Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,390 members, 7,853,745 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (377561 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 04, 2016
Back to the question raised by dolphinheart who was talking in revelation 1:8. let scripture interpret scripture
vs8 I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the ending,saith the Lord, which is, and which was,and which is to come the Almighty.
vs10&12 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me A GREAT VOICE, as of a trumpet,
vs 11 saying, I am Alpha and Omega,the first and the last:and,what thou seest, write in a book and send it unto Ephesus and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos , and untoThyatira, and unto Sardis and unto Philadelphia and unto Laodicea
vs12 AND I TURNED TO SEE THE VOICE THAT SPAKE WITH ME.(guess who he saw?)And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
vs 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks ONE LIKE UNTO THE SON OF MAN,clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 6:52pm On May 04, 2016
O Shame on you dolhpinheart, are you ramping and raging because I had added Jesus's name only because I don't really believe you know who is and who was, and who is coming.
So I was just pointing it out to you who the verse is referring too, {Revelation 1:4} Grace and peace from Him, who is who was, and who is to come, this scripture is talking about {Jesus}
But as usual you have turned yourself up side down, dolhpinheart are you really this dumb, that not even you can see your argument really isn't going places. You are using everything you can find to go up against me, and of course the word. But listen you can't beat the word of God, the word had already won the victory.
{Revelation 1:6} God had sent His angel to pass on His message to John. V 8 and is it God claiming He is "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end says the Lord God?
{Exodus 3:14} Is God the I Am and {John 8:56-59} Jesus is I Am at the same time.
Does this mean, Jesus was and is God, the second person of the God head equal to the Father in every way?
Hebrews 1:7 proves to us that He made his angels Spirits, while the JW's believe otherwise, Michael became a man.
dolphinheart:

YOU ARE A LIAR BROCAB. PROVE ME WRONG BY SHOWING US WHERE YOU QUOTED AND EXPLAINED REV 1:6.

Pls quote and explain rev 1:1, 4-6.
pls tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12
pls explain heb 1:9

You quoted 2 verses out of how many? you are not even ashamed that you left it at just quoting, you could not explain.

I've promised to explain rev 1:7,8 to you once you can do this, cus understanding those scriptures is integral to the explanation.

I've I've shown you prove of my allegations against you, you could not prove it wrong that's why you refused to quote my post.
you added the word "jesus" in the middle of a verse, but when asked about the verse, you removed the word when quoting the verse again. If you are sure of your addition , you would have left it their when quoting that verse again.

why did you remove the word "jesus" you added earlier, cus the next two verses shows you are wrong to have added it. This fact you can't disprove!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 7:19pm On May 04, 2016
solite3:
Back to the question raised by dolphinheart who was talking in revelation 1:8. let scripture interpret scripture
vs8 I am alpha and omega, the beginning and the ending,saith the Lord, which is, and which was,and which is to come the Almighty.
vs10&12 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me A GREAT VOICE, as of a trumpet,
vs 11 saying, I am Alpha and Omega,the first and the last:and,what thou seest, write in a book and send it unto Ephesus and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos , and untoThyatira, and unto Sardis and unto Philadelphia and unto Laodicea
vs12 AND I TURNED TO SEE THE VOICE THAT SPAKE WITH ME.(guess who he saw?)And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
vs 13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks ONE LIKE UNTO THE SON OF MAN,clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

pls quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6
pls quote and explain heb 1:9
pls tell us who is talking in rev 3: 2,12

they are an integral part of understanding rev 1:7,8
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 8:42pm On May 04, 2016
brocab:
O Shame on you dolhpinheart, are you ramping and raging because I had added Jesus's name only because I don't really believe you know who is and who was, and who is coming.
So I was just pointing it out to you who the verse is referring too, {Revelation 1:4} Grace and peace from Him, who is who was, and who is to come, this scripture is talking about {Jesus}
But as usual you have turned yourself up side down, dolhpinheart are you really this dumb, that not even you can see your argument really isn't going places. You are using everything you can find, but listen you can't beat the word of God, the word had already won the victory.

So now you admit that you added "jesus" to the verse earlier, good mission accomplished!,

now is the person who was, who is and who is to come jesus Christ!? no ooooo ooooo!

you know this , that's why you refused to quote the next two verses, even after you had been asked several times, you decided to lie that you have quoted and explained verse 6

rev 1:4-6
4 John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
Grace and peace to you FROM him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and FROM the seven spirits before his throne,
5 and FROM Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve HIS GOD AND FATHER —to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

brocab, explain those greetings of John to us pls, tell us who those greetings are FROM!, do not shorten these and try to identify only one of them!

