Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo (70762 Views)

Everything Crashing Under Buhari Even MMM / Ikengawo's Collection Of Excuses For Buhari As Our Economy Collapses / Why Power Supply Improved Under Buhari, By Nebo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:01am On Nov 10, 2015
free2ryhme:
\

you don't even have a brain if you do you wont refer me to some baseless posts
you called that a baseless post? You are a mad man.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by slydog(m): 9:02am On Nov 10, 2015
grossindel:

You got served http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34256900

This is how pple like you go about spreading rumuor and misinformation. Where in d piece did Buhari say all govt agencies should bank with unity bank??: (
Nigeria ministries get single bank account to fight fraud
15 September 2015
From Africa
Muhamadu BuhariImage AFP
President Buhari, who gave the Tuesday deadline, believes officials have stolen about $150bn over the past decade
A deadline for Nigerian government departments to ensure all financial transactions pass through a single bank account expires at the end of Tuesday.
The move is intended to make it easier to monitor government spending and stamp out corruption.
The account will be managed by the central bank and it is estimated that commercial banks will lose $10bn (£7bn) when the money is transferred.
Departments that fail to comply by midnight (23:00) will face sanctions.
BBC Africa Live: News updates
President Muhamadu Buhari, who gave the order to close the multiple bank accounts, has said that he believes government officials have stolen about $150bn over the past decade.
ADVERTISEMENT

Obadiah Mailafia, the former deputy governor of Nigeria's Central Bank, told the BBC's Focus on Africa radio programme that it has been easy for fraud to take place because the government did not know how many bank accounts each ministry held.
"They provided avenues for corrupt ransacking behaviour in the past. So the thinking of government was to centralise these accounts so they are easier to monitor," Mr Mailafia said.
The BBC's Abdullahi Kaura Abubakar in the capital, Abuja, says the recent implementation of a single account for state finances has also helped Kaduna state track down funds.
The state has reportedly uncovered 25bn naira ($13m; £8m) it previously was not aware existed, he says.
Share this st

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Truckpusher(m): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2015
Ikengawo:

LMFAO, true Logician
[img]http://media./media/G1Zu26ae7mZr2/giphy.gif[/img]
supporter of APC economics
grin grin grin
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by tonquendo4u(m): 9:05am On Nov 10, 2015
basilo101:
Yorubas keep bragging that they can survive without oil because of multinationals in Lagos, nw oil price and they are all losing, hw cn dey cope with Tinubu's overtaxation to keep sustain Lagos economy? Jst watch, only indegenous companies mainly in d east have d resilience to withstand this
Igbos pay d taxes.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by ArcIbrahim38(m): 9:05am On Nov 10, 2015
To make an omelette you must break eggs....now
No more tax waiving.........
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by xxgig(m): 9:07am On Nov 10, 2015
We should not be fooled, the only way for these coys to beat the structure been setup by this government is to declare less profit. truly these are hard times but these guys are over exaggerating this thing.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by tonquendo4u(m): 9:08am On Nov 10, 2015
investnow2013:
We should always know that these Muiltinational companies are there just for profit and if not, they will cut & run!.Our Indigeneous companies have no way to run, but Nigeria!!!!!
.thesr multinationals create jobs,pay taxes and contribute majorly to national growth.we can't just survive wt indigenous companies.No country does

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 10, 2015
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by tonquendo4u(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2015
naijaking1:
Those st.u..pid companies are wailing wailers who are jealous of PMB success at the elections, his beautiful under-aged wife, his body language, his gap-toothed smile, and his fight against corruption. You know they say when you fight corruption, corruption fights back.
These companies must be Igbos or something
Receive brain
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 10, 2015
Kingbilo:
If you had any foresight at all you would know we were in for hard economic times 18 months ago.. The president is not the economy.. Yes, maybe some of decisions have not been well advised but even the best leader couldn't turn this ship around in 6 months... I'm not saying buhari is doing an excellent job.. But I think we need to stop equating the performance of the president to the performance of the economy.. He can't just move chess pieces around and fix it.. This ship had been heading for an iceberg for 2 years now.. His job is to minimise impact via austerity and alternative revenue generation...

