Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,589 members, 7,847,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (376733 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:55am On Dec 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

the person who is with someone cannot be the same person with the one he is with!.

Ha ha, no a/c dolphinheart He is not the same person He is the same God, (Father and Son = two persons) duh

dolphinheart:

moreover , God does not have a beginning!

ha ha, oh boy, John 1:1 doesn't say the Word had a beginning, it says, in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God,
so in the beginning the Word was with God, did Father have a beginning?
the beginning spoken of is the beginning of creation, duh, how dark is your darkness

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Mat_6:23  But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

dolphinheart:

I can see you are much confused with the use of capital letters when theo's is being translated to English.

cheesy Everyone except the blinded false jw's can see who is much confused:

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:39am On Dec 23, 2016
I can't really understand you-matter of fact I don't believe you understand yourself?
You strongly believe Jehovah is the rightful name for God in the KJV, but yet you refuse God was manifest in the flesh in the same KJV.
One Word is as good as another..
Jehovah to me is just a name used for God-its like El, Elohim, and every other name people would like to call Him-God will always be Lord, this is the proper way to address our creator.
So really you are acting as a hypocrite. Really Dolphinheart You come back with the silliest answers, everyone who speaks the truth of God-is inspired by God..{Every Christian knows that. I did say Christian"}
It is either English or Greek or Hebrew God speaks all languages, and there is always a interpreter.
Paul didn't call God Jehovah in English-nor in his own language, but a Spanish Monk in 1278 called Jehovah God's name.
Do you agree?
dolphinheart:

LIES!, Paul never said " God was manifest in flesh", it was those who were desperately trying to alter what Paul said so as to find support for their false doctrines that made those changes to later manuscripts, they had been discovered and found to be false!.

It seems Paul now knows how to speak English abi?, brocab, go and study, go and check if the Greek word for God can be found in the oldest most reliable manuscripts , go and study how it was discovered that the word for "he" had been altered.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Well Mary is the Mother of Jesus-the same Son that's written in {Isaiah 9:6} For a Child is born-a Son is given, and the Government shall be upon His shoulder, He shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace.
Jesus the everlasting Father and the Mighty God-is Mary's Son.
Barristter07:

dont mind those 419's , if truly brocab believe the statement God was manifest in flesh . what stops him from accepting Mary as the mother of God ? Or is it not God that was manifest in the flesh that Mary gave birth to ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:22am On Dec 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

I know sincerity is not in you,

truly the verses I posted do show that the Word is God
and of course you continue to be the unbelieving lie lie, and the son of that great false accuser

Rev_12:10  And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

dolphinheart:

when you read the scriptures , do you try to understand what you read or you are just looking for words that support your beliefs, the person talking called jesus God and in the same breath called himself the God of jesus? how far has the search of words affected your understanding of what is being said.

when you read the scriptures a/c, do you try to believe what you read, no you don't is clear
you are in great unbelief and of course you have no understanding at all

Father called Jesus God, and Jesus is called God, so Christians believe it
that Father is God of the Son does not alter the fact that God and the Word is God
but you a/c dolphinheart don't believe the Bible and change and twist what it says, you
deny Christ at every oppurtunity and are antichrist.

You deny Father God also false jw:
if this verse is saying that the Word had a beginning, like you say it is
then you are also saying Father had a beginning, because in the beginning the Word was with God

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

The Word was with God in the beginning

do you know anything a/c, no you don't
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 4:26am On Dec 23, 2016
brocab:
Well Mary is the Mother of Jesus-the same Son that's written in {Isaiah 9:6} For a Child is born-a Son is given, and the Government shall be upon His shoulder, He shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of peace.
Jesus the everlasting Father and the Mighty God-is Mary's Son.

