Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months (37688 Views)

Housemaid And, Artisans To Pay Taxes In Lagos / FG Earned N1.19 Trillion In 2014(3rd Quarter) Vs N980bn 2015(3rd Quarter) / FG Earns N14trn From Crude Export – NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by ekwerendi55(m): 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
When I looked into ur eyes...I c a reflection of woman whose life is about to begin..I wish u d best life can give,u will b above ur peers henceforth.Happy bday
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by harshemeyou: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
NIGERIA GO BETTER PAY YOUR TAX
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by neocortex: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
So Fowler couldn't meet the targets with all the noise he made.
Fowler failed to realize that many "companies" that are registered
only exists on paper, hence his 325,000 not paying tax is highly
exaggerated.
More power to FIRS.

1 Like

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by docadams: 3:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
Was there a time, before now, the FG ever updated the public regularly about its financial records? I am still rummaging through the archives.
Pls, anybody who comes across such record should let me know.

5 Likes

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Propaganda is what Nigerians like to hear about not reality of development. You are all primitive human beings!

3 Likes

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Abugab(m): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
We were made to believe that the only source of revenue to this country was oil but we can see how much non oil generated it the quarter under review.
I am confident it will get better and the nation will be best for it.

All these non oil revenues who has been eating them since?
No wonder all the wailing thieves whose sources of illegal wealth have been blocked have been discrediting this govt even in cases where they have good moves. Waiting for Metuh and his gang to say GEJ started this again.

6 Likes

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by efilefun(m): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
please can someone tell us how much was made in previous administration?

2 Likes

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by epadomo(m): 3:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
Baba dey go sharperly nau.

God bless PMB God bless NIGERIA
Wailers wail till death do us part(AMEN)

1 Like

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by olaola003: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by carboblanko(m): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
modath:

Of course not.... They were making a killing but we know how things went down prior to now....

Did you ever hear anyone put a figure to revenue from taxation before now?

As for me, I'm still a passenger on the PMB train.... smiley
Don't mind the wailers. They expect the rot and decay of 16 years to be fixed in 5 months.

3 Likes

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
At least we now know that the country is no longer broke

1 Like

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
Okay! There's change in taxes wah bout roads, power, employment etc.
All this are just story for....... Whoever cares.
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by modath(f): 3:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
efilefun:
please can someone tell us how much was made in previous administration?

You want to have migraine abi? cheesy
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by modath(f): 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
PRYCE:
You said you are a passenger in Buhari's Train!... did you mean something else other than you don't understand some of Buhari's dealings too?

Let us be clear on two things;

1. I support PMB

2. I will criticise objectively any misstep of his.....

No kindly explain, cos i still don't get your drift.. thx.

1 Like

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by efilefun(m): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
lol, for real i still dont understand some Nigerians, to me this is the most sincere and truly democratic government nigeria has ever had, The only time nigerians heard about ministerial screening in the past was when Obanikoro was to be screened,, every other thing was done in secrecy, here comes a government carrying its citizens along as things unfolds but some gullible jobless youths keep wailing like imbecil.e
modath:

You want to have migraine abi? cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by otr1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
Change is sweet! But wailers are too impatient to know. SMH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by chesterlee(m): 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
NOBODYY:
To those calling GMB a fool...a dullard...an idiot...thats an Elderly man for fυcks sake!!
How would you feel if someone calls ur dad or grand dad a fool, a dullard or an idiot ??
And i know You lots are igbos (christians) Even ur bibble says you should give respect to those in Leadership positions...

What you sow you shall reap...

Dullardinhoe is a Fura drinking Dullard!!!!
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by obailala(m): 3:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
May we know how much the quarterly average was in preceding years?.... Please does anyone have an idea what the average was before now?... Cos there's no way we can confirm if this is progress or retrogression without a side-by-side comparison.

2 Likes

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by frenchboy(m): 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2015
Wailers afternoon food do done again
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
okay.
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by WHOcarex: 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
New sheriff in town
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Jaideyone(m): 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2015
neocortex:
So Fowler couldn't meet the targets with all the noise he made.
Fowler failed to realize that many "companies" that are registered
only exists on paper, hence his 325,000 not paying tax is highly
exaggerated.
More power to FIRS.
ediot how is he going to know those that are just on paper if the audit is not done? we have someone trying to do the right thing here. if you can't give him credit then shut your putrid mouth. goat

1 Like

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Jaideyone(m): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
chesterlee:

Dullardinhoe is a Fura drinking Dullard!!!!
and the dullard is doing what the PhD holder couldn't. I guess we need more dullards in this country

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Jaideyone(m): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
all4naija:
Propaganda is what Nigerians like to hear about not reality of development. You are all primitive human beings!
oh really? so the fg is making us believe Nigeria earns a lot from tax when we earn very little? and when it's time to spend the money will Buhari provide the balance from thin air? why would a government inflate it's income? does that make sense to you? you really should exercise your brain more

1 Like

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by zicoraads: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
NOBODYY:
To those calling GMB a fool...a dullard...an idiot...thats an Elderly man for fυcks sake!!
How would you feel if someone calls ur dad or grand dad a fool, a dullard or an idiot ??
And i know You lots are igbos (christians) Even ur bibble says you should give respect to those in Leadership positions...