Exactly...especially at the red part.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by vislabraye(m): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2015
Ikengawo:

LMFAO, true Logician
[img]http://media./media/G1Zu26ae7mZr2/giphy.gif[/img]
supporter of APC economics

Do you know what he's trying to say
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 10, 2015
why must the writer tag buhari to the issue every one knows buhari is not an economist this should have been written as advisory article or warning to the cbn, ministry of fin and eco and other govt institutions in as much as there are separation of power in any govt there are also separation of duty Nigerians should stop politicizing every issue every one has a role to play in govt,ýou can contribute your own quarter by just dishing out advisory articles and mailing them to our public institutions if you ar an xprt
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by free2ryhme: 9:20am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you called that a baseless post? You are a mad man.

I don't expect less from a typical Ibo man

You just revealed your true identity

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2015
HirstMOG:
The refineries they claimed PMB has fixed, hope they are still working at 100%. Propaganda government of APC. Surely, very soon.......

Yes....and back then, you people were telling us that it was thanks to GEJ doing his work......now that they are not working...it is Buhaari that did not fix them!

Honestly, are you not ashamed that GEJ spent 6 years, and our refineries were not fixed?

Anyway....before you start.....I hope PMB too fixes our refineries. No jokes.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by ijustdey: 9:22am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

[s]now you are talking like a zombie, I don't argue with zombies. mine is to provide you with facts and leave you interprete it the way you like.[/s]

I don't converse with a wailer who isn't rational and can't use its intelligence to understand a news but only use sentiments and ethnicity as a yardstick
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by walozanga(m): 9:23am On Nov 10, 2015
wristbangle:

I wasn't talking to you. So mind your business maggot.

Low life.. Keep talking to urself
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 10, 2015
Ikengawo:
I challenge anyone to post me examples of Job creation. I am not saying they don't exist though I believe this, I am simply laying the evidence before you to make your own conclusion as a voter.

Right, old chap. We is voters.....
November
Nigeria: Virgin Atlantic May Have Pulled Out of Nigeria, Sacks Nigerian Staff

Quote: "We fought daily battle against government agents who wanted to daily make fortune from us, politicians who saw the government 49 per cent as a meal to seek for all kinds of favour... watchdogs (regulatory body) that didn't know what to do and persistently asking for bribes at any point... Nigerian people are generally nice but the politicians are very insane... that may be irony because the people make up the politicians."
http://allafrica.com/stories/201511090151.html

And when did Virgin enter Nigeria?.....8 years ago.....5 of which were under your hero GEJ.

You have just vindicated our decision to vote for change. grin

Honeywell Flour Mills reports 66.27% decline in full year profit
https://trwstockbrokers./2015/08/03/honeywell-flour-mills-reports-66-27-decline-in-full-year-profit/

Guess who was in charge for half that year....besides....we do not have the money because oil prices fell....and GEJ forgot to take us off oil.

October
Guinness Nigeria suffers 76% profit decline
http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/10/24/guinness-nigeria-suffers-76-profit-decline/

Yes....and Guiness imports vital parts of its ingredients from abroad....which IT can no longer do because of forex restrictions, brought in to prop up the naira......which every oil producer is doing.

GEJ's fault....no diversification

Lafarge Africa’s profit dips amidst slow sales in Q3
http://thenationonlineng.net/lafarge-africas-profit-dips-amidst-slow-sales-in-q3/

Oil prices fell....simples.