Oga, dont change the topic ... He was asking that since it was God that manifest in FLESH as u argue, then what do u call the woman that give birth to God in flesh ? Why not accept he is the mother of God ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 4:29am On Dec 23, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie barristter

I assume you read my post, and then you ask what is my argument,
read it again oh blinded one

2Co_4:4  In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

His question is too hard for you to comprehend, grin , he asked for the focus of your argument, . am sure u dont have focus , you are just busy showing the world u lack knowledge
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 4:35am On Dec 23, 2016
johnw74:

mendacious dolphinheart

As I said yesterday, it's easy to belong to the jehovahs witnesses sect,
you just don't believe the Bible and change what it says.
That's what you did here and what you do all the time antichrist dolphinheart.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And of course you cannot believe or understand such truths without God in you,
such truths as God and the Word being God are foolishness to you.

1Co_2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You lack knowledge, answer : Can theos be translated as " a god " , Yes or No ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 7:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Barristter07:

dont mind those 419's , if truly brocab believe the statement God was manifest in flesh . what stops him from accepting Mary as the mother of God ? Or is it not God that was manifest in the flesh that Mary gave birth to ? grin grin

lie lie barrisster

it's typical that you of the jehovahs witnesses sect who say they are Christians and are not but do lie and are the synagogue of Satan, would say that Christians are frauds

God laughs, He knows your day is coming, you will go to your place antichrist

Jesus of the Christians said:
Rev_21:8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 7:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

His question is too hard for you to comprehend, grin , he asked for the focus of your argument, . am sure u dont have focus , you are just busy showing the world u lack knowledge

Jozzy4:

You lack knowledge, answer : Can theos be translated as " a god " , Yes or No ?

Really, the world is reading this, wow, you and a/c dolphinheart are certinally off one mind,
pity the mind belongs to satan.

duh, of course theos can mean a god, but not in John 1:1
go back and read my posts oh jozzy dum
I'm not repeating myself for one with no understanding

jozzy dum say's someone lacks knowledge cheesy

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 7:55am On Dec 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

Oga, dont change the topic ... He was asking that since it was God that manifest in FLESH as u argue, then what do u call the woman that give birth to God in flesh ? Why not accept he is the mother of God ?

brocab answer was a good one, and way over your head jozzy dum

God the Word became man, Mary became the Mother of that man Jesus Christ
Mary is not the mother of the Word of God who was with God in the beginning
two persons one God, look back through my posts dum, it's all there

you jozzy dum could not possibly know or understand anything of the spirit

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 8:17am On Dec 23, 2016
1. jews, muslims, and atheists, don't believe that Jesus is God

neither do the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect

2. jews, muslims, and atheists, don't believe in the physical resurrection of Jesus

neither do the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect

3. the antichrist pharisees who condemned Jesus, didn't believe that Jesus was God
neither do the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect,
who are today's pharisees.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 9:28am On Dec 23, 2016
J
johnw74:

brocab answer was a good one, and way over your head jozzy dum

God the Word became man, Mary became the Mother of that man Jesus Christ
Mary is not the mother of the Word of God who was with God in the beginning
two persons one God, look back through my posts dum, it's all there

you jozzy dum could not possibly know or understand anything of the spirit

Kikikkkikkk, this shallow guy

@ bold , Jesus is just a man when on earth ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Jozzy4: 9:33am On Dec 23, 2016
johnw74:

duh, of course theos can mean a god,

Correct, now shut your mouth.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 9:36am On Dec 23, 2016
Jozzy4:
J

Kikikkkikkk, this shallow guy

@ bold , Jesus is just a man when on earth ?

take your crying home with you dum
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 9:37am On Dec 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

ha ha, like I said take your crying home with you dum
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 9:45am On Dec 23, 2016
Jozzy4:

grin grin grin ko gbenu e soun . mi o le rerin oooo

You have exposed the guys flawed knowledge.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 9:49am On Dec 23, 2016
Barristter07:

lie lie barristter

perhaps you antichrist can show where
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 9:51am On Dec 23, 2016
Barristter07:

lie lie barristter

you could also stop being a coward and post in english
stop being a coward ha ha, impossible
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 10:04am On Dec 23, 2016
johnw74:

