Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? (20791 Views)

Poll: Should They?

Yes: 76% (60 votes)
No: 23% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / Who Wants To Be A Housewife? / Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 12:39am On May 20, 2009
Theblessed:

Why not?

And why not try and be a House wife for 1 day yourself then, you'd know where these house wives are coming from.  And after the chores please, don't ask for house keeping money, ok!
Good luck!!!!

i have tried it, no big deal and i didnt even ask for allowance grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by skenki: 10:43am On May 20, 2009
this is very interesting,

why should any woman choose to be a housewife in the first place, i want to believe this is not a role that any wise woman will take up willingly except situations / circumstances puts one into it.

i make bold to say that most housewives are the lazy types who always have dreams but never move to actualize it. Even in looking after kids do any woman need to sit at home all day there home jobs/businesses that one can engage in at the same time.

truth be told men respect women who earn any sort of income and are financially independent, so women aim to earn some money and try to stop bothering the man.

if you are housewife ( not by choice) you will do well to make a monthly list for husband and he will gracefully meet your needs and even add something for beautiful self.

but most importantly make your home a happy one and do continue to respect your husband and he will surely meet your needs.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:55pm On May 20, 2009
Most women don't 'choose' to be housewives. They are made so because of circumstance.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by oludashmi(f): 12:29pm On May 21, 2009
@poster
Nothing bad with allowances as long as the couple have agreed that the woman should sit at home for the sake of the family. House wifing is a full time job/employment on its own.

Although I will never be one lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by GeorgeD1(m): 1:02pm On May 21, 2009
Yes, housewiving is a truly engaging job.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by ifyeve1(f): 1:17pm On May 21, 2009
ALLOWANCE BASED ON WHAT! ARE WORKING FOR THE MAN? ANYWAY, IT IS NOT RIGHT U SHOULD KNW THAT THE FAMILY BELONGS TO BOTH OF U. UNLESS OTHERWISE, BUT KNOW IT THAAT U ARE LIKE A LIABILITY IF U ARE NOT WORKING AND THAT MAN CANNOT DO IT ALONE. AGAIN DEPENDS ON WHAT THE MAN IS DOING TO SEE TO THE FAMILY UP KEEP. AND IF A MAN GIVES U ANYTHING FOR U MAINTENCE PLS APPRECIATE AND DON,T CALL IT ALLOWANCE BECAUSE U MAY NOT ALWAYS HAVE IT. WOMEN IN THE HOUSE TAKE NOTE.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:21am On May 22, 2009
Allowance based on their nature of job. Yes, you can call it any name, but the fact remains they
need something for their upkeep too.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 12:05am On May 24, 2009
being a housewife is a full time job so they need to get an allowance
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Theblessed(f): 12:12am On May 24, 2009
na2day?:

i have tried it, no big deal and i didnt even ask for allowance  grin grin grin grin

Well, since you've been unemployed for a very

long time and now, there's a vacancy in your wife's

kitchen to fill - why not keep the dream job for life, eh??

Or is it just a one off thing for you then

Good luck with your new role!!!

Personally, I wouldn't be one even if my man is

BILL GATES - the richest man in the world. 

TOO BORING A ROLE FOR MOST OF US.

Imagine, where a person aimlessly sit at home tending to babies and

husband's needs.  Sorryooooooo not meeeoooo!

I don't envy their roles, at all.

1 Like

Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by XKZ(m): 2:18am On May 24, 2009
she shouldn't have to ask.
think of what it would cost you if you had to hire someone (maids, baby sitters, nannies, cooks etc) to do all the work she does.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 4:55am On May 24, 2009
Theblessed:

Well, since you've been unemployed for a very

long time and now, there's a vacancy in your wife's

kitchen to fill - why not keep the dream job for life, eh??

Or is it just a one off thing for you then

Good luck with your new role!!!

Personally, I wouldn't be one even if my man is

BILL GATES - the richest man in the world. 

TOO BORING A ROLE FOR MOST OF US.

Imagine, where a person aimlessly sit at home tending to babies and

husband's needs.  Sorryooooooo not meeeoooo!

I don't envy their roles, at all.

keep lying to urself, by the time u hit 30, u will accept it heartily grin grin grin

~Sissy~:

being a housewife is a full time job so they need to get an allowance

being a husband is more than a full time job, let those wives better be satisfied with watching tv lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 4:58am On May 24, 2009
na2day?:

being a husband is more than a full time job, let those wives better be satisfied with watching tv lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

lol see ur head grin grin grin grin

i bet u most men including u wuldnt even tread their job with being a housewife for 6hrs not to talk of 24hrs and everyday of ur life tongue

[size=3pt]btw we won toady, still kicking some azz[/size] cool cool
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 5:54am On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

lol see ur head grin grin grin grin

i bet u most men including u wuldnt even tread their job with being a housewife for 6hrs not to talk of 24hrs and everyday of ur life tongue

