Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,227 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (372561 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:54am On Nov 23, 2016
solite3:
your view does not matter only what the scripture says.
Jesus is Jehovah God Almighty not a god. Jesus and his Father are one God Almighty.
You cant believe the son of a lion should be another animal. So the son of Almighty God is Almighty God.

lies, the scriptures never made any of the above statements.
It never said Jesus is Jehovah
it never said Jesus is almighty God
it never said jesus and the father are one God almighty

the son of lion is a lion
he is not the same lion as his father, but a different lion, no matter the similarities he has with his father.
they are two lions, not one lion, each with his own mind, feets and needs.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
johnw74:
More facts people should know about false jw:

false jw say the Alpha and Omega is not Jesus it is God,
well they are wrong with the first part and right with the second part
Alpha and Omega is Jesus is God

Jesus says "I am Alpha and Omega" and John adds "the Almighty"

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty
1. It Was God , the almighty that was talking and not jesus, read rev 1: 1-6

2. You have added words to the verse rev 1: 8 reads :
[b]New International Version
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

English Standard Version
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

New American Standard Bible 
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

International Standard Version
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," declares the Lord God, "the one who is, who was, and who is coming, the Almighty."

NET Bible
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God--the one who is, and who was, and who is still to come--the All-Powerful! 

American Standard Version
I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

English Revised Version
I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, which is and which was and which is to come, the Almighty.[/b]

SOME HAVE ADDED WORDS TO THEIR BIBLE SO AS TO USE IT TO SUPPORT FALSE TEACHINGS, AND WHEN ASKED THE SOURCE OF THOSE WORDS, THEY REFUSE TO SHOW IT!

Previous verse John is talking of Jesus, "He was pierced":
Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
1. yes, verse 7 was talking about Jesus, Jehovah had prophesied about the piecing of his servant, Jesus , the one who he exalted and who received the revelation from him!

Jesus further says:
Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
again, more adulteration of the scriptures by elements who wanted to insert false teachings by force, this is what verse 11 says:

New International Version
which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea."

English Standard Version
saying, “Write what you see in a book and send it to the seven churches, to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea.”

New American Standard Bible 
saying, "Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus and to Smyrna and to Pergamum and to Thyatira and to Sardis and to Philadelphia and to Laodicea."

International Standard Version
saying, "Write on a scroll what you see, and send it to the seven churches: Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."

NET Bible
saying: "Write in a book what you see and send it to the seven churches--to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea."[/b]

John turned and looked to see who was talking to Him:
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Good, can you see that The son of man in the midst of the lampstand is different from the ancient of days who sits on the throne of God

Again this is Jesus speaking:
Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 
Rev 22:15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 
Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
In most of those verses, it was God and not Jesus speaking.

Another thing false jw say:
God sent "Jesus His Angel" to testify to John the things in the Churches"

however the above verse 16 shows "Jesus" sent "His Angel"

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

false jw twist-lie on so much of the Bible-God's word.

I look forward to the day when I see all antichrists thrown into the Lake of Fire:
Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

plus answer,
1 who gave Jesus the revelation
2. did Jesus give himself the revelation
3. who did John call the one who gave Jesus the revelation
answers to those questions will help you understand revelation better!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:46pm On Nov 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

No., I believe it fully
Thanks for the beautiful response. Brocab there you have it. The JWs don't believe the Bible partly.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 12:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

the answer is B, moreover, no scripture teaches us that Jesus is almighty God.
The scriptures teaches us that Jesus is sent by the one who described himself as the almighty God, and we all know that the almighty God did not send himself.
We also know that Jesus is subjected to someone, and it is a fact that the almighty God is not subjected to anyone.
We also know that Jesus is at the right side of God, pleading on our behalf, Jesus does not plead to himself, the almighty God does not plead to himself or any one, as long as Jesus pleads, it means he is not almighty God!
Another wonderful response.
Brocab, I hope you seen how people are expected to follow instructions before answering questions.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2016
solite3:
your view does not matter only what the scripture says.
Jesus is Jehovah God Almighty not a god. Jesus and his Father are one God Almighty.
You cant believe the son of a lion should be another animal. So the son of Almighty God is Almighty God.
It seems you don't understand my question, from Jesus standpoint do you think Jesus expect the JWs to see him(Jesus) as Almighty God before they gain everlasting life? John 3 :16, John 3:36 John 17:3.
I am giving you another benefit to answer the question.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
[quote author=dolphinheart post=51296597]