If you are able to, pls take your time and explain verse 6!

also tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 8:58pm On May 04, 2016
I am waiting for you, to give me a pad on the back-it has taken you all this time to understand the scriptures, and finely you agree?
Stop giving me the small talk, everyone in their right mind could see I had added Jesus name Only because you had asked me to tell you' who is Speaking in each of the verses. so I did' and or I heard from you, was winch, because I added Jesus name in comer's.

{Revelation 3:2-12} If this isn't Jesus talking' then who is?
Plus I need to here it from you-Who do you say' who is and who was and who is to come? Do you also believe the Alpha and the Omega is another person too?
dolphinheart:

So now you admit that you added "jesus" to the verse earlier, good mission accomplished!,

now is the person who was, who is and who is to come jesus Christ!? no ooooo ooooo!

you know this , that's why you refused to quote the next two verses, even after you had been asked several times, you decided to lie that you have quoted and explained verse 6

rev 1:4-6
4 John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
Grace and peace to you FROM him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and FROM the seven spirits before his throne,
5 and FROM Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve HIS GOD AND FATHER —to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

brocab, explain those greetings of John to us pls, tell us who those greetings are FROM!, do not shorten these and try to identify only one of them!

If you are able to, pls take your time and explain verse 6!

also tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:01am On May 05, 2016
dolphinheart:

pls quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6
pls quote and explain heb 1:9

they are an integral part of understanding rev 1:7,8
i can't quote the whole bible,i av given u enough bible verse to help u out bt u ignored it.u av realised d truth bt u re just playing to d gallery. u av now known who is talking in vs 11 and the voice addressed himself as Alpha n omega.tank God u av agreed who was speaking.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 8:23am On May 05, 2016
solite3

solite3:
another question again. do u av a bible pls do what the men at Berea did by going through the bible to see if paul was saying the truth not asking Paul meaningless questions OK.God bless.

Thanks for the advice, you will agree that for me to be like the beroans I need examine what you are saying to know if they are true.

recall that:

my discussion with you was based on how can we be sure that Jesus is Jehovah God , which I sited psalm 83:18 where Jehovah is called THE MOST HIGH

i asked u if Jesus is the most high, and you replied with Matthew 28:18

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

to let you know I read that scripture, but like the beroans , I need to examine if this verse support ur claim, and I found the underlined.

solite3, u gave me the verse .. I expected to answer any question that might arise if what u are teaching is true.

Remember various people are looking at this thread, and failure to answer this question will show you as a man set out to deceive not only me but everyone looking at the thread.

according to matthew 28:18, solite3 CAN THE MOST HIGH BE GIVEN AUTHORITY ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 8:55am On May 05, 2016
first I appreciate ur candid gesture.The answer to your question is definitely no the most high cannot be given what he already had except he first put it down to receive it again.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 9:10am On May 05, 2016
solite3

solite3:
first I appreciate ur candid gesture. The answer to your question is definitely no the most high cannot be given what he already had

that means Jesus is not the most high .

but u raise an objection below.

except he first put it down to receive it again

without wasting much of our time, there is no reason why the Most High will put down his authority in the first place . he is not doing the will of anyone

receive it again ? from who .. the most High cant receive anything from anyone, he is SUPREME

based on this , Its definitely clear that our Lord Jesus Christ is not the Most High Jehovah God.

thanks for your time.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:50pm On May 05, 2016
brocab:
I am waiting for you, to give me a pad on the back-it has taken you all this time to understand the scriptures, and finely you agree?
Stop giving me the small talk, everyone in their right mind could see I had added Jesus name Only because you had asked me to tell you' who is Speaking in each of the verses. so I did' and or I heard from you, was winch, because I added Jesus name in comer's.

{Revelation 3:2-12} If this isn't Jesus talking' then who is?
Plus I need to here it from you-Who do you say' who is and who was and who is to come? Do you also believe the Alpha and the Omega is another person too?

YOU ARE NOT ONLY A LIAR , YOU ARE CHIEF OF LIARS.
where did I tell you to tell us who is talking each of the verses!?

