Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,809 members, 7,831,640 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (374883 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Peacefullove: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
brocab:
You don't understand the verse?

yes I don't, tell me, Cos I don't see how its related to my question . unless you are telling me Almighty God is a Child as stated in that bible quotation

And one more question : according to psalm 2:7 Jehovah have a son , if Jesus is Jehovah , does Jesus have a son too ? I need help here because some religions believe Jesus have a son , you seem to be supporting that

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
I think you are a fatty and you are stalking me, as Johnw74 had said you are.
achorladey:

What do you think?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
brocab:
Your mind is brainwashed-people don't fail exams, after they had truly studied the topic.
People will fail the exams if they don't stick/adhere to the instructions given by the examiner. Just like you did in my case, because the Topics is far far different from the instructions guiding the exams. For example, write your answers only with HB pencils. But an individual wrote with an ink pen. Despite attempting the topic under consideration correctly, he will fail successfully for not following the instructions.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Peacefullove: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
brocab:
BLIND AS YOU ARE, BLIND YOU WILL STAY.
Can you see the light that's shinning out from the darkness.

am not in anyway supporting the person you quote , but I must say you are rude to reply him that way .

I expect you to comment on what he said , didn't your Bible say the One God is just Father , I checked his quotation on google and that's what it said , not so ? Did the Christian Bible ever said the one God is Father and son ?

comment on what he said , don't just throw irrelevant noise.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
God has a Son, and God called His Son O God {Hebrews 1:6-9} Thy throne O God is for ever and ever.
Nothing will make any sense to you-unless one is born again.
Do you believe in {John 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Peacefullove:

yes I don't tell me, Cos I don't see how its related to my question . unless you are telling me Almighty God is a Child as stated in that bible quotation

And one more question : according to psalm 2:7 Jehovah have a son , if Jesus is Jehovah , does Jesus have a son too ? I need help here .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
Are you a JW?
Peacefullove:

am not in anyway supporting the person you quote , but I must say you are rude to reply him that way .

I expect you to comment on what he said , didn't your Bible say the One God is just Father , I checked his quotation on google and that's what it said , not so ? Did the Christian Bible ever said the one God is Father and son ?

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
Yes, I and the Father are One, YOU HAVE ALREADY REFUSED {ISAIAH 9:6}
Peacefullove:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
brocab:
I think you are a fatty and you are stalking me, as Johnw74 had said you are.
Are you sure?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
Yeh
achorladey:

Are you sure?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
You don't like the way we support each other-would you prefer me to be dishonest-and don't tell the truth, like the JW's do.
I did give him a comment on what he said-because you may not like the answer-it doesn't mean it was a bad comment.
Peacefullove:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
brocab:
Yeh
Is that a yes, yeah or what?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
Then it is obvious the individual wasn't listening, like you, your not listening, People don't fail exams if they studied before hand.
achorladey:

People will fail the exams if they don't stick/adhere to the instructions given by the examiner. Just like you did in my case, because the Topics is far far different from the instructions guiding the exams. For example, write your answers only with HB pencils. But an individual wrote with an ink pen. Despite attempting the topic under consideration correctly, he will fail successfully for not following the instructions.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
In my country Yeh means Yes
achorladey:

Is that a yes, yeah or what?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
brocab:
In my country Yeh means Yes
Good for you!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 3:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
brocab:
Then it is obvious the individual wasn't listening, like you, your not listening, People don't fail exams if they studied before hand.
Not all instructions are read out. An individual just like you is meant to read through and adhere to the specifics.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2016
Jozzy4:

Jesus and his Father are not One God . that's an heresy

" For us there is OnE GOD, The Father " 1 Cor 8:6
. Only the Father is described as the one God.

did it say One God , Father and Son ?

@ bold and that same verse describes Jesus as one Lord does that mean the father is not Lord?

John 1:1 has described Jesus as God.

Jesus is the one who made the world with his own hands.

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Jesus is Jehovah God, there is no way you can deny it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
If the exam isn't complete, and no-one had explained the subject to you-then its best to leave it alone.
Just like the JW's they expect their own organisation to learn their doctrine, but they won't allow those who are seeking after the truth, read other documents from other manuscripts, out side the JW's corrupt organisation.
This is the many reasons why the JW's refuse to believe in the Word Of God as it stands.
You believe what you are told to believe-not by the Word Of God, but by the Watchtower, who has been twisting and turning the scriptures around for so long-that you yourself can't help not to believe.
Solite3, Johnw74 and Myself have been showing you verse after verse-we have spent hours of our time explaining the meaning to each of them, and not one of you, can say the bible holds all truth.
This is why-if the instructions are limited and they are not explained-then we walk away from it.
achorladey:

Not all instructions are read out. An individual just like you is meant to read through and adhere to the specifics.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
Your teaching's to far advanced for their simple minds. They don't know which God they serve, nor do they know His name, they worship an unknown God-It won't matter how hard we try-not one JW will agree with the truth.
They know only the unknown God-they themselves believe is God God..
solite3:
@ bold and that same verse describes Jesus as one Lord does that mean the father is not Lord?

