Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (373749 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by alexis(m): 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
For the Jehovah witnesses, I have a question:

1. Was Jesus resurrected as a spirit or as a human with a body?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2015
debdave:
My issh with them is why its a MUST they marry themselves. I've seen where a long sweet relationship had to come to an end just cause the guy is not a JW.
Eya

He dumped you abi? sad

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by alexis(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
Wumipaul:
Good people can we just stop all this arguement. Jehovah's witnes are all around you. They will be glad to reason with you from the scripture. Thanks

And we welcome the reason and the exercise of objectivity from the Bible.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by alexis(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2015
bulldoza:

Only a big stupíd senseless Morônic foól believe that Jesus christ is God

Gosh!
Are you crazy or just stupíd?

Jesus = God?

Son you're a foól

When you say Christ is not God, what do you mean?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Esdb3: 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2015
bulldoza:

Only a big stupíd senseless Morônic foól believe that Jesus christ is God

Gosh!
Are you crazy or just stupíd?

Jesus = God?

Son you're a foól

So Jesus is a foooool?

John 14-5-10. May the lord bridle your tongue for calling Jesus a foooool? Read that scripture before pouring your vile heart into my mentions.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by arcnomec(m): 8:22pm On Nov 08, 2015
naughtynaughty:
in oda words, unbelivers r goin to where? Heaven? Of dey r just goin to hell to b gisting since ders no hell fire? 7days adventist(dunno d name abeg) nd jehova witness r in d same group. R u guys part of CAN?

In all modesty,I'm taken aback with how you approach this issue,I bet to say that you can't and have never done evangelism the way this people does..one mustn't be a member of CAN or PFN to preach the gospel,this people are so passionate and articulate with their mode of evangelism but our so called CAN/PFN don't approach it that way..Have you gone out to preach about this so called hell that we believed in to a brother ? Do you do it regularly like the witness? I guess what your answer would be...

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Esdb3: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
Kingsley1000:
thank God this atheist is contemplating to repent

Why won't you be happy with them. Darkness and darkness are yoked. What relationship can you have with the sane christians. What relationship hath light with darkness?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
alexis:

I responded to this several times, here it is again:

https://www.nairaland.com/2720878/jehovahs-witnesses-17-facts-people/6#39812913

I did not ask for link , simple qwesion : Jesus have a God he is subjected to ? Yes Or No
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Anamachi3(m): 8:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
bettermike:
Guys, if you like yourself, run! From jevovah witnesses. Run and don't look back!!

This was the advice one their members gave me. Ofcourse, I didn't listen at first and I regretted it big time.

They are the true definition of secret cult. I mean devil's cult.

You have been warned.

What is a Secret cult? Can u pls tell us all in Naira land what a secret cult is? Jehovah's witnesses are not a secret cult because all our beliefs based in the Bible are clearly exposed and can be found at our Unique and official Website(JW.ORG). We don't do things secretly
Our meetings being held at our Kingdom halls are always open to millions of people to attend free of charge without any collections. Our larger gatherings such as our Conventions and assemblies are always open to all and sundry including press to enjoy with us with spiritual program and wholesome associations.
So think Bro before u lay misqguided accusations on us.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by adeybola(f): 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
I Read AWAKE like Kilodegan!...I'm not a member...but dnt joke with AWAKE....veryyyyy informative!!!#kudos JW

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Wumipaul(m): 8:26pm On Nov 08, 2015
Efrankbblog:

Hey bro, you are getting it all wrong. The counted number that your friend told you are people that will rule with Jesus Christ in the heavens and not people that will be in paradise. The number is countless. That why we go from door to door to tell them about God. to get more to be save. So correct your thinking.
visit www.efrankb..com for other news......

Thanks Guys for the Comment and views so far......
bro this trend must be close plzz. Enough of dis arguement. Is not adding value
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by gidjah(m): 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
major466:
Do not get me wrong am not prejudice to Jehovah's Witness group. On the contrary, I like their sense of seriousness and modesty. Their ''Awake Magazine'' is one of my favorite magazines; very informative and colorful. I still read them to this day.
The only thing that spoil the show is their doctrine about the Divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ. They believe Jesus is of equal status with Arch Angels in heaven. It is written all over their literatures. To Jehovah witness, Jesus Christ is not GOD. This belief is a massive contradiction to John1:1 which states that:
''In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with GOD and the word was GOD.''
2. ''He was in the beginning with GOD. All things were made through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was made that has been made.''

