Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist (36253 Views)

"Jonathan Was Not Weak Or Incompetent" - FFK Replies Nnamdi Kanu / Jonathan Spent Huge Money To Stop Ambode From Becoming Lagos Governor - Tinubu / 9 Buhari's Ministers that Nigerians think Are 'incompetent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by anumide(f): 6:44am On Nov 10, 2015
Okanokan:

By that time all of us don die finish, so who go come judge am.
grin
Okanokan:

By that time all of us don die finish, so who go come judge am.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by dridowu: 6:45am On Nov 10, 2015
monex:

hope you were not angry with those that voted for GEJ sha. cos i made a point on this forum that they (GEJ Supporters) had a choice whether they are voting on tribal sentiments or whatever but a lotta peeps even said they should be jailed for supporting corruption.
Personally, i encourage people to vote for the candidate of their choice , so i will never be angry with them, never i repeat.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by anonimi: 6:47am On Nov 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
I see the APC shoping for a new governorship candidate ahead of 2019.

Why wait till 2019 when he can be impeached now
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by wyqay: 6:52am On Nov 10, 2015
I think it high time the governor go back to drawing board and map out strategy that will fit Lagos economy
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by khalids: 6:55am On Nov 10, 2015
Hello Pips, Ever since Linda Ikeji showed us the benefits of her blogging, everyone I know now wants to open a blog.
Na wa for people with copy and paste mentality.

Anyways this fellow in my office open his own "Block" (this is no error or typo) grin.
I don tell the guy make him learn to spell first before opening any blog.

Anyways see the blog link below feel free to bash him or encourage him (all na traffic)

http://davisonplat..com.ng/

You might also get some good sports prediction for all you sports betting lovers. Note, me don loose over 3k on this bros prediction ooo cry
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 10, 2015
My people....Fashola and all APC ancestors refused to develop Lagos state in sync

The degeneration will continue.

Dubai is a pure desert and you think you live in a metropolis..sorry o

He built the Cele bridge and not modernize the area....he did Bode Thomas and left Aguda!!!
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by nightmile: 6:58am On Nov 10, 2015
I never believed even an slowpoke from the east would be so shamless to talk about performance in governance. Their so called headboys in Govt. house ate morons. I wonder why you have to go every where with your picture on your chest when you are physically present at same location.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 10, 2015
My people....Fashola and all APC ancestors refused to develop Lagos state in sync

The degeneration will continue.

Dubai is a pure desert and you think you live in a metropolis..sorry o

He built the Celebridge and not modernize the area....
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by dridowu: 7:01am On Nov 10, 2015
IzonOwei:
Oya suffer with the ambode na...slaves...for how long would you people suffer as vassals under tinubu...the annoying thing is because true federalism is not practiced we non indigenes have to stay in lagos to work and suffer the results of the collective foolishness of lagosians and the lagos state government...
If you are not satisfied with LASG/Lagosians decision, then the last time i check their is always bus @ the motor park or better still you can use the aeroplane to pack your bag and baggage out of Lagos. If your is state administrator is better than lagos , then you will be happy to relocate back without questioning. For your info am not from Lagos, i am Ogun yet am happy with LASG/Lagosian.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by jaymichael(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2015
Teedol:

The bottom line is that most Nigerians forget things easily, I remembered Ambode almost lost the last election cos pple believed he cared more for the rich than d poor. Am happy Ambode checked d powers of the silly LASTMA goats. As per d security issue, blame the police and d present economic condition of the country. As far as am concerned the state doesn't have its own police force, the state govt can only aid the police with operational vehicles and probably insentives to do a better job and which am sure Ambode has been doing.
Both you and the person you quoted have both said the truth. God bless you both.
one thing that I will add and people are not looking at is the proliferation of arms during the last presidential election. We know the party and the candidate that gave hoodlums and criminals weapons money and contracts in other to help him win (rig) the election. These weapons may be the same used to terrorize lagosians and by the same set of criminals and hoodlums.
We can still recall the Lekki and Festac robberies just before the election, it is still the same trend and pattern these robberies follow.
Ambode just need to sit up and work extra smart to rid our dear state of these obnoxious elements because failure is not an option and excuses can never be tolerated by opposition and supporters alike.
GOD bless and help our Governor to succeed.
Eko oni baje. It will prosper higher.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by baba2nday(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2015
IamMissMarvel:

Abi o.

Which time e start?