John 1:1 has described Jesus as God.

Jesus is the one who made the world with his own hands.

Isaiah 45:12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Jesus is Jehovah God, there is no way you can deny it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Yeh it is good for me.
achorladey:

Good for you!!!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:25am On Nov 23, 2016
More facts people should know about false jw:

false jw say the Alpha and Omega is not Jesus it is God,
well they are wrong with the first part and right with the second part
Alpha and Omega is Jesus is God

Jesus says "I am Alpha and Omega" and John adds "the Almighty"

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty 

Previous verse John is talking of Jesus, "He was pierced":
Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 

Jesus further says:
Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

John turned and looked to see who was talking to Him:
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 

Again this is Jesus speaking:
Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 
Rev 22:15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 
Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Another thing false jw say:
God sent "Jesus His Angel" to testify to John the things in the Churches"

however the above verse 16 shows "Jesus" sent "His Angel"

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

false jw twist-lie on so much of the Bible-God's word.

I look forward to the day when I see all antichrists thrown into the Lake of Fire:
Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:16am On Nov 23, 2016
johnw74:

duh, yes the theos of this world, your god

It is not yahweh as you believe cheesy

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

We see here that those whose minds are blinded, are they who believe not, and because they believe not, their minds continue in darkness, and are easy subjects for Satan to work on.

It is satan that doesn't want people to know the glorious gospel of Christ, not Yahweh smiley

Good that you agree that there are more than one theos, one of your brothers does not agree to that!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Peacefullove: 10:17am On Nov 23, 2016
brocab:
God has a Son, and God called His Son O God {Hebrews 1:6-9} Thy throne O God is for ever and ever.
Nothing will make any sense to you-unless one is born again.
Do you believe in {John 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

am trying to figure out the identity of Yahweh and if Jesus is Yahweh, in Psalm 2:7 Yahweh said he beget a son . Did Jesus beget a son too ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:19am On Nov 23, 2016
johnw74:

Worry about yourself, my post is to you lie lie dolphinheart
not to brocab

seems you and you brother don't share the same beliefs, hence you don't want talk about it it!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:14am On Nov 23, 2016
brocab:
{My say, this is how I see {Genesis 3:1-24} Had you noticed, Adam and the Lord God-had a long conversation-without looking at each other.
Verse 10 Adam explained why he hid himself, after the Lord God said where are you Adam, Adam heard the Lord God walking in the garden.
keep on digging holes for yourself, when the scriptures make plain simple statements, you refuse to see it the way the scriptures tell you it is, you just alter it to suit your false teachings
did Adam say he saw God? no!
did the scriptures say Adam saw God, no!
so why do you now believe that Adam saw God?

In a bid to hide vital words in the those verses you refused to quote them fully, you are so full of dubious behavoir, did Adam say he heard the Lord God walking in the garden as you wrote above? no
[b]King James Version
Ge 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

King James Version
Ge 3:10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden,[/u]and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself

brocab, must you see God when you hear his voice or when you are talking to him, if no is your answer, then why do you insist that Adam saw God.
sometimes you create your questions out of personal beliefs which are not from the scriptures!

But the scriptures tells us no-one had seen God at anytime-and by Verse 10 the Lord God had found him.
seems you do not believe john's statement that no one has seen God at anytime!
john further identified and differenciated jesus from the God that no one has seen, that's why you could not quote the whole John 1:18

jehovah himself said :
King James Version
Ex 33:20And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.

But men, women, children saw jesus, and yet you believe that jesus is jehovah.

It still baffles me when you read( if you read) where jehovah prophesied that he will send his servant, yet you believe that jehovah did not send his servant , but sent himself!

If Adam didn't see the Lord God walking in the Garden, but only heard the Lord God, Then I must ask, why would Adam Hide? God is Spirit and His Spirit roamed across the face of the Earth! By the sounds of this, Adam didn't hide from someone Adam couldn't see" He hid himself from someone he could see. No-one can hide from God, He see's and knows everything, even before we say or do anything.
fortunately, you are not adam, and Adam gave the reason why he hide himself, he was afraid because he was naked!

brocab, if you know someone can see you, but you cannot see him, would that prevent you from trying to hide if you feel the need to?
Thank god you live in a modern world, you are well aware of the fact that even humans can communicate with each other, hearing each others voice, and still not see each other!

But you see it, the way you see it fit-matter of fact Dolphinheart just read it in black and white, this, maybe way beyond your mentality, to even think while you read through the scriptures.
the scriptures tell you that no one has seen God at anytime, the scriptures tells you that no one can see God and live, yet you paint Adams story with colours just because the black and white did not tell you that Adam saw God, can you see where your problem lies? you create thoughts and refuse to adjust it even when it contradicts what the scripture tells you in plain simple manner.

