Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,147 members, 7,829,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (86245 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by adesanyacollins: 4:27am On Mar 24, 2016
Guys i need you to check this guys out. His good and sells legit fixed games

Whatsapp: +2348038938228

http://pin.bbm.com/C003A6F55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08bvehepnYo

His last winning video on youtube

Pls go and stop loosing money

I am happy I found a legit source atlast

Pls dont ignore just check him out
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 6:24am On Mar 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am 1998 set. I finished at 16 years old because my birthday is November. So he is within 35-36. Which is not far from my assumption.

That does not mean he could not finish at sixteen.

When Martins burst into the scene at Inter Milan (I did not hear of him when he was at Reggianna), people called him father. Meaning he was in his late twenties to thirty.

It was not so. When I met that guy, I knew Martins was above the age he claims but it was not wide as people believed.

For some1 whose official age is 31.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 6:34am On Mar 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Finidi was like Xavi on the wings. He hardly made a wayward cross.

When he hit the cross, it was when he was sure there was a good chance for a goal.

A lot of times, he pulled the ball back to keep possession when he felt the attacking players were not in place to muster an attack.

Finidi was a genius and I hope he comes back to contribute in the development of Nigerian football.

If you were Finidi and you have a stable job in Europe, why will you want to come and work in Nigeria where your salary will not be paid on time? And you will be queried if you complain?

If our system was professional and coaches were allowed to do their jobs and given the necessary support, i believe that Nigerian coaches everywhere will want to contribute their quota.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:21am On Mar 24, 2016
tbaba1234:

If you were Finidi and you have a stable job in Europe, why will you want to come and work in Nigeria where your salary will not be paid on time? And you will be queried if you complain?

If our system was professional and coaches were allowed to do their jobs and given the necessary support, i believe that Nigerian coaches everywhere will want to contribute their quota.

That is why I said I hope. Sometimes you do not do things just for money. Coach Amunike is almost working for free but we can not deny his impact in youth development.

Sometimes we sacrifice for the good of the Nation. I hope Finidi does.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:25am On Mar 24, 2016
Icon4s:

For some1 whose official age is 31.

First, we do not know how old he was when he finished secondary school. Unless you know, we can not ascertain the gap of his age.

See my earlier post.

When I say Age cheat, I mean he was not like 27 years claiming 17.

I knew a player of 36 years, claiming 18.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by chrisooblog: 9:49am On Mar 24, 2016
hey how cool is that we share the same birthday month cheesy cool depending on which day you were born i would hazard a guess you be my egbon grin

TheGoodJoe:

I am 1998 set. I finished at 16 years old because my birthday is November. So he is within 35-36. Which is not far from my assumption.

That does not mean he could not finish at sixteen.

When Martins burst into the scene at Inter Milan (I did not hear of him when he was at Reggianna), people called him father. Meaning he was in his late twenties to thirty.

It was not so. When I met that guy, I knew Martins was above the age he claims but it was not wide as people believed.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 10:28am On Mar 24, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

First, we do not know how old he was when he finished secondary school. Unless you know, we can not ascertain the gap of his age.

See my earlier post.

When I say Age cheat, I mean he was not like 27 years claiming 17.

I knew a player of 36 years, claiming 18.

Ok. I dnt want us to drag this discussion any further jst bc of the reputation of the personality involved. Info from this thread travel far.

Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins is 31yrs old. wink

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 10:30am On Mar 24, 2016
adesanyacollins:
Guys i need you to check this guys out. His good and sells legit fixed games

Whatsapp: +2348038938228

http://pin.bbm.com/C003A6F55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08bvehepnYo

His last winning video on youtube

Pls go and stop loosing money

I am happy I found a legit source atlast

Pls dont ignore just check him out

Who cares about who won what? This is a thread for football analysts and not gamblers. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by justiz5(m): 12:17am On Apr 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Golden Eaglets Skipper Nwakali To Undergo Pre-Season Training At Arsenal
[/size]

Nigeria U17 international Kelechi Nwakali has been lined up to train with Arsenal ahead of the start of the 2016-2017 season.

