Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,090 members, 7,859,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (378337 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Hairyrapunzel: 11:05pm On Feb 19, 2019
lordtim001:

I'm aware it's for elders only. I'm not a baby. And the guy quoted from the same book. Is he an elder? Or was he previously serving as an elder? Even if he was, does he not know that he is required to return the book when he is deleted? It's not for elders, but he expects to misinform the general public by saying he was disfellowshipped for saying rape should be a criminal offence? grin. Most of them will be talking like old men, with firsthand history of the organization meanwhile.....

Well, I won't say too much

I don't believe in the crap you call watchtower organization and the gb.
I believe your gb are delusional psychopaths and they don't have sense.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 4:46am On Feb 20, 2019
Hairyrapunzel:

I don't believe in the crap you call watchtower organization and the gb.
I believe your gb are delusional psychopaths and they don't have sense.
Senseless and delusional psychopaths that's able to gather almost 9,000,000 individuals from different tongues and tribes and peoples together under one umbrella and making all of them obedient to specific instructions as a happy global family{Revelations 14:6,7}
Hmmmmmmmm you're making REAL sense Sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 5:56am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
You know,your problem is presumption my friend, you're overly anxious of winning arguments with what you've been taught forgetting that others also have deep rooted faith in what they've learned. wink wink wink
Instead of assuming you've trashed your opponent while that one is still standing questioning your doctrines,why not be resolved never to get tired of using the same sword again and again. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Because the Pharisees thought they can trash Jesus with their shallow ideas they kept coming back to Him in order to make Him say something different but instead Jesus kept making everyone know that what He is saying is confirmed TRUTH.
Please try to interpret what is recorded at Matthew 22:46 because i can't understand what Matthew meant there! undecided undecided undecided

Once again quoting Bible verses in isolation and jumping into conclusion.
Was the question the Pharisees brought to Jesus in that passage an old question being repeated or an altogether new one? Can you show me another instance in which they had once asked Jesus that same question? Like I too have been doing to you, Jesus answered that question with logical arguments woven around citations from the scriptures because that was the first time they asked him that question. And the Bible didn't say there that "....the Pharisees stopped asking him questions from that day on because they got tired of it."
What it rather says is "... and from that day on no one (including those who believed in Him hence never disagreed with Him) dared ask Him any question again. The Bible is silent as to what their reasons were, but you have as usual smuggled in tiredness into that place. Ojoro doctrine!
And for the bolded, take a look at the mirror and you'll see who is really presumptuous and wanting to win arguments even if by misquoting or quoting the Bible out of context.
Wasn't it you that once accused me on another thread of not allowing JWs win arguments to which I wondered whether the kingdom of God is about winning arguments and talk talk talk, or displaying the power of God as Paul the Apostle told the Corinthian Church?
If you perceive that you are not being allowed to win arguments and it pains you that much, then it is obvious you are the one desperately after winning arguments. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
I have never sought to win arguments because I don't ever see myself as the one debating with you in the first instance. I rather see the Bible speaking through me. And that exactly is why you who speak out of your own accord and human knowledge keep failing.
For example, on a thread different from this where you laboured in vain to prove that belonging to a so-called approved God's organization is mandatory on the excuse that no one can really learn the truth outside such organization, you authoritatively argued that Saul, after his convertion on the way to Damascus, had to first go and receive tutelage on the Good News from the disciples in Jerusalem before becoming qualified to evangelize; and you misquoted Bible verses in defense of such heretic claim. You specifically referenced the verses where Paul was asked to go into Damascus for his sight to be restored by Ananias, and then you presented it to mean he was by that being asked to go back to Jerusalem to meet the other Apostles to get tutored as a new convert. But I had to show you that Paul was actually asked to go into the City of Damascus to get his sight restored and that after being healed by Ananias, he met with the believers there who were totally separate from and had nothing to do with the ones in Jerusalem. Then I showed you Galatians 1:11-12 where Paul later made it clear that he never underwent any teaching under the disciples or any human being.. not even Ananias who restored his sight.