Really, the world is reading this, wow, you and a/c dolphinheart are certinally off one mind,
pity the mind belongs to satan.

duh, of course theos can mean a god , [but not in John 1:1
go back and read my posts oh jozzy dum
I'm not repeating myself for one with no understanding

jozzy dum say's someone lacks knowledge cheesy

BOOKMARKED
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:04am On Dec 23, 2016
This is basically all that lie lie barristter can say:

grin grin grin

ha ha,
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 10:06am On Dec 23, 2016
Barristter07:

BOOKMARKED

such a girly
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2016
brocab:
To be honest it doesn't matter-the names not important-its just a name used-what is more important is getting to know God-like I have said bibles have been corrected since the seven hybrid names were written in the KJV, it must be some kind of a joke to only find seven names in the entire hole bible, which doesn't make a difference at all-we all know the name-as YHWH Yahweh or Lord and God.

(1.)Whenever you realise how wrong you are, instead of apologizing and listening to the truth, all you do is try and change the issue under discussion, you have shifted from "mispeling" to "it does not matter" in the twinkling of an eye, the moment you realised that they defended the use of "jehovah" in their bible.
The most interesting part is that you could not fault their defence, you could not even tell if their defence is true or false.
If truly their defence is true, then the use of the word "jehovah" is true, but if there defence is false, then they lied.
Whichever answer you give, it will not argue well for you, so to save yourself from the shameful position such defence has put you, you refuse to talk about, saying it does not matter.

well it does matter, it matters to faithful witnesses of jehovah in that time and now, if it does not matter, God would not have given it, his followers would not have used it.
[b]Isa 42:8 I am Jehovah. That is my name; I give my glory to no one else, Nor my praise to graven images.

The psalmist, a faithful servant of jehovah wanted people to know his name, it was recorded in the inspired word of God, showing that it meets God's approval
[b]King James Version
Ps 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth

God himself said he wanted his name known, but you say it does not matter, false doctrines has eaten deep into you.
[b]Ex 9:16But for this very reason I have kept you in existence: to show you my power and to have my name declared in all the earth.

Every time I see Jehovah written I think of Jesus. knowing Lord means Jehovah.
Go and study the Hebrew and Greek words used, the word transliterated to jehovah is totally different from the word translated to Lord!

You yourself know that the Tetragrammaton has been substituted with LORD in some English bibles, the Tetragrammaton does not mean LORD. The Hebrew word used for God's name is totally different from the Hebrew word used for LORD!.

The name Jehovah came from a Spanish Dominican Monk Raymundus Martini around 1278 who then wrote the Latin work PUGIO FIDE.
A small dose of Jehovah was used not only in the KJV 1611-but it was also used in the Spanish Valera in 1602-The portugese ALMEIDA version of 1681-And German ELBERFELDER in 1871-And the American Standard version in 1901-But it appears that the Jerusalem Bible was the first one to use "YAHWEH" Instead of Lord and Jehovah. They didn't dare to take His name in vain {Deuteronomy 5:11} You shall not take the Lord your God the name in vain, for the Lord will hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
that small dose that the kjv used , is it right or wrong? answer, cus the kjv said it is right!
Secondly what is the Hebrew word that the kjv translated to Jehovah?

The early Jews didn't dare to say His name for fear of taken it in vain, they didn't even write it, but today we find God's name used in every conceivable way.
That fear was a plan from the devil, God himself told them his name and said he wants his name declared throughout the earth, his faithful servants wrote down his name hundreds of times in the scriptures. But when people like you came to the scene in times past, they decided it was not good to say that name again as numerous faithful servant had done in the time past, so they decided to hide it, altering the name and substituting the name with Lord when they saw it in the scriptures.
don't worry , jehovah words will be carried out, his name will be declared throughout all the earth no matter how you try to hide it using fear as an excuse!

Most Christians would not think of cursing by using God's name, but yet the JW's still take His name in vain.
Give an example , liar!