The central midfielder has been in London for the past two weeks, specifically March 16, to put the finishing touches on the five-year contract he has agreed with the Emirates outfit.

Arsenal will only begin processing Nwakali’s work permit in the summer when he would have attained the age of majority and the preliminary contract he signed becomes activated.

“Kelechi Nwakali is not coming back to Nigeria, he has gone to London to stay,” a representative of the Diamond/ASJ Academy star told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“He will do pre-season training with Arsenal. It is no longer in our hands if he’ll train with the first team or the Academy, they know the best for him.

“His application for a work permit can only be processed after he clocks 18.”

Kelechi Nwakali rose to prominence at the 2015 Fifa Under 17 World Cup, where he was named the Golden Ball winner and assisted the Golden Eaglets win the tournament for the fifth time.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18492
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by justiz5(m): 12:34am On Apr 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
ZAKARI IMPRESSIVE IN FIRST GAME FOR SFAXIEN
[/size]

In what can easily pass as his unofficial debut for Tunisian side CS Sfaxien Lukman Zakari played the second half of the team 2-0 friendly win over third division Tunisia side JSO stade.

17 year old Zakari came on as a second half substitute and displayed his traditional long range passes and quick thinking style of defending.

However he is still not eligible for the team in official games as he is yet to sign a professional deal which will most likely be the case when he turn 18.

Zakari was suppose to spend time with the junior side of the title chasing side but since resuming with the team two weeks ago he has been training with the main team.

He is presently with them in camp in Tunis and going by how much they rate the Nigeria U-17 World Youth Championship winner it won’t be long before he makes an impact at the team.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/03/31/zakari-impressive-in-first-game-for-sfaxien/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:35am On Apr 01, 2016
Yeah.... This is really cool news. Africanfootball.com also confirms the same thing.

K.Nwakali will turn 18 on June 05th during the beginning of Pre-season after which his work permit is finally sealed 100%.

This is exciting.... I see this kid as the Super Eagles future midfield leader like Mikel is today in the all-round CMF
role (K.Nwakali is a DMF/CMF/AMF super hybrid..... Basically a CMF who can attack/create as well as defend and dictate the tempo of a game).

Thankfully he has Iwobi (Class-act AMF and Attacking winger) to look up to from the homefront and then some super class-acts like Ozil, Cazorla, Elneny, Coquelin, Ramsey and co to learn a lot from.

Nwakali can be the next "far better" version of Arsenal's Patrick Viera.

He always bring Yaya Toure, Viera and Pirlo to mind when I watch him play or see his clips/matches over and over again.

Wow!!! Arsenal is one my favorite clubs for the growth and development of exciting young talents.

Heard they're also interested in Sadiq Umar but may lose out to Dortmund. Nigerian football is surely on the rise into a new dawn.

Out of our dark times, I see the breaking of a brand new day. #smiles

justiz5:
[b][size=14pt]
Golden Eaglets Skipper Nwakali To Undergo Pre-Season Training At Arsenal
[/size]

Nigeria U17 international Kelechi Nwakali has been lined up to train with Arsenal ahead of the start of the 2016-2017 season.

The central midfielder has been in London for the past two weeks, specifically March 16, to put the finishing touches on the five-year contract he has agreed with the Emirates outfit.

Arsenal will only begin processing Nwakali’s work permit in the summer when he would have attained the age of majority and the preliminary contract he signed becomes activated.

“Kelechi Nwakali is not coming back to Nigeria, he has gone to London to stay,” a representative of the Diamond/ASJ Academy star told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“He will do pre-season training with Arsenal. It is no longer in our hands if he’ll train with the first team or the Academy, they know the best for him.

“His application for a work permit can only be processed after he clocks 18.”