Are all these not evidences that you speak not really from the scriptures but from your own mind guided by the human laws and assumptions dumped on you by some 8 sinful men like you in New York hence you don't win arguments? You can't win arguments about the Christian faith because you don't speak from the Bible but forge your own personal opinions and present them as if you got them from the Bible.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 6:25am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
Senseless and delusional psychopaths that's able to gather almost 9,000,000 individuals from different tongues and tribes and peoples together under one umbrella and making all of them obedient to specific instructions as a happy global family{Revelations 14:6,7}
Hmmmmmmmm you're making REAL sense Sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy
And that is the very person who has been pontificating on issues of insultive language. Hypocrite!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:43am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Once again quoting Bible verses in isolation and jumping into conclusion.
Was the question the Pharisees brought to Jesus in that passage an old question being repeated or an altogether new one? Can you show me another instance in which they had once asked Jesus that same question? Like I too have been doing to you, Jesus answered that question with logical arguments woven around citations from the scriptures because that was the first time they asked him that question. And the Bible didn't say there that "....the Pharisees stopped asking him questions from that day on because they got tired of it."
What it rather says is "... and from that day on no one (including those who believed in Him hence never disagreed with Him) dared ask Him any question again. The Bible is silent as to what their reasons were, but you have as usual smuggled in tiredness into that place. Ojoro doctrine!
And for the bolded, take a look at the mirror and you'll see who is really presumptuous and wanting to win arguments even if by misquoting or quoting the Bible out of context.
Wasn't it you that once accused me on another thread of not allowing JWs win arguments to which I wondered whether the kingdom of God is about winning arguments and talk talk talk, or displaying the power of God as Paul the Apostle told the Corinthian Church?
If you perceive that you are not being allowed to win arguments and it pains you that much, then it is obvious you are the one desperately after winning arguments. Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
I have never sought to win arguments because I don't ever see myself as the one debating with you in the first instance. I rather see the Bible speaking through me. And that exactly is why you who speak out of your own accord and human knowledge keep failing.
For example, on a thread different from this where you laboured in vain to prove that belonging to a so-called approved God's organization is mandatory on the excuse that no one can really learn the truth outside such organization, you authoritatively argued that Paul the Apostle was thought the Good News by the other Apostles and misquoted Bible verses in respect of such claim. You specifically referenced the verses where Paul was asked to go into Damascus for his sight to be restored by Ananias, and then you presented it to mean he was by that being asked to go back to Jerusalem to meet the other Apostles to get tutored as a new convert. But I had to show you that Paul was asked to go into the City of Damascus and that after being healed by Ananias, he met with the believers there who were totally separate from and had nothing to do with the ones in Jerusalem. Then I showed you Galatians 1:11-12 where Paul made it clear that he never underwent any teaching under the disciples or any human being.. not even Ananias who restored his sight.

Are all these not evidences that you speak not really from the scriptures but from your own mind guided by the human laws and assumptions dumped on you by some 8 sinful men like you in New York hence you don't win arguments? You can't win arguments about the Christian faith because you don't speak from the Bible but forge your own personal opinions and present them as if you got them from the Bible.
Just imagine if you can divulge such lengthy write-ups like this into a tactful discussion with your neighbours i think it will help you to be more effective in preaching and teaching with efficacy than Jehovah's Witnesses. So keep it up and don't keep it to yourself but rather try to help others understand it the way you do. That's exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing even though you're trying to prove yourselves wiser spiritually than them,so let people know it by making everyone understand the specific commands your own Jesus give you because Jehovah's Witnesses are zealously and industriously doing their best FOR THEIR OWN Jesus even though you keep asserting it's just the idea of some New Yorkers! wink wink wink

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 6:48am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
If you're really an intellectual you should have noticed that i NEVER agreed with that worthless term "denomination" for once! My believe is "if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses,you're not a Christian" so going by Tatime's idea, their is NOTHING like denomination in Christianity. It's either you're a Christian{JW} or an unbeliever! wink wink wink

