Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance (66051 Views)

Is This True About Our Minister Of Finance, Kemi Adeosun? / Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Meet Kemi Adeosun - New Minister Of Finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by pazienza(m): 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
Well, her job is Easy.

Just balme Ngozi Okonjo Iweala and the past administration for all the failure she is going to produce, and her teaming Arewa-Oduanistani fans will be on hand to propagate her propagandas.

She just can't do any wrong, all wrongs will belong to NOI, and all rights which I doubt there will be any, will be hers.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by sukkot: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
Jonathan is poor, but buhari is not better.
I have watched loads of his interview on youtube and I find them very uninspiring and shallow.
His accents alone even makes it worse.
very true. but the thing about buharis lack of oratorical dexterity is that that perceived negative aspect of him is easily masked by his aura and his uprightness. his aura takes you in so much so that you forget that his speech pattern is not great. so his aura and statuesque allure easily makes up for his speech pattern. however in the case of pej and gej and okonjo there are no redeeming qualities at all

3 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by 4nobody4every1: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Bwahahahahahaha

Typical book reader. grin grin grin

You don't ever want to see that woman speak. You'll cringe. grin grin

grin grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by ibedun: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
NOI was a monumental fraud!!!!!!

Quote me anywhere. All her claims were (largest economy in Africa) we're FAKE and of course IGBO MADE.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by simplycarro: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
I know when to call the line.
I say things as they are. I may tend towards Igbo when it requires, but I know when to cut the bullshitt.

Next time, learn to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than rushing to pass judgment on people you know next to nothing about.
Doing such will always give you away as an ethnic bigot.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by sukkot: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

That woman, Okonja whatever, speaks like a r3tard. Then again, she's an economic hitwoman and she performed that role well, hence she robbed Nigeria twice for her masters.

You know what, during the subsidy thingy, I just tuned to Al Jazeera and boom this woman was being interviewed. Just sat there and decided to listen to her. Fam, can you believe this woman, despite being annoyingly inarticulate, was just saying "maternal mortality" to every question like a darn robot? I just cringed like how the fvck did this r3tard become the finance minister of a country? Even the MILF, Diezani, who attended Howard University performed better than her.

But then again, George Bush also went to Yale and he's one of the most r3tarded presidents ever. Obama also went to Harvard and you know that nyggah is gaffe prone without his teleprompter. She's in good company. grin grin grin grin
come on dawg, obama is the most eloquent and charismatic orator they have had in america in a long time. you seriously are putting obama in the category of okonjo ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
sukkot:
come on dawg, obama is the most eloquent and charismatic orator they have had in america in a long time. you seriously are putting obama in the category of okonjo ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Lol.

I said he's "gaffe prone" - not that I'm putting them in the same boat in terms of eloquence, articulation, charisma, and oratory skills. Obama is on different level, when it comes to that - only second to Tony Blair IMO.

Obama without the teleprompter is gaffe prone, but that doesn't negate how supreme he's when it comes to other things.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by obuduman: 4:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
Since fashola does not sign cheques. it will be very Easy for him to effectively handle his portfolios
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by sukkot: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Lol.

I said he's "gaffe prone" - not that I'm putting them in the same boat in terms of eloquence, articulation, charisma, and oratory skills. Obama is on different level, when it comes to that - only second to Tony Blair IMO.

Obama without the teleprompter is gaffe prone, but that doesn't negate how supreme he's when it comes to other things.
dude, they all use teleprompter. no president comes off the dome. so you need to stop reading those right wing newspapers. kkk newspapers lol. and tony blair was just OK. i cant remember him being an exceptional orator. speaking of orators, they dont make em like malcolm X and martin luther king jr anymore. those 2 niggaz could talk you into killing yo mama. thats how great they were grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
sukkot:
dude, they all use teleprompter. no president comes off the dome. so you need to stop reading those right wing newspapers. kkk newspapers lol. and tony blair was just OK. i cant remember him being an exceptional orator. speaking of orators, they dont make em like malcolm X and martin luther king anymore. those 2 niggaz could talk you into killing yo mama. thats how great they were grin grin

Lol.

I know they all use teleprompter but I've seen Obama pop a lot of shiit when he has to do impromptu speeches. Then come back and apologise like Jadakiss - ask Nas. grin The Henry Gates saga was a prime example.