Kelechi Nwakali rose to prominence at the 2015 Fifa Under 17 World Cup, where he was named the Golden Ball winner and assisted the Golden Eaglets win the tournament for the fifth time.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18492
[/b]

4 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
7-time champions Flying Eagles get second round draw
[/size]

Nigeria won the U-20 Africa Cup of Nation in 2015; the 19th edition.

Nigeria has been drawn bye in the first round qualifying matches for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations 2017 in a statement released by the Confederation of Africa Football on Thursday.The Flying Eagles won a record 7th continental crown last year in Senegal. Bernard Bulbwa sealed a 1-0 win against host, Senegal with a 17th minute, spectacular long-range volley inside the Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor in Dakar.

The journey for places to the 20th edition of U-20 Africa Cup of Nations Zambia 2017 commences this weekend with the first leg matches of the First Round according to CAF.

Twenty (20) teams will be involved in the opening round, with eyes on the places at the Second Round and eventually the final lap, where seven teams will emerge for the final tournament in Zambia next year.

The tournament will also serve as the qualifier for the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup to be hosted by South Korea.

Fixtures

Friday, 1 April 2016

Tunisia vs Niger

Saturday, 2 April 2016

Sierra Leone vs Gambia
Rwanda vs Uganda
Mozambique vs Mauritius
Swaziland vs Namibia

Sunday, 3 April 2016

Liberia vs Guinea
Algeria vs Mauritania
Sudan vs Kenya
Zimbabwe vs Botswana
Ethiopia vs Somalia
http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/7-time-champions-flying-eagles-get-second-round-draw/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
U-20 AFCON: Amuneke resumes Flying Eagles job, NFF mum on Eagles job
[/size]

New appointed Flying Eagles coach, Emmanuel Amuneke.(Getty)

Emmanuel Amuneke will commence his new role as Flying Eagles coach next week as the Nigeria Football Federation General Secretary revealed the team will open camp for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.Dr. Mohammed Sanusi told footballlive.ng the defending champions will certainly resume preparation for the 20th edition edition of the youth championship but no detail was given as to the location.

Nigeria clinched its 7th title of the competition last year, after it defeated hosts Senegal 1-0.

Meanwhile, the NFF scribe disclosed the Super Eagles coaching job was not up for debate until discussions with the Government was concluded. The Football body is keen on appointing a foreign handler for the team despite its financial constraints.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by amagunnerfan: 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
edi287:

Shearer?? Owen (before injuries messed him up) Linekar
Owen is not up to Rasidi's level. Even Owen knows. Lineker I never watched and knowing the Brits, if he was as good as Yekini, they would have been hyping him pass the way they are doing.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:09am On Apr 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
U21 Premier League Wrap : Eyoma Comes Off The Bench For Arsenal; Man City Defender Adarabioyo Missing
[/size]

Aaron Eyoma came off the bench for Arsenal U21s as they were narrowly beaten 1-0 by Blackburn Rovers in the Under 21 Premier League Division Two on Friday.

With the hosts 1-0 up, thanks to Lavelle’s first-half strike, the 18-year-old defender was introduced 13 minutes from time for his second appearance in the U21 Premier League this term.

Eyoma’s other appearance for the Gunners U21s was against Derby County U21s in August 2015 when he lasted only four minutes on the pitch.

Elsewhere, England youth-teamer Tosin Adarabioyo was not involved as Manchester City lost 3-1 to Middlesbrough at the Riverside Stadium. The central defender has featured ten times for The Citizens in the U21 Premier League.

In the Professional Development League Two, Crystal Palace beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-1, with new signing Freddie Ladapo playing his first game at any level for The Eagles since he penned a deal.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18513
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by justiz5(m): 8:00am On Apr 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
SULEIMAN ABDULLAHI RUINS NWAKALI PROFESSIONAL DEBUT
[/size]

The league in Norway is known as a breeding ground for most Nigerian youngster so it wasn’t much a surprise when five of them took part in Start 0-1 loss to Viking.

Chidiebere Nwakali the on loan Manchester midfielder finally got his European career off the ground playing the last 20 minutes for start who also have Uduak Cyril Idemokun on for the entire duration of the game.

