Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist (36234 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Weak Or Incompetent" - FFK Replies Nnamdi Kanu / Jonathan Spent Huge Money To Stop Ambode From Becoming Lagos Governor - Tinubu / 9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by dridowu: 8:47am On Nov 10, 2015
IzonOwei:
LETS WAIT FOR TRUE FEDERALISM SO THAT ALL THE OIL COMPANIES CAN RELOCATE TO THE NIGER DELTA AND LEAVE THIS OVERHYPED FOOLISH CITY CALLED LAGOS EMPTY,,...USELESS CITY... angry angry angry
@bolded,hahahahahahahahahahahahha d tin pain am, e turn am to fight.
But seriously, if your city is better than that "foolish and useless " city, then you would have stay back happily.

Lest i forget, you don't have to turn constructive argument into destructive argument by using "dirty words".
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Ephemmm: 8:48am On Nov 10, 2015
SenseiX:
Vote for JK we said, they refused and chose to play ethnic politics electing a clueless stooge.
For all his flaws, no one would doubt Fashola's competence, composure and intelligence, can't say the same for Ambode. He seems to be on a mission to best Aregbesola's records in bad governance

Don't worry, JK is battle ready to lead Ibo's race after achieving Biafra.

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by femo86(m): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2015
CharlyNick:
Judge him After 4yrs

Bro, abeg shift make I siddon...

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by femo86(m): 8:51am On Nov 10, 2015
Idrico:
We are enjoying Ambode at Alimosho Local Government.Ambode is our Man,Eko Onibaje O.

Bro...are there 2 Alimosho LGA in Lagos ni Ok ur own na GRA Alimosho while mine is GETTO Alimosho... grin

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Ephemmm: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2015
biafranqueen:
Go and take it up with your traditional ruler Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu’s his death threat and curse that Igbo will drown in Lagos lagoon within seven days if they did not vote for the All Progressives Congress has now backfired in every way possible.
What ever you put out there comes back to you.
The Law of Attraction is Real!

Fool! keep ranting, but Akiolu's palace can never be eroded with waters. Assuming the water flooded the whole Lagos, will Biafra citizens be excluded?

Your thinking is as fake as GEJ till 2019.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by CharlyNick: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2015
voltron:

May you suffer through ambode's intransigience through the 4 yrs without respite

I return it to your Generation! Idi*t..... No be una Vote am? DUD
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 10, 2015
politricks:
Igbos not Nigerians.
Fool! Thunder screw you up there!
They are more hausa than igbos in lagos.
Your father yansh there

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by dridowu: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2015
jusRadical:

So the southwesterners have choice on who to vote but you guy curse the southeasterners for sticking with GEJ.

You guys are hypocrites unlimited.
You got it wrong. Those individual that curse Easterners for voting GEJ are the hypocrite not Westerner in general.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by oake(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2015
SenseiX:
TRAFFIC is a way of life in Lagos, Africa’s most populous city. Home by some counts to over 20m people, it is among the most notoriously congested places in the world. The “go-slow” piles up long before dawn as businessmen in SUVs and traders in battered buses hit the overburdened roads. It lasts until well after dark. Often the queues can be unfathomable: a rainstorm, a breakdown or a public holiday can condemn a driver to hours in horn-honking hell. Tardy workers proffer one irrefutable excuse: “Traffic is bad.”
Yet the gridlock that Lagosians have suffered in recent weeks is noteworthy even by the city’s horrendous standards. Rush hours have lengthened, and vehicles back up at unusual hours along the bridges linking the mainland with an island business district. Safety concerns are mounting as armed robbers pillage stuck cars while police are far away. Security experts reckon this is symptomatic of a broader increase in organised crime under a new and less competent state government.

[b]Lagos is a hub for investors in Africa—it is a bigger economy in its own right than most countries on the continent, so this is of serious concern. The state’s former governor, Babatunde Fashola, who left office after elections in March, was lauded for improving traffic and security. He curbed dangerous motorbike taxis and brought local “area boys” (street children), under control. Cars were terrified into order by a state traffic agency, LASTMA, whose bribe-hungry officers flagged down offending drivers.
His successor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is full of excuses, but few solutions, for the worsening gridlock. Traffic is always bad during the rains, he says. Nigerians are migrating to Lagos en masse in search of work in a worsening economy, his office adds. Yet the root of the problem is in policy: Mr Ambode cut the powers of traffic controllers by banning them from impounding cars. In retaliation, officers have refused to enforce the rules.

