Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,585 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

My Wife Finally Opens Up - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Finally Opens Up (13690 Views)

Has My Wife Finally Moved On ? Update 2 / Update on : Has My Wife Finally Moved On / Has My Wife Finally Moved On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by HaneefahRN(f): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
raumdeuter:

This is not true. You're just embellishing
The wife works full time from 7-6 yet has no help no maid and the mother in law stays without helping with child care and to be taken care of again.

Lol. Tel another one
Lolz, I'm being serious here and nt an atom of lie in what I had been saying. Her mother-in-law was actually sick and the daughter who was supposedly meant to help out wt taking care of her was more of a burden than help. Hers was just to sleep, eat and watch TV but cos she was like age mates wt my mom, my mom ignored her and took up the care of the mother. Even then when my mom newly gave birth to a child, my maternal grandma took it upon herself to wash my paternal grandma's clothes cos they knw her daughter will nt wash them. At the end of the day, she died praying for my mum, cos she stood by her even more than her children. Even though, she had her work and children to also look after.
So u see nt every woman lives just to go to work and come back wtout making any impact in the home, I'm sure there are many women in my mum's shoe only probably in varying degrees. Thank God for the appliances that are being made to ease women's life.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by satowind(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
JudgementHammer:

That was maturity on the side of your wife. And u were really wrong not to have told her 1st at least once. I've always said to ppl that there's no maturity in expecting ur spouse to just know what u want without telling him/her 1st. A lot of couples are guilty of this.
I did but I didn't let her know it was eating me up
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Erums(m): 10:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
satowind:
Some days ago I created a topic on why people hide there salary from there spouse.

https://www.nairaland.com/2713974/why-people-keep-salaries-secret

I didn't even know my wife was that active on nairaland and she felt bad and apologized. She said she didn't know the salary issue bothered me this much and was a little bit angry I didn't tell her it bother me that much before taking it to the forum.

I didn't want the topic to hit front page but am glad it did cause it saved my marriage and she showed me every thing, her pay slips, her investment and her two bank account details and for the first time it seems as if I now know her. And we will soon be opening a joint account for family welfare. It just feels so right and is as if our marriage just began last night. At least now I have seen a future with her.

But o boy she rich oh and yet she is loyal at least that love or I think.

Thank you Seun and lalasticlala for saving my marriage.

Thank you all those that condemned the act and pls those that still hide, marriage is more fun when you share and communicate.

To those that gave a bad advice or said my wife is cheating ...thanks too

good for you...keeps you going...
but forr now Mr dj give me some more... legoo
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 15, 2015
satowind:
Some days ago I created a topic on why people hide there salary from there spouse.

I didn't even know my wife was that active on nairaland and she felt bad and apologized. She said she didn't know the salary issue bothered me this much and was a little bit angry I didn't tell her it bother me that much before taking it to the forum.

I didn't want the topic to hit front page but am glad it did cause it saved my marriage and she showed me every thing, her pay slips, her investment and her two bank account details and for the first time it seems as if I now know her. And we will soon be opening a joint account for family welfare. It just feels so right and is as if our marriage just began last night. At least now I have seen a future with her.

Thank you all those that condemned the act and pls those that still hide, marriage is more fun when you share and communicate.

Poster I hope you will not now relax and say my wife will handle things financially. I hope you will continue to provide at least half of the family needs eg rent, school fees etc etc. Also please if she is bringing half household needs, then I hope you are going to do household chores consistently without resentment . Selah

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Totfulguy: 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
satowind:

I beg to differ that it takes your wife's disclosure of her income for your family to be united. A confident man does not INSIST that his wife "opens up" on her income. It is not compulsory that a woman tells her husband what she earn. Such information or disclosure should be earned not commanded/forced/conned/coerced out of a woman. Men should understand that when you take a wife, it is your primary responsibility to take care of her and your children WHETHER SHE CONTRIBUTES OR NOT. SHE IS A HELPER NOT A CO-HEAD. A man is the HEAD and should carry out his duties.

When a man a noses around his wife's earning and wants to know what she earns and becomes insecure or unhappy that she has not divulged such information, it IS CONDESCENDING and amounts to reneging ones responsibility or vacating his duty. He is not a confident man and is not acting responsibly. He comes across as a weak man who is probably a gold digger. A man is not a man in his capacity to coax his wife into divulging her income, he is a man in his capacity to hustle genuinely and honorably and hold his own. When a REAL and CARING woman perceives the hard work, honest contribution and sense of caring leadership of her husband, she will voluntarily support him. Women are some of the most loyal beings and you get the best of them when you make them feel like a the center of the world (I mean genuinely not deceitfully). When you make a woman feel like the queen of your life, you will become her banker and her real estates agent (that the OP appears to yearn for and has finally secured).

