Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? (3232 Views)

RESTRUCTURING: CONFAB 2014 Report Endorses 18 New States (LIST) / Reps Adopts 2014 Confab report / Buhari: Confab Report Is For The Archives - Confab Delegates Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by DrownedFish: 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2015
Demdem:
[b]Everything starting from the foundation of the conference is wrong about the conference report.
The conference report was basically similar to what Obj's report presented so why should we expect another different result from what Obj's report faced.
Starting with the so called delegates selection (many of which were political patronage), to duration, to the entire operations down to what and what must and must not be discussed made it a fraudulent conference/report.
Any conference that doesn't discuss if we want to be together and basis of being together if so is a fraudulent conference. Jonah-daft the curse deliberately removed this vital point from being discussed which rendered the entire conference a very useless one. Instead, these fools were discussing about more states.
We demanded for a Sovereign National conference (SNC) where these vital fundamental questions threatening our existence will be answered for the first time by ourselves in our history but Jonah-daft and his cohorts gave us a National Conference (NC) whose report is bound to be subjected to NASS politics and caprises. If these questions were diligently answered and attended to, nonentities and never-do-well eediots who are proponents of this Biafra nonsense wont even have any basis for their agitation. Even the otueke drunkard never knew what will become of the report himself. When asked, he said maybe referendum. Peeps like me saw this and forewarned that it's another jamboree. Fools disagreed then and now they are shouting Blue murder. Exposing their useless bigotry, shouting hausa this, hausa that as if hausa is the reason why they are so senseless.
By the way, Ffuck hausa.
Besides, during campaign, General Buhari and his party publicly categorically stated that they don't believe in the NC report and expect to junk It if elected yet vast majority of Nigerians still went ahead to vote them in. This simply mean that vast majority of Nigerians don't want the implementation. It's as basic as that.
The conference report is just another hopeless report that has already been shredded just like her earlier conference reports. Only fools will try and resurrect it.
Pending when a true SNC is convened, u goons can continue to gnash ur teeth on a dead issue.
Conference report my left arse.[/b]
your stupidity here amazes me.
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by citizenY(m): 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)Aside APC mischievous hullabaloo which saw them elevate political gain above national gain, criticizing composition of confab was myopic and self-centered. It had every facet and group in Nigeria duly represented.

2)Legislatures are elected to work for the people under specific terms. Let them continue and get it right in that level...before seeking more assignments. Have they succeeded with mere constitutional amendment which has spanned for years without success...

3)Allowing for legislatures to represent in national conference is same as saying let the status quo remain...Because the military led by northern oligarchs has skewed the system that whatever decision to be taken must favour them because they have garnered the numbers through skewed state cum LGA creation...Eg: Ever wondered by PIB has not being passed for 8years now in NASS

4)If not for selfish ambition of Tinubu & co...Jonathan confab was best opportunity to restructure Nigeria...but they preferred personal political gain to national or regional gain...

5)Which part of North was not represented in confab?...So why reject collective decision reached there?...

Most of you allow tinubu & co to do the thinking for you and swallow whatever lie they give wholly...

Perhaps you do not realize that the legislature is the sole lawmaker, going by our current constitution. The constitution is the foundation. Whatever is agreed at any confab must be made into a law. In effect, you cannot bypass the legislature.

The prudent thing, to my mind is for constituents to mandate their reps to do the needful. The dilemma here is that We shall still go back to lawmakers, who,you want to avoid for obvious reasons. In additon, the the e'er political infrastructure you detest is,what the law recognised. I do not want to go into the subject of how they came about. All I can say is that the electoral infrastructure is based on specified voting units, for example the polling units.

Honestly, this confab should not be a partisan issue every community has its expectations. It is fruitless playing the blame game when the confab report has not even been submitted to the legislature. In effect , people had a conclave and went back to sleep.

I am amused at your suggestion that Tinubu is thinking for me when We are having an interface with you on the same subject and my views do not necessarily agree with his. Unfortunately, robust debate is not convenient in cyberspace due to time and space constraints.
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2015
citizenY:

Perhaps you do not realize that the legislature is the sole lawmaker, going by our current constitution. The constitution is the foundation. Whatever is agreed at any confab must be made into a law. In effect, you cannot bypass the legislature.

The prudent thing, to my mind is for constituents to mandate their reps to do the needful. The dilemma here is that We shall still go back to lawmakers, who,you want to avoid for obvious reasons. In additon, the the e'er political infrastructure you detest is,what the law recognised. I do not want to go into the subject of how they came about. All I can say is that the electoral infrastructure is based on specified voting units, for example the polling units.

Honestly, this confab should not be a partisan issue every community has its expectations. It is fruitless playing the blame game when the confab report has not even been submitted to the legislature. In effect , people had a conclave and went back to sleep.