Tony Blair wasn't ok - he used to be a supreme orator, with supreme charisma and eloquence despite how big those ears are. That used to be my guy - I grew up adoring Blair. The Iraq war just messed up his career. Tony Blair was supremely brilliant.

Obama definitely studied both Malcolm X and MLK cos those two took oratory skills to Ionosphere, especially Malcolm X. Malcolm X was on a different level. grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by johntolu: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
lookandlaff:

of what use is intellect that is misused? Okonjo had my respect under OBJ, that respect was increased when she resigned from OBJ's govt. But she disengaged the intellect under Jonathan, became a sellout. Of what use was her intellect to us if she failed to foresee what was about to happen to the economy and plan ahead, of what use was her intellect if under her our foreign reserves dwindled? Of what use was her intellect while there was so much fraud while she was the coordinating minister for the economy, probably the most powerful person in government after Jonathan and Diezani? Look at the mess she left behind.

I'm sorry but Ngozi played around with pigs and soiled herself and if Adeosun does the same, I will say the same of her.

This is a quote from Obasanjo (make of it what you may because we know Obasanjo is a man of mischief"

"But take Ngozi (Okonjo-Iweala), who worked for me. And who worked competently for me. Because I know Ngozi’s weaknesses, but I know her strong points. Her strong point is technical competence. But Ngozi needs to be led and to be supervised. Now will you comment on Ngozi who worked for me as the same Ngozi who worked for Jonathan? Will you? But it’s the same person."

I have been trying to find reason for NOI's failure under GEJ's government until OBJ's thesis about Human Resources and Management, simply put, NOI can not work and succeed in a hostile and corrupt environment like Nigeria unless she is supervised by an experienced mind who is familiar with the terrain. NOI failed miserably under the 'zookeeper' because the man too was a learner.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by CSTR2: 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
simplycarro:

Next time, learn to give people the benefit of the doubt rather than rushing to pass judgment on people you know next to nothing about.
Doing such will always give you away as an ethnic bigot.
I gave her the benefit of the doubt in my first post.
I don't expect much, but ofcourse, I am giving her the benefit of the doubt.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
modath:
Omo yoruba lawa ooo... swagger!!
I'm Kaz Beats' voice: Omo Yoruba ni mi o... SWAGGER!
Where that guy dey sef?
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Ibebe: 4:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
All I know is that there's no pride in being a Yoruba minister when you don't contribute to the development of Yorubaland.

Kemi, do us proud. Our daughter. grin

Please undo all the damages Nngozi Iweala did to the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by sukkot: 4:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Lol.

I know they all use teleprompter but I've seen Obama pop a lot of shiit when he has to do impromptu speeches. Then come back and apologise like Jadakiss - ask Nas. grin The Henry Gates saga was a prime example.

Tony Blair wasn't ok - he used to be a supreme orator, with supreme charisma and eloquence despite how big those ears are. That used to be my guy - I grew up adoring Blair. The Iraq war just messed up his career. Tony Blair was supremely brilliant.

Obama definitely studied both Malcolm X and MLK cos those two took oratory skills to Ionosphere, especially Malcolm X. Malcolm X was on a different level. grin
yeah anytime i want to get my mind blown, i just watch one of malcolm x speeches on youtube. and i sit and wonder, is it fair for God to give just this one man this supreme vocal skills ? everytime i listen to him i get eargasms and mindgasms ( orgasm of the ear and mind ). and this nigga goes off the dome, no teleprompter. his vocabulary is supreme, his intonation is supreme, the way he can speed up and slow down his speech at will without missing a beat is supreme, his gesticulation. its really unfair for just one man to have that much charisma and vocal talent. no wonder the nigga was killed. he is a dangerous tool in the wrong hand because he has power over people with his speech. he spellbinds people. i saw the one where he went to oxford and dazzled them. those white boys never saw a negro like that in their life. they couldnt help but to capitulate to a more supreme wisdom and intelligence from a black high school drop-out on the streets of boston while they were in oxford

2 Likes

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Ibebe: 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
basilo101:
Why do yorubas neglect trade? D Abia guy got a befitting portfolio 4 his ppl

When Yorubas go into business.....it's real business not petty trading.