The term ''Word'' from the verse above is refering to Jesus Christ. And He (Jesus Christ) was in existence before the creation of heaven and earth. He was with GOD from the very beginnging. And He was GOD. All created objects in heaven (including all the angels big and small) and earth were made through him. Without Him, not one thing was made.
If the Jehovah Witness group hold the believe that Jesus Christ is not GOD but a majestic being, created just like Arch Micheal, how come the Bible categorically recognizes Jesus Christ as GOD and that all things both in heaven and earth were made through him in John1:1-3?
this this is one of there biggest trouble and short fall.my best female friend is a lecturer and a JW too,but they are more like antichrist than pro Christ.Once you have reservations about the person of Christ,then you are an antichrist,period .

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by joxxy01(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
Jephz:
pls explain this to me John 14:28"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
may be u should see mathew 1:23
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Beync(f): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
joseph1832:
I find the number 7 on that list a gross slap! How can one not pledge his/her allegiance to his/her country? If you ask me, I believe the JW should come together and get a country of their own, saying they don't salute the flag or pledge allegiance to their country is showing gross disrespect!.
not at all. In as much as we pay all our dues and try to live in peace while respecring instituted authorities, we pledge all allegence to God becos it is for him we live and we wil continue to live. In other words, he owns our lives and it's for him we live or die and not any state.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by oluala1(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2015
ItsTime4me:
. You do not seem to get the point. Does the fact that we serve God with all our strength mean that we won't eat, take our bath or get involved in other physical endeavors? No. Even the bible encourages us to take care of ourselves. JWs pay their taxes ( which are used for social amenities), they get involved in environmental sanitation and whole lot of other activities necessary for our physical well being. However, we only give our worship to God. Do you remember the story of the three Hebrews of Nebucchadnezar's day in Babylon? Why were they thrown into the fiery furnace? You would agree that it was because they refused to do an act of worship to Nebucchadnezar's image, which was a national symbol. The Nigerian flag is a national symbol, so saluting it is sign of worship (think about the wordings of national anthem and pledge) which you and me owe only to our creator, Jehovah God

bros abeg jst try tell us whch part of the national anthem or the pledge utters the WORD to 'whorship'? This are where i get concern abt this whole 'its our doctrine' thing. Imagine somebody thought it wise in himself that living only by his own way of understands things is the only way he and his people should relate with others. Is that not an error? I think every 'school of thought' that do things this way should also check the meaning of hypocracy.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Esdb3: 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2015
arcnomec:

In all modesty,I'm taken aback with how you approach this issue,I bet to say that you can't and have never done evangelism the way this people those..one mustn't be a member of CAN or PFN to preach the gospel,this people are so passionate and articulate with their mode of evangelism but our so called CAN/PFN don't approach it that way..Have you gone out to preach about this so called hell that we believed in to a brother ? Do you do it regularly like the witness? I guess what your answer would be...

Dude. They only go out to recruit members. Do you know how many missionaries we have? Every Christian should preach Jesus to the unsaved but not recruit members. As a christian I can preach to a muslim and tell him to join the CAC or wherever the undiluted word of God is preached but the JW will tell non-believer to come to JW or go and sleep in hell. How is that preaching Jesus? They see that Jesus as important as an ordinary Angel so they Go around preaching Jehova when Jesus clearly commanded to preach him.

The bible said even the devil is transformed into an angel of light. Don't be carried away by the facade that covers the evil Charles Russel invented.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Mpanyi: 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=Jessicha post=39815310]

In other words , they made heaven without Jesus ? Yes or no . Just confess

[/quote

Confess what? Before Abraham Jesus, The Word, was. So what else do you want to drive at?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Anamachi3(m): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
arcnomec:

In all modesty,I'm taken aback with how you approach this issue,I bet to say that you can't and have never done evangelism the way this people does..one mustn't be a member of CAN or PFN to preach the gospel,this people are so passionate and articulate with their mode of evangelism but our so called CAN/PFN don't approach it that way..Have you gone out to preach about this so called hell that we believed in to a brother ? Do you do it regularly like the witness? I guess what your answer would be...

