Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance (66077 Views)

Is This True About Our Minister Of Finance, Kemi Adeosun? / Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Meet Kemi Adeosun - New Minister Of Finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Lumidiski: 7:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
Kemi Adesoun is Local ?

Bsc Applied Economics, University of London
Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales

Senior Manager Global Risk Management Solutions
Price Waterhouse Coopers, UK

Managing Director (Not admin officer or marketer o!)
Chapel Hill Denham Managment (AWARDED “BEST INVESTMENT BANK IN NIGERIA BY EUROMONEY) - One of Nigeria's TOP Corporate Investment firms

Manager Internal Audit
London Underground Limited

Accounting Assistant
British Telecom plc

She is Local? Please let us have your idea of "Less Local/Foreign/International"

CSTR2:
Not impressed at all. Checked her portfolio and all. Too '' local'' to be reckoned with.
What can I say?. We just have to wait and see.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by arabianights: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tolatutu:
Yorubas got the best portfolios grin

they are the technocrats and they damn well deserve it. let me read any educated illiterate state other wise.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by arabianights: 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
Not impressed at all. Checked her portfolio and all. Too '' local'' to be reckoned with.

Please i dont understand, "local" is university of london in your backyard?
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Hardetolar(m): 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
I hope u won't be new okonjo iweala..
Tolatutu:
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
ProfShymex:

Bwahahahahahaha

Typical book reader. grin grin grin

You don't ever want to see that woman speak. You'll cringe. grin grin

Was she a token appointment at the World Bank?
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Mishydoo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
experience person like stella oduan abi? Ode!
Walexsammy:
and u'll be screaming youth
opeoluwa20:
like your gate man abi

THESE APC LOYALISTS AND FEMINISTS WOULD NEVER SEE THE POINT UNTIL SH!T HAPPENS...U THINK THE ECONOMY OF THIS COUNTRY IS SOMETHING TO EXPERIMENT WITH...TCH!
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by CSTR2: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
sevule:

I agree with CSTR2 that Adeosun's resume is not strong enough. So what is a solid resume? Simply look at the resumes of Tony Elumelu, Sanusi(Ex CBN governer), Godwin Emefiele etc. Basically a person that has financial experience at the highest levels of corporate governance and some level of global financial experience. It is pretty obvious that when compared to these people, Adeosun is definitely a greenhorn. She does NOT have financial experience at the highest levels of management.

That said, even though she is a green horn NOTHING stops her from succeeding in her current posting. I REALLY hope that for the sake of our economy she succeeds
Thank you very much.
I owe you a bottle of beer.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by nightmile: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:

Am sure your mother lacked even basic primary education.. Here you are condemning someone

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Molebs(m): 9:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=ojuu4u post=39912259][/quote]

I care less whether its public or private experience...
I am concerned about the depth of experience, how international and broad the experience is.
This I am sure Ikechukwu has, far more than Kemi...
On a flipside, in my opinion, the private sector is more disciplined that the public sector.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by FKBZ: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
Bollinger:

Mygermanfriend: What is "yoruba?"

Me: Lol, It is one of the major tribes in Nigeria.

Mygermanfriend: So basically they are Nigerians.

Me: Yes. Why do you ask?

Mygermanfriend: I thought by the way the posters above us were jubilating, "Yoruba" was a country and they've just announced the ministers for the "Yoruba" country.

Me: Nope. Those posters are just s.tupid. They don't realize that whatever the tribe they come from, they are all in the same boat and have to sink or swim together.

Mygermanfriend: Sounds like there's a lot of distrust and tribalism in your country.

Me: Correction, it is not my country anymore.

Mygermanfriend: Then what are you doing commenting on their issues.

Me: I just love watching s.tupid people operate. grin

Mygermanfriend: Lol.

Its not your country anymore,would reminder u of this statement when sai buhari,put this country back on track......u hear
That time u be begging for visa and when u get to our embassy we would not only not grant it to u ,but continue our jollof rice and orijin business there tongue
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Molebs(m): 9:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
ochallo:

You are saying this because you don't understand the difference, trade and investment runs the economy, not finance. In a moving economy, investment is the key, this is where employment would come from most.
well said @ ochallo..
I still insist we could have gotten someone with the kind of profile of Ikechukwu or better for the Finance position. Kemi's profile is RELATIVELY low.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Bollinger(m): 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
FKBZ:

Its not your country anymore,would reminder u of this statement when sai buhari,put this country back on track......u hear
That time u be begging for visa and when u get to our embassy we would not only not grant it to u ,but continue our jollof rice and orijin business there tongue