Jesus spoke about establishing his Church and not kingdom Halls. So those who call themselves Kingdom Halls are not Christians for whom Jesus established churches.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 6:56am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
Just imagine if you can divulge such lengthy write-ups like this into a tactful discussion with your neighbours i think it will help you to be more effective in preaching and teaching with efficacy than Jehovah's Witnesses. So keep it up and don't keep it to yourself but rather try to help others understand it the way you do. That's exactly what Jehovah's Witnesses are doing even though you're trying to prove yourselves wiser spiritually than them,so let people know it by making everyone understand the specific commands your own Jesus give you because Jehovah's Witnesses are zealously and industriously doing their best FOR THEIR OWN Jesus even though you keep asserting it's just the idea of some New Yorkers! wink wink wink
Thrash as expected. Repond to my posers with Bible verses as evidences. This is a NL debate thread so whoever comes into it comes for debate regardless of his evangelism efforts outside which is no other person's business here.
Didn't you, in your quest to prove your heretic doctrine of compulsory membership of your publishing company, claim authoritatively that Paul had to compulsorily undergo tutelage under the Apostles in Jerusalem in order to qualify for God's approval? Weren't you proven wrong with Galatians 1:11-12 where Paul with his own hands wrote that he didn't receive tutelage about Jesus from any human being? And this heresy is what you are here commending your organization for having spread over centuries and still spreading. Until you address this poser, you remain a victim of 8 manipulation experts in New York and now Warwick hence you can't be taken seriously.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

And that is the very person who has been pontificating on issues of insultive language. Hypocrite!
You called them "senseless and delusional psychopaths" and i reminded you the unequalled,indisputable,obvious achievements of this New Yorkers. Just know that what this 8 OLD men did with their so called whatever is remarkable and it's the field where all those claiming religious overseers across the globe have failed to perform! Isaiah 2:2-4 compared to John 17:22
Instead of shouting,agitating and crying foul! I think it will make more sense if you and all your none denominational folks can truthfully become one so that observers can notice it.Matthew 5:14 wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Thrash as expected. Repond to my posers with Bible verses as evidences. This is a NL debate thread so whoever comes into it comes for debate regardless of his evangelism efforts outside which is no other person's business here.
Didn't you, in your quest to prove your heretic doctrine of compulsory membership of your publishing company, claim authoritatively that Paul had to compulsorily undergo tutelage under the Apostles in Jerusalem in order to qualify for God's approval? Weren't you proven wrong with Galatians 1:11-12 where Paul with his own hands wrote that he didn't receive tutelage about Jesus from any human being? And this heresy is what you are here commending your organization for having spread over centuries and still spreading. Until you address this poser, you remain a victim of 8 manipulation experts in New York and now Warwick hence you can't be taken seriously.
Exactly what i'm still saying Sir!
Try to comport yourselves well{1Peter 3:15} in order to impact or impress all these knowledge in the minds of your neighbours because THIS IS WHAT Jehovah's Witnesses are doing. And it's giving them all the credits that you so much desire! 1Peter 2:12 wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 20, 2019
rodeo0070:

You are absolutely correct.

I'm not one of them but I'm amazed with their mode of operation. Their AWAKE magazine is one of the most informative in the world. I started reading their magazine since 1995. Then, there was this Neighbour of ours, a Bank Manager of Cooperative Bank. Every Sunday, him, his wife and 3 children will be trekking from house to house preaching. I was amazed 'cos this man has a big car (Nissan Laurel, Lol). I'm like this makes senses, leaving your comfort to talk about God to others. This drew me to them then. They dress well and neat, speak simple english, prolifically and confidently and well grounded on many issues. I must confess, their views on how to tackle issues has helped me in a way i can't quantify. In my career, money, disposition towards others etc.

By the way, you don get their mobile APP?
@Deadlytruth
Please Sir watch this!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 20, 2019
major466:
Sending you a slice pic of what they wrote and believe as their doctrine will not give you a clear picture of why Jehovah witness do not worship nor regard Jesus Christ as GOD. You have to read the whole book itself to get the exact picture of where they STAND regarding the DIVINITY of Jesus Christ.
There are two books I will like you to buy and read. Both books are very authoritative and writting by Jehovahs Witness themselves.
The names of the books are: ''You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth'', and ''Revelation; Its Grand Climax at Hand!''.
Both are very old books and very interesting to read, all written in the 80s.
@Deadlytruth embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 20, 2019
iamrealdeji:
I'm a muslim but I love Jehovah Witnesses so much,they come to my house every sunday and we talk about life,afterlife etc,my mum is an Alhaja and she does too,she entertains Jehovah witness folks and even offers them food cos you just gotta like this people cos of the way they interact with everybody, they're very intelligent,hardworking and educated folks and they don't discriminate,they don't hate,they're just trying to change the world positively. To me,they're the best christians in the world. Also,i have learned a lot from those that come to my house
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 20, 2019
anangboy:
I have always been receptive to Jehovah Witnesses. They are one denomination i can always sense the sincerity of purpose and unalloyed zeal to preach their faith. They are more about reaching souls than the growth rate of their church. And to me, they have the best thought-provoking publications, whether the topic is on Molecular Biology, Quantum Physics or Epistemology.

