Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,808 members, 7,827,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo (70776 Views)

Everything Crashing Under Buhari Even MMM / Ikengawo's Collection Of Excuses For Buhari As Our Economy Collapses / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by KanwuliaJara: 8:36am On Nov 10, 2015
Muchechecheche

#BringBackOurCOWS#

GO-SLOW-STEADY-STEADY!!!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by wiseoneking: 8:36am On Nov 10, 2015
Adminisher:

What did you expect with fake statistics that the last government was churning out?.

In any case a lot of it is global recession related and some are changing culture in Nigeria. Look at the list properly. Breweries are going out of business the world over in Nigeeia even more as they are going in the opposite direction to Churches which are growing by the day. Lafarge is crashing because Dangote is climbing.FMCG sector however is booming because operators know their market.

Buhari economics will start in January. What Nigeria is doing now is managing the disaster of Jonathan economics when the high oil price that was COVERING it up crashed.

Buhari will reflate by constructing roads, dams, bridges, sewage and drainage systems just to create employment for young people. This will increase inflation till 2017 and will drop the naira even more but people will be gainfully employed and we will have infrastructure and growth. After 2017 the boost in local demand by many young people working will pull in foreign investments and the economy will start booming. Nigeria should keep up the anti corruption war, collect it's taxes, endure short term inflatiom and try to keep young people employed...this young people employment is very important and Breweries and all the businesses you have mentioned will not do the trick. Massive public works is the answer.
Then we can grow sustainably like China instead of stupidly like Brazil.
Eeeeyah, he is still comforting his apc blind supporters that buhari SCAM is for their own good. Until you wake up from your day dream of becoming like China, i will not sai go slow. You are like, "CHINA DREAM" Ha ha ha. . Sai change, sai buhari.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by femtoj2: 8:36am On Nov 10, 2015
Adminisher:

What did you expect with fake statistics that the last government was churning out?.

In any case a lot of it is global recession related and some are changing culture in Nigeria. Look at the list properly. Breweries are going out of business the world over in Nigeeia even more as they are going in the opposite direction to Churches which are growing by the day. Lafarge is crashing because Dangote is climbing.FMCG sector however is booming because operators know their market.

Buhari economics will start in January. What Nigeria is doing now is managing the disaster of Jonathan economics when the high oil price that was COVERING it up crashed.

Buhari will reflate by constructing roads, dams, bridges, sewage and drainage systems just to create employment for young people. This will increase inflation till 2017 and will drop the naira even more but people will be gainfully employed and we will have infrastructure and growth. After 2017 the boost in local demand by many young people working will pull in foreign investments and the economy will start booming. Nigeria should keep up the anti corruption war, collect it's taxes, endure short term inflatiom and try to keep young people employed...this young people employment is very important and Breweries and all the businesses you have mentioned will not do the trick. Massive public works is the answer.
Then we can grow sustainably like China instead of stupidly like Brazil.

GBAM! You are on POINT.

Sometimes I find it so difficult to understand what goes on in the mind of people. Their write-ups shows they are not Illiterate then I wonder who they are..... I would assume they gush out their un-objective and politically motivated opinion on "PURPOSE" with a motive to force wrong ideas into our head. Thanks to God some of us reads with our 3 eyes opened shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

OP/and others in support of this post, Please kindly note that it is on record that the past government under the watch of GEJ has mop out the entire budget of 2015 in the name of election reason why we are struggling now. The new Government in town is not ready to do anything out side of the constitution so that they don't commit same error of the past Government.

The tenure of PMB starts in JAN 2016, technically.

So lets starts our constructive criticism of PMB starting next year.2016

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by free2ryhme: 8:37am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

lol, either yoruba man wants me to spoonfed him or running away from facts. This topic is not new, we discussed it extensively here.
https://www.nairaland.com/2689625/states-internally-generated-revenue-see

cure your ignorance

for your info I am not Yoruba and

secondly I don't deal with adulterated and fancy figures

I gave a you a certified NBS IGRs report for year ended 2014 if you have 2015 as you claim post it with a direct link

you cant force your falsification down my throat or are you trying to brainwash me in accepting a 2014 IGRs as 2015 even your so-claim IGRs for 2015 is false

go and learn propaganda from Goebbels
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Missmossy(f): 8:38am On Nov 10, 2015
The person who created this thread, what exactly is your point??