I am not saying that some hardworking men dont get hit with tough times. They do. But MOST responsible men with a sense of pride do not insist on getting to know their income lest they loose their self respect. Even a broke man who is confident will not want to loose his gloss by crying over her earning.

My experience with men who get their wife to change title of property and open joint account (and they often are the sole signatory of the "joint" account) is that down the line, they gullible woman gets kicked out to face the reality of her stupidity because the "joint" account does not join the heart. It mostly funds the lazy mans excesses or profligacy. In many cases they get killed. If I were friends with the OP's wife I would advise her against opening the joint accounts and changing document titles. Men who marry women with the intention of leaving off them like leeches should simply swap positions and become the woman.

My love for my wife is not a consequence of her disclosure of her income, but the quality of woman she is. Dont mistake me for implying that I have NEVER HAD TO ASK MY WIFE FOR ASSISTANCE. I DO, but my wife knows that I am a hardworking man and I do not live off her. And even if her father were a "Tinubu" I (THE MAN SHE MARRIED) would NEVER ask her to change her property titles to my name and change her bank account to my name. That would be unnecessary because I am genuinely hustling and I do not need her father's property willed to her to be fine. That is not love...that is a heist in the making. Her father is a man like myself and worked hard to get his property. Why cant I do the same to have mine in my own way?

My take that is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by satowind(m): 1:55am On Mar 28, 2016
Totfulguy:

I beg to differ that it takes your wife's disclosure of her income for your family to be united. A confident man does not INSIST that his wife "opens up" on her income. It is not compulsory that a woman tells her husband what she earn. Such information or disclosure should be earned not commanded/forced/conned/coerced out of a woman. Men should understand that when you take a wife, it is your primary responsibility to take care of her and your children WHETHER SHE CONTRIBUTES OR NOT. SHE IS A HELPER NOT A CO-HEAD. A man is the HEAD and should carry out his duties.

When a man a noses around his wife's earning and wants to know what she earns and becomes insecure or unhappy that she has not divulged such information, it IS CONDESCENDING and amounts to reneging ones responsibility or vacating his duty. He is not a confident man and is not acting responsibly. He comes across as a weak man who is probably a gold digger. A man is not a man in his capacity to coax his wife into divulging her income, he is a man in his capacity to hustle genuinely and honorably and hold his own. When a REAL and CARING woman perceives the hard work, honest contribution and sense of caring leadership of her husband, she will voluntarily support him. Women are some of the most loyal beings and you get the best of them when you make them feel like a the center of the world (I mean genuinely not deceitfully). When you make a woman feel like the queen of your life, you will become her banker and her real estates agent (that the OP appears to yearn for and has finally secured).

I am not saying that some hardworking men dont get hit with tough times. They do. But MOST responsible men with a sense of pride do not insist on getting to know their income lest they loose their self respect. Even a broke man who is confident will not want to loose his gloss by crying over her earning.

My experience with men who get their wife to change title of property and open joint account (and they often are the sole signatory of the "joint" account) is that down the line, they gullible woman gets kicked out to face the reality of her stupidity because the "joint" account does not join the heart. It mostly funds the lazy mans excesses or profligacy. In many cases they get killed. If I were friends with the OP's wife I would advise her against opening the joint accounts and changing document titles. Men who marry women with the intention of leaving off them like leeches should simply swap positions and become the woman.

My love for my wife is not a consequence of her disclosure of her income, but the quality of woman she is. Dont mistake me for implying that I have NEVER HAD TO ASK MY WIFE FOR ASSISTANCE. I DO, but my wife knows that I am a hardworking man and I do not live off her. And even if her father were a "Tinubu" I (THE MAN SHE MARRIED) would NEVER ask her to change her property titles to my name and change her bank account to my name. That would be unnecessary because I am genuinely hustling and I do not need her father's property willed to her to be fine. That is not love...that is a heist in the making. Her father is a man like myself and worked hard to get his property. Why cant I do the same to have mine in my own way?

My take that is.