lies, the scriptures never made any of the above statements.
It never said Jesus is Jehovah
it never said Jesus is almighty God
it never said jesus and the father are one God almighty
I dont wanna start going round, the true fact is Jesus is Jehovah God the whole bible agrees with me.

the son of lion is a lion
he is not the same lion as his father, but a different lion, no matter the similarities he has with his father.
they are two lions, not one lion, each with his own mind, feets and needs.
good you agree that the son of a lion is a lion not lesser than lion but purely lion is that not so? Enhen! Jesus also is purely God Just as the son of a lion has all the abilities of a lion so the Son of God has all the abilities of God abi no bi so?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
achorladey:

It seems you don't understand my question, from Jesus standpoint do you think Jesus expect the JWs to see him(Jesus) as Almighty God before they gain everlasting life? John 3 :16, John 3:36 John 17:3.
I am giving you another benefit to answer the question.
i understood you quite clearly! For the fact that Jesus did not reveal his identity to the jews does not mean he is not God Almighty. if Jesus wanted them to see him as the Son of God thats because he had a purpose but the Jesus knew quite alright that Jesus referring to himself as the Son of God mean he is equating himself with God but Jesus also told them he and his father are one they wanted to stone him because he was clearly saying he is God but Jesus did not deny it neither did he correct them meaning Jesus suported what they were thinking.
Btw believing that Jesus us Almighty God is not what saves but believing in him as your personal saviour and his sacrifice.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by goodnews201668: 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

Roman catholics kill fellow Catholics , protestants kill fellow protestants during wars . you can show me A Jehovah Witness killing his fellows in war ?

pathetic you don't know what true love spoken about in John 13:34,35 is all about

Tell us your church sef ? are u ashamed ?

Don't mind them, they're always fast to criticize others. They are not proud of theirs. Dare them to say it you'll see them blabbing.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
Solite3: Jesus also told them he and his father are one they wanted to stone him because he was clearly saying he is God but Jesus did not deny it neither did he correct them meaning Jesus suported what they were thinking.

A good look at the last line of your statement bothers me a lot. I can't still understand the fact that Jesus will consent to the thinking of the pharisee/Sadducees(religious leaders) of his time that he(Jesus) opposed down till his death with heavy woe as well. Please if a pharisee/Sadducees were to interpret a scriptures to you will you believe him.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Solite3: For the fact that Jesus did not reveal his identity to the Jews does not mean he is not God Almighty.
Achorladey: Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. 4:22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
More questions for Solite3, According to the scriptures highlighted above did Jesus made himself known to the Jews? (YES, NO, UNCERTAIN DON'T KNOW). From what Jesus said in the scriptures above did he(Jesus) want himself to be known as ALMIGHTY GOD or Did he(Jesus) want himself be known as SOMEONE SENT?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God. 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
If you were to get the most accurate truth or knowledge about God from the words of the three individuals in that scriptures above, who will you choose. A. Jesus B. Thomas C. John. D. None of the Above.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:15pm On Nov 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

Good that you agree that there are more than one theos, one of your brothers does not agree to that!

lie lie dolphinheart

duh, theos means god, it usually refers to the one true God
but in greek if satan is called god then of course the word theos could be used
why because it means god, you still so confused

don't worry yourself if one of my brothers and I see some things diffrently
we don't worry about it, I for one have an open mind on what I don't know about
and continue to look into it

false jw have a closed mind, you are told what to believe.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

seems you and you brother don't share the same beliefs, hence you don't want talk about it it!

false accuser dolphinheart

when will you stop crying

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

lol, they are not of the same mind . what happen in their case is exactly like what happen to our Lord Jesus Christ.