Don't share those views, wasn't he meant to build on what
His predecessor had started, instead my guy hit the reset button, to start all over again.....
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by bumtos(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2015
No one can satisfy you people. Even if Jesus Christ is Governor of lagos state today, Lagosians will still talk. Leave him alone pls. Come back and judge him 4 yrs to come.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by billyG(m): 7:15am On Nov 10, 2015
SenseiX:
TRAFFIC is a way of life in Lagos, Africa’s most populous city. Home by some counts to over 20m people, it is among the most notoriously congested places in the world. The “go-slow” piles up long before dawn as businessmen in SUVs and traders in battered buses hit the overburdened roads. It lasts until well after dark. Often the queues can be unfathomable: a rainstorm, a breakdown or a public holiday can condemn a driver to hours in horn-honking hell. Tardy workers proffer one irrefutable excuse: “Traffic is bad.”
Yet the gridlock that Lagosians have suffered in recent weeks is noteworthy even by the city’s horrendous standards. Rush hours have lengthened, and vehicles back up at unusual hours along the bridges linking the mainland with an island business district. Safety concerns are mounting as armed robbers pillage stuck cars while police are far away. Security experts reckon this is symptomatic of a broader increase in organised crime under a new and less competent state government.

[b]Lagos is a hub for investors in Africa—it is a bigger economy in its own right than most countries on the continent, so this is of serious concern. The state’s former governor, Babatunde Fashola, who left office after elections in March, was lauded for improving traffic and security. He curbed dangerous motorbike taxis and brought local “area boys” (street children), under control. Cars were terrified into order by a state traffic agency, LASTMA, whose bribe-hungry officers flagged down offending drivers.
His successor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is full of excuses, but few solutions, for the worsening gridlock. Traffic is always bad during the rains, he says. Nigerians are migrating to Lagos en masse in search of work in a worsening economy, his office adds. Yet the root of the problem is in policy: Mr Ambode cut the powers of traffic controllers by banning them from impounding cars. In retaliation, officers have refused to enforce the rules.

Reform in a culture riddled with corruption is never easy. Mr Ambode’s office says the measure was intended to create a more “civil society”. Less fastidious types think it amounts to weakness, and would prefer that he focused on public transport instead. The biggest concern is that the gridlock is a sign of a breakdown in relations between security forces, government agencies and the new governor. If that is the case, there could be worse to come. That is bad news not only for Lagosians, but all Nigerians too.[/b]
http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21677665-why-nigerias-largest-city-even-less-navigable-usual-paralysed?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fpe%2Fed%2Fparalysed
Cc lalasticlala
This useless Articule is PDP sponsors,pdp still bitter frm their humiliating defeat.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Orikinla(m): 7:29am On Nov 10, 2015
politricks:
Igbos not Nigerians.
. Igbos whine that they want Biafra, but majority of them prefer to live and work in Lagos and Abuja instead of doing their best to develop their own states across the River Niger.

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Eberex(m): 7:30am On Nov 10, 2015
politricks:
Igbos not Nigerians.

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by globallinkg(m): 7:41am On Nov 10, 2015
grin traffic?
SenseiX:
TRAFFIC is a way of life in Lagos, Africa’s most populous city. Home by some counts to over 20m people, it is among the most notoriously congested places in the world. The “go-slow” piles up long before dawn as businessmen in SUVs and traders in battered buses hit the overburdened roads. It lasts until well after dark. Often the queues can be unfathomable: a rainstorm, a breakdown or a public holiday can condemn a driver to hours in horn-honking hell. Tardy workers proffer one irrefutable excuse: “Traffic is bad.”
Yet the gridlock that Lagosians have suffered in recent weeks is noteworthy even by the city’s horrendous standards. Rush hours have lengthened, and vehicles back up at unusual hours along the bridges linking the mainland with an island business district. Safety concerns are mounting as armed robbers pillage stuck cars while police are far away. Security experts reckon this is symptomatic of a broader increase in organised crime under a new and less competent state government.

[b]Lagos is a hub for investors in Africa—it is a bigger economy in its own right than most countries on the continent, so this is of serious concern. The state’s former governor, Babatunde Fashola, who left office after elections in March, was lauded for improving traffic and security. He curbed dangerous motorbike taxis and brought local “area boys” (street children), under control. Cars were terrified into order by a state traffic agency, LASTMA, whose bribe-hungry officers flagged down offending drivers.
His successor, Akinwunmi Ambode, is full of excuses, but few solutions, for the worsening gridlock. Traffic is always bad during the rains, he says. Nigerians are migrating to Lagos en masse in search of work in a worsening economy, his office adds. Yet the root of the problem is in policy: Mr Ambode cut the powers of traffic controllers by banning them from impounding cars. In retaliation, officers have refused to enforce the rules.

Reform in a culture riddled with corruption is never easy. Mr Ambode’s office says the measure was intended to create a more “civil society”. Less fastidious types think it amounts to weakness, and would prefer that he focused on public transport instead. The biggest concern is that the gridlock is a sign of a breakdown in relations between security forces, government agencies and the new governor. If that is the case, there could be worse to come. That is bad news not only for Lagosians, but all Nigerians too.[/b]
http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21677665-why-nigerias-largest-city-even-less-navigable-usual-paralysed?fsrc=scn%2Ftw%2Fte%2Fpe%2Fed%2Fparalysed
Cc lalasticlala
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by free2ryhme: 7:44am On Nov 10, 2015
I live in the capital where we also experience slower traffics but not the gridlock usually associated with Lagos. I think the state government under governor Ambode should encourage the use of water transport to ease the burden on the roads. The roads should also be rehabilitated. But most people would not want to use the water ways unless there is a synergy among the security forces.

