Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume (30088 Views)

Isha Sesay, CNN Journalist Commends Nigerian Doctors And Nurses / Doctors & Nurses, What Sickness Is This? Or Is It HIV? / There Are More Nigerian Nurses In Europe Than In Nigeria – EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by IYANGBALI: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
mtcheeeeeeeeeew nurses too dey look for recognition. Very wicked people
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by IYANGBALI: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
Yahami:

How'll you see any thing wrong with the comment , by the time the whole hospital were been short-down for this singular statement is then you'll wake up from your slumber and know the severity of the statement
dem no fit abeg
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by IYANGBALI: 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
hotdi:

Wao! are u oneof them?
I still dont see any offensive word there. If the man said Doctors and Physicians desert the patient remaining only a Nurse whats d big deal. Besides, he is not against nurses. He only talk about PDP condition.
pls ignore dat guy

1 Like

Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by butanep(m): 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
Clakyvip:

Illiteracy in Africa, Smh.

This is not about illiteracy. If you are very intelligent as you claimed, why didn't you study medicine?

You are just weak.... take it or leave it
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by jagojunior(m): 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Still baffles me how some folks will take what Sen. Ndume said as mere joke, even comedians after cracking certain jokes are asked to swallow their words when the cross certain boundaries, even though it's their job to Crack jokes and make people laugh.
The Sen. insulted the nursing profession which he might have done unknowingly, asking for an apology is giving him the opportunity to set the record straight, I wonder why that is too difficult for some of us to comprehend, moreover none of us commenting here is the senator's mouthpiece so why not allow him to respond first?
He is even lucky that only Nigerian nurses are coming for him now, he should do the needful ASAP and let it serve as a warning to those that will want to drag the noble profession into their political drama in the future.
What the profession needs in Nigeria is a face-lift and good publicity and not a derogatory statement from an honorable member of the hollowed chamber, the Sen. should know better.
Rooting for Nursing since time immemorial.

#Internship4GraduateNurses

3 Likes

Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Clakyvip: 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
butanep:

This is not about illiteracy. If you are very intelligent as you claimed, why didn't you study medicine?

You are just weak.... take it or leave it
Lol... I can actually see your brain still operates with Abacus Os. Nursing is calling, I chose it because I like it, I never wanted medicine, n for your inform I ll b writing my Ph.D. Soon.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Clakyvip: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
IYANGBALI:
mtcheeeeeeeeeew nurses too dey look for recognition. Very wicked people
Well u dnt knw what it takes to become a nurse. I pray u dnt need a nurse to save your life one day, well, they ll actually save it for u to v a rethink abt em.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Hilaskee(m): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
There is nothing wrong with that statement at all. It's simply a metaphorical expression of a point he is trying to make. Nurses, please ask literally giants, they will explain more...
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by jagojunior(m): 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hilaskee:
There is nothing wrong with that statement at all. It's simply a metaphorical expression of a point he is trying to make. Nurses, please ask literally giants, they will explain more...

The statement becomes direct n derogatory when he mentioned doctors n pharmacists, then likened Metuh to a Nurse which by implication is not competent to manage the situation, maybe you should reread it
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Eziachi: 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
BlackPeni5:
I agree with the Nurses...Ndume the Boko Haram Suspect now APC stalwart needs to show more respect to that profession.
Oh yeah! You seemed to respect office of the nurses than cffice of the president. How carrying of you. grin grin
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Eziachi: 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
gboly3190:
N- Neatness and splendour
U- Understanding
R- Responsiveness
S- Selfless service
I- Innovative and initiative
N- Nobility
G- Gentleness and love

I'm proud to be a nurse.
You have to.What other choice have you got? It's yours profession.

1 Like

Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by opaltunjulius: 7:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
If u don't read any bad maening 2 Sen. Ali Ndume's statement kindly pause ur fingers in typing! Nurses reject such a statement in totality! It's soo simple!!!
Walelavender:

Can't you figure this out instead of shaking your head? It was all a political stunt that turned hilarious . That in anyway doesn't degrade the role of Nurses. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. Laughter is a good medicine. grin
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Eziachi: 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
alcmene:
What were they expecting from a typical mallam?

That was same way the diminutive El-rufai dragged the name of holy Mary into his senseless political tirades undecided

These northern elements are repugnantly uncultured undecided
What do you think Mallam means? Would you be unhappy if you are a typical Mazi or Otunba?

As for holy Mary, she died more than 2000 years ago. Her living son in heaven can take care of El Rufai if he is offended and does not need your assistance in crying blood.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by butanep(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
Clakyvip:

Lol... I can actually see your brain still operates with Abacus Os. Nursing is calling, I chose it because I like it, I never wanted medicine, n for your inform I ll b writing my Ph.D. Soon.