Herod and Pilate are not really friends , but they became friend because both see Jesus as a common enemy . u get the logic ,

Good work bro . thumbs up

I pray Jehovah continue to strengthen you

dolphinheart:

yo are right , thanks and amen.

you mean like you jozzy and you dolphin do, and are doing right now to your common enemy, bro and john cheesy

Ha ha, talking about yourself s again,

self righteous false accusing hypocrites both

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:52am On Nov 24, 2016
dolphinheart:

It Was God , the almighty that was talking and not Jesus,

Such a lie lie, It was God, it was the almighty, it was Jesus talking, John turned to see who it was talking to Him
and he saw one like "the son of man"

Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. 

dolphinheart:

You have added words to the verse

SOME HAVE ADDED WORDS TO THEIR BIBLE SO AS TO USE IT TO SUPPORT FALSE TEACHINGS, AND WHEN ASKED THE SOURCE OF THOSE WORDS, THEY REFUSE TO SHOW IT!

Oh lying one, I copied and pasted the verse from the KJV

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

but false jw, lying is what you do, always 

dolphinheart:

again, more adulteration of the scriptures by elements who wanted to insert false teachings by force, this is what verse 11 says:

again, truly I copied and pasted from the KJV OH false accuser,
fancy false jw saying a Bible is adulterated when they, false jw, have removed "God" from John 1:1 and added "a god" in their adulterated book

Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 

the Lake of Fire awaits all antichrists, twisters-changers of God's word.
Wherever the Bible shows that the Word-Jesus Christ is God, false lie lie jw change it.

dolphinheart:

plus answer,
1 who gave Jesus the revelation
2. did Jesus give himself the revelation
3. who did John call the one who gave Jesus the revelation
answers to those questions will help you understand revelation better!

duh, how can one be so d--b

God gave revelation to Jesus, Jesus through His Angel gave it to John
Jesus gave revelation to John, it is Jesus talking to John and the Churches, not Father
when John turnerd to see who was speaking to Him
he saw "one like the Son of man"

all you do lie lie dolphinheart is lie and twist what the scriptures say

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

You lie lie dolphinheart do a very bad job of twisting and rejecting the Truth, and you believe your own lies

The scriptures clearly show that Jesus is the Alpha and Omega:

Jesus says "I am Alpha and Omega" and John adds "the Almighty"

Jesus is speaking to John and the Churches, not Father:
Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty

Previous verse John is talking of Jesus, "He was pierced":
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jesus is speaking to John and the Churches, not Father:
Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

John turned and looked to see who was talking to Him:
Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Again, Jesus is speaking to John and the Churches, not Father:
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

God gave Jesus the revelation, Jesus through His Angel gave it to John

It is Jesus talking to John, It is Jesus talking to the Churches, John saw "one like the son of man" talking

verse 14 "Blessed are they that do his(Father's) commandments,"
"his", Jesus is talking of the Father

Jesus said: "I am the Alpha and Omega" John added "the Almighty"
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:22am On Nov 24, 2016
Christians know through God given Faith that the Word-Jesus Christ "is God"

antichrist false jw fight constantly trying to show that the Word-Jesus Christ "is not God"

"You will know them by their fruits"

"whoever denies the Son has not the Father also"

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:48am On Nov 24, 2016
It is only a wonderful response to you-only because you have not been taught the Truth.
Ask your teacher-Dolhinheart why the JW's had twisted or removed so many scriptures from the Word Of God, ask Dolphinheart why the Watchtower wanted people like you, never to find the truth about God.
Now that, I could say will be a good response..
achorladey:

Another wonderful response.
Brocab, I hope you seen how people are expected to follow instructions before answering questions.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:51am On Nov 24, 2016
If Dolhinheart believes in the bible fully-then explain why he doesn't believe in {John 1:1} In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word God.
achorladey:

Thanks for the beautiful response. Brocab there you have it. The JWs don't believe the Bible partly.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:52am On Nov 24, 2016
No, it's not the question I asked-is Jehovah God's name?
dolphinheart:

King James Version
Ps 83:18That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

check you bible and see if the above words are true, if it can be found it the bible you believe in, why don't you believe it!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:16am On Nov 24, 2016
Was completely removed {Matthew 17:21, 18:11, 23:14, Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46, 11:26, 16:9-20 all were removed, Luke 1:28, 17:36,23:17, John 5:4, John 7:53, 8:11, Acts 8:37, 15:34, 24:6-8, 28:19, Romans 16:24, Colossians 1:2, 2:2, An important phase and completely removed and of the Father and of Christ, 1 John 5:13, Revelation 1:11, 2:15, 21:24} {1 John 5:7} Completely removed in the JW bible, saying this, "For there are three witnesses bearers"
Now we will hear it from the real bible.
"For there are three that bear record in heaven "The Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost, these three are One.
Yes you and achoriadey do believe in your bible that's written lies and wonders.
dolphinheart:

Give an example of one verse that was removed from the scriptures, and prove that the words of that verse really existed, that the author really penned those words.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:23am On Nov 24, 2016
At least His my brother-not like you..
dolphinheart:

seems you and you brother don't share the same beliefs, hence you don't want talk about it it!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:30am On Nov 24, 2016
That's funny
johnw74:

you mean like you jozzy and you dolphin do, and are doing right now to your common enemy, bro and john cheesy

Ha ha, talking about yourselfs again,

self righteous false accusers both

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:34am On Nov 24, 2016
And I am the same-Jesus teaches us all to learn about Him, He talks to us the way we understand Him. And we seek Him the way we know how.
This is why the bible was written simple..But for Dolphinheart the bible is complicated.
And why is that, because the Watchtower had twisted and turned or completely removed the scriptures from the bible for Dolphinheart to never know any truth about God. The watchtower came only to steal, kill and destroy.
johnw74:

lie lie dolphinheart

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 5:23am On Nov 24, 2016
Since you are into scripture-Please answer these few Questions I give you, starting with {Matthew 18;11} For the Son of Man has come to save, which was lost.
{1 John 5:13} These things I have written to you, who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continual to believe in the name of the Son of God.
Please explain this one why the JW's had twisted this verse?{1 John 5:7} For their are three that bear record in Heaven-The Father the Word and the Holy Ghost, and these three are ONE
Instead the JW's had changed it from the truth, and said this in {1 John 5:7} 'For there are three witness bearers.
Maybe you should be searching for other manuscripts-instead of trying to work out what is left written in your bible, from your own mind-and try using your heart.
You have many scriptures twisted or removed from your own NWT Bible, what is left to read, you haven't the slightest idea to even come close in understanding the Word Of God.
And you are asking Dolphinheart to explain His word to you-What a joke-None of you JW's know any of the truth..
achorladey:
Solite3: For the fact that Jesus did not reveal his identity to the Jews does not mean he is not God Almighty.
Achorladey: Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 4:17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 4:19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. 4:20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. 4:21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. 4:22 And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?
More questions for Solite3, According to the scriptures highlighted above did Jesus made himself known to the Jews? (YES, NO, UNCERTAIN DON'T KNOW). From what Jesus said in the scriptures above did he(Jesus) want himself to be known as ALMIGHTY GOD or Did he(Jesus) want himself be known as SOMEONE SENT?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:50am On Nov 24, 2016
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus said verse 12 "behold, I come quickly" referring to His second coming
Jesus said verse 14 "Blessed are they that do his commandments" referring to His Father
Jesus said verse 16 " I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches"

Yet lie lie false jw dolphinheart said "In most of those verses, it was God and not Jesus speaking."