I am amused at your suggestion that Tinubu is thinking for me when We are having an interface with you on the same subject and my views do not necessarily agree with his. Unfortunately, robust debate is not convenient in cyberspace due to time and space constraints.

1)We have NO constitution as a people for now...As the premise of that document which empowers legislature is a lie and fraud...hence it follows that other constituent parts is wrong too...Legislators gets their mandate from the PEOPLE...and Confab is to decided by the PEOPLE...

2)Resolutions in confab are grouped into three; some go to legislative, others are executive Fiat ...

3)Our constitution can be quashed in court if lawyers can challenge its veracity and mode of formation...

4)We can go for sovereign national conference and bycot legislature...Executive can send a bill for inclusion of referendum in our constitution... or right for self determination... prior to conference which will exonerate legislature from this....

5)Buhari should implement those that doesn't need legislative attention...

6)The lie that it was wrongly constituted was figment of Tinubu's imagination to justify his selfish stance...
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by citizenY(m): 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

1)We have NO constitution as a people for now...As the premise of that document which empowers legislature is a lie and fraud...hence it follows that other constituent parts is wrong too...Legislators gets their mandate from the PEOPLE...and Confab is to decided by the PEOPLE...

2)Resolutions in confab are grouped into three; some go to legislative, others are executive Fiat ...

3)Our constitution can be quashed in court if lawyers can challenge its veracity and mode of formation...

4)We can go for sovereign national conference and bycot legislature...Executive can send a bill for inclusion of referendum in our constitution... or right for self determination... prior to conference which will exonerate legislature from this....

5)Buhari should implement those that doesn't need legislative attention...

6)The lie that it was wrongly constituted was figment of Tinubu's imagination to justify his selfish stance...

Please be real. Which body of laws are We using now.... On Maryland forum We have laws and you are telling me We have no constitution

I did not realise I was engaging a troll. Can you please move on.. Am done
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:18pm On Nov 08, 2015
citizenY:

Please be real. Which body of laws are We using now.... On Maryland forum We have laws and you are telling me We have no constitution

I bu ezigbo aturu for calling me a troll...Pick out flaws in my opinion and what qualifies me as a troll...onuku
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by Gayigaskia(m): 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
citizenY:

Oh i enjoyed that interaction, this is how some Nigerians think.
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by citizenY(m): 10:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I bu ezigbo aturu for calling me a troll...Pick out flaws in my opinion and what qualifies me as a troll...onuku

Your insolence as exhibited above. You have no grasp of the issues involved.. just regurgitatubg what you picked up on the troll. You are,just a,cow chewing the curd. Now shove off.
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're emotionally and psychologically unstable and you lack common sense.
If your anger is that much ,try and assassinate the President and not hiding under keyboard to insult people that are better than your entire generation of iidiots that keep rolling out other iidiots of your kind.

How can a slave be better than freeborns...You are mentally and psychologically enslaved that's why you go around screaming 'our oyel' like a bewitched rretard.
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2015
Observant:

Oya na! you go fear block headed Africana
Ogbeni your stupdity no gree you see northern oil grabbing abi? Neither did it allow you defend One Nigeria.
Don't you just have plain shi.t for brain.

I don't even know why you mentioned the dummy in the first place. Can't you see you are dealing with a very ignorant and unintelligent human whose every judgement is been influenced by the oil the oil in Niger delta. That dude lacks the capacity to reason like a proper human being.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by Demdem(m): 6:46am On Nov 09, 2015
QuotaSystem:

I was just scrolling in awe of their hypocrisy/ignorance.

Nothing to add here, but that invective was unnecessary.

DP
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by Demdem(m): 6:47am On Nov 09, 2015
DrownedFish:
your stupidity here amazes me.

And ur eediocy is world Class.
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by QuotaSystem: 6:54am On Nov 09, 2015
Calm down, I doubt if you understood my comment.

Demdem:

And i perceive high level of stupidity. Nothing to add actually to an empty post.
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by Demdem(m): 6:55am On Nov 09, 2015
QuotaSystem:
Calm down, I doubt if you understood my comment.

Am sorry. Apologies!!!!!! Av corrected my error.......... grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by QuotaSystem: 6:56am On Nov 09, 2015
Demdem:

Am sorry. Apologies. Av corrected my error.......... grin grin

It's alright bro.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With The 2014 Confab Report? Why Did The North Reject It? by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 09, 2015
In all these post, I am yet to find a useful suggestion on how to resolve th impasse.

If Nigeria is not negotiated as a matter of urgency, then the current Match for Biafra will just be the introduction.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Politician Turns Musician: Releases First Album (photos) / CRITICAL THINKING: Why Are All Lagos Governors Voted As The Best Always? / Biafra Agitation Is A Face Saving Movement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.