Reform in a culture riddled with corruption is never easy. Mr Ambode’s office says the measure was intended to create a more “civil society”. Less fastidious types think it amounts to weakness, and would prefer that he focused on public transport instead. The biggest concern is that the gridlock is a sign of a breakdown in relations between security forces, government agencies and the new governor. If that is the case, there could be worse to come. That is bad news not only for Lagosians, but all Nigerians too.[/b]
http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21677665-why-nigerias-largest-city-even-less-navigable-usual-paralysed?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fpe%2Fed%2Fparalysed
Cc lalasticlala

WHOSAI!! MAKE DEM GO SIDON JOR! AMBODE IS WORKING!

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by VirginFinder: 9:51am On Nov 10, 2015
The article is behind time.
Ambode has taken some remarkable footsteps to ease traffic and improve security.
The traffic has since eased.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by ALISMILE(m): 10:05am On Nov 10, 2015
This is what happens wen rather than merit u select a candidate based on religious consideration!

2 Likes

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:
@bolded,hahahahahahahahahahahahha d tin pain am, e turn am to fight.
But seriously, if your city is better than that "foolish and useless " city, then you would have stay back happily.

Lest i forget, you don't have to turn constructive argument into destructive argument by using "dirty words".
my city is better and more relaxing....the wayo played by the north and south west brought almost all companies down here...but soon resource control will send all of them back to where they should be... cool cool...soon ...... wink...then we can leave this sub-sea level city for good... tongue
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by billyG(m): 10:19am On Nov 10, 2015
mykl01:

Just what I thought undecided undecided, PDP Now controls western media and are out to ridicule our dear Baba who is working very hard cry cry. Sai Buhari grin grin
They are even cornering Intl media like Economist,BBC,Rueters,Time e.t.c 2 paint this new govt. in bad like,they are planning 2 sponsor civil societies,militants,Ipob 4 sucession,Disgrunted pple in Apc control states 2 protest 4 all electorial promises 2 be fulfil in just 5mnths! even without budgets.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by adaweezy(m): 10:22am On Nov 10, 2015
Promhize:

That has nothing to do with governing a state. The company has been successful for years without an online presence, in Nigeria you and I know that a website isn't a pre-requisite to a successful business. We just aren't there yet.

You may deny, but you and I know that JK is as charismatic as Fashola, and Ambode is not in their league intellectually. Doesn't matter how many years he has spent in public service
In 2007 JK had 3 stores now he has only one store, i have only one prayer for you may you be that successful in jesus name
Unless academic intellect is no longer intellectual prowess.............
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by DATMAT(m): 10:28am On Nov 10, 2015
my area Ola adekoya street oworoshoki, near car wash bus stop is the worst hit in whole of Lagos state, No development, No drainage, No light, No road for an I saw area, this is an area close to the third mainland bridge as if u going to Ifako Ogudu axis it could have been another link to Oworosoki as whole but Govt did nothing abt it. when it rains is always terrible I regret dis government of APC. as am typing dis now the area is flooded because no drainage or gutter in site. O God help Us in this Lagos .. Simply datmat..

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by freshcvvs: 10:32am On Nov 10, 2015
I never voted for him because i never believed in him.

Didn't vote for anyone either.