Good luck. There is no way in hell anything can change in Nigeria till all of you change your mentality. That is the first step to any kind of change. If you bring everyone in America to Nigeria and transport everyone in Nigeria to America, Nigerians in America will be applying for visa to come back to Nigeria after destroying America. That is how phucked up the mentality in Nigeria is.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by ojuu4u(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
[quote author=Molebs post=39923910]

I care less whether its public or private experience...
I am concerned about the depth of experience, how international and broad the experience is.
This I am sure Ikechukwu has, far more than Kemi...
On a flipside, in my opinion, the private sector is more disciplined that the public sector.

ve u found tyme to do enquary on her profile? Pls go and do that first. What else u want frm person who is economist nd same tyme acountant, also auditor. Person who had vast experience in private in advanced econony nd public finance in nigeria. The econony she wants to wok on. Pls wat else u want. Just because she is in particular one tribe, u dnt like
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by mavinc4u(f): 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
I hope she performs but seriously I don't know why I feel she cannot perform on that finance minister. In order not to bring tribal statements from some educated illiterates, I would leave it here.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Jolumania432(m): 10:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
modath:

Fulani slaves abi Well Fulani slaves on top!!! cheesy

Anyone ever heard of Compound portfolios?? a la Fashola, Power, Works & Housing ... ..

Ode
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by jeamah1(m): 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
There you go again. It's not all about tribes. We want a better Nigeria irrespective of your tribe...

Yorubas got the best portfolios grin[/quote]
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by ODUBEZE: 1:37am On Nov 12, 2015
Tolatutu:
Oya use am go collect money for bank!
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by Gab27: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2015
Am so happy for her. #congratulationsMa
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by yetunsbay(m): 8:27am On Nov 12, 2015
Chinom:
I like the fact that a woman was given the finance ministry, but I do not like the fact that this woman was a 'Mere Commissioner' in Ogun state.

There are so many much more qualified women and men from the corporate world, locally and internationally.

****Arunma Otteh om my mind***.
u fit enlist her in ur own list naw
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by TechWalker007: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2015
hotdi:

Mind you, the economy was already in recession before they left, they were only claiming economic growth on paper. A sound economy as they claimed ought not to have shown such devastating signal if it is what they claimed it was.
Now that the cabinet is setup you wld see the dividend of a true economic growth on the citizenry, courtesy of this administration.

And Buhari's govt can't grow the economy on paper?
It took only a few months for the recession to become obvious, but NOI was able to hide it according to you.
Stop promising me the same thing you promised when Buhari was sworn in!
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by MCMLXXVI(m): 1:34am On Oct 03, 2018
Tunami:
hope she's not another okonjo iweala?

How can she be another Okonjo Iweala? She was never qualified to even wash Okonjo Iweala's undies. Madam forger. Utterly shameful.
Re: Kemi Adeosun, New Minister Of Finance by MCMLXXVI(m): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2018
mazeltov:
she doesn't need to beat the former minister of finance. Mrs Ngozi didn't raise the bar rather, she succeded in lowering it. Mrs NOI with her doomed, charlatan, mountebank and swindler economic policy planners has brainwashed so many economic ignorant fellows in Nigeria hence, subjecting us to think that we are the largest economic in africa while this fallacy assembled by NOI and her lame economic team doesn't reflect in our system. It didn't change individuals' dispoable income, it didn't reflect on our per capita income, it didn't change our standard of living let alone employment level. Pdp is a cancer to Nigeria and they have somehow maniputa our mind and the ealier we realise this, the better for us.

3 years later, how far your certificate forging Madam Kemi and her imbbecilic debt-enabling policies?
Shey she don run comot the country last last?
This is what happens when jealous buffoons from a tribe support an OBVIOUS mediocrity simply because of their tribalistic inclinations.

You no dey shame that because of this common BAKERY ACCOUNTANT, you were trying to denigrate NOI's unassailable qualifications.
Shey after NOI's stint as minister, she's still getting recognition from REPUTABLE international business communities. Now, ask yourself if the same would EVER happen for your OLUWOLE certificate minister Kemi. Olodo tribalists.
Shame don fall on una and I knew it was only a matter of time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thugs Cart Away With Boxes In Ikwerre LGA Rivers State - Photos / Dino Melaye Shows Off His Bentley Mulsanne Worth $310,000 (N173,000,000) / Michelle Obama Visits Njideka Akunyili Crosby In Her Studio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.