Hahahhahahhhhahahhaha...... I not fit laugh. Nursing is a calling to you. Calling from God or your ancestors? If you like be running your post Ph.D.

It is not your calling but what you find yourself into due certain circumstances. That doesn't change the fact that that is a weak course for a man. It is feminine in nature.

You better change to a more challenging course.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
sue him
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by opaltunjulius: 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
Pls what's ur profession? Are u proud of your profession @ all If you are which I strongly doubt, u won't be blabbing like ds on Naira land about another profession and Professionals!!! Pls get some sense next time!
butanep:

Hahahhahahhhhahahhaha...... I not fit laugh. Nursing is a calling to you. Calling from God or your ancestors? If you like be running your post Ph.D.
It is not your calling but what you find yourself into due certain circumstances. That doesn't change the fact that that is a weak course for a man. It is feminine in nature.
You better change to a more challenging course.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by IYANGBALI: 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
Clakyvip:

Well u dnt knw what it takes to become a nurse. I pray u dnt need a nurse to save your life one day, well, they ll actually save it for u to v a rethink abt em.
abeg spare me dat bullshiiiiit,most Nigerian nurses are animals in human skin. Thank God for private hospitals where if i come there with my money you cannot give me the kind of craps they give people in public hospitals
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by butanep(m): 8:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
opaltunjulius:
Pls what's ur profession? Are u proud of your profession @ all If you are which I strongly doubt, u won't be blabbing like ds on Naira land about another profession and Professionals!!! Pls get some sense next time!

i have made my point
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by igboboy3(m): 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
[size=14pt]There is nothing wrong with Ndume's statement. If anything, Olisa Metuh should be the one to feel insulted[/size]
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by igboboy3(m): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
jagojunior:

The statement becomes direct n derogatory when he mentioned doctors n pharmacists, then likened Metuh to a Nurse which by implication is not competent to manage the situation, maybe you should reread it

Yes, a nurse can't handle a comatose patient by himself.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by jagojunior(m): 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
igboboy3:

Yes, a nurse can't handle a comatose patient by himself.

Which single health practitioner can handle a comatose patient all by himself? I Have requested for you to reread the post but you wouldn't. In patient management, there is this thing called "team work" and competency of every member on the team is expected to be optimal for effective management. Please nobody is talking about a member of the team working alone. Do you even know what the bone of contention is in this case or you just delight in getting noticed by hitting the keyboard to type the first thing that comes to your mind without proper processing of the subject matter?

I blame myself for dignifying you by responding to your posts
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by saintade01(m): 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
The nurses should just sharap and go back to their wards. Is it because the masses have not protested or written an open letter about their ill treatment at their various hospitals especially at the general hOspitals.

Rubbish.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by HaneefahRN(f): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
This made me remember some months back, when the judges of 'The view' had insulted a nurse who had donned her scrubs for the Miss America or so pageant and had talked about a memorable pt she had nursed; even though they thought they were being funny. I'm sure they never saw what was coming when American nurses and citizens stood up for nurses, making them lose sponsors and a campaign was made for the program to be boycotted all. They learnt not to mess with nurses.
Anyway, I'm a nurse and I wonder why I don't feel slighted by the comment, I guess it's the thick skin you have to grow to be a nurse in Nigeria. Insults from every angle, absolutely no regard, and all the negative stereotypes pple av created abt nurses. U just av to av that thick skin so u won't face psychological torment over nothing. U can imagine working hard throughout a shift, caring for pple and after relaxing and logging in to a forum most of the time all u see is pple painting nurses in a bad lyt.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by ihatesycophant(m): 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2015
so Nurses doesn't want to be identify with Olisa Metuh. Oh! yeye dey smell for PDP dormot.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Lasveg(m): 9:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
Its unacceptable to demean d nursing profession, but i dont see any thing wrong wif dat statement, its just a simple analogy. I guess in light of recent happenings nigerian nurses r just looking out 4 who to hang.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by Phauziyah: 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
tolexy007:

muumu angry
Dis guy is sick
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by billyG(m): 10:59pm On Nov 09, 2015
drberry:
Open letter to Senator Mohammed Alli Ndume.

NURSES DO NOT DESERVE MOCKERY!!!

Sir,
We hereby write in respect of the political statement allegedly made by you as recently published in the media.

In one of your releases, you have been quoted as saying:

“PDP is in a coma and only God knows when it will recover. As you can see now, they do not have any doctor or pharmacist and the only nurse is Olisa Metuh.”

Sir, this statement is not only derogatory but highly demeaning! And as a respectable senator of the Federal republic of Nigeria, we believe you should know better!