Make i sitdown lookulooku
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Olukolade1: 10:43am On Nov 10, 2015
Very incompetent. I see him as "house boy" govenor.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by ODUBEZE: 10:51am On Nov 10, 2015
happney65:

You wrong my dear..The PDP introduced it..When in essence Igbos and Yoruba's have being living in peace all these while in Lagos..Inter-tribal Marriages,Business transactions,etc.Igbo's making wave with little or no jealousy from their Yoruba friends until when JK started saying he would do this and that and claiming igbo's are being marginalized in Lagos when in essence they are more or less like Lagos Indigenes themselves..Am not a Fan of either of them though,just laying out the Fact
hmmmmm... It is well but sincerely speaking Ambode is yet to get ONE thing right since his resumption.
He is now the gov. so we have no choice!
So he should come down from his high horse and collabo with Fashola for a better Lagos!
EKO oni baje...
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2015
CharlyNick:

I return it to your Generation! Idi*t..... No be una Vote am? DUD

see as you dey deny your own very guy.. i fity you
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by NaijaHulk: 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2015
IzonOwei:
Oya suffer with the ambode na...slaves...for how long would you people suffer as vassals under tinubu...the annoying thing is because true federalism is not practiced we non indigenes have to stay in lagos to work and suffer the results of the collective foolishness of lagosians and the lagos state government...

You actually don't have to stay anywhere... You can quit and leave to go back to wherever you came from as soon as the "collective foolishness" is too much for you to bear... There is freedom of movement across all the states of the federation.

Going Further, for whatever flaws Tinubu has, the man is still a hero as he and his successor in Fashola have taken Lagos to where it is today in 16 painful years of being in the opposition but you wouldn't know anything about that would you? Only for us to hand it over to JK (& PDP) in opposition. Hell NO!!! Our "collective foolishness" would not let us do that and we are not sorry about it. And to emphasize again you can leave whenever you get tired of it.

If Amubode is going to stagnate Lagos temporarily we will patiently wait another 4 years when we will vote APC again (except their pro-development policies in Lagos change) and I am sure it would be a better candidate. The gains of aligning in the center are already imminent and materializing as all approvals for the rail and port /free trade zone projects will be given and the traffic gridlock will subside eventually. But again you wouldn't know anything about that.
NB - I haven't written Ambode off yet.

Lastly, for those who are really in the know, you will realize that the Economist pushes a pro-western agenda and not everything they say is gospel truth as they are after all just journalists and merely offering an opinion. Time will truly tell.

I rest my case
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2015
NaijaHulk:

You actually don't have to stay anywhere... You can quit and leave to go back to wherever you came from as soon as the "collective foolishness" is too much for you to bear... There is freedom of movement across all the states of the federation.

Going Further, for whatever flaws Tinubu has, the man is still a hero as he and his successor in Fashola have taken Lagos to where it is today in 16 painful years of being in the opposition but you wouldn't know anything about that would you? Only for us to hand it over to JK (& PDP) in opposition. Hell NO!!! Our "collective foolishness" would not let us do that and we are not sorry about it. And to emphasize again you can leave whenever you get tired of it.

If Amubode is going to stagnate Lagos temporarily we will patiently wait another 4 years when we will vote APC again (except their pro-development policies in Lagos change) and I am sure it would be a better candidate. The gains of aligning in the center are already imminent and materializing as all approvals for the rail and port /free trade zone projects will be given and the traffic gridlock will subside eventually. But again you wouldn't know anything about that.
NB - I haven't written Ambode off yet.

Lastly, for those who are really in the know, you will realize that the Economist pushes a pro-western agenda and not everything they say is gospel truth as they are after all just journalists and merely offering an opinion. Time will truly tell.

I rest my case
y'all should keep displaying your endless foolishness...keep celebrating your blood sucking oga as a hero...the tinubu slaves in lagos is one reason why blacks are considered as perpetual slaves...young/old man free yourself... grin grin....

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by happney65: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
ODUBEZE:

hmmmmm... It is well but sincerely speaking Ambode is yet to get ONE thing right since his resumption.
He is now the gov. so we have no choice!
So he should come down from his high horse and collabo with Fashola for a better Lagos!
EKO oni baje...

Exactly..Well said.!!!

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by 9jatatafo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 10, 2015
PMB is slow so why expect Ambo to be fast?
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by NaijaHulk: 1:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
IzonOwei:
y'all should keep displaying your endless foolishness...keep celebrating your blood sucking oga as a hero...the tinubu slaves in lagos is one reason why blacks are considered as perpetual slaves...young/old man free yourself... grin grin....