Nwakali had a frustrating time in his previous two loan spells at Malaga and Girona but what would have been a dream professional debut was ruined by another Nigerian in Suleiman Abdullahi.

The former Nigeria youth international scored the winner for Viking in the 27th minute to give them all three points with help from his fellow Nigerian at the team Samuel Adegbenro who was substituted with six minutes left to play in the game.

Usman Sale was an unused substitute by Viking in the game as well.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/02/suleiman-abdullahi-ruins-nwakali-professional-debut/
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by justiz5(m): 8:04am On Apr 03, 2016
While africanfootball have it as..........
[size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Manchester City
Manchester City loanee Nwakali loses on debut in Norway
[/size]
Chidi Nwakali did not get off to a flying start for new Norwegian club IK Start after they lost 1-0 at home to Viking today.

Nwakali, who is on loan from Manchester City, was a 70thminute sub, but he could not help Start cancel out a 27thminute winner by fellow Flying Eagles mate Sulaiman Abdullahi ‘Daddy’.

It was a reunion of Nigeria U20 stars of sort as another ex-Flying Eagles ace, Usman Sale, was an unused sub for Viking.

Another Nigerian, Uduak Idemokon played the full game for Start, while Samuel Adegbenro was replaced by Viking six minutes from time.
africanfootball.com/news/623455/Manchester-City-loanee-Nwakali-loses-on-debut-in-Norway
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by justiz5(m): 8:11am On Apr 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ovie Ejaria Trip To Spain With Liverpool First Team Has Started Paying Dividends
[/size]

The Liverpool U18s put in a great performance to beat Fulham 5-1 in the Premier Academy League on Saturday.

Ovie Ejaria trained with the Liverpool first-team squad in Tenerife during the international break and the trip to Spain has started to pay dividends, with the teenager scoring against the Londoners at Motspur Park (New Malden, Surrey).

Fulham U18s starting XI included England U17 international Dennis Adeniran and the tall defender Elijah Adebayo and they both played the full game as well asThe Redsmidfield maestro Ejaria.

Born in London, the 18-year-old Ejaria has pledged his international future to Nigeria and trained with the Nigeria U17s squad prior to the 2013 Fifa Under 17 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates.

He played for the academy team of Arsenal before shifting to Liverpool in 2014.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18525
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: FC PORTO WINS THE RACE FOR IFEANYI NWEKE
[/size]

The drag for Nassarawa United Football Club talented centre back Ifeanyi Nweke has been won by Portuguese side FC Porto according to reports gathered by owngoalnigeria.com.

Nweke caught the attention of scouts from Tottenham Hotspurs, Monaco, Portimonense and Celta Vigo during the recently concluded Gee-Lec Soccer football scout tournament after playing for just 20 minutes.

His performance lead to a whole lot of arguments between the scouts but after a tense tussle FC Porto finally won the race to sign the 18 year old in the summer.

The Nigeria youth international will further swell the Nigeria contingent at the team that presently have Chidozie Awaziem as one of the four Nigerians on their books.

Others include Chidera Ezeh who is doing very well for the U-18 of FC Porto, Fidelis Irhene and Mikel Agu who are presently out on loan to Portimonense and Club Brugge respectively.

Fast rising Nigeria agent Babawo Mohammed we gathered manages all of the players on the books of the Portuguese side bar Agu although he was silent when we sought to clarify if it’s true.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/03/exclusive-fc-porto-wins-the-race-for-ifeanyi-nweke/
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NIGERIA U-17 INVITEE LISTED BY LIVERPOOL FOR PRE SEASON TOUR
[/size]

The youngest member of the Nigeria U-17 team during camping for the World Cup in 2013 Ovie Ejiara is almost certain to be included in Liverpool pre season tour in the summer.

18-year-old Ovie Ejaria has proven to be something of an enigma for Liverpool’s youth team.

