Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist (36254 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Weak Or Incompetent" - FFK Replies Nnamdi Kanu / Jonathan Spent Huge Money To Stop Ambode From Becoming Lagos Governor - Tinubu / 9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by godwil114(m): 11:42pm On Nov 09, 2015
CharlyNick:
Judge him After 4yrs
calabar idiot

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Dapaboy: 11:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
That port needs to be moved out of Lagos fast.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by basilo101: 11:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
dridowu:
Who are you to tell people who to vote for ? People have their choice and they go for it. You can't force your choice on others and others can't force their choice/opinion on you and moreover election is about winner/loser.
IMO ,Yes, Ambode might not be performing to expectation but still yet JK will not outperform him if he has the opportunity. JK that promises free wifi to Lagosian but yet JK has no website as at electioneering period. For JK, it easier said than done may be because he is good as an orator.

GBN
at least they begged u to vote him, unlike u who threatned them
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by justmenoni: 11:44pm On Nov 09, 2015
No mind them,I'm damn sure that Jk will even work better than fash cos he's gonna try all his best to give a positive impression... I see no reason why we've to blame the govt when we're the true source of our problems... Yh politics in Nigeria Is corrupt but imagine if 70% of lagosians will vote for Jk, will it be easy for some elements to rig the election Instead some numskulls are chanting Jk is a kid... If no be say this oyinbos sef dey craze small they should hv named lagos has one of the most difficult place to live in the world...the traffic, electricity, laws,environment, accommodation infact everything is fuckin frustrating.. Imagine a one clueless exchairman is now a commissioner.. Wat can he bring to the table??; absolutely Nothing

quote author=SenseiX post=39850461]Vote for JK we said, they refused and chose to play ethnic politics electing a clueless stooge.
For all his flaws, no one would doubt Fashola's competence, composure and intelligence, can't say the same for Ambode. He seems to be on a mission to best Aregbesola's records in bad governance
[/quote]
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by dextrino45(m): 11:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
Emekamex:

Then tell the FG to stop citing companies and projects in the already saturated Lagos; do that and your problem of migration will be solved.

telling investors and the FG gov. to stop funding the state can never be a solution undecided undecided undecided
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by basilo101: 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
ibedun:

Absolutely on point!!!

Just how many more of the Biafrans can we accommodate. The issue of Igbo migration from their "useless" land needs to be raised at the national assembly.
Lol, u neva c anything, remember two HOR. Senate 2019 loading
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by ibedun: 11:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
Emekamex:

Then tell the FG to stop citing companies and projects in the already saturated Lagos; do that and your problem of migration will be solved.

Our peaceful and sensible disposition is the reason our land is attractive for the stated purpose.

In the North Boko Haram and religious intolerance drives away investments and economic activities.

In the East barbarianism, unruly, ungovernable, dubious, untrustworthy, emotional and clannish people prevents meaningful investment and corporate establishment in the territory.

Lagos will reach a breaking point soon.

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by CharlyNick: 11:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
godwil114:
calabar idiot

Who's this dud?
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by basilo101: 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
ibedun:

Shut up!!! surely something must be done now before the problems escalate and we start going for each other's throat.

The level of uncontrolled migration from Igboland is getting ridiculous. Igbo-made people from the east.
stupid ppl who cnt compete. Keep dreaming of Lagos being handed to d lazy rusted roof dwellers frm ogbomoso on a platter of gold. Yorubaland indeed

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by ibedun: 11:54pm On Nov 09, 2015
basilo101:

Lol, u neva c anything, remember two HOR. Senate 2019 loading

It wont change your status!! Trust me and the HOR and HOA members are married to whom?
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Emekamex(m): 11:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
dextrino45:

telling investors and the FG gov. to stop funding the state can never be a solution undecided undecided undecided
Then the person I quoted should stop complaining about the influx of other Nigerians into Lagos.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Emekamex(m): 11:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
ibedun:

Our peaceful and sensible disposition is the reason our land is attractive for the stated purpose.

In the North Boko Haram and religious intolerance drives away investments and economic activities.

In the East barbarianism, unruly, ungovernable, dubious, untrustworthy, emotional and clannish people prevents meaningful investment and corporate establishment in the territory.