Or you trying to paint Buhari as been the reason behind all of your this. Very lame and incorrigible i must confess. We should learn to think beyond our five senses.

4 Likes

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by dare0834(m): 8:39am On Nov 10, 2015
You mentioned companies that have reduced profits, have you checked companies that increased their profits?

Banks like GTB, Zenith and First Bank are making record profits, GTB is on his way to make a record over N120 Billion for this financial year.

Dangote Cement is also on his way to make record profits ever declared on the Nigeria stock exchange this year

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 10, 2015
slydog:

Lol, any source as to the directive that all ministries to bank with unity bank?
Nigeria was rich under Jonathan, how rich did you become as a Nigerian
You got served http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34256900
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by calaway: 8:41am On Nov 10, 2015
ransomed:
These company used to declare bogus kangaroo profit to shortchange government in the last 16 years. A new sheriff is in town and everyone is adjusting to the truth asap. No more declaration of fake profit before tax.
mumu!! senseless zombie!!!

declaring more profit means they will pay more tax to government and more dividends to share holders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by zomoears(m): 8:41am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Zombie why then did buhari take glory for the under 17 world cup? Q3?

Your type cannot engage constructively without resort to insults.

Ignoring reality is a choice...
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by focus7: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2015
Ikengawo is obvious you have not recover from Jonathan lost in the past elections so you are doing everything possible to discredit Buhari. Well it doesn't matter what you do, Buhari has come to stay till 2014, you don't like get a rope to you neck, jump is the car and speed away.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Reference(m): 8:43am On Nov 10, 2015
These are not caused by the government but the system. The fact that Cadbury is amongst the list is symptomatic of how badly Nigerians have mentally degenerated. For heaven's sake does government need to announce policy for you to have a cup of hot cocoa in the morning or will the Chinese decline in oil demand cause you not to bathe, cook and sleep or log onto your daily tonic - Nairaland grin.

Shows we are lazy people, bereft of original ideas of creating wealth and value and as a nation (not government alone) depend on one resource - oil for life and living. This is bad. I will always say this: People make government not the other way round. In most decent climes government only regulates (that is then rein in) a people galloping with ideas, innovation and enterprise. Here we require government to drag us kicking and screaming to work and find every reason under the sun to blame them for every economic woe.

Granted this government is slow, obviously out of its depth on most aspects of governance, missing targets and expectations here and there but what we are seeing is not about their performance or lack of it. If Jonathan had continued the situation will have happened sooner than later. It is rather a systemic, structural and people-centric malaise. Nigerians are not developing this country as they should. They are folding their hands and waiting to be fed. That is why we are oft misled and frequently disappointed, the hallmarks of a beggarly status.

Blessed are those without expectations for they shall never be disappointed. I'm in that camp. I have no economic stress whatsoever. Productivity keeps on rising. Because I go out every day to create value and it is recognised both home and overseas.

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 10, 2015
naijaking1:
Those st.u..pid companies are wailing wailers who are jealous of PMB success at the elections, his beautiful under-aged wife, his body language, his gap-toothed smile, and his fight against corruption. You know they say when you fight corruption, corruption fights back.
These companies must be Igbos or something

100000000 likes but I'm limited to just 1.