In a country like ours where nursing has been left in the lurch by those expected to protect its image, where nurses have become unappreciated and unheralded in spite of their contributions to the survival and sustenance of the Nigerian healthcare sector, where nursing has been singled out as the scapegoat of the failure of the healthcare sector and has now become the subject of battering and condemnation in the eye of the public; we do not deserve this further demeaning treatment from you sir!

Analyzing your intentionally damaging political statement above, it could be deduced that you imply that the political figure whose name you mentioned in the statement is an object of derision. Using nurses however as a 'symbolism' to depict your target of mockery is not only disrespectful to the noblest profession of all time but also considered as a deliberate, calculated attempt to drag the image of the nursing profession in the mud.

You are not only mocking the hundreds of thousands of Nigerian nurses (both home and abroad but the millions of nurses all over the globe.

We therefore pronounce your latest political utterances quoted above as gross unethical name denting, calculated disrespectful taunt and expensive national satire!

The above statement credited to you though unexpected is totally unacceptable from a respectable Nigerian senator like you.
In dragging the image of nursing in the mud and singling out our most cherished profession as an object of derision in your political wars, you goofed in this one sir!

We respect your vibrant contributions to ongoing national issues. We want to believe you have good intentions for our dear country Nigeria and we assume that you have deep respect and high regard for nurses.
Nurses are beautiful creatures known for their remarkably hard working and self sacrificing attributes and wonderful work of keeping the hopes of millions of client and patients alive!
At a time when the entire body of Nigerian nurses is being unjustly vilified because of the numerous criminal actions of uneducated quacks; at a time when the profession is working round the clock to address the gross misdeeds of a few bad eggs who needs to be flushed out of our system, what we deserve from politicians and the public is not mockery but deep appreciation and outstanding recognition of our indispensable contributions to the survival of the Nigerian health sector.

We therefore categorically demand that you, within the next 48 hours, tender an unreserved apology not only to Nigerian nurses (home and diaspora) but to the millions of nurses all over the world working their socks off to care for and keep the hopes of millions of patients alive.

Remeber that millions of nurses all over the world are visibly unhappy with you, they are watching and waiting!

We believe you will take this message in good faith and take immediate responsible action to correct the wrong you have done us!

Thanking you in anticipation of your immediate action.

- The Inspired Nurses Network, Africa (I.N.N.A)

‪#NursesDontDeserveMockery‬

NURSES DO NOT DESERVE MOCKERY!!!

Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume should apologize to nurses all over the world!

‪#SenNdumeMustApologize‬
#NursesDontDeserveMockery
Those NURSES ARE Sponsored by PDP!cnt some1 crack a joke again,He meant nurses will not desert a patient even if others do.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by flightz(f): 12:06am On Nov 10, 2015
Mbediogu:

wondaful. Chai Naija. Howman go be nurse again? chai. okay. Can we call you mid husband? I never see man nurse before. o o. true.

you probably live in the bush.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by flightz(f): 12:11am On Nov 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The nurses should calm down. Ndume was not refering to nurses that graduated from Nursing in the university, but "Nurse Eliza" aka auxiliary nurse that are commonly seen in private hospitals.
nothin like aux. Nurse. U are eithher a nurse or non. Those seen in privates ppl trained by some greedy doctors who refuse to employ registered nurse. And wether u aTtend a sch of nursin or grad frm nursin in the uni, u are both reg nurse. Thank you
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by flightz(f): 12:14am On Nov 10, 2015
butanep:

Of all the profession available for guyz, you decided to key into nursing.

Who do you?
stop the jealousy and hatred. It won't solve your problem, also, send yourself to the 21th century, its obvious you re livin in the stone age. Bloody sexist.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by drberry(m): 2:18am On Nov 10, 2015
billyG:

Those NURSES ARE Sponsored by PDP!cnt some1 crack a joke again,He meant nurses will not desert a patient even if others do.
My friend please don't be naive in your judgement. How will you say they were sponsored by the PDP? What time do they have to start getting involved with Nigerian system of politics? I really don't agree with you on that one.
Re: Nurses Demand Apology From Senator Ali Ndume by butanep(m): 4:10am On Nov 10, 2015
flightz:
stop the jealousy and hatred. It won't solve your problem, also, send yourself to the 21th century, its obvious you re livin in the stone age. Bloody sexist.

Thank you our male nurse. lol

Keeping doing nursing as a guy when your mate are during medicine. Later you will claim you are a doctor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Catfish / My 30-year-old Son Uses Diapers, Crawls After #endsars Shootings - Lagos Widow / Am I Depressed? [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.