3point for u bro. U make sense.
We are different because we hold to our bible based beliefs. We are not and can't be malleable to accept whatever teaching that is not from the Bible, Infact that is one of the features to know the true worshippers of Jehovah, they hold the Bible sacred and as an authority not the traditions of men as it was in the case of the Pharisees of old who teach the traditions of men and Jesus said "woe" to them. Once more @my guy, I like u coz u re open-minded
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by hmmmm2015(m): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Efrankbblog:

Source:efrankb

While I admire all these attributes of you organisation, I have some questions for you and I want you to answer them sincerely
Who is Charles Taze Russell?
That about his two failed predictions of end of the world in 1874 and 1914?
What about the "Miracle wheat issue"?
Who is Joseph Franklin Rutherford ?
What about his failed prediction of the end of the world in 1941?
Can you share more light about Beth Sarim? A ten-bedroom mansion in San
Diego , California, constructed in 1929 in
anticipation of various resurrected Old
Testament biblical patriarchs or prophets such
as Abraham , Moses , David, Isaiah and Samuel.
It was maintained by the Watch Tower Society.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by agent9(m): 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2015
Jehovah Witness People—Who We Be?

We come from different different place and we dey speak different different language. Even as e be, we get one mind for everything wey we dey do. On top all dis one, na Jehovah we dey worship, the God wey get Bible and na ‵im be the one wey make everything. We dey do everything wey we fit do mek we be like Jesus, and we dey happy well well sey we be Christian. We dey use plenty of our time help people learn wetin Bible talk and learn about God Kingdom. Because we dey talk about Jehovah and ‵im Kingdom, na ‵im mek people sabi us as Jehovah Witness People.

Go our Website. Read Bible for our website. Mek you sabi us well well and wetin we believe.

Our official website na http://www.jw.org/pcm

Dat one na for pidgin.....

Or

http://www.jw.org/en

Dats English language....

U can also change to any language u want... Provided its available on d website.

Tanx.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by hmmmm2015(m): 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
Efrankbblog:

Source:efrankb

While I admire all these attributes of you organisation, I have some questions for you and I want you to answer them sincerely
Who is Charles Taze Russell?
That about his two failed predictions of end of the world in 1874 and 1914?
What about the "Miracle wheat issue"?
Who is Joseph Franklin Rutherford ?
What about his failed prediction of the end of the world in 1941?
Can you shed more light about Beth Sarim? A ten-bedroom mansion in San
Diego , California, constructed in 1929 in
anticipation of various resurrected Old
Testament biblical patriarchs or prophets such
as Abraham , Moses , David, Isaiah and Samuel.
It was maintained by the Watch Tower Society.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by shejane: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
I can't remember the last time I interact with them cos my Bible and theirs don't have the same content. People are fast to believe them cos of the comfort zone to provide to sinners by lying to them about the existence of hell fire. Allowing them to interact with you not preaching to me anyway is the same thing as giving ur car to a panel beater cos they can panel beat ur sense of understanding of the Bible to another form without you not knowing. Abstain from them for your own good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by alexis(m): 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2015
Jessicha:

I did not ask for link , simple qwesion : Jesus have a God he is subjected to ? Yes Or No

I can answer that question like this - In Revelation 1:8: It says, I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty". Is that Jehovah God or Jesus?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Esdb3: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2015
Jessicha:

So Jesus is not God? So Jesus was created like the angels were? So he was not there in the beginning?

Read other versions not your edited bible of the scripture John 14 5-11

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by mitchyy(f): 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=Mpanyi post=39816651][/quote]

Sometimes it is best not to give a response when its obvious some persons are not asking because they want to know, but because they mischievously want to strike up an argument. It's called wisdom. So just ignore where necessary and rather direct them to our website www.jw.org for more information. They can even read the answers in pidgin if they wish

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Ramos16(m): 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
dolphinheart:

They do believe jesus is the son of God.

they do believe that some people on earth will go to heaven.

