Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? (20807 Views)

Poll: Should They?

Yes: 76% (60 votes)
No: 23% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / Who Wants To Be A Housewife? / Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2009
Owu gal:

NA2DAY,

the point is, if you dont want to be a fugitive for the rest of your life, give your wife allowance. but i bet you arent married. its not possible for a married man to even be thinking like you are.

what?! shocked shocked shocked shocked what makes u think i ain't married, infact, i am happily married to 3 gorgeous women and i dont give any of them allowance tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Tgirl4real(f): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2009
Sissy & Na2day, u guyz have been reported. Stop derailing d thread pls. Thanx
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2009
pele oo, na dat boi lead me into tempatation embarassed embarassed embarassed

no vex plzzzz
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by carnal: 9:54am On Jun 10, 2009
my wife gets house allowance every month.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Sissy & Na2day, u guyz have been reported. Stop derailing d thread pls. Thanx

i dont see u contributing to the thread, maybe u should practice what u preach and mine ur damn biz
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 11:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
na2day?:

i dont see u contributing to the thread, maybe u should practice what u preach and mine ur damn biz

she is the family section mod. so she is just doing her job wink wink
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 12:55am On Jun 11, 2009
~Sissy~:

she is the family section mod. so she is just doing her job wink wink

maybe she should ask the reporters what have they contributed to keep the thread alive. i am only on nl to catch fun after work, if ppl wan carry 4 head make dem bi my guest i no send.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 2:09am On Jun 11, 2009
na2day?:

maybe she should ask the reporters what have they contributed to keep the thread alive. i am only on nl to catch fun after work, if ppl wan carry 4 head make dem bi my guest i no send.

oya no vex jare kiss kiss

we have stopped derailing the topic jor. so case close wink wink
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 2:31am On Jun 11, 2009
~Sissy~:

oya no vex jare kiss kiss

we have stopped derailing the topic jor. so case close wink wink

hit me up on YIM
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2009
ogini bu yim shocked shocked
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:48pm On Jun 11, 2009
~Sissy~:

ogini bu yim shocked shocked

yahoo msger angry angry angry
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Epi: 12:11am On Jun 12, 2009
@ poster

Gosh! no
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 2:31am On Jun 12, 2009
epi:

@ poster

Gosh! no

why? if you dnt mind me asking.

na2day?:

yahoo msger  angry angry angry

am old fashioned jare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i only use the good ol' post office to communicate jor
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 3:13am On Jun 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

why? if you dnt mind me asking.

for all the reason she said "gosh no!"

~Sissy~:

am old fashioned jare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i only use the good ol' post office to communicate jor

--sighs--
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 3:29am On Jun 12, 2009
na2day?:

for all the reason she said "gosh no!"

thats not a reason jare.

--sighs--

sighs w/u embarassed embarassed
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 3:37am On Jun 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

thats not a reason jare.

sighs w/u embarassed embarassed

wat she is saying is that a woman shouldnt be given money she didnt work for, her hubby isnt welfare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 3:39am On Jun 12, 2009
na2day?:

wat she is saying is that a woman shouldnt be given money she didnt work for, her hubby isnt welfare lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

yeah right. if only the hubby can do a complete housework for a day and not sweat or brag about it.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:17pm On Jun 12, 2009
~Sissy~:

yeah right. if only the hubby can do a complete housework for a day and not sweat or brag about it.

we are forbidden in our dna to do any kind of house work tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 3:49am On Jun 13, 2009
na2day?:

we are forbidden in our dna to do any kind of house work tongue tongue tongue

thats more reason why you men should give allowance to those who do it
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by dpat60: 4:03am On Jun 13, 2009
some housewives don't have to. what or if ur man is an okada ride u're a bank manager, do u till have to ask for allowance, no! the husband is to ask :-x
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 4:58am On Jun 13, 2009
~Sissy~:

thats more reason why you men should give allowance to those who do it

i work too hard to share my earnings, she is already being paid for staying at home; her payment, she got no boss. she sleeps and wakes to watch oprah, how hard can that be? undecided undecided undecided

dpat60:

some housewives don't have to. what or if ur man is an okada ride u're a bank manager, do u till have to ask for allowance, no! the husband is to ask :-x

bros, kool down nah, how u go dey talk say the husband suppose dey ask for allowance? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 5:06am On Jun 13, 2009
na2day?:

i work too hard to share my earnings, she is already being paid for staying at home; her payment, she got no boss. she sleeps and wakes to watch oprah, how hard can that be? undecided undecided undecided

maybe it will be if both of you work and come back everyday by 5pm and then both of you do the housework together?

