Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist (36256 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Weak Or Incompetent" - FFK Replies Nnamdi Kanu / Jonathan Spent Huge Money To Stop Ambode From Becoming Lagos Governor - Tinubu / 9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by aresa: 2:27am On Nov 10, 2015
SenseiX:
Vote for JK we said, they refused and chose to play ethnic politics electing a clueless stooge.
For all his flaws, no one would doubt Fashola's competence, composure and intelligence, can't say the same for Ambode. He seems to be on a mission to best Aregbesola's records in bad governance

I really do believe Ambode is incompetent and id love to see a recall to get him out, but lagosians still won't vote for agbaje.

Sasore is the right man for the job..]

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by sugni: 2:34am On Nov 10, 2015
searching4loove:
EVERY LAGOSIAN IS HAPPY WITH HIM
speak for yourself angry not every lagosian is happy with him
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Okotoko1(m): 2:52am On Nov 10, 2015
Ghen Ghen
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Firefire(m): 3:07am On Nov 10, 2015
Story for the gods...

How can Ambode govern Lagos from the pocket of the head of professional looter ? cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by three: 3:12am On Nov 10, 2015
You guys are quite shameless

You foisted an inept person on a critical state like Lagos and are here online saying "Sasore is the right man for the job.."

State craft .. true State craft is not tinini tanana.

Peoples LIVES and not your egos or pockets TRULY MATTTER!

aresa:

I really do believe Ambode is incompetent and id love to see a recall to get him out, but lagosians still won't vote for agbaje.

Sasore is the right man for the job..]
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Idrico(m): 4:04am On Nov 10, 2015
We are enjoying Ambode at Alimosho Local Government.Ambode is our Man,Eko Onibaje O.

2 Likes

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Asiwaju9ja(m): 4:06am On Nov 10, 2015
I have said it b4, that Fashola has set a standard in Lagos state. That it will be very easy to judge an imcompetent successor, whether APC or PDP. This is what is playing out here. Lagos state is not easy to govern. You need a Fashola to govern Lagos state. God bless that man.

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by aresa: 4:06am On Nov 10, 2015
[s]
three:
You guys are quite shameless

You foisted an inept person on a critical state like Lagos and are here online saying "Sasore is the right man for the job.."

State craft .. true State craft is not tinini tanana.

Peoples LIVES and not your egos or pockets TRULY MATTTER!

[/s]

Comments emanating from backward village losers like you are utterly irrelevant.

Pay more attention to your biafra future and worry less about mine...

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by cremedelacreme: 4:34am On Nov 10, 2015
Ambode is just an overfed boy who doesn't have what it takes to govern a state like Lagos. Let Lagosians enjoy him for the next 4 years after all they voted for continuation.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by onatisi(m): 4:39am On Nov 10, 2015
SenseiX:
His successor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is full of excuses, but few solutions, for the worsening gridlock.
Kai!!!!!! See finishing . Ambode should lock himself up in his office for 3days and be crying because of this statement. He is a colossal failure and gargantuan disappointment to lagosians

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by mamajaz(f): 4:40am On Nov 10, 2015
tolexy007:
pls who is Ambode?

We are coming, we don come. Thats the mumu Gov. of Lagos. angry
tolexy007:
pls who is Ambode?

We are coming, we don come. Thats the mumu Gov. of Lagos.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Gboliwe: 4:48am On Nov 10, 2015
Lol @ Many excuses and no solutions. Someone said "Okpolo eyes, no be open eye". With a very big head like Ambode's, one would think he had so much up in it. tongue

#justthinking: Where is Nna Tinubu? Haven't read any recent news on this great strategizer. Hope he is good
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by akinsmyk(m): 5:03am On Nov 10, 2015
IamMissMarvel:

Abi o.

Which time e start?

6months gone and u're still asking which time he started. So unfortunate...8yrs ago, we've been seeing what Fashola has started puttng on ground. Lagos Is Nigeria that PMB is just putting together...Lagos is developing at a good and positive rate, he is nt just starting afresh. Is it too difficult for him to mantain and improve Fashola's legacy? I wonder how someone who cannot keep the standard of his predecessor will do something meaning to his own name. The truth b told, forget abt party affliations, Ambode is d wrong choice for Lagos, someone else from Apc may do better bt Ambode is a mistake....this makes me think JK would av done better
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by fabo352(m): 5:09am On Nov 10, 2015
Though one can argue that it's too short to judge him but Fashola hit the ground running during his few months in office and all could see the direction he was heading. I want Ambode to seek help from former Fashola's technocrat team and not surround himself with politicians.

Wish he can do that
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by miqos02(m): 5:25am On Nov 10, 2015
yes oh, the man is a comedian
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by madjune(m): 5:32am On Nov 10, 2015
I remember, prior to the election; this Ambode was on Jimi Disu's radio program on Classic Fm...

