Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life (969 Views)

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by huxley(m): 8:51am On May 14, 2009
What do you understand by the word sacrifice?   Simply put, a sacrifice is the giving away of something for a grander cause.  For instance, you could sacrifice a cancerous limb to save your life. Or to use some bible examples, you may sacrifice a goat for the grander cause of redemption from sin.

In every case, you do NOT get back what you sacrifice.  It goes, it is gone and it stays gone.  If it was to come back, then you cannot have sacrifice it.  Anything that has been sacrifice is lost forever from the owner.

On this definition, did Jesus really sacrifice his life for humankind?   Whatever he did cannot be said to be a sacrifice of his life, for he never really lost his life.  If he had really sacrificed his life for the grander cause of human redemption, he should still be dead today.  So in what sense can we say that Jesus sacrifice his life for humankind when he never really lost his life?

What do you guys think?
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by Tudor2: 9:44am On May 14, 2009
Just one of the many lies and contradictions of religion. Shame to even see so called professors and degree holders subscribing to this farce
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by manmustwac(m): 10:32am On May 14, 2009
very good point Huxley
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by naijacutee(f): 2:25pm On May 14, 2009
*Bookmarked*
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 14, 2009
huxley:

What do you understand by the word sacrifice?   Simply put, a sacrifice is the giving away of something for a grander cause.  For instance, you could sacrifice a cancerous limb to save your life. Or to use some bible examples, you may sacrifice a goat for the grander cause of redemption from sin.

In every case, you do NOT get back what you sacrifice.  It goes, it is gone and it stays gone.  If it was to come back, then you cannot have sacrifice it.  Anything that has been sacrifice is lost forever from the owner.

On this definition, did Jesus really sacrifice his life for humankind?   Whatever he did cannot be said to be a sacrifice of his life, for he never really lost his life.  If he had really sacrificed his life for the grander cause of human redemption, he should still be dead today.  So in what sense can we say that Jesus sacrifice his life for humankind when he never really lost his life?

What do you guys think?

And your point is?
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by Image123(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2009
Another not well thought out huxleypedia definition of things. I don't know why atheists don't think for themselves, especially when another atheist talks. They'll rather copy, paste and share the mostly deluded views of fellow atheists without batting an eyelid. It's sheer hypocrisy to practice what you condemn and ridicule others about.
To sacrifice is simply, to willingly stop having something or stop doing something you want or like in order to get something else. If a parent does away with expensive luxuries for a time to help the child's education, that's sacrifice. Luxuries will come later but the sacrifice made cannot be denied.
If someone takes time out of his usual schedule to help a friend in need, stay with a loved one, that's sacrifice. Its not compulsory to lose a limb before you sacrifice.
Jesus Christ left His glory, his position, his kingdom in heaven to come to earth, and to die for you and me. He came to pay the price for our sins. The price for sin is death. The soul that sins shall die. That death is seperation from God. For one who has being eternally in union with the Father God, to be seperate from God, so that man who knows little or nothing about union with God will be forever united with God, that's sacrifice. Every other thing on the cross of calvary was said. This was cried with a loud voice, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Never was there such agony felt. It's humanly indescribable. It was because of the sins of the whole world, your sins and my sins. He came to take our sins away.
He was made a little lower than the angels (de-de-demoted), that he by the grace of God should taste death for EVERY MAN. He sacrificed for you. He carried your sins so that you do not have to carry them again. All you need to do is allow him to carry them. Allow Him to pay in your stead. It takes accepting him as payment and believing in His Lordship.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by huxley(m): 6:53pm On May 14, 2009
Image123:

Another not well thought out huxleypedia definition of things. I don't know why atheists don't think for themselves, especially when another atheist talks. They'll rather copy, paste and share the mostly deluded views of fellow atheists without batting an eyelid. It's sheer hypocrisy to practice what you condemn and ridicule others about.
To sacrifice is simply, to willingly stop having something or stop doing something you want or like in order to get something else. If a parent does away with expensive luxuries for a time to help the child's education, that's sacrifice. Luxuries will come later but the sacrifice made cannot be denied.
If someone takes time out of his usual schedule to help a friend in need, stay with a loved one, that's sacrifice. Its not compulsory to lose a limb before you sacrifice.
Jesus Christ left His glory, his position, his kingdom in heaven to come to earth, and to die for you and me. He came to pay the price for our sins. The price for sin is death. The soul that sins shall die. That death is seperation from God. For one who has being eternally in union with the Father God, to be seperate from God, so that man who knows little or nothing about union with God will be forever united with God, that's sacrifice. Every other thing on the cross of calvary was said. This was cried with a loud voice, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Never was there such agony felt. It's humanly indescribable. It was because of the sins of the whole world, your sins and my sins. He came to take our sins away.
He was made a little lower than the angels (de-de-demoted), that he by the grace of God should taste death for EVERY MAN. He sacrificed for you. He carried your sins so that you do not have to carry them again. All you need to do is allow him to carry them. Allow Him to pay in your stead. It takes accepting him as payment and believing in His Lordship.