U aren't matured dat de problem. I take it u not married too.
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by DonBobes(m): 4:13am On Mar 28, 2016
satowind:
Pls seun and lalasticala I really want this one on front page.

oliver asked 4 more!
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by zeb04(f): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2016
satowind:

U aren't matured dat de problem. I take it u not married too.
well you the supposedly matured one is living off your wife's income, don't you have any pride in you?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Onegai(f): 9:26am On Mar 28, 2016
Errmmmmm....why is the OP a single man of 25 years in anoher thread opened a few days ago ?? Check his profile.
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 28, 2016
Onegai:
Errmmmmm....why is the OP a single man of 25 years in anoher thread opened a few days ago ?? Check his profile.

You dey believe all these liars on here?

I just read and move on. Most are figment of their imagination. You have thousands of medically ubfit people roaming on here.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by satowind(m): 1:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
DonBobes:

oliver asked 4 more!
That was for my wife
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by satowind(m): 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2016
zeb04:
well you the supposedly matured one is living off your wife's income, don't you have any pride in you?
Ur iq is low so knowing ur partners income = living off her? Who was ur english teacher or is it dat u just have dust in ur brain?
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 01, 2016
Useless threads everywhere.
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by aytuns(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2018
freshvine:

When a woman accept to marry a man, she's expected to value his position as the head of the family. Men has been raised as the Head of the home at least that's what the learnt from their respective household. You see, if a wife did anything in marital union against the knowledge of the husband it's understood by him as pure insubordination and lack of respect.

In this case, your aunt was using the husband as disposable income provider while her own money is being saved for capital venture. Your aunt husband spends a good fortune of his income servicing his responsibility while she hardly contributes but all of a sudden is now trying to go into capital project that's is supposedly not in his name. So the husband devised a means to manipulate her to spend her own stake on the family while he curtail and save for his own future project.

Their problem is TRUST ISSUES.

Your aunt believe that her money is hers to spend while the husband's money is for the family upkeep. If only she will carry the husband along and make him the chief PILOT in her house building project, then sanity will return.

What a response! .. Thank you.
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by tabithababy(f): 8:40pm On Apr 12, 2018
Op's wife don enter one chance.... Op go use him money go carry olosho while the wife keeps footing the bills cheesy cheesy
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2018
satowind:

You do not know that your wife is on Nairaland?

Hmmmmmm. Una get issue with openness.
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by nokatakata: 1:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
Friendship fades and love does as well. Most people just tolerate their partner after a long period of marriage .
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Ybaby: 1:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
GodnGold:
I was touched by her reaction until ..."she rich ooo" and "is just like our marriage began last night" and "we are opening a joint account".
I may be wrong but ...
hmmmm!
To be content with what you know in marriage is fun enough!
#myhumbleopinion
Thank her for me!

You are not wrong! grin
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Ybaby: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
tabithababy:
Op's wife don enter one chance.... Op go use him money go carry olosho while the wife keeps footing the bills cheesy cheesy

Sssshhhhh grin grin grin
Don't wake her up. She will learn.
Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Ybaby: 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
Totfulguy:

My take that is.

You dare to type the truth and nothing but the truth.

You have the audacity to be a real man

Ah! For that, the lazy no good men are coming for you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Ybaby: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
HaneefahRN:
But some men make one think twice b4 opening up to a man. I av an aunt whose father died and left her a land, and she decided to work on it. After showing her husband the plans drawn for the house, the husband stopped providing for her and children's feeding, clothing, etc and she can't even run to her husband for aid if she is broke. When the children ask for anything, the nxt thn is 'go to ur mother' even when he gives freely outsiders. U wld think some husbands dnt want their wives to do anything gud in life.
It's not gud to keep thns from one's spouse but some men wld use it against the woman shelving their duties, making the woman perform the role of both husband and wife in the family.
May God save one from men who take pride in irresponsibility.

She showed herself to be capable so he left the capabilities for her e.g his responsibility.

Next time she will be the woman in the relationship - Eve was sly how much more her.

Not a fan of discussing my money matters with anyone but my children - they are the ones I am building it for.

My hubby too does not ask because my money is chicken change to him anyway.

That is why I laugh when Career women on dates start with i am manager of so and so company.... you cannot lie that you are a part time receptionist or nurse - so they end up attracting men like the OP.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Finally Opens Up by Saintinoo(m): 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
satowind:

That is what marriage is all about, share everything with your partner, but you have to find the right partner.

Do not always take some comments on nairaland serious, especially on marriage, some of these guys that comment know nothing about marriage or being responsible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / Who Is The Decision Maker In A Nigerian Household – Husband Or Wife? / "God, Bless My Mother With Another Baby" - 5-year-old Boy's Heartwarming Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.