Lagos will reach a breaking point soon.

Nah, it has nothing to do with that; majority of investments are only in Lagos and not in other south western states. The catalyst that drives investors is the functional ports and the so called huge population that you are complaining about.

6 Likes

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by godwil114(m): 12:05am On Nov 10, 2015
CharlyNick:

Who's this dud?
hausa gay
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by RickyTan: 12:09am On Nov 10, 2015
ibedun:

Shut up!!! surely something must be done now before the problems escalate and we start going for each other's throat.

The level of uncontrolled migration from Igboland is getting ridiculous. Igbo-made people from the east.

Oya now make me shut up. Again, REALITY is Nigerians can move to wherever they want EAST, WEST, NORTH OR SOUTH - Die if you cant compete or do not like it

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by mmsen: 12:21am On Nov 10, 2015
[quote author=Mogidi post=39850067][/quote]

Sounds just like someone we know currently in Aso Rock...

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by RickyTan: 12:24am On Nov 10, 2015
ibedun:

Question is Ambode and his nepotic cabinet competent? SO far NO! Fashola was very competent and hence the promotion to Federal Minister overseeing all of Nigeria. Akimwummi was a competent former minister and promoted to Agric Bank.

Ambode I believe is a good man but a bad manager ( at least so far). Learn to stick to topic
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Jarus(m): 12:24am On Nov 10, 2015
Kai, The Economist has got punches. These guys sabi write. Too good.

I can't forget their Jonathan vs Buhari" pre-election article with the punchline, "We're happy we don't have a vote in this election, but if we had, we would have preferred an ex-dictator.."

And that toothpick mockery of Emefiele.

Kai, The Economist has got punches. I need to read them more to improve my writing skills (punchlines in particular).

When you read this kind of articles, you will not want to read Nigerian newspapers/magazines again.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by happney65: 12:26am On Nov 10, 2015
SenseiX:
Vote for JK we said, they refused and chose to play ethnic politics electing a clueless stooge.
For all his flaws, no one would doubt Fashola's competence, composure and intelligence, can't say the same for Ambode. He seems to be on a mission to best Aregbesola's records in bad governance

JK Introduced ethic politics.without that he might have won though..Too bad he did

3 Likes

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by rabosh(m): 12:27am On Nov 10, 2015
This is totally irresponsible journalism. Can a governor be declared incompetent with just 6 months in office? Is traffic management the only parameter to judge a governor? They make it look as if there wasn't traffic gridlock under Fashola's government. How does Ambode's attempt to make LASTMA civil a sign of incompetence? Anyone who lives in Lagos knows that the reasons given by the governor are true and cogent.

We all complained bitterly at the early days of Fashola's government, let's cut Ambode some slack. He seems open to criticism which is good and will definitely help him get better.

I am not holding brief for the governor but I think we have the worst commissioner of police in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by muscoliscious(f): 12:28am On Nov 10, 2015
And from this same person you will hear him criticising the IPOB #confusedSetOfPeoples
politricks:
Igbos not Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by 400billionman: 12:28am On Nov 10, 2015
Even BuBu is full of excuses and NO solutions.

PDP did this, PDP did that.

All the APC TO DO promises have been denied.

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by 400billionman: 12:29am On Nov 10, 2015
CharlyNick:
Judge him After 4yrs

For traffic gridlock and armed robberries ?

O brother...
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by muscoliscious(f): 12:37am On Nov 10, 2015
searching4loove:
undecided AMBODE IS THE BEST GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA AT THE MOMENT. EVERY LAGOSIAN IS HAPPY WITH HIM. THIS PDP PROPAGANDA IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL undecided
attention seeker