So now we are going back the the basis, we either follow after the Jews and call His name God or we call His name Lord "YAHWEH" Or we listen to the JW's and take His name in Vain?[/color]
follow the scriptures brocab, follow what the scriptures teaches you, follow the example of Faithfull servants of God who used God's name. follow God himself who wanted his name known. Don't follow the Jews whose actions was later condemned by jesus.

calling on God's name is not taken his name in vain, faithful servants of God call on God's name all the time, and they recorded how they did it. substituting God's name will not help.

[quote]Lets read and see for ourselves and read some past history below.
Yahweh the God of the Israelite's, His name being revealed to Moses, as four Hebrew CONSONANTS {YHWH} CALLED THE TELREGRAMMATION AFTER THE EXILE {6TH CENTURY BC} and especially from the 3rd century BC on, Jews cease to use the name "YAHWEH" for two reasons. As Judaism became an universal religion through its proselytizing in the Greco Roman world.
see, you yourself admit that the Jews cease to use God's name, disobeying God's directive that his name should be declared all around the world. Can you see the people you follow? and you will still claim to read the scriptures!

The more common noun "ELOHIM" meaning "God" tenders to replace "YAHWEH" to demonstrate the universality sovereignty of Israels "God" all over the others.
At the same time the Divine name was increasingly regarded as to sacred to be uttered, it was thus replaced vocally in the synagogue ritual by the Hebrew word "ADONAI" {MY LORD} Which was translated to "KYNOS" {LORD} in the septuagint, the Greek work of the Old Testament.
Good, you yourself have revealed that the word "Lord" does not mean God or God's name, it was used as a substitute by those who where afaid of calling on God's name.

The Masoretes, who about from the 8th to the 10th century. worked to reproduce the original text of the Hebrew bible, replaced the vowels of the name 'YHWH" with the vowel signs of the Hebrew word "ADONAI" {Lord editor} Or "ELOHIM" {God editor} {Thus the artificial name Jehovah} "YeHoWaH"{Emphasis ours,ed} Come in to being. Although Christian Scholars after the renaissance and the reformation periods used the term Jehovah for "YHWH" In the 19th and 20th centuries biblical scholars again began to use the form "YAHWEH" Early Christian writers, such as Clement of Alexandria in the second century, had used a form like "YAHWEH" and this pronunciation of the Telragrammation was never really lost.
Other Greek transcription also indicated that "YHWH" should be pronounced "YAHWEH"

The question is , is Yahweh an English word?, how do you pronounce the Tetragrammaton in English.
you say jesus, John, Joshua, etc when you speak English, knowing fully well that that is not how those names where pronounced in Hebrew. The people who knew those personalities pronounced their names differently. You do not see any problem with that, but when it Comes to how God's name is pronounced in English, you went bunkers.
If you are truly sincere, you should go and search for how God's sons name is being pronounced by people's in the first century and stop pronouncing his name as jesus in English, but I know you are not sincere
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:32am On Dec 23, 2016
brocab:
I can't really understand you-matter of fact I don't believe you understand yourself?
You strongly believe Jehovah is the rightful name for God in the KJV, but yet you refuse God was manifest in the flesh in the same KJV.
One Word is as good as another..
When it comes to translation, one word is not as good as the other, if the wrong or different word is used, it will give a different meaning. The Greek word used by Paul means "he", it does not mean "God". There is a greek word for God and Paul did not use it in that verse.

If I asked that a letter I've written should be copied and the one who copied it make a mistake in one or two words or sentences in that letter, I do not condemn the whole letter, I'll just make corrections where the mistake are made. likewise the kjv, I do not condemn the kjv as a whole, but I try to make sure that the verse I'm quoting is as accurate as possible. If i feel a verse is wrongly or falsely translated, I state it and give reasons why!. Thank God we can all check the manuscripts and try to decipher which translation is correct when two bible translations give different sentences and meaning in the same verse.