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by ceemere: 8:44am On Nov 10, 2015
naijaking1:
Those st.u..pid companies are wailing wailers who are jealous of PMB success at the elections, his beautiful under-aged wife, his body language, his gap-toothed smile, and his fight against corruption. You know they say when you fight corruption, corruption fights back.
These companies must be Igbos or something
MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGUUUUUUUUUUUUU, ZOOOOOOOOOOMBIE grin ishi gbawaa gi there, anu mpam smiley
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Ujupsy: 8:45am On Nov 10, 2015
The worst is yet to come who among his ministers is a renowned, world class economist,who have tackled economic matters here and abroad, I await to see what he has been bragging to offer this country, I pray Nigerian won't cry at last
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 10, 2015
focus7:
Ikengawo is obvious you have not recover from Jonathan lost in the past elections so you are doing everything possible to discredit Buhari. Well it doesn't matter what you do, Buhari has come to stay till 2014, you don't like get a rope to you neck, jump is the car and speed away.

Just like the Economy, you are marching in reverse direction.
Weldone.
Sai Buhari undecided undecided
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by bluaero(m): 8:46am On Nov 10, 2015
Ikengawo:

Buhari be like "eh? walahi i met a firtually ampty treasury. It waas the kwarapshin during jonathan administrashin that was the cose"
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by kris2322(m): 8:48am On Nov 10, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]The loss decline in sale was on under jonas regime so bubu can't be blame cause he met a worsening economy....so the loss in deciline was past through is regime. I believe there will be a gradual rise in the economy.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by FreeGlobe(f): 8:49am On Nov 10, 2015
free2ryhme:

for your info I am not Yoruba and

secondly I don't deal with adulterated and fancy figures

I gave a you a certified NBS IGRs report for year ended 2014 if you have 2015 as you claim post it with a direct link

you cant force your falsification down my throat or are you trying to brainwash me in accepting a 2014 IGRs as 2015 even your so-claim IGRs for 2015 is false

go and learn propaganda from Goebbels
you are sounding like an illiterate. The certified NBS IGR report you gave me, is it complete? I gave you the completed report released last month and even on their website and you are talking rubbish. Get lost please. You have no defense
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by FreeGlobe(f): 8:51am On Nov 10, 2015
Missmossy:
The person who created this thread, what exactly is your point??

Or you trying to paint Buhari as been the reason behind all of your this. Very lame and incorrigible i must confess. We should learn to think beyond our five senses.
who is the reason then? Educate us.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by free2ryhme: 8:53am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you are sounding like an illiterate. The certified NBS IGR report you gave me, is it complete? I gave you the completed report released last month and even on their website and you are talking rubbish. Get lost please. You have no defense

which is incomplete you or the NBS website

when a typical Ibo man discovers he is caught in his own devices he resort to naming calling

Show me NBS approved IGRs and stop referring me to some baseless links and nairaland discussion board
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by wirinet(m): 8:54am On Nov 10, 2015
The OP should be featured in a night of a thousand laughs, because this post is a huge joke.

Buhari is responsible for half year decline in profits of companies? Do you know what half year means? It means January to June, so Buhari's one month reign as president from may 29 to June 30 is responsible for all profit decline by companies in Nigeria?

The funniest joke is the one about the decline of MTN's profit in Nigeria and South African . Buhari must be the first presidents of two countries simultaneously in the history of the world.

3 Likes

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by FreeGlobe(f): 8:55am On Nov 10, 2015
free2ryhme:

which is incomplete you or the NBS website
you have a brain. use it. Read the link I gave you. stop dragging a lost argument
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by zomoears(m): 8:56am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Zombie why then did buhari take glory for the under 17 world cup? Q3?

It was wrong for Femi Adesina to take absolute glory for the U 17 success. We cannot deny that the call from the Presidency to the team could have been a source of motivation, but discovery and preparation for the tournament began long before this govt took power.

Buhari is slow, no doubt. When he does take a step, it is bold and resounding. Makes me want to give him the benefit of doubt.

Besides, we still have PVC, nd we ll kick him out soon afterwards.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by babestella: 8:57am On Nov 10, 2015
investnow2013:
We should always know that these Muiltinational companies are there just for profit and if not, they will cut & run!.Our Indigeneous companies have no way to run, but Nigeria!!!!!