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by modath(f): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

I'm Kaz Beats' voice: Omo Yoruba ni mi o... SWAGGER!

Where that guy dey sef?

In one hit wonderville.. cheesy
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
modath:

In one hit wonderville.. cheesy
Okay oh.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
sukkot:
yeah anytime i want to get my mind blown, i just watch one of malcolm x speeches on youtube. and i sit and wonder, is it fair for God to give just this one man this supreme vocal skills ? everytime i listen to him i get eargasms and mindgasms ( orgasm of the ear and mind ). and this nigga goes off the dome, no teleprompter. his vocabulary is supreme, his intonation is supreme, the way he can speed up and slow down his speech at will without missing a beat is supreme, his gesticulation. its really unfair for just one man to have that much charisma and vocal talent. no wonder the nigga was killed. he is a dangerous tool in the wrong hand because he has power over people with his speech. he spellbinds people. i saw the one where he went to oxford and dazzled them. those white boys never saw a negro like that in their life. they couldnt help but to capitulate to a more supreme wisdom and intelligence from a black high school drop-out on the streets of boston while they were in oxford

Lol.

Malcolm X El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, my hero. grin

I remember my life changed after watching that Malcolm X movie directed by Spike Lee, with Denzel Washington as Malcolm X. Then I decided to watch his interviews on YouTube (the Mike Wallace one got me into it)...since then I've been a Son of Malcolm. grin

Watch Obama closely and you'll see a lot of Malcolm X in the way he speaks and articulates his points. And they both somewhat look alike. Malcolm X was on a different level - folks like him visit us once in a lifetime. The way he took NOI with his speeches from just a small organisation with few members, to every nook and cranny of America - with influences outside the shores of America - is a testament to how great he was. It's just sad/painful to see that they will never give him his just due. That's my hero right there.

Malcolm X, Mr. Silver Tongue before silver tongue. The streets of Detroit, Boston, and Harlem definitely raised a legend.

R.I.P my hero. cool
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Ademat7(m): 5:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
TechWalker007:
Maybe in her next life time she can attain that feat.
Certainly not in this life time.
Hu dash monkey banana?
calm down! what is special about NOI,u can compare her work under OBJ with Jonathan; she is just a tool in d hand of a user
last bullet: Harvard university does not make one the best! what ur policy does in d life of sizeable number of masses make you one.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by ojuu4u(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=ochallo post=39913060]

You are saying this because you don't understand the difference, trade and investment runs the economy, not finance. In a moving economy, investment is the key, this is where employment would come from most.

hv u work in govt b4. Perhap u wl kn wht they call min of finance.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by mahyowah(m): 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tolatutu:
Yorubas got the best portfolios grin
haba where is your brain?
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ngozi was brought in by OBJ to help secure debt relief, She got us a debt relief of $18 and we paid off $12B.

But guess what? Ngozi left us with more debt than we had before OBJ brought her in to negotiate debt relief. I hope you guys understand what that means.....by the time Ngozi under Jonathan had finished with us, our debt was higher than the debt we had before she joined OBJ, despite effectively wiping off $30B ($12+$18) from that initial debt!!!!!
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by sukkot: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Lol.

Malcolm X El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, my hero. grin

I remember my life changed after watching that Malcolm X movie directed by Spike Lee, with Denzel Washington as Malcolm X. Then I decided to watch his interviews on YouTube (the Mike Wallace one got me into it)...since then I've been a Son of Malcolm. grin

Watch Obama closely and you'll see a lot of Malcolm X in the way he speaks and articulates his points. And they both somewhat look alike. Malcolm X was on a different level - folks like him visit us once in a lifetime. The way he took NOI with his speeches from just a small organisation with few members, to every nook and cranny of America - with influences outside the shores of America - is a testament to how great he was. It's just sad/painful to see that they will never give him his just due. That's my hero right there.

Malcolm X, Mr. Silver Tongue before silver tongue. The streets of Detroit, Boston, and Harlem definitely raised a legend.

R.I.P my hero. cool
yeah i saw the movie too and bought the book. watching the movie and reading the book was a watershed moment in my life. yeah they dont make em like malcolm anymore. one of a kind. now we gotta listen to gej and okonjo string together speeches like kindergarten students and yet they are running nations of 180 million indigenes. shocked grin grin grin
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Opynion: 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
Honestly this woman earned my respect from the day she was screened.
Ma, congratulations.