The former Arsenal man has excellent ability, he’s strong, quick and able to use either foot. Ejaria has an eye for a goal and can create them, too. The teenager is also a hard worker, often pressing defenders in exactly the way Jurgen Klopp likes his team to do.

But quite often he goes missing in games, too. And Ejaria’s best position is yet to be discovered, with the youngster often playing wide or through the middle.

Ejaria was quick to make a good impression on his new boss. When Klopp joined Liverpool in October he was spotted watching Neil Critchley’s U18s at Kirkby Academy. Ejaria would score the winner that day and the youngster hoped that he left an impression on the former Dortmund manager.

“Obviously first impressions are important and it was a great feeling to be able to play in front of him,” he said.

“It’s exciting because he’s new in and everyone is trying to make a first impression on him and trying to get our way up to Melwood. Knowing that he was watching us was a great feeling.”

Ejaria will now hope to show the Reds boss what he’s capable of once again, this time up close and personal in sun-drenched Tenerife.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/03/nigeria-u-17-invitee-listed-by-liverpool-for-pre-season-tour/
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 2:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
CHELSEA REJECTS NIGERIA U-17 WINNING DUO
[/size]

Two members of the Nigeria U-17 team that won the 2015 U-17 World cup for Nigeria, Orji Okonkwo and Kingsley Michael hope of joining Chelsea have been dashed.

The duo Owngoalnigeria.com gathered were proposed to the Blues hierarchy by their agent former Nigeria international Daniel Shittu but after checks on the players, Chelsea opted against having them.

Chelsea youth team is reportedly one of the best in the United Kingdom and with so many talented youngster on the fringe of the first team they are stock for the next two years except an exceptional talent come through from outside.

Shittu also failed in his bid to sell the talented duo to Watford after the U-17 World cup and owngoalnigeria.com gathered since the botched Chelsea proposal he is yet to communicate the next step to the duo.

Orji and Kingsley are childhood friends and they are presently in Abuja participating in youth tournaments including the one organised by scouts that includes the Gee-Lec Football Academy scouting tournament.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/03/chelsea-reject-nigeria-u-17-winning-duo/
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: FC PORTO WINS THE RACE FOR IFEANYI NWEKE
[/size]

The drag for Nassarawa United Football Club talented centre back Ifeanyi Nweke has been won by Portuguese side FC Porto according to reports gathered by owngoalnigeria.com.

Nweke caught the attention of scouts from Tottenham Hotspurs, Monaco, Portimonense and Celta Vigo during the recently concluded Gee-Lec Soccer football scout tournament after playing for just 20 minutes.

His performance lead to a whole lot of arguments between the scouts but after a tense tussle FC Porto finally won the race to sign the 18 year old in the summer.

The Nigeria youth international will further swell the Nigeria contingent at the team that presently have Chidozie Awaziem as one of the four Nigerians on their books.

Others include Chidera Ezeh who is doing very well for the U-18 of FC Porto, Fidelis Irhene and Mikel Agu who are presently out on loan to Portimonense and Club Brugge respectively.

Fast rising Nigeria agent Babawo Mohammed we gathered manages all of the players on the books of the Portuguese side bar Agu although he was silent when we sought to clarify if it’s true.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/03/exclusive-fc-porto-wins-the-race-for-ifeanyi-nweke/
[/b]

Thegoodjoe he did this without starring in u-17.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Thegoodjoe he did this without starring in u-17.

Did I say others can not do it without the U17? Awaziem did it without the U17. Martins did it without the U17.

I said it is easier for the Europeans to make it than our players. That is why we should continue using the U17 for grassroot development.

Are you saying it is easier for Nigerians to make it to pro football than the Europeans?
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Did I say others can not do it without the U17? Awaziem did it without the U17. Martins did it without the U17.

I said it is easier for the Europeans to make it than our players. That is why we should continue using the U17 for grassroot development.

Are you saying it is easier for Nigerians to make it to pro football than the Europeans?