This is sheer unadulterated inanity.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by wendyc: 9:04pm On May 14, 2009
Sacrifice has some have put here is denying yourself of something, it's in your control to either do it or not, BUT you chose to do it just because you have some concern, love for that person. Jesus Christ had the power to make all these go away, but he chose to do it, go through so that the WILL of GOD will take place. He said in the bible that if only this cup will pass over him, BUT GOD's will should be done.

It's nothing for him to have wiped off all the people who raised their hands on him, but it's all because of these same people, you and i that he came here to earth, left all his spendour and came to this sinful and corrupt world. a famouse song goes "how many kings will step down from their throwns, how many lords will abandon thier homes, how many great will become the least for me, only one did that for me". GOD did that for us all.
to say or ask if this was truely a sacrifice is really not a question, if it was not for him, i can assure you that you and i will not be here. He didn't have to, but he did.

He died and took the key from hell, so that we have the power to over all that this world throws at us, and live eternally. not just die and end up in eternal damnation.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by huxley(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2009
wendyc:

Sacrifice has some have put here is denying yourself of something, it's in your control to either do it or not, BUT you chose to do it just because you have some concern, love for that person. Jesus Christ had the power to make all these go away, but he chose to do it, go through so that the WILL of GOD will take place. He said in the bible that if only this cup will pass over him, BUT GOD's will should be done.

It's nothing for him to have wiped off all the people who raised their hands on him, but it's all because of these same people, you and i that he came here to earth, left all his spendour and came to this sinful and corrupt world. a famouse song goes "how many kings will step down from their throwns, how many lords will abandon thier homes, how many great will become the least for me, only one did that for me". GOD did that for us all.
to say or ask if this was truely a sacrifice is really not a question, if it was not for him, i can assure you that you and i will not be here. He didn't have to, but he did.

He died and took the key from hell, so that we have the power to over all that this world throws at us, and live eternally. not just die and end up in eternal damnation.

What did he sacrifice then?
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 14, 2009
and you were going to say?
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by JPot: 8:37am On May 15, 2009
Jesus sacrificed time that he could have spent with God. Jesus tore Himself away from God for 3 days, He'll never get those 3 days back.

He also lost the opportunity of seeing sinners like us burn in hell.

He lost the comfort of heaven for 20 years, He'll never get that back.

He lost His honour, as it was displaced with humility time and time again on earth.

Mainly He lost His individuality, now He is the union of all Christians (the body, or church), rather than being only in unison with God and Holy Spirit.

If you think deep into it you can find alot of things He lost. The Crux was the great exchange, and a very painful one to that end.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by Horus(m): 9:24am On May 15, 2009
This is a very interresting topic. Sacrifice or suicide?.If Jesus know that they are going to kill him and dont try to escape and runaway from his own death, then he is commiting suicide. If suicide is always a sin, and Jesus was sinless, then Jesus must not have committed suicide. If Christians are claiming that Jesus gave his life for our sins then why Christians are still sinners even today. So he sacrified his life for nothing??. This topic bring many more questions unanswered by Christians.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by JPot: 9:38am On May 15, 2009
Suicide is death without return. Jesus returned.
Sacrifice is an ambiguous term, but it means giving something up.
Christians are sinners. Saved sinners who will stop sinning when they get new bodies in heaven.

What questions have gone unanswered?
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by huxley(m): 1:09pm On May 15, 2009
JPot:

Suicide is death without return. Jesus returned.
Sacrifice is an ambiguous term, but it means giving something up.
Christians are sinners. Saved sinners who will stop sinning when they get new bodies in heaven.

What questions have gone unanswered?

Interesting. Does God keep a tally of one's sins and good deeds. Does one get to go into heaven when once sin tally is zero? Thus the equation for heaven is;

Entry into Heaven => Sin = 0; Good deed > 0

OR, is it

Entry into Heaven => Sin = 0; Good deed > 0; Faith > 0

Can one get into heaven with Sin > 0 ?
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by wendyc: 5:56pm On May 15, 2009
Jesus did not comitt sucide, he did not put a knife to his neck or stabbed himself. Yes he knew he would be killed, and also knew that if he did not do it, ALL of us would perish. He sacrificed his life, he didn't have to come here and turn human, but he did. he became poor so that we would not be, he took away every sickness for our sake, this is sacrifice.
he left all he had in heaven, angels were ministering to him in heaven, he came to this world to minister to us, to help us, that is the ultimate sacrifice that can never be compared to.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by wendyc: 6:04pm On May 15, 2009
you can't get into heaven with sin, that is why GODhas giving us many chances, and the blood of Jesus to always cleanse ourselves. if anyone tells u he/she is without sin, then the person tells no truth, the one thing that we have to understand is that once you become born again, and accept Christ, old things are passed away, which includes your sins, and GOD says he will forget all of it, you are now a new creature.(2 cor. 5 vs 17) now when you surrender and become a born again, you are making the decision not to go back to sin again, that is why we have to keep asking GOD for the grace not to sin, and to overcome temptation. even after one is a born again, and you find yourself commit a sin, you immediately should realize this and ask for forgiveness, and cleansing with the blood of JESUS, and never do it again.

your good deeds will not take you to heaven, following GOD"S commandments will take one to heaven
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by bawomolo(m): 1:24am On May 16, 2009
Horus:

This is a very interresting topic. Sacrifice or suicide?.If Jesus know that they are going to kill him and dont try to escape and runaway from his own death, then he is commiting suicide. If suicide is always a sin, and Jesus was sinless, then Jesus must not have committed suicide. If Christians are claiming that Jesus gave his life for our sins then why Christians are still sinners even today. So he sacrified his life for nothing??. This topic bring many more questions unanswered by Christians.