His response to serious question all had the same character which was - raucous, undue laughter as if it was a comic show.
That was when I knew that Lagos was in for a BIG JOKE.

In one year, this guy will cripple what Fashola built in 8 yrs.

That's no JOKE.

3 Likes

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by athorello(m): 5:37am On Nov 10, 2015
Ambode is currently facing new challenges. There's actually influx of people to lagos because of the economic downturn for the abundant commercial and industrial jobs. Jobs in niger delta are very limited. , IOCs recruitment is very lean over years, NOCs are nothing to write home about, even nlng can't complete a single recruitment exercise since 2013 and I don't think the other states have created enough jobs for their citizens even the backward biafra land.
This have worsen the traffic situation and simply because the government wants to sanitize lastma operations the become too lackadaisical that the criminals saw and seized the loopholes. You don't need a witch doctor to tell u that one of the easiest place to be robbed is in a traffic gridlock. So, everything shows the government have to go back to the drawing table. The various state government should step up their game plan. I only pity Ambode he deserves it.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 5:50am On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:
Who are you to tell people who to vote for ? People have their choice and they go for it. You can't force your choice on others and others can't force their choice/opinion on you and moreover election is about winner/loser.
IMO ,Yes, Ambode might not be performing to expectation but still yet JK will not outperform him if he has the opportunity. JK that promises free wifi to Lagosian but yet JK has no website as at electioneering period. For JK, it easier said than done may be because he is good as an orator.

GBN
Oya suffer with the ambode na...slaves...for how long would you people suffer as vassals under tinubu...the annoying thing is because true federalism is not practiced we non indigenes have to stay in lagos to work and suffer the results of the collective foolishness of lagosians and the lagos state government...
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:52am On Nov 10, 2015
I see the APC shoping for a new governorship candidate ahead of 2019.

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by jojotemitopaz(m): 6:06am On Nov 10, 2015
why are we sooo irrational in our thinking...the conditions fasola worked with are quite different from what this regime is woking on. let me remind you that since theend of last year did things start to degenerate in Lagos...it went unoticed cuz we sooo much like wat Fasola did. the fact is the fall in oil prices is affecting and affected previos govt..i remember that therr were soo many unfinished roads everywerre...projects had to be suspended okadas started comming back cuz of elections...and lawlessness also started coming bsck...i also remember Fasolas first regime...he ddnt just get dat overwhelmy support overnight. it took over a year before his policies and plan started to yield results...so pls to me its still to early to begin to say a regime has failed or not..Goodluck started his regime very well but ow far did dat take us...the economy is tougher. theres too much curruption and ppl are too lawless and impatient...before i forget sef..Traffic in Lagos....i wont be suiprised if half of those who are in dis forum who drive dont break thevtraffic lights more dis days...the real problem to me are more in us...we are just toooo selfish uncultured and impatient...pls relax abeg
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by adconline(m): 6:06am On Nov 10, 2015
O
dridowu:
Who are you to tell people who to vote for ? People have their choice and they go for it. You can't force your choice on others and others can't force their choice/opinion on you and moreover election is about winner/loser.
IMO ,Yes, Ambode might not be performing to expectation but still yet JK will not outperform him if he has the opportunity. JK that promises free wifi to Lagosian but yet JK has no website as at electioneering period. For JK, it easier said than done may be because he is good as an orator.

GBN
See reason from a blind partisan.. Wasn't Oba of Lagos telling Igbos to vote for Ambode by threatening to drown them if they disobeyed him?
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by OYIBN: 6:08am On Nov 10, 2015
Fashola's shoes are too big for Ambode. Tinubu better start looking for a replacement for 2019 as Ambode is clueless and won't get my vote in 2019. Lagos deserves better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by luvinhubby(m): 6:14am On Nov 10, 2015
CharlyNick:
Judge him After 4yrs

That's all.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by jojotemitopaz(m): 6:19am On Nov 10, 2015
akinsmyk:

6months gone and u're still asking which time he started. So unfortunate...8yrs ago, we've been seeing what Fashola has started puttng on ground. Lagos Is Nigeria that PMB is just putting together...Lagos is developing at a good and positive rate, he is nt just starting afresh. Is it too difficult for him to mantain and improve Fashola's legacy? I wonder how someone who cannot keep the standard of his predecessor will do something meaning to his own name. The truth b told, forget abt party affliations, Ambode is d wrong choice for Lagos, someone else from Apc may do better bt Ambode is a mistake....this makes me think JK would av done better
6 months into fasholas regime i remember ppl attacking him as well..'na flowert we go chop' thats wat they kept sayn...yes 8yr fasola worked fine but dig u know dat on his last year...he cudnt do much cuz of the drop in oil prices ..do u know why the badagry railway n express was stoppeed...why soo many road constructions were absndoned...its different to execute wheg dere are excess funds available and when theres little available...pls its too soon to judge
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by jojotemitopaz(m): 6:22am On Nov 10, 2015
why are we sooo irrational in our thinking...the conditions fasola worked with are quite different from what this regime is woking on. let me remind you that since theend of last year did things start to degenerate in Lagos...it went unoticed cuz we sooo much like wat Fasola did. the fact is the fall in oil prices is affecting and affected previos govt..i remember that therr were soo many unfinished roads everywerre...projects had to be suspended okadas started comming back cuz of elections...and lawlessness also started coming bsck...i also remember Fasolas first regime...he ddnt just get dat overwhelmy support overnight. it took over a year before his policies and plan started to yield results...so pls to me its still to early to begin to say a regime has failed or not..Goodluck started his regime very well but ow far did dat take us...the economy is tougher. theres too much curruption and ppl are too lawless and impatient...before i forget sef..Traffic in Lagos....i wont be suiprised if half of those who are in dis forum who drive dont break thevtraffic lights more dis days...the real problem to me are more in us...we are just toooo selfish uncultured and impatient...pls relax abeg
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by shamecurls(m): 6:24am On Nov 10, 2015
Wailer spotted cool cool cool

eeeeeee:
Lagosians enjoy your fake change.

Like dullard like governor.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Akinz0126(m): 6:28am On Nov 10, 2015
I believe this ambode knows what to do but his hands and legs might have been tied by Tinubu.Don't even know what's wrong with all this Apc led governors.Well at the rate this governor is going he should be booted out comes 2019 if he fails to deliver.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Teedol: 6:31am On Nov 10, 2015
rabosh:
This is totally irresponsible journalism. Can a governor be declared incompetent with just 6 months in office? Is traffic management the only parameter to judge a governor? They make it look as if there wasn't traffic gridlock under Fashola's government. How does Ambode's attempt to make LASTMA civil a sign of incompetence? Anyone who lives in Lagos knows that the reasons given by the governor are true and cogent.

We all complained bitterly at the early days of Fashola's government, let's cut Ambode some slack. He seems open to criticism which is good and will definitely help him get better.

I am not holding brief for the governor but I think we have the worst commissioner of police in Lagos.

The bottom line is that most Nigerians forget things easily, I remembered Ambode almost lost the last election cos pple believed he cared more for the rich than d poor. Am happy Ambode checked d powers of the silly LASTMA goats. As per d security issue, blame the police and d present economic condition of the country. As far as am concerned the state doesn't have its own police force, the state govt can only aid the police with operational vehicles and probably insentives to do a better job and which am sure Ambode has been doing.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by dridowu: 6:35am On Nov 10, 2015
ODUBEZE:

That is not true! Go and check your records again! JK was people centered with a blue print of how he want to run Lagos! I am also glad that you agreed that he is a good Orator.
Ambode only best him In Dressing, Photographs and Pictures that littered the whole of Lagos State!
But if U listen to their debate, you will realize that Ambode really has nothing to offer!
I bet U that if the vote of Lagosians had really counted and not rigged, JK would have won with a wide margin.
@bolded, like i said earlier being a good orator does not make one a good administrator.
How was the election rigged ? JK that can't even win the PDP primary without rigging will now win Lagos, i guess you are Just Kidding . Have you forgotten that , their are 806 delegates in PDP primary but yet 860 votes were counted . How ? If not rigging .
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by monex(m): 6:36am On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:

GBN

hope you were not angry with those that voted for GEJ sha. cos i made a point on this forum that they (GEJ Supporters) had a choice whether they are voting on tribal sentiments or whatever but a lotta peeps even said they should be jailed for supporting corruption.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by jaymichael(m): 6:38am On Nov 10, 2015
basilo101:

the worst part is that they always fast to be first to accuse others of ethnic politics while they are d worst culprit
It was JK that played ethnic politics. Realistically he had a very good chance until he started playing the ethnic card making his campaign look like an Igbo thing. As Yoruba, born and bred in Lagos, live in a Yoruba dominated area (at least 95%) I know the pulse among my people. Jk had 50% of yoruba support until he messed up his campaign by so many unguarded ethnic statements that portrayed his expected government as an Igbo only affair. We Yorubas had to switch our support to Ambode. That was what also made the Oba get mad at JK and the Igbos. Truth is JK would have won but he messed up his campaign himself. He was loved by us, and he still is but he killed his political career by being tactless.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by dridowu: 6:40am On Nov 10, 2015
Promhize:

Easy with your lies, ahah, your life doesn't depend on the argument!
lies ? How did i lie ? Does being good orator makes a good administrator ? Did JK pharmacy has a website ? Or please quote the point i lie .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dikeocha Chukwuebuka: EFCC Arrests Blogger Behind Fake ‘EFCC Cell’ Tweet / Nnamdi Kanu Fulfils Bail Condition / Tinubu Appoints Zainab Marwa, Daughter Of NDLEA Boss Into Inauguration Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.