Their simplicity, yet delicateness, chides me of my own failings and strengthens my resolve to bridle my excesses. They are always welcome to my door.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 7:26am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
Exactly what i'm still saying Sir!
Try to comport yourselves well{1Peter 3:15} in order to impact or impress all these knowledge in the minds of your neighbours because THIS IS WHAT Jehovah's Witnesses are doing. And it's giving them all the credits that you so much desire! 1Peter 2:12 wink wink wink
Always shifting the goalpost. Of what relevance are these verses to the demand for you to prove that Paul the Apostle belonged to an organization from which he received tutelage for God's approval contrary to what Paul himself later said in Galatians 1:11-12?
Well, the Bible verses has to a large extent showed us that what you are doing is the spread of heresy even though you appear to receive commendation of men whom Jesus say will hate those who genuinely follow his instructions and tell men the truth. If the world loves you and gives you credit, then you can't really be of Christ. Jesus Himself said so. Think about it critically.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 20, 2019

I remember travelling to england and we had this youth week in reedemed so we went to evangelize in the streets knocking doors also, until we came to a white mans house, he recieved all of us into his living room, gave us water and told us to preach, eventually he started talking too and we got to find out he was a JW pastor (if i recall right), he gave us a bible too. Je hova witness are nice people but what do you people believe that is different from the mainstream christian, that is what i need to know?
@ Deadlytruth
Common my friend, do you still think Tatime wrote all that simply to support a religious group that doesn't belong to my biological father
That's what i believe Peter is saying! 1Peter 2:12 undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 7:32am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
Was Jesus commended by those who didn't belong to his fold?
In Luke 6:26 Jesus says: Woe onto you when men speak well of you; their ancestors said the very same things about the false prophets.
Does this ring a bell?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 7:35am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
@ Deadlytruth
Common my friend, do you still think Tatime wrote all that simply to support a religious group that doesn't belong to my biological father
That's what i believe Peter is saying! 1Peter 2:12 undecided undecided undecided
It is simple.
Woe onto you when men speak well of you; their ancestors said the very same things about the false prophets....Luke 6:26
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Peacefullove: 7:38am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Look at this fool. Did the verse say "And hell fire delivered the souls of the dead which were in it"?
Go and read the Bible with an independent mind and stop dancing to the ever changing tunes of your manipulators? If lake of fire means grave, then how come grave was thrown into it, i.e. grave was thrown into a grave. Can you bury a grave inside another grave? Foolish Zombie!

You are getting nailed. The bold still need a concrete answer, Are u saying hell in that Rev 20v13 is not hellfire?? If Souls are presently in hell, are Souls also trapped in the sea?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 7:43am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
@ Deadlytruth

John 15:19 says If you belonged to the world, then the world would love you as its own.
The person who professed love and commendations for you in that piece is clearly of the world and made it clear himself.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 7:47am On Feb 20, 2019
Peacefullove:

You are getting nailed. The bold still need a concrete answer, Are u saying hell in that Rev 20v13 is not hellfire?? If Souls are presently in hell, are Souls also trapped in the sea?

Comprehension problem. Did that verse say that the sea gave up the souls in it? Don't we understand from Jesus's "fear he who can kill the body but not the soul...." that the soul doesn't die along with the body hence couldn't be in the grave on land or in the seas? Read it again but slowly this time.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Peacefullove: 7:48am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Cry me a river! You have been mauled, bursted and demolished. You didn't say anything new in the above response but just repeating your earlier rantings like a broken record player, neither did you address any of the posers raised.
So the false prophets have become imaginary again? I thought your publishing company already says all other Christian groups are the false prophets? So all those other Christian groups are imaginary?
Yes I said grave and death are used metaphorically in some verses in reference to the devil and I substantiated it with citations in Hebrews. Is your brain paining you that you can't just look it up?

Typical lying nairaland xtian, death is not devil, No bible verse ever said so. U now have to resort to twisting to escape, no way. Is it devil that release the dead in it?

Matthew 10:28 says: Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather be afraid of God, who can destroy both body and soul in hell.