Here is my request again brocab:
pls quote and then explain the following scriptures
rev 1: 1,4-6
heb 1:9

you have not done this, you think splitting the verses into different comments will help you, it will not!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:58pm On May 05, 2016
solite3:
i can't quote the whole bible,i av given u enough bible verse to help u out bt u ignored it.u av realised d truth bt u re just playing to d gallery. u av now known who is talking in vs 11 and the voice addressed himself as Alpha n omega.tank God u av agreed who was speaking.

readers should note that the above is another way to say, "I can't quote and explain those scriptures cus they scare me and will prove my doctrines wrong!

I did not ask you to quote the whole bible.
I've already proved my allegation of you being prone to making false allegations without adding proof, you are still repeating that bad trait .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:09pm On May 05, 2016
And if I am the chief of all lairs, then why would anybody take me seriously, listen I am not interested in your request, just do the right thing and answer my question, who do you believe who is, who was, and who is to come? Because you have chosen to ignored 7-8 this proves to us viewers, you are a lair, and the word of God is not in you.
You haven't the slightest Idea how to Answer {Revelation 1:4} Nor can you Answer 1:7-8 because these verses points it out clearly what the JW's believe-Jehovah God is Jesus in person.
{Hebrews 1:5-9} In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets, V 2 But in these last day's He had spoken to us by His Son.
Are you learning the word of God yet? And again you would like me to answer them for you, {God's speaking} but the verses from 5-8 should be more of an interest to you. Archangels nor Angels were never made as men, only spirits.
The Amplified bible, {Hebrews 1:1-9 } says it like this.
V 5-For to which of the angels did the Father ever say, "You are My Son, Today I have begotten {Fathered} You, [Established You as a Son, with kindly dignity]?
And again [did He ever say to the angels] "I shall be a Father to Him, and He shall be a Son to Me"?
V 6 And when He again brings the First born, [Highest-ranking Son] into the world, He says, "And all the Angels of God are to worship Him".
V 7 And concerning the Angels He says, "Who makes the Angels winds, "And His Ministering servants flames of fire. [To do His bidding]."
V 8 But about the Son [the Father says to Him]
"Your throne O God, is forever and ever, And the Scepter of [obsolete] Righteousness is the Scepter of His Kingdom.
V 9 You have Loved righteousness [integrity, Virtue, uprightness, in purpose] And have hated lawlessness [injustice sin] Therefore your God Has anointed You. With the oil of gladness above your companion.
The Amplified bible has its ways to fully explain the words, do you agree?
dolphinheart:

YOU ARE NOT ONLY A LIAR , YOU ARE CHIEF OF LIARS.
where did I tell you to tell us who is talking each of the verses!?

Here is my request again brocab:
pls quote and then explain the following scriptures
rev 1: 1,4-6
heb 1:9

you have not done this, you think splitting the verses into different comments will help you, it will not!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:49pm On May 05, 2016
You should look at you own doctrine, none of it has any meaning to it, your religion is dead. {Revelation 3:1} {Dead man walking}
You haven't the slightest idea about the bible, you don't recognize the word of God, your teachings are from comic books, "Watchtower magazines, pictured cartoons.
Matter of fact the bible frightens you, because you would have to read it without having any pictures to explain to you what your watchtower magazines is telling you..
We have all answered your request-and we are still waiting for you to answer our request, but of course you have chosen to ignore them too.
dolphinheart:

readers should note that the above is another way to say, "I can't quote and explain those scriptures cus they scare me and will prove my doctrines wrong!

I've already proved my allegation of you being prone to making false allegations without adding proof, you are still repeating that bad trait .
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 7:49pm On May 05, 2016
brocab:
And if I am the chief of all lairs, then why would anybody take me seriously, listen I am not interested in your request, just do the right thing and answer my question, who do you believe who is, who was, and who is to come? Because you have chosen to ignored 7-8 this proves to us viewers, you are a lair, and the word of God is not in you.
imagine , I accused you of lying and you can't defend yourself , you can't show prove where I asked you to tell who is talking in all the verses. These shows that my accusations are true!

you try to accuse me of lying based on what I have not done, who does that!
I have not ignored your request, I told you pages ago What will make me tell you what rev 1: 7,8 is saying, and I kept on repeating that.

When you first talked about rev1: 7,8 , you made some false statement regarding those verses, there is the need for me to make you use your own words to establish that your statement are false first. hence I asked you to qoute and explain(using your own words) what you understand by what is recorded in rev 1: 1,4-6 and heb 1:9, also that you tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12.
you have vehemently refused to quote and explain these verses up till now, simply because you know that quoting and explaining them will expose you as a propagator of false teachings.

there are lots of scriptures that have accumulated, lots of questions pending, all of which you ignored,refusing to even quote and explain them, yet you feel you can accuse me of not responding to the scriptures you quoted.