Like I said, you wouldn't know anything about that. Time will tell...
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Ayatullah(m): 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2015
CharlyNick:
Judge him After 4yrs

IT WILL BE TOO LATE THEN!
Waiting for 4yrs to pass judgement on Ambode means Lagos would have grinded to a destructive standstill!

The 'Economist' just confirmed my previous posts on Nairaland as it concerns Ambode.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:
You got it wrong. Those individual that curse Easterners for voting GEJ are the hypocrite not Westerner in general.

I respect you.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
billyG:

They are even cornering Intl media like Economist,BBC,Rueters,Time e.t.c 2 paint this new govt. in bad like,they are planning 2 sponsor civil societies,militants,Ipob 4 sucession,Disgrunted pple in Apc control states 2 protest 4 all electorial promises 2 be fulfil in just 5mnths! even without budgets.

As if a serious government will achieve anything in JUST 5 Months angry grin grin...
My brother Sai Baba jor wink
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2015
9jatatafo:
PMB is slow so why expect Ambo to be fast?

Analogue no fit connect to digital nau!!! Does 3310 have Bluetooth undecided
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by 9jatatafo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 10, 2015
mykl01:

Analogue no fit connect to digital nau!!! Does 3310 have Bluetooth undecided

3310 nor fit ping Jhooor oooo
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by CharlyNick: 12:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
femo86:

Bro, abeg shift make I siddon...

All this Space Wey dey here no do u?
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by davidif: 3:13am On Jul 14, 2017
TRAFFIC is a way of life in Lagos, Africa’s most populous city. Home by some counts to over 20m people, it is among the most notoriously congested places in the world. The “go-slow” piles up long before dawn as businessmen in SUVs and traders in battered buses hit the overburdened roads. It lasts until well after dark. Often the queues can be unfathomable: a rainstorm, a breakdown or a public holiday can condemn a driver to hours in horn-honking hell. Tardy workers proffer one irrefutable excuse: “Traffic is bad.”
Yet the gridlock that Lagosians have suffered in recent weeks is noteworthy even by the city’s horrendous standards. Rush hours have lengthened, and vehicles back up at unusual hours along the bridges linking the mainland with an island business district. Safety concerns are mounting as armed robbers pillage stuck cars while police are far away. Security experts reckon this is symptomatic of a broader increase in organised crime under a new and less competent state government.

[b]Lagos is a hub for investors in Africa—it is a bigger economy in its own right than most countries on the continent, so this is of serious concern. The state’s former governor, Babatunde Fashola, who left office after elections in March, was lauded for improving traffic and security. He curbed dangerous motorbike taxis and brought local “area boys” (street children), under control. Cars were terrified into order by a state traffic agency, LASTMA, whose bribe-hungry officers flagged down offending drivers.
His successor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is full of excuses, but few solutions, for the worsening gridlock. Traffic is always bad during the rains, he says. Nigerians are migrating to Lagos en masse in search of work in a worsening economy, his office adds. Yet the root of the problem is in policy: Mr Ambode cut the powers of traffic controllers by banning them from impounding cars. In retaliation, officers have refused to enforce the rules.

Reform in a culture riddled with corruption is never easy. Mr Ambode’s office says the measure was intended to create a more “civil society”. Less fastidious types think it amounts to weakness, and would prefer that he focused on public transport instead. The biggest concern is that the gridlock is a sign of a breakdown in relations between security forces, government agencies and the new governor. If that is the case, there could be worse to come. That is bad news not only for Lagosians, but all Nigerians too.[/b]
http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21677665-why-nigerias-largest-city-even-less-navigable-usual-paralysed?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fpe%2Fed%2Fparalysed
Cc lalasticlala

See how easy to read this was.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by davidif: 3:14am On Jul 14, 2017
olatunji21:
Akinwunmi Ambode destroyed in less than 140 Characters....Gv it up to the west, they are simply amazing....

And you see how easy to read the thing was. If ma nsija newspaper them go dey try impress us with big words instead of just relaying information to us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Lagos Lawmakers Besiege APC Secretariat / Kachikwu: We Saved $287m In Port Harcourt Refinery Turnaround Maintenance / People At A Filling Station With Their Generators In Kebbi State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.