If humans can kill the body but can't kill the soul, doesn't that tell you clearly that when a person dies, his body goes to the grave while his soul remains alive and moves to either heaven or hell fire for judgement, and on the last day both his body and soul get punished by God?
Didn't Paul the Apostle say in Hebrews 9:27 that: "For man is destined to die, and judgement follows thereafter"? How does judgement follow thereafter if both his body and soul go to the grave and remain there? Do God and the angels go to meet the person in his grave and judge him there or that a part of the person (the soul) goes to meet God and the angels at His throne to face judgement? Which between these two make more sense?
If lake of fire means grave as you are struggling and sweating to make us believe, then how come grave was cast into the lake of fire, i.e. grave was buried in a grave? Can't you see you are demented and suffering from manipulation as a Zombie?
And you have kept on avoiding my question that "Will you be bold enough to stick to this your current position the day your manipulators suddenly tell you they've seen a brighter light and adjust what you currently believe about hell and grave?" Until you answer this, you remain a big fool.

Jesus said body and soul in hell

Deadlytruth is preaching soul alone in hell

Who is lying btw u and Jesus?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Always shifting the goalpost. Of what relevance are these verses to the demand for you to prove that Paul the Apostle belonged to an organization from which he received tutelage for God's approval contrary to what Paul himself later said in Galatians 1:11-12?
Well, the Bible verses has to a large extent showed us that what you are doing is the spread of heresy even though you appear to receive commendation of men whom Jesus say will hate those who genuinely follow his instructions and tell men the truth. If the world loves you and gives you credit, then you can't really be of Christ. Jesus Himself said so. Think about it critically.
Hmmmmmmmmm that's exactly what i've been saying since! If Christianity is to be a none denominational thing,please how will the hatred become obvious as in manifest.When their is no specific GROUP to be IDENTIFIED as real Christians
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 7:54am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmm that's exactly what i've been saying since! If Christianity is to be a none denominational thing,please how will the hatred become obvious as in manifest.When their is no specific GROUP to be IDENTIFIED as real Christians
The false prophets about whom the ancestors also said similar good things were identified not as a formal group or organization but because they had the spread of falsehood in common. Likewise, JWs and all other groups like Mormons, and all individuals which are all united by the spread falsehood are loved and commended by the world.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Peacefullove: 7:57am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Comprehension problem. Did that verse say that the sea gave up the souls in it? Don't we understand from Jesus's "fear he who can kill the body but not the soul...." that the soul doesn't die along with the body hence couldn't be in the grave on land or in the seas? Read it again but slowly this time.

Hahahahahaha u have far bigger comprehension issue. Souls with Body are in hell, Jesus said BODY, BoDy BoDy and Soul in hell to finalize it

If hell now release the dead in it, Is it soul and body it release or are u telling this thread Jesus is a liar??
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 7:59am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
If you're really an intellectual you should have noticed that i NEVER agreed with that worthless term "denomination" for once! My believe is "if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses,you're not a Christian" so going by Tatime's idea, their is NOTHING like denomination in Christianity. It's either you're a Christian{JW} or an unbeliever! wink wink wink

TATIME: If you're really an intellectual you should have noticed that i NEVER agreed with that worthless term "denomination" for once!

Achorladey: No one is forcing you to AGREE with the WORTHLESS term DENOMINATION. It's just a pity the LEADER of the ORGANIZATION you are a member of knows you are one of the many CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION. That's why whenever they go to COURT fighting they seek RIGHT other Christian denomination have to freedom of WORSHIP.

TATIME: My believe is "if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses,you're not a Christian"

Achorladey: Obviously from the above CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL is not a CHRISTIAN.

TATIME: so going by Tatime's idea, their is NOTHING like denomination in Christianity.

Achorladey: It's all in the name......TATIME'S IDEA.

TATIME: It's either you're a Christian{JW} or an unbeliever!

Achorladey: John 3:16 -18 For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that EVERYONE(NOT JWS alone) who BELIEVES in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 The ONE WHO BELIEVES in him is not condemned. The one who does not BELIEVE has been condemned already, because he has not BELIEVED in the NAME of the ONE and ONLY SON of GOD. 

Hairyrapunzel made a case of you putting JW in parentheses, that on its own proves your DENOMINATION SAGA.

I leave you with this PARAMETER the LEADERS of the ORGANIZATION you are a MEMBER of stated about those that will not be destroyed as part of God's enemies as captured in chapter 21 of the footnote to paragraph 5 on page 223 of the GOD'S KINGDOM RULE BOOK .......