They do believe that there is hell.

They are followers of jesus Christ and they try their best to get and accurate knowledge of God and the one he sent to us, jesus Christ.

Again, they do not believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, that is why they appeal to Muslims
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by bettermike: 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
Anamachi3:

What is a Secret cult? Can u pls tell us all in Naira land what a secret cult is? Jehovah's witnesses are not a secret cult because all our beliefs based in the Bible are clearly exposed and can be found at our Unique and official Website(JW.ORG). We don't do things secretly
Our meetings being held at our Kingdom halls are always open to millions of people to attend free of charge without any collections. Our larger gatherings such as our Conventions and assemblies are always open to all and sundry including press to enjoy with us with spiritual program and wholesome associations.
So think Bro before u lay misqguided accusations on us.

You don't know anything. Guy, start by proving all my points wrong first.

Better still, let me advice you, leave that devilish church before it is too late. Am begging you o.

Many a times, you can be in that God forsaken church for years without having access to the information I just let out.

Freshers are fooled into believing that all is well until they are in too deep. Leaving would now become hard.

I used to go there and sing their hymns for years but knew nothing. In fact, I used to recommend the devil's gathering to people until I was lucky to find out the reality.

Please Nigerians, flee from jehova witnesses. You have been warned.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
alexis:
dolphinheart

The word was [b]with God, the word was also that same God? [/b]

It says "And the Word was God".

There are a lot of translations and scholars that have a contrary view, they view and translated part of that verse to "the word was a god". These translations goes along with the fact that jesus is not the father and the father is God
Almighty.

Which manuscript is it in and which is it not in? Or which manuscripts is it not in and which is it in?
There are many manuscripts , listing them here will derail the thread. Pls( and I believe you are sincere in ur questions) put 1 john 5:7 on a search engine and see the various commentary, translations and views on that verse. Once you have done that, pls quote me and let's discuss.

Hebrews 1:8-9: Is lifted from Psalm 45:6-7: It's a reference to the deity of Jesus Christ as God and His superiority over other beings. I am not claiming Jesus is Almighty God as I would claim that I and my father are the same. I am claiming He is God in that He commands worship and He can forgive sins. Only God holds that position and no one else

Good Bro, the only God that holds that position is not jesus.
Even the "worship" that you say jesus commands was given to him by God.
Even the authority given to jesus to judge and forgives sin was given to him by God.
God, his father is superior to him!
To my point - Thomas after seeing the resurrected Jesus said - My Lord and my God. Thomas was a jew and knew that there was only one true God yet He called Jesus God.
Thomas, realising that it was really jesus made that exclamation.(that exclamation has been explained on these thread) But jesus had ealier told mary to tell them that he has not ascended to his God, which is also thomas' God.

So, I think people get it twisted when we say Jesus is God. God exists in more than one form at the same time.
And he is always talking to himself abi, taking things from himself to do things right?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Esdb3: 8:37pm On Nov 08, 2015
Beync:
not at all. In as much as we pay all our dues and try to live in peace while respecring instituted authorities, we pledge all allegence to God becos it is for him we live and we wil continue to live. In other words, he owns our lives and it's for him we live or die and not any state.

So you can't respect your country and God too? You can respect your Mom and Dad?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by mitchyy(f): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
Jehovah only grants understanding to those who earnestly seek it. So no matter how much witnesses try to explain, as long as you have made your heart unreceptive, we'll all just be wasting our time.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jessicha(f): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2015
[quote author=Mpanyi post=39816651][/quote]
Woah ! You are diving into an issue you have no knowledge about .

Calm down ,
1. Can anyone go to heaven without Jesus dying for mankind sins ?
Answer that nd we can proceed .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by alexis(m): 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
Ramos16:

Again, they do not believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, that is why they appeal to Muslims

Why not go to their website to confirm what they believe: http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20090401/is-jesus-god/

They don't believe in the trinity and they don't believe Jesus is equal to God

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Help From Above" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.