (activate) even though a different page is in view. Secondly you want to find ways of writing codes that don't have browser limitation. In the biased world we live in, we don't to get use to the habit of optimizing our designs to use only certain browsers.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by jek1471: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2009
Nolong I understand why you have to blast those Indians but that may not be the best way round the wahala. The wahala is not that they are better than you but it is POLITICAL. Some people have replied and even gotten on your nerves because they don't know what you are saying, they don't have the experience.

If you may know, I have been developing software in Nigeria since 1997 and there are times that it is hard,really hard to get a job done not because you can't do it or your Demo is not accepted but because someone somewhere (a principal officer in the Company concerned) has somebody else (worse than you) he wants to give the job to so that he can share in the proceeds.

I share your grievances but let's just try to fight this fight "diplomatically".
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by manny4life(m): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2009
What is the website for this e-Soft software company that blasted banks and the rest, because this is rich and interesting. I wouldn't have imagined that Nigeria would some day have software engineers, let alone developing some. Well, I in my own opinion, blasting the banks is not the key issue, however, it seems to me that company itself lacks marketing strategy to compete. If they pride themselves in what they do, then the first is grass root marketing campaign before they can compete on the global level. I clearly understand he has the intellectual knowledge, but they lack the innovation and initiative on how to convince their local market. Besides, every company chooses to buy software from whoever they choose and that depends on its availability, structure, reliability, r&d and support. While most small business use local software here in the U.S, large corporations and banks outsource their software from international parties.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by manny4life(m): 2:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
bdprice:

first want to welcome myself to the forum

@nolongTing
http://www.w3developer.co.uk/Default.aspx is not accessible. Do you know that ? Wanted to check things out myself.

@enohj2ee
you need to put in more effort on the the Royal College website. It's amateurish. For one most of the pages don't even have titles and the home button is always on (activate) even though a different page is in view. Secondly you want to find ways of writing codes that don't have browser limitation. In the biased world we live in, we don't to get use to the habit of optimizing our designs to use only certain browsers.

The Website doesn't look professional and looks quite dull, nothing really draws me to it. A particular web page form was displaced and out of order and just quite a few details though, but you can just keep trying you will get there.

Consider this US software maker http://www.everestsoftwareinc.com/ and then compare your company website, the structure, and thier strategy to yours and then tell me the difference. Remember, this is a local software maker and they barely compete internationally. Compare yourselves to your competitors and then find out what your doing wrong.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by kino: 4:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
This is absolute rubbish, the guy runs a buy/sell business. His company did not develop any of the banking solutions as he claims and looking at his cv, from an IT professional view he seems to be Jack of all Trade. It looks like he has worked as part of the team, lets not forget software developement takes man years and many resources so lets wake up and smell the coffee.

Did Indians learn from the west ? Yes and No.

Yes - Learn't how to create products that are world standard

No - Created technical schools all over India that they when students graduated, they had enough knowledge to compete with the western educated folks. Technology transfer has been the success of India, by transfering simple things like data input, The indian software gurus have now developed automated systems that can take care of this.

Naija has a long way to go. Until we solve our power issue, we can not move forward, are you going to run your systems on diesel. grin
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by manny4life(m): 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2009
kino:

This is absolute rubbish, the guy runs a buy/sell business. His company did not develop any of the banking solutions as he claims and looking at his cv, from an IT professional view he seems to be Jack of all Trade. It looks like he has worked as part of the team, lets not forget software developement takes man years and many resources so lets wake up and smell the coffee.

Did Indians learn from the west ? Yes and No.

Yes - Learn't how to create products that are world standard

No - Created technical schools all over India that they when students graduated, they had enough knowledge to compete with the western educated folks.  Technology transfer has been the success of India, by transfering simple things like data input, The indian software gurus have now developed automated systems that can take care of this.

Naija has a long way to go. Until we solve our power issue, we can not move forward, are you going to run your systems on diesel.  grin

I agree with your view and complicated banking systems is no joke. When I worked at Sun Trust Banks,  Although I was not in the software designing nor programming team, however, we in the business field had to keep demanding from technical updates, testing of new features, re-programming of certain system and so many other so that we can stay business, succeed our competitors and most importantly "COMPLIANCE" to federal banking regulations. In response to him blasting banks, Nigerian banks are beginning to compete globally, I would imagine that they need beyond a home made banking platform. I just have to tell him to find some other market.  A good idea for him can be the Transportation system, Retail POS system, Automated supply chain logistics, work with several financing facilities so clients can be interested in his product, and most importantly offer not just the product, but services even if its for a fee. He should work with several partners within his field of IT such as hosting companies, Internet service companies and so on and so forth so that when he markets the products, he would give them more reason to believe that its just more than the software his selling. DEVELOP A GOOD MARKETING STRATEGY BY KNOWING WHAT YOUR CLIENTS WANT, NOT ASSUMING WHAT CLIENTS NEED.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by tpia5: 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
nolongTing:

I designed all my sites from SCRATCH! Every button, background, everything! Infact I designed it three years ago as a student. You want what I've got good looks, talent, youth and Love! I have noticed that you are use to being put down and degraded, for example last year many people on this forum told you to stop dreaming that you can become a programmer https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-145427.0.html     cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

So in 2009 you are still persisting with mediocrity! At nearly 50 years old you had the opportunity to step up and be a man - learn to give credit where credit is due.  I am my own worst critic which means I always improve day in day out. You have no design skills - you can't even make a button or add a little bit of Flash! I do not just modify the backgroud of a Drupal or DotnetNuke installation.  But hey, you probably don't even know what I am talking about. What coding do you do? change the background color of an Open source framework? Can you build an ecommerce site from scratch in ASP/JSP/PHP? That is design + Coding + hosting nope! You add a few lines of text and steal images on google and put together some crap; What a mess!

I have said enough here, you can keep dreaming;  Its obvious that all you want to do is make a cheeky comment then log off every 5 minutes - Agbaya! Now please let others focus on the topic or be silent, if you have a beef with me then lets take it off of NairaLand or start your own thread alright! Like a member of NL has told you in a thread entitled Re: Good Web Design Services in Nigeria?  « #48 on: September 17, 2007, 06:25 AM »

Mr Afam. U Boast With Such A Site? God Help Nigeria!!!! I Think Some of Us Need To Head Back Home Soon!!   grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink smiley wink

easy on the superlatives, and use exclamation points less. undecided

you seem psycho and hyperactive. undecided

plus you fight too much like a woman. undecided

manly men are definitely an extinct species.

what we have now are feminine nigerian men.
Re: A Young Nigerian Software Developer Blast Indians by profCC: 7:53am On Aug 25, 2011
PLS let start our own software development group.Lets prove ourselves that we can also do what the INDIANS are doing.We have professional programmers who
can design software at world class level when all these people come together,they can develop something meaningful.
i have a blog dedicated for programing
http://5gprogramers..com
Am waiting for people to join the blog so that together we can work on PROJECTS that can be of standard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aptech Or Niit? / Why Is OOP PHP So Confusing? / Learn,Teach and Earn online on macaranta.com.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.