You haven't the slightest Idea how to Answer {Revelation 1:4} Nor can you Answer 1:7-8 because these verses points it out clearly what the JW's believe-Jehovah God is Jesus in person.
try me na, fulfill my request on these issue and see if I wunt answer you!

{Hebrews 1:5-9} In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets, V 2 But in these last day's He had spoken to us by His Son.
Are you learning the word of God yet? And again you would like me to answer them for you, {God's speaking} but the verses from 5-8 should be more of an interest to you. Archangels nor Angels were never made as men, only spirits.
you might be confused about which verse you are quoting, but I will help you out, you quoted heb 1:1 and 2

brocab, I'll not only quote those verses, I'll attach surportin scriptures for you to understand better.
King James Version
Heb 1:1 and 2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Paul said that God had in times past spoken to mankind through the prophets, this can also be seen in jer 7:25
King James Version
Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:

Verse 28 tells us who the God that has been sending prophets to the isrealites is
Jer 7:28And you will say to them, ‘This is the nation that did not obey the voice of Jehovah their God and refused to accept discipline. Faithfulness has perished and is not even mentioned among them.’
* could not quote the kjv cus it has removed God's name from that verse

so in heb 1: 1, Paul was talking about jehovah god.
Paul now says in verse two that jehovah now spoke to us by his Son, and this son he had appointed as heir to all things.
theseveral two verses are clear indications that jehovah/God and the Son/jesus are not the same person. The person who appointed and the person being appointed are not the same person. therefore , God and Jesus are not the same person!

Mt 17:5While he was still speaking, look! a bright cloud overshadowed them, and look! a voice out of the cloud said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved. Listen to him.”

King James Version
1Co 8:6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

The Amplified bible, {Hebrews 1:1-9 } says it like this.
V 5-For to which of the angels did the Father ever say, "You are My Son, Today I have begotten {Fathered} You, [Established You as a Son, with kindly dignity]?
And again [did He ever say to the angels] "I shall be a Father to Him, and He shall be a Son to Me"?
answer: jesus!

Ps 2:2,6,7
The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.
6. Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain
7. Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah; He said to me: “You are my son; Today I have become your father.

King James Version
Ro 1:4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

King James Version
2Pe 1:16For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2Pe 1:17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

V 6 And when He again brings the First born, [Highest-ranking Son] into the world, He says, "And all the Angels of God are to worship Him".
You can see again that Jesus is not jehovah, Jesus is not the God Paul was talking about, Jesus is the first born of God !

King James Version
Joh 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Ro 8:29because those whom he gave his first recognition he also foreordained to be patterned after the image of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

King James Version
Col 1:15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

V 7 And concerning the Angels He says, "Who makes the Angels winds, "And His Ministering servants flames of fire. [To do His bidding]."
V 8 But about the Son [the Father says to Him]
"Your throne O God, is forever and ever, And the Scepter of [obsolete] Righteousness is the Scepter of His Kingdom.
V 9 You have Loved righteousness [integrity, Virtue, uprightness, in purpose] And have hated lawlessness [injustice sin] THEREFORE YOUR GOD HAS ANOINTED YOU. With the oil of gladness above your COMPANION.
The Amplified bible has its ways to fully explain the words, do you agree?
did you see the capitalised words? did you explain it? if not pls do.
does jesus have a God?

[b]Mt 28:18Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

Re 3:21To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Isa 61:1The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners,

Lu 3:21, 22Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus too was baptized. As he was praying, the heaven was opened up,22and the holy spirit in bodily form like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”

Lu 4:18“Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free,

Ps 45:6, 7God is your throne forever and ever; The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness.7You loved righteousness, and you hated wickedness. That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.[/b]

Jesus is the son of God , the firstborn. He was sent by God to save mankind , he was anointed above his companions. Jesus has a God that anointed him, that God is his father who he said sent him, who he said is the only true god, who he said is our God!

the question to you brocab, who are jesus companions?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 7:57pm On May 05, 2016
brocab:
You should look at you own doctrine, none of it has any meaning to it, your religion is dead. {Revelation 3:1} {Dead man walking}
You haven't the slightest idea about the bible, you don't recognize the word of God, your teachings are from comic books, "Watchtower magazines, pictured cartoons.
Matter of fact the bible frightens you, because you would have to read it without having any pictures to explain to you what your watchtower magazines is telling you..
We have all answered your request-and we are still waiting for you to answer our request, but of course you have chosen to ignore them too.

