Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,746 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media (9990 Views)

Lagos Residents Go Topless To Protest Against Local Government Election. Photos / See Where We Need You, Lagos Residents Tell Ambode / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by nicedas(m): 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
k
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by free2ryhme: 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
yeye people

they think they can scheme their way around this one
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by jayriginal: 3:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
The police should upgrade. The world is changing and crime fighting must step up. The phone is generally closer than the police station.

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by DONSMITH123(m): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
dason4life:
Joke of the day

Op, you made my day

grin grin grin

lol...thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
is the police afraid of the transparency of social media... hmmm... with social media, the police cannot cover up the crime.
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by OnankpaBa(m): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2015
free2ryhme:
yeye people

they think they can scheme their way around this one

Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by menix(m): 3:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
That commissioner is artificially mad, why go to pay to report a case while u can do it online..

Can u go to a police station to report a crime of fellow police man without spending 2days in their dark room..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by wristbangle: 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
If Nigerians are reporting the issue first on social media, they should create a facebook, twitter, websites and other online alternatives where people can lodge their complaints instead of crying like a baby.

Not that they have a standard call line like 911 let alone having good customer relation to help people in distress.

3 Likes

Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by armadeo(m): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
When you are going to the station to report hold extra 1k to bail your self for civil disturbance.

Non sense.

No sane Nigerian trusts the police.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by speedyGonzales: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
hahaha! goodluck with that!
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by idu1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
their head is not correct...
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by tunde1200(m): 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
hmmm when is our police will ever serious with their job
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by greatkb2004: 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
When someone go to police station and report a criminal and the criminal was confirmed,nigeria police would ask u to write statement and ur address down,so after the case die down POLICE will call the CRIMINAL and inform him all ur data that YOU are the person reported him.that is why people prefer message on media than physical report

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by sellYourCar: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
Good plan.......to increase traffic to the police station and generate more bribe money undecided
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by eleko1: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
Yeye pipu.we all knw wetin happened to the young man that reported fighting to one of una-branch".Report to police and get lock up as a suspect undecided
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by Bigdreams(m): 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
shocked shocked

Tor, I don hear.

Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?
Read my signature.
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
Hahaha.
Target must be met this season.
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by goshen26: 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Cos reporting to naija police might b dangerous. So many people serving jail term for being a good Nigerian....Naija police is a threat to its citizens
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by minwafor: 4:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
Report to the Police first at your own peril. I know a story of a friend whose car was ran into by an okada rider driving on a wrong lane. He had to take the injured man to hospital, deposited money for his treatment and went to make a statement at the station.

On getting to the station, the police impounded his vehicle and extorted money from him. The moral of the story is 'Never ever trust a Nigerian Policeman'.
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
If they do not want citizens to resort to the social media, then they should do their freaking job for which the taxpayers pay them salaries.
I ve been a victim of high-way robbery and there was a police station 2 yards away, yet no police came, despite the deafening gunshots and peoples scream for help!
There's been incidents where people would call the police and the officer on duty would tell you he is new in that area, while some would tell you they are off duty. If your bloody behind is off duty, why then are you picking the damn call?
Some criminals even claim some policemen rent out guns and bullets. I don't take the Nigerian Police seriously. God help them.
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by gesoilo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
OnankpaBa:

Police?

The day i entered Abj late for the first time and i went to Jabi station to see if i can sleep there till the next day. Could you believe i was detained till the next day? Untill my elder brother came to bail me.

You better don't trust naija police.
Is this a joke? grin
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by Panshow(m): 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
They're right on this. However, it's also good to bring to people's knowledge of any occurrence for safety purpose.
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by nigeriancuban: 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
lol,any police reading this topic will just laff and shake his head ....
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by ceejay80s(m): 4:35pm On Nov 09, 2015
nigeriancuban:
lol,any useless nigerian police reading this topic will just laff and shake his head and say its all true talk ....
Thank me later for adjusting ur comment ,
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by OnankpaBa(m): 4:46pm On Nov 09, 2015
gesoilo:
Is this a joke? grin

real life
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by Aroh48(m): 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
Flee from the police.Ignore this warning at your peril.If a policeman entered my house alongside with a cobra,I wil attack d policeman and leave the snake.
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by Jabioro: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
Make police join social media now so that ....
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by yogun(f): 5:07pm On Nov 09, 2015
shuo!!!

so long as the crime is reported. Oga Olopa, have u observed that crimes reported online yields the needed results than at the station.
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by dharmmyajishako(m): 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
Biko... From my own little experience with the police oh, (pipeline,ikotun, agbara,okoko ) you must you know before u write statement, and if you were by mistake, reported you must still you know before u are free, but Bail is free and Police is your friend.

Meanwhile, with picture evidence and social media, it would be hard to repaint any picture. Trust me when I say I have seen pictures been repainted many times.

Ehmm, na michel angelo and leonardo da vinci picture I dey talk about oh. Before dem kon carry me for ma house say one tin do two tin, say blogger say....

Biko, follow instruction laid by the Police oh
Re: Police Urge Lagos Residents Not To Report Crime First On Social Media by SUPOL(m): 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Police is your friend grin grin grin grin
ofcos my dear

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

fuel Price: Uncertainty Looms As Crude Oil Hits $93.50 / World Bank Approves $750m Electricity Facility For Nigeria / ‘$1m Not Found In Badeh’s House’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.