It seems reasonable that the destruction of "Babylon the Great" refers mainly to the destruction of the RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS( is the Christian congregation of Jehovah's witnesses part of such RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS?), not to a wholesale slaughter of all RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. Hence, MOST of BABYLON former ADHERENTS will survive that DESTRUCTION and, AT LEAST OPENLY, will then LIKELY distance THEMSELVES from RELIGION as indicated at Zechariah 13:4-6.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Was Jesus commended by those who didn't belong to his fold?
In Luke 6:26 Jesus says: Woe onto you when men speak well of you; their ancestors said the very same things about the false prophets.
Does this ring a bell?
Hmmmmmmmm these guys are typing all these regarding the EFFECTS Jehovah's Witnesses teachings has on them! John 7:46
Take note that IT IS THE DOCTRINES that has left indisputable mark on them coupled with the virtuous attitudes of JWs! Matthew 7:15-20
You're mixing two things together Sir, JWs are winning the hearts of these people NOT by spectacular shows of magical acts you call signs and wonders but with the FRUIT of God's holy spirit! Galatians 5:22,23 wink wink wink
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 8:01am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:

A moslem is part and parcel of the world whom Jesus said would love those who belong to the world like them and hate his true followers. Do Muslims love Jesus? Don't they deny His Sonship and redemptive death? Don't they deny his virgin birth? And such are the kind of people who love and commend JWs. Can't you through that see through all these that your organization fits perfectly into what Jesus described as what Jesus meant by "its own" in his declaration that the world would love its own?
You JWs hate the true Christians because their teachings differ from yours. Likewise, moslems hate them too for doctrinal differences.
Now, For moslems to love JWs can only mean that they perceive you as sharing their beliefs that Jesus is not the Messiah, he is not the Son of God, he didn't die physically, his birth wasn't imaculate, etc. Think about it.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

The false prophets about whom the ancestors also said similar good things were identified not as a formal group or organization but because they had the spread of falsehood in common. Likewise, JWs and all other groups like Mormons, and all individuals which are all united by the spread falsehood are loved and commended by the world.
That's why i keep saying "practice your own Christianity so that what Jesus said about the light could be equally applied to you as a group" oh sorry. IN PERSON! Matthew 5:14-16 cheesy cheesy cheesy
At least Jehovah's Witnesses are known in all the neighbourhood as a group to be vilified. Matthew 5:11,12
And Jehovah's Witnesses are given credits by some individuals. 1Peter 2:12,3:15
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 20, 2019
achorladey:

TATIME: If you're really an intellectual you should have noticed that i NEVER agreed with that worthless term "denomination" for once!

Achorladey: No one is forcing you to AGREE with the WORTHLESS term DENOMINATION. It's just a pity the LEADER of the ORGANIZATION you are a member of knows you are one of the many CHRISTIAN DENOMINATION. That's why whenever they go to COURT fighting they seek RIGHT other Christian denomination have to freedom of WORSHIP.

TATIME: My believe is "if you're not one of Jehovah's Witnesses,you're not a Christian"

Achorladey: Obviously from the above CHARLES TAZE RUSSELL is not a CHRISTIAN.

TATIME: so going by Tatime's idea, their is NOTHING like denomination in Christianity.

Achorladey: It's all in the name......TATIME'S IDEA.

TATIME: It's either you're a Christian{JW} or an unbeliever!

Achorladey: John 3:16 -18 For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that EVERYONE(NOT JWS alone) who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 The ONE WHO BELIEVES in him is not condemned. The one who does not believe has been condemned already, because he has not believed in the NAME of the ONE and ONLY SON of GOD. 

Hairyrapunzel made a case of you putting JW in parentheses, that on its own proves your DENOMINATION SAGA.

I leave you with this PARAMETER the LEADERS of the ORGANIZATION you are a MEMBER of stated about those that will not be destroyed as part of God's enemies as captured in chapter 21 of the footnote to paragraph 5 on page 223 of the GOD'S KINGDOM RULE BOOK .......