is that workable?
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 5:34am On Jun 13, 2009
~Sissy~:

maybe it will be if both of you work and come back everyday by 5pm and then both of you do the housework together?

is that workable?

well, how abt we both work then come back home and i watch her do the house work? that works 4 me grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 5:39am On Jun 13, 2009
na2day?:

well, how abt we both work then come back home and i watch her do the house work? that works 4 me grin grin grin grin

ole. cleaning n mopping the house every morning, cooking food, washing clothes etc is a enough work that deserves a good pay. afterall some of you guys who go to work only sits in a chair and not much active work involved, but housework is an active hands on work.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 5:56am On Jun 13, 2009
~Sissy~:

ole. cleaning n mopping the house every morning, cooking food, washing clothes etc is a enough work that deserves a good pay. afterall some of you guys who go to work only sits in a chair and not much active work involved, but housework is an active hands on work.

what are u complaining about, do u know how hard it is to make a guy sit still for 8 hrs? shocked shocked shocked how dare u compare mopping, disk washing etc to wat we do? btw most of the stuff u women claim to do in the house is done by machines. laundry is done by 2 machines, vacuuming is done by a machine, dish washing is done by a machine, cooking and warming food done by various machines, even training the kids now sef is done by numerous machines and yes i am going to say it, u think we dont know, while we are working extremely hard at work, the sex is done by various machines and yet u want us to give u our money? nope! angry angry angry
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by selade(m): 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2009
I think it's a great idea to give one's wife an allowance. For people that think the same way too, how much do you think is reasonable as allowance. And I mean pocket money for the wife (not including money for food and maintaining the home)
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Iranoladun(f): 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Selade It depend on your income size and your location. Monthly personal stipend or money is necessary if the wife is not working which she could spend on 'women stuff'.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Virgo83(m): 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2009
How do you mean? Don't you have provision for that? Even if she's working you aught to give her allowances, it is not just ordinary normal it is important.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Tsan(m): 7:35pm On Jul 12, 2009
FRIST OF ALL WHY ON EARTH SHOULD SHE DECIDE BEEN A HOUSEWIFE. AND SHE EXPECTS HER HUSBAND TO BE GIVING HER MONTHLY ALLOWANCE . IT IS WRONG ONLY THE MAN WILL PAY FOR WEDDING DRESS , PAY 4 WEDDING, PAY THE HOUSE BILL, CHILDRENS FEES, LIGHT AND WATER BILL, BUY CAR . AND SHE IN QUSTION CROSSES HER LEG AT HOME ASKING FOR ALLOWANCE ABEG NOW, WITH ALL THESE, WOMAN U CAN NEVA BE RESPECTED WITHIN TIME .

A WOMAN SHOULD BE able to contribute to d home . even if the man ask u should be a house wife pls refuse . if u want respect earn it . wht if he is not there tomorrow wht will u do . ladies u have to be independent ,respectful, calm, hardworking .

it would be a very stupid or foolish man tht wouldnt love respect and tresure u, thts if uyou crown it with good manners.

FRO THE RECORD IM ALSO A LADY. DONT THINK IM A MAN SURPORTING MEN
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by sohlahtie: 11:58am On Oct 19, 2011
the husband need not wait for her to ask since she is a housewife she would obviously need an allowance. besides she can be doing some little things to keep body and soul together. like sewing some of those really big and flamboyant over fashionable clothes, thats a topic for another day (the fashion senseless trends of these days, it seems everyone is on a carnival trying to outdress the other and in any way possible, traditional and even out of that, you have to keep up) or wearing them and having a simple store. A housewife would need to ask for some allowance, but often times the husband need not wait.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Between Owning A Car Or House Which Would You Advise Someone In His 20's? / Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies / Any Man That Can't Provide The Basic Need For His Family Is Highly Irresponsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.