[size=3pt]btw we won toady, still kicking some azz[/size] cool cool

been there done that. and by the way u lost, ur silly denver lost, quit claiming lakers fan
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 6:46am On May 24, 2009
na2day?:

been there done that. and by the way u lost, ur silly denver lost, quit claiming lakers fan

lai lai been there done that only in ur dreamzs tongue

am laker gal 4 life, denvers suck just like ur mavs

i dnt do loosers. go lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool cool
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by nikewills1(f): 4:35pm On May 24, 2009
well i think, a reasonable man who think the wise thing to do is to keep is wife at home as a housewife should be able to pay her a monthly allowance inform of the salary of the salary she would have been entitled to if u had allowed her to work.
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 7:56pm On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

lai lai been there done that only in ur dreamzs tongue

am laker gal 4 life, denvers suck just like ur mavs

i dnt do loosers. go lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool cool

i can see through ur lies girl, u cant fool moi, i have handled ur type times without number tongue tongue

nike_wills:

well i think, a reasonable man who think the wise thing to do is to keep is wife at home as a housewife should be able to pay her a monthly allowance inform of the salary of the salary she would have been entitled to if u had allowed her to work.

why should we pay? we have already done her a favor of marrying her in the 1st place tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 8:15pm On May 24, 2009
na2day?:

i can see through ur lies girl, u cant fool moi, i have handled ur type times without number  tongue tongue

hmmm . .  i smell jealousy. ur mavs are already fishing while lakers are still kicking azz tongue no wonder u r burning sad sad

pele oo, but am a laker for life and i hope u watch us 2morrow  beat the shit out of dens tongue tongue cool cool cool

Go LAKERS!! AND LET THE HATERS CONTINUE BURNING cool cool cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 9:38pm On May 24, 2009
~Sissy~:

hmmm . .  i smell jealousy. ur mavs are already fishing while lakers are still kicking azz tongue no wonder u r burning sad sad

pele oo, but am a laker for life and i hope u watch us 2morrow  beat the shit out of dens tongue tongue cool cool cool

Go LAKERS!! AND LET THE HATERS CONTINUE BURNING cool cool cool cool cool tongue tongue tongue tongue

story story ooo, o! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 4:06am On May 25, 2009
na2day?:

story story ooo, o! tongue tongue tongue

just watch and see cool cool cool

na pepper 2morrow tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 4:13am On May 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

just watch and see cool cool cool

na pepper 2morrow tongue tongue

i am rooting 4 the lakers but i know u are a denver fan in laker clothing tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 4:18am On May 25, 2009
na2day?:

i am rooting 4 the lakers but i know u are a denver fan in laker clothing tongue tongue

nope, dnt like dens just wanted them to beat the mavs so that we can get dens in the finals. lakers rock!!!!! cool cool cool cool

hope after the playoffs u change 4rom loosers mavs to 10 thousands lakes tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 4:31am On May 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

nope, dnt like dens just wanted them to beat the mavs so that we can get dens in the finals. lakers rock!!!!! cool cool cool cool

hope after the playoffs u change 4rom loosers mavs to 10 thousands lakes tongue tongue

i cant fall for ur deceptions, i know who u are, i can smell denver all over u lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 4:49am On May 25, 2009
na2day?:

i cant fall for ur deceptions, i know who u are, i can smell denver all over u lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

deceptions ke? rofl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nah, am all 4 lakers, remember last season playoffs we busted dens azz 4-0?

they r just hanging in there 4 now but they really suck just like ur mavs grin grin grin
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 5:51am On May 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

deceptions ke? rofl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nah, am all 4 lakers, remember last season playoffs we busted dens azz 4-0?

they r just hanging in there 4 now but they really suck just like ur mavs grin grin grin

stori storiooo, o! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 6:43am On May 25, 2009
na2day?:

stori storiooo, o!  tongue tongue tongue

stori ke? no worri naa, just wait by 2morrow now it will become a reality tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2009
We may not necessarily call it an 'allowance' but they need something to keep
them going. Being on your toes 24hrs is no mean feat!
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Iranoladun(f): 12:22pm On May 25, 2009
@Sissy and na2day Why don't you two focus on the topic rather than 'Lakers' and 'Haters' game
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 8:41pm On May 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

stori ke? no worri naa, just wait by 2morrow now it will become a reality tongue tongue

still waiting

Iranoladun:

@Sissy and na2day Why don't you two focus on the topic rather than 'Lakers' and 'Haters' game

no mind that ovularia grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 10:10pm On May 25, 2009
na2day?:

still waiting

no mind that ovularia grin grin grin grin

continue waiting it is just hours away before we blow their butts off tongue tongue

who is ovularia ? angry angry
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:13pm On May 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

continue waiting it is just hours away before we blow their butts off tongue tongue

who is ovularia ? angry angry

u! the one and only ovularia tongue tongue tongue
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by Sissy3(f): 10:15pm On May 25, 2009
na2day?:

u! the one and only ovularia  tongue tongue tongue

u r mistaken sad sad angry angry

and be sure to watch us today cool cool
Re: Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:27pm On May 25, 2009
~Sissy~:

u r mistaken sad sad angry angry

and be sure to watch us today cool cool

i am not known for mistakes, so i am pretty confident that u indeed are "THE OVULARIA" tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To End A Marriage In Nigeria / Can You Share A Toothbrush With Your Lover? Let's Have Your Views. / How To Find Your Future Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.