Jehovah to me is just a name used for God-its like El, Elohim, and every other name people would like to call Him-God will always be Lord, this is the proper way to address our creator.
haba!, you never stay in one place, always changing your beliefs, you just said how the Hebrew word for Lord was substituted for God's name by those who were afraid. you initially claimed the word " jehovah is a mispeling, now you accept it's a name used for God.

So really you are acting as a hypocrite. Really Dolphinheart You come back with the silliest answers, everyone who speaks the truth of God-is inspired by God..{Every Christian knows that. I did say Christian"}
It is either English or Greek or Hebrew God speaks all languages, and there is always a interpreter.
Paul didn't call God Jehovah in English-nor in his own language, but a Spanish Monk in 1278 called Jehovah God's name.
Do you agree?

you are trying to change the issue again, we are not discussing about if Paul called God jehovah, we are talking about the true words that Paul used in 1 timothy 3: 16, Paul did not say "god was manifest in flesh, Paul did not use the Greek word " theos"!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2016
Most Christians would not think of cursing by using God's name, but yet the JW's still take His name in vain.

dolphinheart:

Give an example , liar!

lie lie dolphinheart

I will give an example of you taking God's name in vain

I have posted many Bible verses showing that Father and Jesus is God,
and you lie lie dolphinheart said concerning Father and Jesus:

"if Jesus is that same God, then He is a two headed God"

so you lie lie dolphinheart called Father and Jesus(God) "a two headed god"

the fact that you reject the Bible verses showing they are God, is because you are antichrist

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Proof that shows that Jesus is Jehovah God

Psalms 102:16 When the LORD [color=#000099]{Jehovah} shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
[/color] this verse is quite clear that Jehovah will appear after he has finished his work with Israel. This is a clear reference pointing to the divinity of Christ as God.

102:19 For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth;

102:20 To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death; also see isaiah 61:1

Psalms 102:21 To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem; note that Jehovah himself will proclaim the name of the LORD. Compare;

John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

God really appeared on this earth, look at what Jesus said to his disciples,

John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:27pm On Dec 23, 2016
Barristter07:

lie lie barristter

still pretending to be a Barrister, but you cannot even spell the word
your user name two t's smiley

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
Barristter07:

lie lie barristter

you lot cannot help but lie

Jesus said to the pharisees-todays antichrist jw's:
Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
dolphinheart:

read rev 1: 1-6
If you had read those verses, you would have known that is was not Jesus that was talking in Rev 1: 8, it was God the almighty, who gave Jesus the revelation.

duh, a/c dolphinheart how can one be so dum,
God gave Jesus His Revelation, Jesus gave it to His Angel to give to John,
it was Jesus speaking to John through His Angel.

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 
Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ,
and of all things that he saw. 
Rev 1:3  Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand. 
Greeting to the Seven Churches
Rev 1:4  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne; 
Rev 1:5  And from Jesus Christ,
who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 
Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

verses 1 and 2 Jesus sent His revelation to John through His angel Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, (not who bare record of Father and testimony of Father) 

verses 1 and 5, John sent greetings to the seven Churches from Himself and from Father and Jesus Christ, but the testimony is from Jesus through His angel

Rev 1:7  Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 
Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 

verses 7 and 8, John shows that the one coming is Jesus, the one who was pierced
Jesus said I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, remember this is the record of the word of God the testimony of Jesus Christ, not the Father.
and John added "the Almighty"

Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; 
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man

John heard a voice saying I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last:
and John turned to see who was speaking, it was one like the Son of man
it was Jesus speaking through His Angel, not the Father.
Jesus said I am Alpha and Omega the same as when he said in verse 8 I am Alpha and Omega
remember, to which John added "the almighty"

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
More facts people should know about the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect.

antichrist false jw teach that the Word-Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, is not God

Jesus talking:

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 

Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. 

Rev 1:17  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 
Rev 1:18  I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. 
Rev 1:19  Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter; 
Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. 

Rev 2:1  Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 

Rev 3:1  And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Rev 22:7  Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. 

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 
Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 

Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Revelation is the testimony of Jesus, from start to finish.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:08am On Dec 24, 2016

antichrist false jw teach that the Word-Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, is not God

Jesus Christ is Lord:
Php_2:11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord(kurios), to the glory of God the Father.