U made it seem like u-17 was the only option. Most the boys getting signed never played u-17 so ur grassroot plan is not needed.
No side has it easy, it takes hard work to make it.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01am On Apr 04, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U made it seem like u-17 was the only option. Most the boys getting signed never played u-17 so ur grassroot plan is not needed.
No side has it easy, it takes hard work to make it.

Where did I say it is the only option. Can you find one place I said it is the option.

It is not easy any where but it is fat easier for the Europeans compared to the Nigerians.

The Europeans have a lot of opportunities compared to us. They have far better opportunities and chances. So we should continue using the U17 for grassroot development.

That has been my point it. It will continue being my point and it is the truth.

Even you, deep down in your heart, you know is the truth.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Coldestplay: 6:17am On Apr 04, 2016
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12am On Apr 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Where did I say it is the only option. Can you find one place I said it is the option.

It is not easy any where but it is fat easier for the Europeans compared to the Nigerians.

The Europeans have a lot of opportunities compared to us. They have far better opportunities and chances. So we should continue using the U17 for grassroot development.

That has been my point it. It will continue being my point and it is the truth.

Even you, deep down in your heart, you know is the truth.

I didn't say u said anything, i said u made it seem.
U have no evidence to support. The fact is u don't know, u are just assuming that it is harder. U have to be in both sets of shoes to make that statement and that is impossible so i can't accept that. Like Balloteli playing for Italy, u would probably say he had it easy but players in Ghana didn't have to grow up being called a black monkey everyday. Players in Ghana could fit in better than him. He might even be a better player today if he grew up in Ghana.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 9:37am On Apr 04, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
7-time champions Flying Eagles get second round draw
[/size]

Nigeria won the U-20 Africa Cup of Nation in 2015; the 19th edition.

Nigeria has been drawn bye in the first round qualifying matches for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations 2017 in a statement released by the Confederation of Africa Football on Thursday.The Flying Eagles won a record 7th continental crown last year in Senegal. Bernard Bulbwa sealed a 1-0 win against host, Senegal with a 17th minute, spectacular long-range volley inside the Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor in Dakar.

The journey for places to the 20th edition of U-20 Africa Cup of Nations Zambia 2017 commences this weekend with the first leg matches of the First Round according to CAF.

Twenty (20) teams will be involved in the opening round, with eyes on the places at the Second Round and eventually the final lap, where seven teams will emerge for the final tournament in Zambia next year.

The tournament will also serve as the qualifier for the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup to be hosted by South Korea.

Fixtures

Friday, 1 April 2016

Tunisia vs Niger

Saturday, 2 April 2016

Sierra Leone vs Gambia
Rwanda vs Uganda
Mozambique vs Mauritius
Swaziland vs Namibia

Sunday, 3 April 2016

Liberia vs Guinea
Algeria vs Mauritania
Sudan vs Kenya
Zimbabwe vs Botswana
Ethiopia vs Somalia
http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja-news/7-time-champions-flying-eagles-get-second-round-draw/
[/b]

Noticed the pairings are based on regional proximity.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:39am On Apr 04, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

U have no evidence to support. The fact is u don't know, u are just assuming that it is harder. U have to be in both sets of shoes to make that statement and that is impossible so i can't accept that. Like Balloteli playing for Italy, u would probably say he had it easy but players in Ghana didn't have to grow up being called a black monkey everyday. Players in Ghana could fit in better than him. He might even be a better player today if he grew up in Ghana.

How can you say I have no evidences, when the evidence is clear for even a blind man to see.

Coach Keshi once said,

“How many good pitches do we have in this country? Keshi queried. We say we are a football nation and we don't even have good training pitches for the national team, or good field to play on."

We do not even have good Football pitches for our National teams to play on, let alone the local clubs talkless of our kids in the academy.

We do not have kits for our young players to train and grow in the game.