brocab stop lying.
pls quote and explain rev 1: 1,4-6, heb 1:9

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 05, 2016
dolphinheart:

No its anoda way of saying keep to d topic.
I've already proved my allegation of you being prone to making false allegations which allegation without adding proof,which other proof do u want apart from the bible you are still repeating that bad trait .yes sticking to scriptures
u re just trying to shift away from the issue at hand which is WHO WAS SPEAKING IN REVELATION 1 BTW u guys have a very good habit of jumping around topics .dolpineheart I can't keep on quoting verses as this will derail the thread keep to the topic at hand
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:19pm On May 05, 2016
[quote author=Barristter07 post=45328347] solite3

so says mr barrister
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 05, 2016
Barristter07:

solite3

but u raise an objection below.

without wasting much of our time, there is no reason why the Most High will put down his authority in the first place . he is not doing the will of anyone

receive it again ? from who .. the most High cant receive anything from anyone, he is SUPREME

based on this , Its definitely clear that our Lord Jesus Christ is not the Most High Jehovah God.

thanks for your time.
firstly I didn't raise any objection secondly the most high is not doing someone else's will, yes there is a reason why he put down his authority of course he can't receive anything from anyone.As for who gave Christ d glory it is his father.stop using ur human senses to ration out God
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 05, 2016
John16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine,and shall show it unto you.
as God Jesus already possess all power see what philipians2:6-9 Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery( did not cling to his equality with God):
vs 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him d form of a servant,and was made in the likeness of men:
vs8 And being found in fashion as a man,he humbled himself,and became obedient unto death,even the death of the cross.
vs9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him,and given a name which is above every name( including Michael)
even viewers av all seen who is denying the truth. dolphineheart n barrister so av u seen that d most high stripe himself of every dignity n honor just to save ur soul? that humanity's condition made him leave his throne? Jesus loves u come to him now or never
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 11:36pm On May 05, 2016
You still refuse to answer {Revelation 1:7-8} dolphinheart this proves you are a lair and the word of God is not found in you.
And you say you don't believe in the word, and yet you write {John 1:14} And the word was made flesh, and He lived among us.
Lets look at {John 1:1} In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.
This same Word you speak about' lived among us.
But you still have refused to answer the scriptures I have given you 7-8
dolphinheart:

imagine , I accused you of lying and you can't defend yourself , you can't show prove where I asked you to tell who is talking in all the verses. These shows that my accusations are true!

you try to accuse me of lying based on what I have not done, who does that!
I have not ignored your request, I told you pages ago What will make me tell you what rev 1: 7,8 is saying, and I kept on repeating that.

When you first talked about rev1: 7,8 , you made some false statement regarding those verses, there is the need for me to make you use your own words to establish that your statement are false first. hence I asked you to qoute and explain(using your own words) what you understand by what is recorded in rev 1: 1,4-6 and heb 1:9, also that you tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12.
you have vehemently refused to quote and explain these verses up till now, simply because you know that quoting and explaining them will expose you as a propagator of false teachings.

there are lots of scriptures that have accumulated, lots of questions pending, all of which you ignored,refusing to even quote and explain them, yet you feel you can accuse me of not responding to the scriptures you quoted.

try me na, fulfill my request on these issue and see if I wunt answer you!

you might be confused about which verse you are quoting, but I will help you out, you quoted heb 1:1 and 2

brocab, I'll not only quote those verses, I'll attach surportin scriptures for you to understand better.
King James Version
Heb 1:1 and 2
God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Paul said that God had in times past spoken to mankind through the prophets, this can also be seen in jer 7:25
King James Version
Since the day that your fathers came forth out of the land of Egypt unto this day I have even sent unto you all my servants the prophets, daily rising up early and sending them:

Verse 28 tells us who the God that has been sending prophets to the isrealites is
Jer 7:28And you will say to them, ‘This is the nation that did not obey the voice of Jehovah their God and refused to accept discipline. Faithfulness has perished and is not even mentioned among them.’
* could not quote the kjv cus it has removed God's name from that verse

so in heb 1: 1, Paul was talking about jehovah god.
Paul now says in verse two that jehovah now spoke to us by his Son, and this son he had appointed as heir to all things.
theseveral two verses are clear indications that jehovah/God and the Son/jesus are not the same person. The person who appointed and the person being appointed are not the same person. therefore , God and Jesus are not the same person!