The impounding of vehicles of traffic offenders by LASMA should be done with more civility but I do not share your view which is to the effect that all LASMA officers are corrupt: "bribe-hungry", in your words. That would be fallacious hasty generalisation.

Finally, governor Ambode may not be as charismatic and firm like the former governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, but then that's one of the drawbacks of democracy. The present governor will also have his strong points and which he would also bring to the table...

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Gidi3020(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2015
Waiting for front page
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:
lies ? How did i lie ? Does being good orator makes a good administrator ? Did JK pharmacy has a website ? Or please quote the point i lie .

Jk had a personal website during the election sir
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by aleem50(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2015
I am very sure that those that are criticizing gov. Ambode now are gonna be the people to praise him soon. In other news today is my birthday, my fellow nairalanders show me love with likes.

1 Like

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by JuanDeDios: 8:05am On Nov 10, 2015
Cars were terrified into order by a state traffic agency, LASTMA, whose bribe-hungry officers flagged down offending drivers.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 10, 2015
Or mayb he is not incompetent. Probably we are used to the overcompetent ex governor grin

God bless Fashola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Duekanem(m): 8:21am On Nov 10, 2015
searching4loove:
undecided AMBODE IS THE BEST GOVERNOR IN NIGERIA AT THE MOMENT. EVERY LAGOSIAN IS HAPPY WITH HIM. THIS PDP PROPAGANDA IS DEAD ON ARRIVAL undecided
Ha you can lie o
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by dridowu: 8:21am On Nov 10, 2015
Promhize:

Jk had a personal website during the election sir
Personal Website , yes solely for electionerring but the company he manages for over a decades No and he want to manage Lagos
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 10, 2015
politricks:
Igbos not Nigerians.

So the economy is worsening??
Ok grin
Sai Baba!!!!!
Sai Ambode tongue tongue!!!
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:
If you are not satisfied with LASG/Lagosians decision, then the last time i check their is always bus @ the motor park or better still you can use the aeroplane to pack your bag and baggage out of Lagos. If your is state administrator is better than lagos , then you will be happy to relocate back without questioning. For your info am not from Lagos, i am Ogun yet am happy with LASG/Lagosian.
LETS WAIT FOR TRUE FEDERALISM SO THAT ALL THE OIL COMPANIES CAN RELOCATE TO THE NIGER DELTA AND LEAVE THIS OVERHYPED FOOLISH CITY CALLED LAGOS EMPTY,,...USELESS CITY... angry angry angry
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 10, 2015
billyG:

This useless Articule is PDP sponsors,pdp still bitter frm their humiliating defeat.

Just what I thought undecided undecided, PDP Now controls western media and are out to ridicule our dear Baba who is working very hard cry cry. Sai Buhari grin grin
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Okies27(m): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2015
biafranqueen:
Go and take it up with your traditional ruler Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu’s his death threat and curse that Igbo will drown in Lagos lagoon within seven days if they did not vote for the All Progressives Congress has now backfired in every way possible.
What ever you put out there comes back to you.
The Law of Attraction is Real!
. If we are to go by this, Lagos didn't go bad overnight. If it did,then,APC has nothing to offer cos we see the same at the federal govt. If you think otherwise,express your view by hitting quote n comment.
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Theman13: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2015
dihalao:
Last to comment
Don't be too sure "Sir Werey" !!!
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by oluwasegun007(m): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2015
dats an open secret......
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:
Personal Website , yes solely for electionerring but the company he manages for over a decades No and he want to manage Lagos

That has nothing to do with governing a state. The company has been successful for years without an online presence, in Nigeria you and I know that a website isn't a pre-requisite to a successful business. We just aren't there yet.

You may deny, but you and I know that JK is as charismatic as Fashola, and Ambode is not in their league intellectually. Doesn't matter how many years he has spent in public service
Re: New Lagos Governor Ambode Incompetent - The Economist by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2015
dridowu:
Who are you to tell people who to vote for ? People have their choice and they go for it. You can't force your choice on others and others can't force their choice/opinion on you and moreover election is about winner/loser.
IMO ,Yes, Ambode might not be performing to expectation but still yet JK will not outperform him if he has the opportunity. JK that promises free wifi to Lagosian but yet JK pharmacy has no website as at electioneering period. For JK, it easier said than done may be because he is good as an orator.

GBN

So the southwesterners have choice on who to vote but you guy curse the southeasterners for sticking with GEJ.

You guys are hypocrites unlimited.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Besiege National Assembly / Awurum Eze Not ESN Operative, Says IPOB / Bashir Ahmad Taunts Ganduje: Take Your Old Naira Notes To CBN If Legitimate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.