As an up coming accountant I pray to attain that position one day.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by sevule(m): 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
mbulela:

Kindly define what you mean by a more solid resume?
Why is it wrong to compare the chancellor and the minister of finance. The fact that the chancellor has more authority and influence makes it more damning that Mr. Osborne has never had a proper day job in his life, not to talk of a finance job. A Modern history graduate for crying out loud!!
The talk about the structure of the country is a different matter entirely. I actuall agree with you, in fact I think the country is structured to fail.
I was telling a friend this afternoon that, the only thing holding Nigeria together is the greed of the political class. It is the same thing that will push it over the cliff.

I agree with CSTR2 that Adeosun's resume is not strong enough. So what is a solid resume? Simply look at the resumes of Tony Elumelu, Sanusi(Ex CBN governer), Godwin Emefiele etc. Basically a person that has financial experience at the highest levels of corporate governance and some level of global financial experience. It is pretty obvious that when compared to these people, Adeosun is definitely a greenhorn. She does NOT have financial experience at the highest levels of management.

That said, even though she is a green horn NOTHING stops her from succeeding in her current posting. I REALLY hope that for the sake of our economy she succeeds
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by docsholz(m): 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
sevule:

I agree with CSTR2 that Adeosun's resume is not strong enough. So what is a solid resume? Simply look at the resumes of Tony Elumelu, Sanusi(Ex CBN governer), Godwin Emefiele etc. Basically a person that has financial experience at the highest levels of corporate governance and some level of global financial experience. It is pretty obvious that when compared to these people, Adeosun is definitely a greenhorn. She does NOT have financial experience at the highest levels of management.
That said, even though she is a green horn NOTHING stops her from succeeding in her current posting. I REALLY hope that for the sake of our economy she succeeds
I hope she succeeds as well for everybody sake, but make no mistake his dislike/hatred of her is based on the fact that she isn't Igbo, he's a closetvbigot hiding under d umbrella of logic like most bigots on nl
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by ihesiuloa(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tolatutu:
Yorubas got the best portfolios grin
I can see some people are still not far from being tribal bigots!
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Walexsammy(m): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mishydoo:
THIS IS NOT A PORTFOLIO TO JOKE WITH...Y NOT GIVE IT TO A MORE EXPERIENCED PERSON NI
and u'll be screaming youth
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by 80million1: 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
Develop Your Content... It's very important that you constantly and consistently develop yourself, your abilities, capabilities and your content because in today's world, that's what matters. People will relate to you based on the things you have to offer. You don't buy a bottle of coke because of the bottle, you buy it because of the drink - the soda - the content. So work on your content. Listen to this short inspiring video by Lamide Adenuga, and kindly share with a friend please...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc24lev3YxE
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by gbemmy2k10(m): 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
TolstoyFan:
By KIKELOMO IWAJOMO

President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Mrs. Kemi Adeosun as the Minister of Finance. Adeosun succeeds Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who is the immediate past Minister of Finance/Coordinating Minister of the Economy. Before her new appointment, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun was the Honourable State Commissioner for Finance in Ogun State. An investment banker and accountant with over 23 years experience gained in the United Kingdom and Nigeria, Kemi Adeosun is an Economics graduate and a member of the Institutes of Chartered Accountants, England and Wales, as well as Nigeria.

http://dawntodusknews.com/photo-meet-nigerias-new-minister-of-finance-she-is-kemi-adeosun/
Lol. Coincidence? Finance Minister, Kemi Adeosun
is an Ijebu woman (Ogun State)... Financial
Wengerlism!!!, no more inakuna
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
Mishydoo:
THIS IS NOT A PORTFOLIO TO JOKE WITH...Y NOT GIVE IT TO A MORE EXPERIENCED PERSON NI
experience person like stella oduan abi? Ode!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thugs Cart Away With Boxes In Ikwerre LGA Rivers State - Photos / Michelle Obama Visits Njideka Akunyili Crosby In Her Studio / Jimoh Isiaka Shot During EndSARS Protest Dies At BUTH - Seyi Makinde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.