Mt 17:5While he was still speaking, look! a bright cloud overshadowed them, and look! a voice out of the cloud said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved. Listen to him.”

King James Version
1Co 8:6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

answer: jesus!

Ps 2:2,6,7
The kings of the earth take their stand And high officials gather together as one Against Jehovah and against his anointed one.
6. Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain
7. Let me proclaim the decree of Jehovah; He said to me: “You are my son; Today I have become your father.

King James Version
Ro 1:4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

King James Version
2Pe 1:16For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2Pe 1:17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

You can see again that Jesus is not jehovah, Jesus is not the God Paul was talking about, Jesus is the first born of God !

King James Version
Joh 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Ro 8:29because those whom he gave his first recognition he also foreordained to be patterned after the image of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

King James Version
Col 1:15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

did you see the capitalised words? did you explain it? if not pls do.
does jesus have a God?

[b]Mt 28:18Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth.

Re 3:21To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Isa 61:1The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me, Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek. He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners,

Lu 3:21, 22Now when all the people were baptized, Jesus too was baptized. As he was praying, the heaven was opened up,22and the holy spirit in bodily form like a dove came down upon him, and a voice came out of heaven: “You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.”

Lu 4:18“Jehovah’s spirit is upon me, because he anointed me to declare good news to the poor. He sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and a recovery of sight to the blind, to send the crushed ones away free,

Ps 45:6, 7God is your throne forever and ever; The scepter of your kingdom is a scepter of uprightness.7You loved righteousness, and you hated wickedness. That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.[/b]

Jesus is the son of God , the firstborn. He was sent by God to save mankind , he was anointed above his companions. Jesus has a God that anointed him, that God is his father who he said sent him, who he said is the only true god, who he said is our God

the question to you brocab, who are jesus companions?

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2016
solite3:
u re just trying to shift away from the issue at hand which is WHO WAS SPEAKING IN REVELATION 1 BTW u guys have a very good habit of jumping around topics .dolpineheart I can't keep on quoting verses as this will derail the thread keep to the topic at hand

It is apparent you did not read the thread from the start. I've been consistent in expressing the change in topic everytime.

go back and read the thread again, IT IS NOT ABOUT WHO WAS SPEAKING IN REV 1.

pls solite3,(1) can you in your next post quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6, and heb 1:9.
(2) can you tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12?

I dnt want you to keep on quoting verses, these verses above is the one I want you to quote and explain.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2016
You replied me, but you can't respond to the scriptures posted to you, you always run from them
brocab:
You still refuse to answer {Revelation 1:7-8} dolphinheart this proves you are a lair and the word of God is not found in you.[/color]
haha, told you to try me na, are you afraid?, if not then tell us your explanation (after quoting it) of rev 1:1,4-6 and heb 1:9, quote and tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12.
After you have done that I'll tell you about rev 1: , 7,8.
pls try and prove me a liar for once by doing the above.

probably in my next post, I'll show you the numerous questions and scriptures you refused to adress and talk about.

[color=#000099]And you say you don't believe in the word, and yet you write {John 1:14} And the word was made flesh, and He lived among us.
STOP LYING BROCAB!, WHERE DID I TELL YOU OR SAY I DONT BELIEVE IN THE WORD?
I did not write john 1:14, I quoted john 1:14, a verse you could not quote in full nor explain.

Lets look at {John 1:1} In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God.
This same Word you speak about' lived among us.
But you still have refused to answer the scriptures I have given you 7-8
yes, look at John 1:1 and tell us
does God have a beginning?
how can the the word be with God and then be the same God.?

I have shown you what hebrews 1:1-9 is telling us, using other scriptures to surpport and buttress my point, as always, you failed to respond.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 4:29pm On May 06, 2016
solite3

solite3:
firstly I didn't raise any objection secondly the most high is not doing someone else's will,

You confess with your declaration at bold to further covince me and fellow readers that Jesus is not the most high Jehovah God

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me ." john 6:38

Jesus here confirms he actually came to do another persons will . , remember you said

" the most high is not doing someone else will " solite3

how can Jesus now be the most high if he does the will of someone else ?

yes there is a reason why he put down his authority of course he can't receive anything from anyone.

yes the most high cant receive ANYTHING
from anyone , but Jesus receive authority from someone, Matthew 28:18

which further prove that Jesus is not the Most High Jehovah God

As for who gave Christ d glory it is his father.