Verses 21-22 The Lord God had even made tunic's of Skin and cloth them-of course both parties had their eye's closed.
And the Lord God said behold the man has become as One of Us, so by your own recognition, Please explain-does "Us" only mean "One"-or does it mean "Two or many"Or was Adam a Man or was he a Spirit like One of Us, Or was Adam both Spirit and Man
{Corinthians 15: 45-49} Shouldn't be a problem..
God was talking to other spirit creatures in heaven, those knowing good and bad!, and their a lot of them, they are the "us" , so it does not matter if you are human or spirit, it's your knowledge that determines if you are in the "us", not your nature!

God could make anything without the man being present!, he could even create it in front of them without them seing him!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:17am On Nov 23, 2016
brocab:
The god of this world is you, and your father is the devil-haven't you not heard of this saying, father like son.

I'm not the one that that scripture calls the God of this world , so answer the simple question you are afraid to answer, who is the god of this world? , remember the Greek word for god their is theos!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:23am On Nov 23, 2016
brocab:
No one has proving you anything-in your case like always you are Blind as you are, and blind, you will stay-Did I not say the Word is God, are you still confuse about {John 1:1} Reading all {Proverbs sounds better from 8:1-36}
Not one, none from your organisation knows the truth-only because the truth isn't in you-we have repeatedly explained scripture after scripture, verse after verse-and still none of the JW's can say the truth stands, as the Lord had directed it to be.
Instead you have all tried to turn the word of God against itself.

very simple question, you refuse to answer, I did not ask you if the the word is God, I simply asked you the question:  , BROCAB, ARE THE THE VERSES(PRO 8: 22-30) REFERING TO Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:26am On Nov 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

lol, they are not of the same mind . what happen in their case is exactly like what happen to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Herod and Pilate are not really friends , but they became friend because both see Jesus as a common enemy . u get the logic ,

Good work bro . thumbs up

I pray Jehovah continue to strengthen you

yo are right , thanks and amen.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2016
achorladey:
A general question to those still on the thread, According to Jesus' words in
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Do the JWs need to view Jesus as Almighty God before gaining everlasting life.
A. Yes B. No. C. Uncertain D. Don't know.

Please I don't need proof for the answers. The question is self explanatory enough.
Feel free to drop your answers Dolphinheart, Jozzy4, Brocab, Solite3, Johnw74,.......

the answer is B, moreover, no scripture teaches us that Jesus is almighty God.
The scriptures teaches us that Jesus is sent by the one who described himself as the almighty God, and we all know that the almighty God did not send himself.
We also know that Jesus is subjected to someone, and it is a fact that the almighty God is not subjected to anyone.
We also know that Jesus is at the right side of God, pleading on our behalf, Jesus does not plead to himself, the almighty God does not plead to himself or any one, as long as Jesus pleads, it means he is not almighty God!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2016
solite3:
Jehovah witness cannot defend their teachings

I have not seen a witness that could stand up and defend their ideology.
what is happening?
Dolphinheart has exhusted his/her lies
Catholics are more united than witnesses plus they have more members, more organised and engage in more humanitarian services. Jehovah witness do not even come close.

GO AND EDIT THAT POST SO THAT I CAN SEE YOUR FULL WORDS WHEN QUOTING YOU IN RESPONSE!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2016
brocab:
Quoting {John 3:16} won't do-listen to the scripture-those who believe in Me. Which means we have accepted Christ fully in our hearts, mind and soul.
Which means we have accepted "His truth" also means every word that God had written, we believe.
This is something the JW's don't believe-so how can you lie against the truth, and quote {John 3:16} when you know in your hearts the JW's partly believe in the Word of God.
{2 Timothy 3:16} All scriptures is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for instruction in righteousness.
Every word belongs to the lord. And what does the JW's do? They have either twisted or removed, His word from the bible completely.
{Matthew 4:4} Jesus answered and said: it is written man shall not live by bread alone "But by every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God".
{John 12:48-49} He that rejected Me, and receive not "MY WORDS" has that which judges him, the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken on My own Authority, but the Father who sent Me, gave Me a command, what I should say, and what I should speak.
Which of course the JW's had removed the Words given by the "Father" and replaced them with either another doctrine or removed them completely.
Another Sample {John 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
{John 3:16} Say's whoever believe in "HIM" shall not perish but have ever lasting life.
Which means you lay down your life for Him, as He had laid down His life for you.

Give an example of one verse that was removed from the scriptures, and prove that the words of that verse really existed, that the author really penned those words.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:44am On Nov 23, 2016
brocab:
So is "Jehovah" God's name?

King James Version
Ps 83:18That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

check you bible and see if the above words are true, if it can be found it the bible you believe in, why don't you believe it!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:47am On Nov 23, 2016
achorladey:
Brocab: This is something the JW's don't believe-so how can you lie against the truth, and quote
{John 3:16} when you know in your hearts the JW's partly believe in the Word of God.
Achorladey: Questions for Dolphinheart, Barrister 07, Jozzy4.........Do you believe in the Bible partly? (Yes, No, Uncertain).
No., I believe it fully

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — Don’t Settle For Less / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.