Won't Jesus be considered the last sacrifice in place of animals?

He sacrificed his life to brush his father's huge ego. that should count for something.

your good deeds will not take you to heaven, following GOD"S commandments will take one to heaven

isn't someone who does good following God's commandments. Can't a deist get into heaven?
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by toneyb: 6:53pm On May 16, 2009
JPot:

Jesus sacrificed time that he could have spent with God. Jesus tore Himself away from God for 3 days, He'll never get those 3 days back.

He also lost the opportunity of seeing sinners like us burn in hell.

He lost the comfort of heaven for 20 years, He'll never get that back.

He lost His honour, as it was displaced with humility time and time again on earth.

Mainly He lost His individuality, now He is the union of all Christians (the body, or church), rather than being only in unison with God and Holy Spirit.

If you think deep into it you can find alot of things He lost. The Crux was the great exchange, and a very painful one to that end.

I thought Jesus was God? how can Jesus be God and be the son of God at the same time? Who was Jesus praying and crying to while on earth?

Mar 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

The bible says that after Jesus ascended into heaven he sat on the right hand side of God, is Jesus God or the son of God? if he is God how then is he sitting on the right hand side of God? If he is the son of God why do Christians and some passages in the bible say that He is God himself? How can Jesus be God himself and then be sitting on the right hand side of God?
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by wendyc: 11:33pm On May 16, 2009
following GOD's commandments means that you can only have one GOD and that is Jehova, belive in him- GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by bawomolo(m): 6:45am On May 17, 2009
wendyc:

following GOD's commandments means that you can only have one GOD and that is Jehova, belive in him- GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON, AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

the trinity is not part of the ten commandments. stop spewing rubbish.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by toneyb: 5:50pm On May 17, 2009
wendyc:

NOTHING like God the son exist in the bible. Jesus only referred to himself as the son of Man. I just want to know how Jesus can be God at the same time sitting at the right hand side of God.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by JIL(m): 11:30pm On May 17, 2009
The same similar recycled post by Huxley. You begin to wonder what he intends to achieve. His hated for anything directly or remotely related to Christ can only be surpassed by that of the Antichrist himself.

Huxley, I don't know who you are or who you represent. But one thing I know, whether you believe it or not, everyone including you will give account of every word spoken against the Son of the living God.

The bible has talked about people like you even before your fore-fathers were born (no insult intended). 1 Cor 1;18 says:

NIV: 'For the message about the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed, but it is God's power to us who are being saved.'

King James: 'For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.'

It is no surprise that those who are perishing donot understand the things of the spirit.

Huxley, we donot hate you but feel sorry for you. My prayer and those of other christians is that God have mercy upon you and open your heart to know him. I see your name being changed from Huxley to Guxley as Saul was changed to Paul.
Re: Jesus, God And The Sham Sacrifice Of His Life by tpaine: 11:36pm On May 17, 2009
JIL:

The same similar recycled post by Huxley. You begin to wonder what he intends to achieve. His hated for anything directly or remotely related to Christ can only be surpassed by that of the Antichrist himself.

Huxley, I don't know who you are or who you represent. But one thing I know, whether you believe it or not, everyone including you will give account of every word spoken against the Son of the living God.

The bible has talked about people like you even before your fore-fathers were born (no insult intended). 1 Cor 1;18 says:

NIV: 'For the message about the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed, but it is God's power to us who are being saved.'

King James: 'For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.'

It is no surprise that those who are perishing donot understand the things of the spirit.

Huxley, we donot hate you but feel sorry for you. My prayer and those of other christians is that God have mercy upon you and open your heart to know him. I see your name being changed from Huxley to Guxley as Saul was changed to Paul.

Firstly, what do you mean recycled? I don't remember posting about this subject before.

Secondly, why don't you deal with the substanstive point of my post rather than issue the familiar christian threats of punishment and judgement, none of which frightten me. By the way, what reason do you have for believing that what is in the bible will come to pass when it is so full of false prophecies, barbarisms, falsehoods, massacres, etc. Why should one believe such a reprehensible book?

(1)

Is There A Need For Pastors To Have A Sound Biblical And Theological Education? / Why Nigerians Are So Gullible When It Comes To Religion. / Nigerian Bishop Oyedepo Faces N2 Billion Lawsuit For Assaulting Female Member.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.