and " the Father is greater than I {Jesus} " john 14:28
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 06, 2016
Barristter07:
solite3

You confess with your declaration at bold to further covince me and fellow readers that Jesus is not the most high Jehovah God

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me ." john 6:38

Jesus here confirms he actually came to do another persons will . , remember you said

" the most high is not doing someone else will " solite3

how can Jesus now be the most high if he does the will of someone else ?

yes the most high cant receive ANYTHING
from anyone , but Jesus receive authority from someone, Matthew 28:18

which further prove that Jesus is not the Most High Jehovah God

and " the Father is greater than I {Jesus} " john 14:28

do u agree with philipians2:6-8 let's start from there. u will see y Jesus said he did not come to do his will n also y Jesus said the father is greater than him. by the way stop this ur Conny way of lieing when did I say Jesus is not the most high?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 06, 2016
dolphinheart:

It is apparent you did not read the thread from the start. I've been consistent in expressing the change in topic everytime.

go back and read the thread again, IT IS NOT ABOUT WHO WAS SPEAKING IN REV 1.

pls solite3,(1) can you in your next post quote and explain rev 1:1,4-6, and heb 1:9.
(2) can you tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12?

I dnt want you to keep on quoting verses, these verses above is the one I want you to quote and explain.
dolphineheart d issue was initially about who rev1:8 is referring to before u referred back to revelation1:4 which of course is not the issue.thats y I ignored it. as for who was speaking in revelation1:8 brocab answered rightly.
since u ve brought revelation1:4-6 let's c what it says
vs4 JOHN to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which was, and which is to come(referring to The father);and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne( referring to the Holy Spirit)
vs5 And from Jesus Christ,who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the faithful witness,and the first begotten of the of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
vs6 And hath made is kings and and priest unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.Amen.
hope I av addressed it. I will c if u will not refer back to rev1:8( which is the main issue n which had been addressed)
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 10:36pm On May 06, 2016
Of course you know these words are from God the Father. And I have quoted {Hebrews 1:1-9} and of course you have refused once again to ignore it.
First we will read {Hebrews 1:8} "But God said unto the Son-your throne O'God is forever and ever, A sceptre of righteousness and a sceptre of the kingdom.
Are you reading it, the Father said to Jesus your throne O'God is forever and ever. Why would God call himself God. if He isn't God?
V 9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.
dolphinheart:
You replied me, but you can't respond to the scriptures posted to you, you always run from them

STOP LYING BROCAB!, WHERE DID I TELL YOU OR SAY I DONT BELIEVE IN THE WORD?
I did not write john 1:14, I quoted john 1:14, a verse you could not quote in full nor explain.

yes, look at John 1:1 and tell us
does God have a beginning?
how can the the word be with God and then be the same God.?

I have shown you what hebrews 1:1-9 is telling us, using other scriptures to surpport and buttress my point, as always, you failed to respond.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:24am On May 07, 2016
solite3:
dolphineheart d issue was initially about who rev1:8 is referring to before u referred back to revelation1:4 which of course is not the issue.thats y I ignored it. as for who was speaking in revelation1:8 brocab answered rightly.
since u ve brought revelation1:4-6 let's c what it says
vs4 JOHN to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which was, and which is to come(referring to The father);and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne( referring to the Holy Spirit)
vs5 And from Jesus Christ,who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the faithful witness,and the first begotten of the of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
vs6 And hath made is kings and and priest unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.Amen.
hope I av addressed it. I will c if u will not refer back to rev1:8( which is the main issue n which had been addressed)

simple requeSt you can't understand, or rather because you understand the implications of the request, you refuse to answer it.

solite3 , pls quote and EXPLAIN reV 1:1,4-6 and heb 1:9
pls tell us who is talking in rev 3:2,12.

dnt answer halfway, dnt just quote it. You quote it then you explain what you understand by what is written there!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 12:27am On May 07, 2016
brocab:
Of course you know these words are from God the Father. And I have quoted {Hebrews 1:1-9} and of course you have refused once again to ignore it.
First we will read {Hebrews 1:8} "But God said unto the Son-your throne O'God is forever and ever, A sceptre of righteousness and a sceptre of the kingdom.
Are you reading it, the Father said to Jesus your throne O'God is forever and ever. Why would God call himself God. if He isn't God?
V 9 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

dnt just quote verse 9, explain it like you did verse 8!

look at your explanation of verse 8 again and correct yourself, expecially the question you asked. are you saying it's the father that called himself God ? or jesus called himself God ?

everyone can now see that you like to lay false accusations hence you could not respond to this:
"STOP LYING BROCAB!, WHERE DID I TELL YOU OR SAY I DONT BELIEVE IN THE WORD?"