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by ODUBEZE: 12:45am On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:
Who are you to tell people who to vote for ? People have their choice and they go for it. You can't force your choice on others and others can't force their choice/opinion on you and moreover election is about winner/loser.
IMO ,Yes, Ambode might not be performing to expectation but still yet JK will not outperform him if he has the opportunity. JK that promises free wifi to Lagosian but yet JK has no website as at electioneering period. For JK, it easier said than done may be because he is good as an orator.
GBN
That is not true! Go and check your records again! JK was people centered with a blue print of how he want to run Lagos! I am also glad that you agreed that he is a good Orator.
Ambode only best him In Dressing, Photographs and Pictures that littered the whole of Lagos State!
But if U listen to their debate, you will realize that Ambode really has nothing to offer!
I bet U that if the vote of Lagosians had really counted and not rigged, JK would have won with a wide margin.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by oduastates: 12:49am On Nov 10, 2015
rabosh:
This is totally irresponsible journalism. Can a governor be declared incompetent with just 6 months in office? Is traffic management the only parameter to judge a governor? They make it look as if there wasn't traffic gridlock under Fashola's government. How does Ambode's attempt to make LASTMA civil a sign of incompetence? Anyone who lives in Lagos knows that the reasons given by the governor are true and cogent.

We all complained bitterly at the early days of Fashola's government, let's cut Ambode some slack. He seems open to criticism which is good and will definitely help him get better.

I am not holding brief for the governor but I think we have the worst commissioner of police in Lagos.

In a state like Lagos , yes.
Worsening traffic , crime ,refuse are enough to judge.
It might sound jolly to reduce the enforcement powers of LASTMA but the repercussions are costing him dearly.
With the low salaries being paid , what did he think was going to happen .
It is obvious that they augment their salaries with illegal fines .
To get the ideal effect , those LASTMA would have to be paid at least N 200,000 a month. That is the level of salary I believe people stop getting bent all the time.
I guess that he simply woke up one day without considering the impact .
An ode should wake up or seek help
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by ODUBEZE: 12:51am On Nov 10, 2015
happney65:

JK Introduced ethic politics.without that he might have won though..Too bad he did
No dear. It was a trick APC played on the mind of people to make JK look bad and they succeeded in deceiving people who could not see clearly!
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by happney65: 12:59am On Nov 10, 2015
ODUBEZE:

No dear. It was a trick APC played on the mind of people to make JK look bad and they succeeded in deceiving people who could not see clearly!

You wrong my dear..The PDP introduced it..When in essence Igbos and Yoruba's have being living in peace all these while in Lagos..Inter-tribal Marriages,Business transactions,etc.Igbo's making wave with little or no jealousy from their Yoruba friends until when JK started saying he would do this and that and claiming igbo's are being marginalized in Lagos when in essence they are more or less like Lagos Indigenes themselves..Am not a Fan of either of them though,just laying out the Fact
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by PrincessEni(f): 1:19am On Nov 10, 2015
tolexy007:
pls who is Ambode?
Ambode is the head of the Lagos state Fire Service,before nko
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 10, 2015
CharlyNick:
Judge him After 4yrs

May you suffer through ambode's intransigience through the 4 yrs without respite
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by amazingspiderma: 2:24am On Nov 10, 2015
searching4loove:
undecided AMBODE IS THE BEST GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA AT THE MOMENT. EVERY LAGOSIAN IS HAPPY WITH HIM. THIS PDP PROPAGANDA IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL undecided

Never knew someone could boldly do this on the internet in capital letters;Calling a report from The Economist a PDP propaganda...... shocked shocked
On my knees
Please,I beg,biko,ejor,dan allah for the love of God, don't try this again,it only reveals blind followership and depth of ignorance. shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Stycon(m): 2:26am On Nov 10, 2015
Jarus:
Kai, The Economist has got punches. These guys sabi write. Too good.

I can't forget their Jonathan vs Buhari" pre-election article with the punchline, "We're happy we don't have a vote in this election, but if we had, we would have preferred an ex-dictator.."

And that toothpick mockery of Emefiele.

Kai, The Economist has got punches. I need to read them more to improve my writing skills (punchlines in particular).

When you read this kind of articles, you will not want to read Nigerian newspapers/magazines again.

Lol @ toothpick mockery of Emefiele

They really got loads of punches to throw around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmad Taunts Ganduje: Take Your Old Naira Notes To CBN If Legitimate / Photos Of Saraki's Supporters Carrying Placard Outside National Assembly / Feminist Coalition Stops Accepting EndSARS Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.