How can anyone say the Youths in Nigeria has equal opportunities with the Europeans baffles me. It defies logic.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:42am On Apr 04, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

[b]
The System at Grass-Root Level

For example, Real Madrid has a youth system consisting of 13 levels to reach the senior side. And the beauty is that all these youth teams function in the same way as the senior club side and also play in the same kind of leagues designed for their specific ages. So, as the players move up the order they begin to gain the necessary exposure playing in competitive leagues rather than some meaningless reserve games that hold no importance. Players performing well in these youth leagues are then picked up by the regional football federations for representation.

RFEF has 19 regional football federations and all these federations work in sync with the national and the club federations. All the players’ information is passed from the club level to the regional level and then to the national level in a detailed manner. If any player manages to impress at club level, he is called to play for his regional federation and if he further impresses, he then progresses to play at the national level. Spain churns out 100’s of footballers every year and we can imagine the kind of effort, the filtering and the competition these kids face to make it to the national youth side.

The RFEF has divided its youth set up into two groups- Formation group and performing group. The U15, U16, U17 and U18 teams come under the formation group and U19, U20 and U21 come under the Performing groups. Each age group has a dedicated coach and an assistant and if the dedicated coach decides to move on, the assistant takes up his job with the coach in the next age group appointed as his assistant. This ensures the continuity of progress. And when the player has good success at U21 level, he is then graduated to the National A squad, which is the stepping stone to a place in the Spanish National team.

https://www.nairaland.com/3019225/success-spain-lesson-every-football[/b]

Read and tell me how you expect us to produce better footballers in large number like the Europeans. Click the link and see the development in Spain.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How can you say I have no evidences, when the evidence is clear for even a blind man to see.

Coach Keshi once said,

“How many good pitches do we have in this country? Keshi queried. We say we are a football nation and we don't even have good training pitches for the national team, or good field to play on."

We do not even have good Football pitches for our National teams to play on, let alone the local clubs talkless of our kids in the academy.

We do not have kits for our young players to train and grow in the game.

How can anyone say the Youths in Nigeria has equal opportunities with the Europeans baffles me. It defies logic.

maybe u should go back to the drawing board, what do fields have to do with success? So many legends have come out of Africa playing on bad fields so where are u going with this? I don't understand why u want to have a pity party. Instead of seeing this as an obstacle that can be overcome with hard work u are making it an excuse.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

[b]
The System at Grass-Root Level

For example, Real Madrid has a youth system consisting of 13 levels to reach the senior side. And the beauty is that all these youth teams function in the same way as the senior club side and also play in the same kind of leagues designed for their specific ages. So, as the players move up the order they begin to gain the necessary exposure playing in competitive leagues rather than some meaningless reserve games that hold no importance. Players performing well in these youth leagues are then picked up by the regional football federations for representation.

RFEF has 19 regional football federations and all these federations work in sync with the national and the club federations. All the players’ information is passed from the club level to the regional level and then to the national level in a detailed manner. If any player manages to impress at club level, he is called to play for his regional federation and if he further impresses, he then progresses to play at the national level. Spain churns out 100’s of footballers every year and we can imagine the kind of effort, the filtering and the competition these kids face to make it to the national youth side.

The RFEF has divided its youth set up into two groups- Formation group and performing group. The U15, U16, U17 and U18 teams come under the formation group and U19, U20 and U21 come under the Performing groups. Each age group has a dedicated coach and an assistant and if the dedicated coach decides to move on, the assistant takes up his job with the coach in the next age group appointed as his assistant. This ensures the continuity of progress. And when the player has good success at U21 level, he is then graduated to the National A squad, which is the stepping stone to a place in the Spanish National team.

https://www.nairaland.com/3019225/success-spain-lesson-every-football[/b]

Read and tell me how you expect us to produce better footballers in large number like the Europeans. Click the link and see the development in Spain.

Show me where it says the team at any level is only for players living in Spain.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (38) (Reply)

Muslim Fans Blast Ahmed Musa Over Kissing Picture With His Wife On Facebook / Poland Vs Nigeria: International Friendly 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Photos Of Beautiful Ladies Spotted At Russia 2018 World Cup Stadiums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.