Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,019 members, 7,863,683 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:27 PM

Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? (964 Views)

Sex Doll Programmed To Refuse Sex If She’s Bored Or Disrespected / Guys Does The Possi Have A Definite Position? +18 with pics (my Encounter) / 90% Of Guys Does This True Or False ( Pics Inc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by MemphisDepay(m): 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Maybe I didn't construct the title properly.
But what I simply mean is that - in a scenario whereby you as a dude is way way much older that your girlfriend or toastee. For example you are 26, nd she is like 18 yrs. If she dis respects you - calling you by your name- , are you gona say "Love is all that matters" or you aint gona find it funny.

Sharp niggas, I wanna know your opinion as regards this.

DJ spinal, please play me "is it because I love you" by Kesh X Pato.
Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by Thread: 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2015
What's she supposed to call you? bro. memphis?

3 Likes

Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by IamLEGEND1: 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2015
but when you begin dey sweat while WHINING AND GRINDING on top her........you no go remember her age

2 Likes

Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by ezteem(m): 2:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
IamLEGEND1:
but when you begin dey sweat while WHINING AND GRINDING on top her........you no go remember her age

Lol... So you got humor ?

OP, were you expecting PA mamphis ?

1 Like

Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by MemphisDepay(m): 2:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
ezteem:

it aint about me, its just a general view
Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 06, 2015
Should i call him brother abi uncle?

The moment i accept your propposal,that formality will be removed,

ntin disrespectful there.sad

2 Likes

Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Should i call him brother abi uncle?
The moment i accept your propposal,that formality will be removed,
ntin disrespectful there.sad
Ah, that's good to know yio. Baba agbalagba like me, so you will just walk into my room and call me by name, no honorifics, no daddy, uncle, sir, egbon, olowo ori mi, broda, not even bross??
Chai, nne odi alright angry
Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2015
JimiCoker:

Ah, that's good to know yio. Baba agbalagba like me, so you will just walk into my room and call me by name, no honorifics, no daddy, uncle, sir, egbon, olowo ori mi, broda, not even bross??
Chai, nne odi alright angry
baby is more like it naacheesy
Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jollyjoy:
baby is more like it naacheesy
Aww, baby mo. That went straight to my heart. Now I understand the phrase sugar banana grin
Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
JimiCoker:

Aww, baby mo. That went straight to my heart. Now I understand the phrase sugar banana grin
my yori yori cheesy cheesycheesy
Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by IamLEGEND1: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2015
ezteem:

Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
Jollyjoy:
my yori yori cheesy cheesycheesy
Oh gosh, pls stop, you're making me blush embarassed
*shy face*
Oya kontinu grin
Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by cruzyteejay(m): 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
Na so my bae dey call me 'GUY'
Re: Guys: Does It Really Mean Anythn Being Disrespected By A Young Lover Of Yours? by LordAdam: 4:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
Respect has a lot of definitions. It means different things for different people. The Yoruba say it means lying flat in front of your elder when greeting: among the Sobo (Urhobo-Isoko) people, it means getting on your knees when greeting.

I have had no issues with younger sibs, relationships, or people in general calling me by first name. Though, others would take that as a sign of disrespect at best or deserving of spanking at worst.

In romantic relationships, much of these traditional definitions get blurred more. The major contributor is the notion that these relationships are unlike the traditional relationships: that they are partnerships as well. With gender equality and women emancipation gaining on, the idea is that both parties in an emotional relationship are equal partners.

This redefines romantic relationships, because irrespective of age difference, the fast-rising consensus is that both are mates and equal in status.

For the progressives, it's a better proposition. For the conservatives, it is an hurdle. For many young adults, our mothers in the typical Nigerian society treated our fathers (their husbands) almost as much as they treated our maternal grandfathers (their fathers), if not more. Greetings and salutations were more along the "daddy" lines and explosive arguments was treated with scorn.

So for males brought up in such setting, it is understandable to see the difficulty in the equal partners arrangement.

With that said, it is entirely up to both consenting adults to dictate how they refer to each other in a relationship, without pressure or criticism. You can't be more holier than the Pope or more western than the British.

Dear, Honey, Sweet are all fancy, cool, and modern; but they do not rock the boat of everyone. If he wants to be called "Oga", then be sure you're not putting up a fight solely because none of your friends call their boos that. Understanding and compromise is necessary. Stop trying to keep up with the Joneses.

You can't ask your boo to watch plates with you, simply because your counterparts on the other side of the Atlantic use that as a love indicator.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed! / Could She Be Occultic Or Is It Normal Come And See Guys / Ladies, This The Cutest Guy In Abuja...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.