I asked you some simple questions about john 1:1 , you could not respond to it
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Barristter07: 7:05am On May 07, 2016
solite3

solite3:
do u agree with philipians2:6-8 let's start from there. u will see y Jesus said he did not come to do his will n also y Jesus said the father is greater than him. by the way stop this ur Conny way of lieing when did I say Jesus is not the most high?

at this junction, the next you can do is contradict yourself and make yourself a liar. effect of pride

enough evidences have been gathered to the readers like me to make a decision

you solite3 declared : " the most high is not doing someone else will "

did Jesus do someone else will ? cheesy *** Exhibit A

all you can do now like I said earlier is taint ur reputation by CONTRADICTING YOURSELF and CHANGING your stance which is a sign of inconsistency.

do you now want to say the most cn do the will of someone else ?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 11:28am On May 07, 2016
Barristter07:
solite3

at this junction, the next you can do is contradict yourself and make yourself a liar. effect of pride

enough evidences have been gathered to the readers like me to make a decision

you solite3 declared : " the most high is not doing someone else will "

did Jesus do someone else will ? cheesy *** Exhibit A

all you can do now like I said earlier is taint ur reputation by CONTRADICTING YOURSELF and CHANGING your stance which is a sign of inconsistency.

do you now want to say the most cn do the will of someone else ?
u will never understand my point until u answer my first question do u agree to philipians 2:6-8 Jesus will n his father's will are the same( to save the world) that answers ur question if Jesus was doing someone else will.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by dolphinheart(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2016
solite3:
u will never understand my point until u answer my first question do u agree to philipians 2:6-8 Jesus will n his father's will are the same( to save the world) that answers ur question if Jesus was doing someone else will.

King James Version
Php 2:8And being found in fashion as a man, he HUMBLED himself, and BECAME OBEDIENT UNTO DEATH, even the death of the cross.

john 6: 38 King James Bible
For I came down from heaven, NOT TO DO MINE OWN WIL, but THE WILL OF HIM THAT SENT ME.

King James Version
Joh 8:42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; NEITHER CAME I OF MYSELF, BUT HE SENT ME.

King James Version
Mt 26:39And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless NOT AS I WILL, BUT AS THOU WILT.

King James Version
Joh 5:30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I SEEK NOT MINE OWN WILL, BUT THE WILL OF THE FATHER WHICH HATH SENT ME.

THE MOST HIGH DOES NOT DO ANYONES WILL!, JESUS IS DOING THE WILL OF THE ONE WHO SENT HIM!
jesus seeks the will of the one who sent him
jesus is obedient to the will of the one who sent him
jesus which the will of the one who sent him to be done, even till death.

that is why jesus could teach us this prayer

OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

who's will is being done in heaven? The fathers! whose will do we pray for to be done on earth? The fathers.!

Jesus wants the fathers will to be done on earth as it is being done in heaven!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 07, 2016
dolphinheart:

King James Version
Php 2:8And being found in fashion as a man, he HUMBLED himself, and BECAME OBEDIENT UNTO DEATH, even the death of the cross.

john 6: 38 King James Bible
For I came down from heaven, NOT TO DO MINE OWN WIL, but THE WILL OF HIM THAT SENT ME.

King James Version
Joh 8:42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; NEITHER CAME I OF MYSELF, BUT HE SENT ME.

King James Version
Mt 26:39And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless NOT AS I WILL, BUT AS THOU WILT.

King James Version
Joh 5:30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I SEEK NOT MINE OWN WILL, BUT THE WILL OF THE FATHER WHICH HATH SENT ME.

THE MOST HIGH DOES NOT DO ANYONES WILL!, JESUS IS DOING THE WILL OF THE ONE WHO SENT HIM!
jesus seeks the will of the one who sent him
jesus is obedient to the will of the one who sent him
jesus which the will of the one who sent him to be done, even till death.

that is why jesus could teach us this prayer

OUR FATHER which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.

who's will is being done in heaven? The fathers! whose will do we pray for to be done on earth? The fathers.!

Jesus wants the fathers will to be done on earth as it is being done in heaven!

do you agree to philipians1:6-8? simple yes or no. u n barrister should answer it

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (278) (Reply)

Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Sincere Milk — The Declaration Of Faith / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 204
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.