Lord
G2962
κύριος
kurios
koo'-ree-os
From κῦρος kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, that is, (as noun) controller; by implication Mr. (as a respectful title): - God, Lord, master, Sir.
Total KJV occurrences: 748

If Jesus Christ was just Mr. master or Sir why proclaim that, it would not be to the glory of God the Father,
many men are Mr. master or sir.
But, if Jesus Christ was supreme in authority, God, then that would be worthy to proclaim, to the glory of God the Father.

Jesus Christ is Lord, supreme in authority, God.

When Jesus finally saves Judah and Israel, He will be called THE LORD(YAHWEH) OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS:
Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS. 

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect do some pathetic twisting, saying that Thomas was startled and said "my Lord and my God" in fright
but the Apostles never took the Lords name in vain on any ocassion

Jesus replied "because you have seen you believe"
not a reply to someone who has just taken God's name in vain,
but a reply of affirmation to Thomas's statement that Jesus Christ is his "Lord and his God"

1Co 12:3  Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost

Christians can say that Jesus is Lord, supreme in authority, God
but antichrist false jw not having the Holy Ghost cannot say Jesus is Lord, supreme in authority, God.

They not only cannot say it, they cannot see it:

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 3:37am On Dec 24, 2016

Father God has not been seen by man:

Joh 1:18  No man hath seen God(Father) at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Joh 5:37  And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Joh 6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

The Word of God who became Jesus Christ, was seen by man, He was called God Almighty
He said He is Yahweh:

Exo 6:2  And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD(Yahweh): 
Exo 6:3  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:48am On Dec 24, 2016
I Hope all you JW's are paying attention to this-maybe you don't like studying your own bibles-but I assure you, you should-because your own bible are making a mockery out from all of you.
Barrsitter07 You need to pull the speak out of your eye before you can pull the plunk out from my eye.
It isn't good for you to try and make someone else other then yourself to look as silly as you do, so lets read the NWT Bible together and see what you are missing-and we will read together from your bible who Jesus is.
Of course we wouldn't find any truth written in your magazines, so we will stick solid reading the verses from your NWT bible.
{Matthew 1:23} Look the Virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will name him Im-man-u-el which means, when translated. "WITH US IS GOD"
Of course the JW scholars had allowed this scripture to read as it sounds, and of course they would believe this is true and correct.
How about this one-the JW's don't believe in the Trinity, but this scripture is found in the NWT Bible {2 Corinthians 13:14} The under served kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the sharing of the Holy Spirit be with all of you.
Again I managed to find {1 Peter 1:2} lets read this verse together, another verse about the Trinity, It seems quite odd when you yourself don't believe the Trinity even exist, it must be puzzling for you, Why did your scholars leave such a verse, when none of you believe in the Trinity?
{1 Peter 1:2} According to the foreknowledge of God the Father with sanctification by the Spirit for the purpose of being obedient and sprinkled with the blood of Jesus Christ.
How about this one {1 Peter 3:15} But sanctify the Christ as lord in your hearts-and since Jehovah is the means to Lord-then you need to sanctify Christ as your lord..And since we believe Jesus is God-then you must sanctify Christ as Lord and your God at the same time..
Of course we have this one, written in your bible- {John 20:28} In answer Thomas said to Him "My Lord and My God!"
And we have this one too, written in the NWT Bible-{John 10:30} I and the Father are one..
And of course we have this too-{Jude 8:9} May Jehovah rebuke you.
{It seems the JW's don't seem to understand this scripture, they believe Jesus is Michael the archangel, and when Michael needed assistance, He asked Him {Jesus} to rebuke the Devil-Now of course their couldn't be two angels written in the bible who call themselves Michael the archangel}
Can you see-how silly this sounds-these are scriptures written in your bible-and you and the other JW's don't acknowledge any of them, but disagree with them?
Barristter07:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Miracles Through Prayers / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.