How pathetic are your lies

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Notice verse 15, how you false jw lie lie fits right in there
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 7:18am On Nov 24, 2016
1Jn_2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

Top verse an antichrist denies the Son
second verse, John shows that the Word is God

false jw denies that the Word is God, false jw are antichrists

Just like John showed that the Word is God,
Paul in his letter to Timothy also shows that the Word is God:

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

More on God being manifest in the flesh:

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

More on Jesus is God:
Act 20:28  Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

1Co 15:47  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 
"Lord" in that verse is "kurios" meaning supreme in authority, God.
you lie lie dolphin argued that kurios doesn't mean "God"
well the Strongs Greek dictionary said "God", and who other than God is supreme in authority?
ha ha such a know nothing smiley

Php 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Of course Jesus knew He is equal to God, and John said: "God and the Word is God", Just like many other verses show,
I posted some here.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:52am On Nov 24, 2016
achorladey:
Solite3: Jesus also told them he and his father are one they wanted to stone him because he was clearly saying he is God but Jesus did not deny it neither did he correct them meaning Jesus suported what they were thinking.

A good look at the last line of your statement bothers me a lot. I can't still understand the fact that Jesus will consent to the thinking of the pharisee/Sadducees(religious leaders) of his time that he(Jesus) opposed down till his death with heavy woe as well. Please if a pharisee/Sadducees were to interpret a scriptures to you will you believe him.
I never said Jesus supported their thinking stop trying to twist my words read and comprehend the pharisees understood what Jesus was saying and Jesus supported their thinking in regards to his words of being equal with God but they couldnt accept it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2016
achorladey:
Jesus didnt come to reveal himself as Almighty God his mission was to come as a servant do his fathers will.
Jesus took upon him the nature of a servant.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2016
achorladey:
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God. 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
If you were to get the most accurate truth or knowledge about God from the words of the three individuals in that scriptures above, who will you choose. A. Jesus B. Thomas C. John. D. None of the Above.
Jesus,Thomas and John are all one and told the truth. so, you cant choose which is most accurate.
There is nothing like most accurate truth. Truth is truth and lie is lie.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:47am On Nov 24, 2016
[quote author=solite3 post=51308904][/quote]
(learn how to quote)
no need to go round , the scriptures:
1. never said or thought us that jesus is jehovah, in fact, jehovah prophesied about jesus as his servant. jehovah did not send himself or did he?, I'd jehovah the servant of jehovah?

2.never at any point said that jesus is the almighty God, the one who is the almighty God is jehovah, he called jesus his servant, his son, his only begotten SON!

3. never ever said that jesus and the father are one God almighty, in fact no verse would you find where it is said that jesus and the father are one God, jesus identified the father as our God, the only true God, the disciples identified the father as the one God , the scriptures identified the father as the God of jesus and our God.

lion:
you fight reality cus it does not support your theory.
1. If a lion has a son, it automatically means we have two lions, not one lion. This throws out your trinity doctrine cus it says one God, not two God's. Therefore you can't use the theory of lion and his son to support trinity.

2. This lions are fully lions and are separate entities , even though they are both lions. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME LION!

3. when referring to the father lion and son lion together, you call the lions and not lion, these also throws out the trinity doctrine.

4. The father lion and his son have different minds, structure makeup, expedience e.t.c.
Even though they are both lions , they do not wake and eat at the same time, neither do they have equal strength even though both are strong!

5. The son of a lion can have all the abilities of a lion, but it does not have the same ability as it's father!
in the case of jess, he has told you where all his power, abilities and training come from , it comes from his father, GOD.
Jesus is the son of God, he is a god, just like the son of lion is a lion, jesus is not the same person as the God he is a son of, just as the lions son is not the same lion with the lion it is a son of!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie dolphinheart

good to note that you agreed that Satan is called theos

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 9:52am On Nov 24, 2016
johnw74:

false accuser dolphinheart

when will you stop crying

good to note that you and your brother don't share the same belief !

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Expectation From God" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.