Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Biafra... Must Read..food For Thought - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra... Must Read..food For Thought (881 Views)

Charly Boy Defiant; Says 'I Now Know Why Biafra Must Come' / Must Read. Food For Thought For My Igbo Nation. / Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Biafra... Must Read..food For Thought by alrahmanonline(m): 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2015
Diokpa Frank Ofili Posted this .....QUESTIONS FOR MY SOUTH-EAST BROTHERS Truth hurts, but it must be told. Any society that wants to make a headway must at some point turn to truth for the compass. Here are the questions I want you to ponder this morning. The South-East easily shout of being marginalized, but they refuse to do that which will give them upper hand in any political situation. I have been an adult since the Second Republic. I witnessed all the regimes since Shagari, and at one time or the other people from the South East occupied influential positions in government. What did they do for their people? When Jakande\Tinubu\Fashola were planning and executing the transformation of Lagos what did the governors of the South East do? When Donald Duke and Akpabio were transforming Cross River and Akwa Ibom what did the governors of the South East states do? When Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu contested for the Presidency of Nigeria respectively, what did the South East people do? Fashola started the Eko Atlantic Estate - a project that would see to the transformation of Bar Beach into Africa's Hong Kong. Regardless of their differences, Governor Ambode would continue that project from where Fashola left off, no matter what. My question is, what are the South East governors doing today to reposition their states in say, 15, 20 years time? The other day I was at Aba. I was shocked at what I saw. Aba is an eye-sore. Yet Aba can be Africa’s Italy or France in terms of fashion. I know many South East personalities who were influential Ministers, Senators, House of Reps members, party chieftains etc., can we point to one specific government policy they influenced in favour of the South East? The roads in the South East are among the worst in the country. Who are you expecting to repair them for you? Why can't South East political leaders influence the Federal Government to repair Federal roads in the South East? Onitsha and Aba markets arguably have the biggest markets in West Africa. What have the South East leaders done to make them the hub of African commerce? Nnewi is arguably Africa's Taiwan, what have South East Leaders done to make it the hub of African technology? Why can't South East governors come together to turn Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi into Dubai, Shanghai and Japan of Africa? It is possible, the means are there, intelligent Igbo men and women are there and shrewd investors are there. Ndi Igbo are the most hard-working people I know. Why can't the leaders of the South East create the enabling environment for them to realize their full potential? Why do you wait for someone else to make that happen for you, and when it is not happening, you cry marginalization? I make bold to say that of all the South East governors I knew in the past, and those I know now, only Chief Sam Mbakwe worked for his people. What did the others do? Please let's tell the truth. The South East are their own worst enemy. And ah! before anyone accuses me, let me own up that we in the South-south are as guilty as the South-east. I reserve comment on my people for another day. Good morning.
Re: Biafra... Must Read..food For Thought by 7lives: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2015
alrahmanonline:

Diokpa Frank Ofili Posted this .....QUESTIONS
FOR MY SOUTH-EAST BROTHERS
Truth hurts, but it must be told. Any society
that wants to make a headway must at some
point turn to truth for the compass. Here are
the questions I want you to ponder this
morning.
The South-East easily shout of being
marginalized, but they refuse to do that which
will give them upper hand in any political
situation. I have been an adult since the
Second Republic. I witnessed all the regimes
since Shagari, and at one time or the other
people from the South East occupied
influential positions in government. What did
they do for their people?
When Jakande\Tinubu\Fashola were planning
and executing the transformation of Lagos
what did the governors of the South East do?
When Donald Duke and Akpabio were
transforming Cross River and Akwa Ibom what
did the governors of the South East states do?
When Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Chukwuemeka
Odimegwu Ojukwu contested for the
Presidency of Nigeria respectively, what did
the South East people do?
Fashola started the Eko Atlantic Estate - a
project that would see to the transformation of
Bar Beach into Africa's Hong Kong. Regardless
of their differences, Governor Ambode would
continue that project from where Fashola left
off, no matter what. My question is, what are
the South East governors doing today to
reposition their states in say, 15, 20 years
time? The other day I was at Aba. I was
shocked at what I saw. Aba is an eye-sore. Yet
Aba can be Africa’s Italy or France in terms of
fashion.
I know many South East personalities who were
influential Ministers, Senators, House of Reps
members, party chieftains etc., can we point to
one specific government policy they influenced
in favour of the South East? The roads in the
South East are among the worst in the country.
Who are you expecting to repair them for you?
Why can't South East political leaders influence
the Federal Government to repair Federal roads
in the South East?
Onitsha and Aba markets arguably have the
biggest markets in West Africa. What have the
South East leaders done to make them the hub
of African commerce? Nnewi is arguably
Africa's Taiwan, what have South East Leaders
done to make it the hub of African technology?
Why can't South East governors come together
to turn Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi into Dubai,
Shanghai and Japan of Africa? It is possible,
the means are there, intelligent Igbo men and
women are there and shrewd investors are
there. Ndi Igbo are the most hard-working
people I know. Why can't the leaders of the
South East create the enabling environment for
them to realize their full potential? Why do
you wait for someone else to make that happen
for you, and when it is not happening, you cry
marginalization?
I make bold to say that of all the South East
governors I knew in the past, and those I know
now, only Chief Sam Mbakwe worked for his
people. What did the others do? Please let's
tell the truth. The South East are their own
worst enemy.

And ah! before anyone accuses me, let me own
up that we in the South-south are as guilty as
the South-east. I reserve comment on my
people for another day. Good morning.

Issues like these are not only about the leaders, the followers are equally guilty.
LEADERS ARE LIKE ENGINES, THE CAPABILITY TO DELIVER AT THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY IS VERY IMPORTANT, ANYTHING SHORT OF THIS IS PAIN.
This is why the leaders of one region keep changing according to the prevailing conditions in the country while others viewed these people as mumu for following these new leaders sheepishly, the secret is that every region of this country is blessed with capable leaders, it is left to the followers to decide what they want and who should lead them 'CAUSE LEADERS ARE BORN, THEY ARE NOT MADE.

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Girl Allegedly Flogged By Soldiers In Port Harcourt / See Governor Fayose Shocking Birthday Cake / Boko Haram’s Rocket, IED Factory Uncovered In Borno, Multiple Bombings Averted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.