What you sow you shall reap...
undecided undecided undecided
undecided undecided
undecided
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
Jaideyone:
oh really? so the fg is making us believe Nigeria earns a lot from tax when we earn very little? and when it's time to spend the money will Buhari provide the balance from thin air? why would a government inflate it's income? does that make sense to you? you really should exercise your brain more
I am telling you the government is not doing enough to generate more revenue than talk all the time. Do they even collect tax properly in the first case? I think you are very slow.

1 Like

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by ifyalways(f): 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
All these monies PMB is getting from FIRS, CRUDE SALES and CUSTOMS, please can someone tell me where he is putting them in. No CONSTRUCTION, NO INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT,NO JOB, permit me to say this; people are really suffering under this regime.
Quoted for truth.

2 Likes

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Jaideyone(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
all4naija:

I am telling you the government is not doing enough to generate more revenue than talk all the time. Do they even collect tax properly in the first case? I think you are very slow.
. the government is not doing enough and the audit is underway. what else do you want the government to do? if extreme measures like vat increase is adopted I'm sure you'll be the first to wail
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by omokab: 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
kokoA:
calm down, monies have not started going out yet. All the money d inside TSA for now.
don't mind him. He doesn't need to wait for anything as your haters will never see anything good about you. But for his information oil marketers just benefited of 413 billion naira release by pmb govt for oil subsidy. In another news 2.4 billion dollars was release to govt of Lagos state for red rail project. If he can calculate 2.4 billion dollars by 200 he will know where the money is going. Then,he can now wait for job proper after inauguration of the minister on wednesday.
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by blackpriest0911: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
About 400 billion has been released for fuel subsidy...wailing wailers
Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Rex007: 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT - FIRS generated N4.69tr in 2014 – Report

The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) on Thursday said it surpassed its 2014 target by N400 billion or 9.32 per cent, generating about N4.69 trillion in Federal Government taxes.
According to its quarterly revenue report released in Abuja, the revenue derived from a combination of petroleum profit and non-oil taxes, including income tax, gas income, capital gain tax, stamp duty and Value Added Tax (VAT), was, however, N106 billion less than previous year’s N4.80 trillion.
Federal Inland Revenue Service
Federal Inland Revenue Service
A breakdown of the figure revealed that petroleum profit tax was the cash cow, contributing N2.45 trillion, or 52.96 per cent of total revenue, while the remaining N2.24 trillion, or 47.04 per cent, was collected from non-oil taxes.
Of the non-oil taxes, N1.18 trillion was collected from company income tax, followed by N802.95 billion in VAT collections, comprising Nigeria Customs Service Import VAT and Non-Import VAT, during the period. Another N10.83 billion came from gas income, N2.59 billion from capital gain tax and N10.94 billion from stamp duty during the review period.
Other non-oil taxes collected within the year, the report continued, included Education Tax, N189.61 billion; N53.28 billion from Consolidated Account and N9.91 billion from National Information Technology Development Fund (NITDEF) levy.
A further breakdown showed that the 2014 second quarter collections were the highest at N1.45 trillion, followed by N1.19 trillion the following quarter, while the first quarter yielded N1.05 trillion and N1.0 trillion between October and December.
Meanwhile, stakeholders in the Nigerian capital market, rose from a one-day dialogue on “Capital Market and the 2015 Federal Budget” with a challenge to government to further see the market as a veritable source of financing the infrastructure component of the budget and the entire economy in the most cost effective manner.
This, they noted, had become even more necessary today when the global economic dynamics require innovative thinking at a time of reduced government revenue and a drastic drop in the cost of crude oil, the nation’s mainstay.
Speaking at the event organised by trade groups such as the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers (CIS), Association of Stockbroking Houses of Nigeria (ASHON) and the Association of Issuing Houses of Nigeria (AIHN) in Lagos, Acting Director-General of the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), Mounir Gwazo, challenged market operators formulate “clear, actionable ways in which the capital market could be better leveraged by our governments (at both Federal and State levels) to finance infrastructure.”
He said there was more that can be extract from domestic bond market, for example, where in the nine years between 2005 and last year, the Federal Government raised about N6.85 trillion.
This is possible, he continued, particularly in the current budgetary constraints facing the nation, if stakeholders “brainstorm on innovative ways the capital market can be leveraged to fund development within the budgetary framework.
He urged participants at the dialogue to “structure more innovative products including infrastructure bonds and securitisation.” “To boost housing we must hasten the take-off of mortgage-backed securities after the activities of the Mortgage Refinancing Company of Nigeria have led to a higher housing stock,” he said.
Nigeria, Gwarzo continued, is not spared the downbeat of the situation where the global economy is expected to grow at 3.8 per cent in 2015 as against the earlier forecast of 3.9 per cent, amidst palpable fear of “deflation” within the Eurozone where growth remains just above 1 per cent.
“Although our economy is still expected to grow at a healthy 7 per cent in 2015, weakening global demand and increased oil supply are combining to force a sharp decline in global crude oil prices – a product on which our entire economy depends.

Source: http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/01/firs-generated-n4-69tr-2014-report/

2 Likes

Re: FG Earns N980bn From Taxes In Three Months by Zaikon(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
All these monies PMB is getting from FIRS, CRUDE SALES and CUSTOMS, please can someone tell me where he is putting them in. No CONSTRUCTION, NO INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT,NO JOB, permit me to say this; people are really suffering under this regime.
sentimentality deh worry you bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video: Nnamdi Kanu Allows His Handcuffs To Be Remove At Last / APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Keyamo’s Comment On Atiku / Adamu Garba: Twitter Should Get Out Of Nigeria For Deleting Buhari's Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.