Unilever Nigeria : FMCG Companies Suffer Half-Year Profit Decline
http://www.4-traders.com/UNILEVER-NIGERIA-PLC-8252801/news/Unilever-Nigeria--FMCG-Companies-Suffer-Half-Year-Profit-Decline-21155149/

HALF YEAR PROFIT decline....from January to June....when Buhari was in charge...oops! grin

First Aluminium Nigeria records 21.8 % profit decline
http://worldstagegroup.com/index.php?active=news&newscid=25451&catid=30

AIICO INSURANCE PLC: Decline in profits
http://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20151108/281827167647336/TextView

Facts behind Diamond Bank’s 12percent profit decline in H1 2015
http://www.transparentnigeria.com/news_entries/24294/Facts-behind-Diamond-Bank%E2%80%99s-12percent-profit-decline-in-H1-2015

Cadbury Nigeria Records 98% Dip in Nine Months Profit
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cadbury-nigeria-records-98-dip-in-nine-months-profit/222822/

HoneyWell Flourmills Records Profit Decline in Half Year 2015
http://www.bullsnbearsng.com/2015/10/honeywell-flourmills-records-profit.html

PZ Cussons: A corporate giant on the decline
http://newmail-ng.com/pz-cussons-a-corporate-giant-on-the-decline

Again.....first quarter declines......so

September
Mobil Oil Nigeria records 39% profit decline
Quote: The financial results of the company for the period ended 30th September 2015 published by theNigerian Stock Exchange today showed that profit before tax fell 33.5 per cent
http://naija247news.com/2015/10/mobil-oil-nigeria-records-39-profit-decline/

Mobil is an OIL comapny....and oil prices have been falling....because.....there is an oil glut....not because Buhari is in office.

August
MTN’s Profit Declines as Sales Fall in Nigeria, South Africa
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-08-05/mtn-profit-declines-11-as-sales-fall-in-nigeria-south-africa

MTN got itself into trobule....I guess we know that.

Nestle Nigeria records 50.8% profit decline in Q1
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/nestle-nigeria-records-50-8-profit-decline-in-q1/

Sigh.

I know the election was lost,and yes....you feeel hard done by. But these your examples are a poor way of looking at PMB performance.

A better way would be looking at how much he spends on power, education, and industry....ie gets us off oil dependency. You should also be asking for details about his austerity programmes.

Your problem is you want to chop money....you do not want to work for it.I hope APC hets Nigeria working...not waiting to chop money. If they do not.....we should consider voting them out of office in 2019. The era of waiting for oil money is over. Everybody is producing oil.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by NigerianDiamond(m): 9:37am On Nov 10, 2015
basilo101:
Yorubas keep bragging that they can survive without oil because of multinationals in Lagos, nw oil price and they are all losing, hw cn dey cope with Tinubu's overtaxation to keep sustain Lagos economy? Jst watch, only indegenous companies mainly in d east have d resilience to withstand this

Why are you obsessed about Yorubas? Has any Yoruba come to your doorstep to beg for food? I understand, your brain might be working anyway, it depicts you know YORUBAs are million miles ahead of your Igboid tribe...Idiot!

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:38am On Nov 10, 2015
free2ryhme:

I don't expect less from a typical Ibo man
You just revealed you true identity
you are a stark illiterate. A mad man. Go and provide your own statistics idiot.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by FreeGlobe(f): 9:39am On Nov 10, 2015
ijustdey:

I don't converse with a wailer who isn't rational and can't use its intelligence to understand a news but only use sentiments and ethnicity as a yardstick
Buhari is helping us destroy Nigeria. Welcome development
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by lookingfly: 9:40am On Nov 10, 2015
naijaking1:
Those st.u..pid companies are wailing wailers who are jealous of PMB success at the elections, his beautiful under-aged wife, his body language, his gap-toothed smile, and his fight against corruption. You know they say when you fight corruption, corruption fights back.
These companies must be Igbos or something
some people have head but can't use it. I pity you
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by femtoj2: 9:44am On Nov 10, 2015
Ujupsy:
The worst is yet to come who among his ministers is a renowned, world class economist,who have tackled economic matters here and abroad, I await to see what he has been bragging to offer this country, I pray Nigerian won't cry at last

It does not take a "world renowned world class economist" to fix Nigeria problems what is required is just "willing and a patriotic heart of a leader"

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by free2ryhme: 9:47am On Nov 10, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you are a stark illiterate. A mad man. Go and provide your own statistics idiot.