These same multinationals employed thousands of Nigerians, pay millions in taxes to FG.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by honeywealth75(m): 8:57am On Nov 10, 2015
@ op i would av consider ur post as un biased only if u had told us dat jonathan was @ d helm of affairs 4over 6months and dat left alot of damages to nigeria economy b4 Pnb arrived
Ikengawo:
I challenge anyone to post me examples of Job creation. I am not saying they don't exist though I believe this, I am simply laying the evidence before you to make your own conclusion as a voter.

November
Nigeria: Virgin Atlantic May Have Pulled Out of Nigeria, Sacks Nigerian Staff

Quote: "We fought daily battle against government agents who wanted to daily make fortune from us, politicians who saw the government 49 per cent as a meal to seek for all kinds of favour... watchdogs (regulatory body) that didn't know what to do and persistently asking for bribes at any point... Nigerian people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane... that may be irony because the people make up the politicians."
http://allafrica.com/stories/201511090151.html

Honeywell Flour Mills reports 66.27% decline in full year profit
https://trwstockbrokers./2015/08/03/honeywell-flour-mills-reports-66-27-decline-in-full-year-profit/

October
Guinness Nigeria suffers 76% profit decline
http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/10/24/guinness-nigeria-suffers-76-profit-decline/

Lafarge Africa’s profit dips amidst slow sales in Q3
http://thenationonlineng.net/lafarge-africas-profit-dips-amidst-slow-sales-in-q3/

Unilever Nigeria : FMCG Companies Suffer Half-Year Profit Decline
http://www.4-traders.com/UNILEVER-NIGERIA-PLC-8252801/news/Unilever-Nigeria--FMCG-Companies-Suffer-Half-Year-Profit-Decline-21155149/

First Aluminium Nigeria records 21.8 % profit decline
http://worldstagegroup.com/index.php?active=news&newscid=25451&catid=30

AIICO INSURANCE PLC: Decline in profits
http://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20151108/281827167647336/TextView

Facts behind Diamond Bank’s 12percent profit decline in H1 2015
http://www.transparentnigeria.com/news_entries/24294/Facts-behind-Diamond-Bank%E2%80%99s-12percent-profit-decline-in-H1-2015

Cadbury Nigeria Records 98% Dip in Nine Months Profit
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cadbury-nigeria-records-98-dip-in-nine-months-profit/222822/

HoneyWell Flourmills Records Profit Decline in Half Year 2015
http://www.bullsnbearsng.com/2015/10/honeywell-flourmills-records-profit.html

PZ Cussons: A corporate giant on the decline
http://newmail-ng.com/pz-cussons-a-corporate-giant-on-the-decline

September
Mobil Oil Nigeria records 39% profit decline
Quote: The financial results of the company for the period ended 30th September 2015 published by theNigerian Stock Exchange today showed that profit before tax fell 33.5 per cent
http://naija247news.com/2015/10/mobil-oil-nigeria-records-39-profit-decline/

August
MTN’s Profit Declines as Sales Fall in Nigeria, South Africa
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-05/mtn-profit-declines-11-as-sales-fall-in-nigeria-south-africa

Nestle Nigeria records 50.8% profit decline in Q1
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nestle-nigeria-records-50-8-profit-decline-in-q1/

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by ransomed: 8:58am On Nov 10, 2015
calaway:

mumu!! senseless zombie!!!

declaring more profit means they will pay more tax to government and more dividends to share holders.
:-- You can call me all sorts of names but, if i and my colleagues have folded our arms and play e-politics like you. These firms would have polluted your life into an extinction. Go get a job and stop idling away.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Jabioro: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2015
Your facts and figures are carryover disease from former administration
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Ujupsy: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2015
grossindel:

Ask yourself these if you think buhari is on point.. Why did he oder all the ministries to bank with unity bank only? Why ban 113 oil vessels from importing cruid and appointing just four companies (Femi and co) to do so. Why asking all the vessles to land only in Intel's jetty while Ifeanyi oba and co owns the highest jetty in Africa. The fuel scarcity we have today is as a result of buharis dumb moves in the name of fighting currpotion. Oil marketers have refused to land in Intel's instead they land in cotonue and syphone oil into Nigeria with boats. Now 3 refineries in Nigeria have been shout down because they produce below 60 percent efficiency and buhari is so broke he can't afford $500m to fix each of them. GEJ may be the reason we are hia but I believe you know that under his administration Nigeria became the richest country in Africa. You and I could see it, the way u manage ur money now u can't compare to before. Nigeria is a developing country, you can't just wake up one day and regulate every look and coner of the system, it won't work!!
The worst tribalist that ever lived ,I pity his govt,I pity Nigeria
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by FreeGlobe(f): 8:59am On Nov 10, 2015
zomoears:

It was wrong for Femi Adesina to take absolute glory for the U 17 success. We cannot deny that the call from the Presidency to the team could have been a source of motivation, but discovery and preparation for the tournament began long before this govt took power.

Buhari is slow, no doubt. When he does take a step, it is bold and resounding. Makes me want to give him the benefit of doubt.

Besides, we still have PVC, nd we ll kick him out soon afterwards.
what are the bold and resounding steps buhari has taken so far?
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by free2ryhme: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you have a brain. use it. Read the link I gave you. stop dragging a lost argument
\

you don't even have a brain if you do you wont refer me to some baseless posts
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Dee60: 9:01am On Nov 10, 2015
Bollove:
all these ikengawo and barcanista of this nairaland are bunch of ignorant mofos , uncivilised, uncut and unrefined.

MNCs has always been making abnormal profits in Nigeria .... MNCs rendered services that is not citizen oriented, more powerful than regulatory agency and do not give a hoot about Nigeria other than profit, profit and profit.

All MNCs in the Oil sector operating in NigerDelta, if they should be made to clean up ogoni land and many other communities affected by oil spillage which is normal global standard operating procedure, do you think their profit would be as high as being quoted.

what these MNCs did in Nigeria and are doing , they dear not try it in any advanced nations......... They are here just to make money simple while contributing little to sustainability.

imagine the lackadaisical attitude of MTN to the government policy on simcards .......... Useless mtn think it is business as usual .... Am on MTN network but when a company disregard our policy on our own soil, then she should face the music or ship-out.

oil companies on clean up and many other non citizen oriented services rendered by others.

The era of lack of political and intellectual will to deal with these MNCs is over, the era of Jonathan, Yar'adua and obasanjo is over .....

New Sheriff is in town, only MNCs which care about Nigeria and Nigerians should stay behind to make legitimate money, only investors who wants to make legitimate ROI should stay behind ...... for those ones who have come in through backdoors, bribery and corruption through their unpatriotic accomplice in government, they are free to leave.

Majority of MNCs and other FDIs came into Nigeria through corruption because Nigeria is one hell of a country with abnormal and illegitimate return on investment, Now they are taking away their money cuz Government is imposing citizen oriented service which shall rub them off their ill gotten wealth.

let them all go, they will come back when they are ready for legitimate deals and they should allow genuine investors to take over our huge market.

PMB is making the grounds for the good ones to come and the bad ones to pack and go!

So called MNCs have not been participating in our development. All their offices and homes are in Ikoyi and they dont want to know what Nigeria is about. They just want to make their money and ship out. Ask them, they themselves tell you that they will get away with anything in Nigeria and there is no other country like ours where anything goes and where they feel evenryone has a price tag!

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by mekadinho(f): 9:01am On Nov 10, 2015
naijaking1:

See, I told them so. One naira must be equal to One dollar TODAY!
Hahaha...... Guy no break my stomach oh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Breakdown Of What President Buhari, Osinbajo Will Receive As Salaries/allowances / El-Rufai And Other Northern APC Governors React To Yahaya Bello's Protest / Atiku Abubakar Wears N1 Million Louis Vuitton Shoes To PDP Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.