It seems reasonable that the destruction of "Babylon the Great" refers mainly to the destruction of the RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS( is the Christian congregation of Jehovah's witnesses part of such RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS?), not to a wholesale slaughter of all RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. Hence, MOST of BABYLON former ADHERENTS will survive that DESTRUCTION and, AT LEAST OPENLY, will then LIKELY distance THEMSELVES from RELIGION as indicated at Zechariah 13:4-6.
Well-done Pastor achorladey,more grease to your elbow Sir! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 20, 2019
Deadlytruth:

A moslem is part and parcel of the world whom Jesus said would love those who belong to the world like them and hate his true followers. Do Muslims love Jesus? Don't they deny His Sonship and redemptive death? Don't they deny his virgin birth? And such are the kind of people who love and commend JWs. Can't you through that see through all these that your organization fits perfectly into what Jesus described as what Jesus meant by "its own" in his declaration that the world would love its own?
You JWs hate the true Christians because their teachings differ from yours. Likewise, moslems hate them too for doctrinal differences.
Now, For moslems to love JWs can only mean that they perceive you as sharing their beliefs that Jesus is not the Messiah, he is not the Son of God, he didn't die physically, his birth wasn't imaculate, etc. Think about it.
Hmmmmmmm i'm thinking about it Sir
*immortality of the soul
*eternal torment of defaulters
*all good people go to heaven
*seasonal festivals like Easter,Christmas,New-year,Fastings,Edl Fitri,Edl Kabir,Edl Mouloud,Valentine and like which brings all of you together for feasting and wining.
*naming ceremony
*vigils
*birthdays
*wake~keeping
*cross~over vigils
*religious titles and so on!
Yes Sir Muslims and JWs share exactly the same beliefs! Oponu~Olodocheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 8:31am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmm these guys are typing all these regarding the EFFECTS Jehovah's Witnesses teachings has on them! John 7:46
Take note that IT IS THE DOCTRINES that has left indisputable mark on them coupled with the virtuous attitudes of JWs! Matthew 7:15-20
You're mixing two things together Sir, JWs are winning the hearts of these people NOT by spectacular shows of magical acts you call signs and wonders but with the FRUIT of God's holy spirit! Galatians 5:22,23 wink wink wink
Quoting Bible verses in isolation again. When will you stop this please?
The issue in John 7:46 started right from verse 38 and 39 of that chapter where Jesus spoke about the coming of the Holy Spirit which would give his followers the powers to do wonders and also teach them the scriptures perfectly without mistakes, hence the soldiers said "no one speaks like this man" in verse 46. Isn't it therefore laughable that you are trying to put into the picture of that passage your organization which doesn't believe in the Holy Spirit hence denies the role of signs and wonders from the Holy Spirit and in addition always makes mistakes in scrptural interpretation thus always adjusting its doctrines as against the consistence which whoever is guided genuinely by the Holy Spirit should showcase?
False prophets whom Jesus spoke of also won the love of their followers with their doctrines.
By attitude, JWs are known to be hypocrites who preach non participation in war but pledged allegiance to Adolf Hitler in his war against the Jews and big business in the US and UK, ask its members to bear arms for defence of self and their beliefs while preaching against arms bearing, shield child abusers among them from the law, etc. So what impression can all these make on anyone if not the gullible and ignorant?
You forgot to tell us that the previous verses of the same Galatians 5 you referenced above tell us the attributes of the evil ones as drunkenness which your members indulge in, envy which you openly profess for the genuine Christians in your publications, encouraging of ism and schism by way of asking others to leave their religious groups and join your publishing company as the only condition to a paradise on earth, boastfulness which your organization does and you have always been doing here about your meaningless efforts as against the clear injunction that men are put right with God through faith in Christ and not by their efforts... Romans 3:28, Galatians. 2:16...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Deadlytruth(m): 8:35am On Feb 20, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmm i'm thinking about it Sir
*immortality of the soul
*eternal torment of defaulters
*all good people go to heaven
*seasonal festivals like Easter,Christmas,New-year,Fastings,Edl Fitri,Edl Kabir,Edl Mouloud,Valentine and like which brings all of you together for feasting and wining.
*naming ceremony
*vigils
*birthdays
*wake~keeping
*cross~over vigils
*religious titles and so on!
Yes Sir Muslims and JWs share exactly the same beliefs! Oponu~Olodocheesy cheesy cheesy

And you haven't been able to point out one single verse in the Bible where fasting, vigils, birthday celebrations, cross over vigils, tithing, titles and the rest are forbidden. Shame onto you! False prophets disguising as angels!

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — Answering God's Call / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.