Why shld I provide IGRs Statistical report, I dey work for NBS grin

you provided yours riddled it with baseless and unconfirmed datas, you even went as far as saying it is an IGRs for 2015.

who is the stark illiterate and idiot?

Attached one again is the pdf file for 2010 - 2014 IGRs note I did not say 2015

2 Likes

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by pasol4real(m): 9:51am On Nov 10, 2015
basilo101:
What multinationals are u referring
to,oh they think if biafra goes that Lagos wud still exist?
Lagos wud be dead and so wud the so called multinationals.the only reason they are here is because of population .so imagine when about 15 million igbos leave Lagos .
Only one thing wud happen ....the superb n boisterous lagos economy wud seize to exist.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by dapsonlou(m): 9:51am On Nov 10, 2015
chinchum:
Are they suffering declining profits because Buhari became president 5 months ago?

OP, why art thou choosen to be so foolish and ridiculous ?

Declining oil prices and free fall of nigeria in exchange in 2014 affected all those compan1es. Your hero GEJ left a usd for 232 naira at the end of may 2015 in the parallel market.
Virtually all the results you postd were not even under the Buhari regime.

So Nairaland Still have some people with Sense. I didn't bother commenting because no matter how you Explain it, how Brothers from Biafra Will not Understand.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by dapsonlou(m): 9:53am On Nov 10, 2015
pasol4real:

What multinationals are u referring
to,oh they think id biafra goes that Lagos wud still exist?
Lagos wud be dead and so wud the so called multinationals.they only reason they are here is because of population .so imagine when about 15 million igbos leave Lagos .
Only one thing wud happen ....the superb n boisterous lagos economy wud seize to exist.

So the population of Igbos in Is 15million? How many of you come remain for Village?

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by free2ryhme: 9:54am On Nov 10, 2015
Ujupsy:
The worst is yet to come who among his ministers is a renowned, world class economist,who have tackled economic matters here and abroad, I await to see what he has been bragging to offer this country, I pray Nigerian won't cry at last

when your world class economist and renowned ministers where is charge of this country's economy was effect did it had on the common man( masses)?

Don't forget that the main throng of their policies is to improve the lives of the masses. When leaders are making decisions to enrich their selfishness and self centeredness then we have problem as a nation.

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by ibisko04: 9:55am On Nov 10, 2015
We are in corrections mode presently. All the economic fake statistics we were feeding on before are giving way for reality .
Nigeria system has been running on false information's since 1999.
Now that we have the truth, definitely, we must experience this type of situation.
Many of the company running in Nigeria are ordinary rent seekers.
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by marv1: 9:55am On Nov 10, 2015
DFemaleBoss:
Buhari has brought nothing but bad luck to Nigeria.
U dont even know what u are saying. What has happened till date in our economy is majorly a ripple effects of corruption, bad past govt policies etc. The damage done in the past 16yrs can not be fixed in 5months. We can not continue to do things the same way over and over and get better results. Govt needs to develop strong institutions to make things work in this country.

1 Like

Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by calaway: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2015
Re: List Of Multinationals In Nigeria That Are Crashing Under Buhari - By Ikengawo by calaway: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2015
ransomed:
:-- You can call me all sorts of names but, if i and my colleagues have folded our arms and play e-politics like you. These firms would have polluted your life into an extinction. Go get a job and stop idling away.

I simply calld out your inability to comprehend and understand the big picture, you claiming glory for nothing!

despite the daily export of ss and se crude oil the economy is going down the earlier you realize this the better, stop being a zombie.

first JP morgan and now its Barclays to Cut Nigeria from Emerging Markets Local Bond Index Feb 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Sowore Mobbed By Excited Family Members And Nigerians After His Release / Adams Oshiomhole Hugs His Mother At His Polling Unit In Edo. Photo / Jonathan Is An Embarrassment To Ph.D Holders - Professor Akin Oyebode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.