Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy (23919 Views)

Charly Boy Calls For Ban Of BBNaija Show, Gives Reasons / Bolaji Ogunmola: I Am Blessed With Big Boobs, I Can’t Date A Poor Man / Charly Boy Celebrates His 95-Year-Old Mother. Gives Her A Peck (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by LordValor: 4:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
Sex is d poor Man's Golf
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
The 'poor' recognize that there is more to 'wealth' than paper money.

Mchayy:
Charly Boy also known as Area Fada is back with a long epistle on why the poor are making babies in poverty.

Read what he wrote below.

Go ye into the world be fruitful and multiply, oh! yes that’s what the good book says. However certain people take this literally. They see children as a blessing from God and they view it as their duty to fulfill this prophecy by promoting procreation, rejecting all forms of birth control, including natural family planning.

Children are viewed as a reward from God and the more children one has, the more one has been blessed by God but the big question is, does this put food on the table especially in this hard times?!!

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why the poor have more children when they can’t afford to raise them. And why the rich have fewer children when they can afford to have more. The population demography of any society is vital in Nation building and governments around the world have effected policies to control this growth.
A very good example will be China’s one child per family policy, which has now been upgraded to two. It will be commonsensical to say that people breed their kind this means a rich family is most likely to have rich children, and a poor family, poor children. In Nigeria we have a large majority of low income earners who are multiplying the number of children they have. Children they can not afford to take care of. So wouldn’t it make common sense to say that the less one earns, the less children you should have?

This is one of life’s ironies.

People who are rich and can afford to have more children will not yet those that can not afford it do. Low income spouses spend more leisure time together than families of high income earners. It will be typical in our society today, to see a high income family where both couples are gainfully employed, close work late and get home from a hectic day too tired and stressed to indulge in any intimate act but the lower income earner seem to have more leisure time and less distractions to focus on their love plays with their tomato selling wives. Why is this so?

Breeding children has become a recreational sport for the poor, I feel this is an issue that we all collectively as a society need to address. I use to think that it was mostly in the rural areas that this kind of demography is rampant but that’s not the case, the other day I was shocked to find out that a friend’s security guard who earns 30,000.00 naira monthly has two wives and ten children. Hummmmm, How on earth are they going to survive on that, what type of education, feeding, clothing can he provide for them in today’s Nigeria. Don’t they understand that intimacy between spouses is also an occasion to be savored and pleasurably enjoyed and not just for making babies?

We all need to wake up to the harsh effects that this is having. Government needs to have more enlightenment and sensitization programs that will address this issue. There is a need to inform the populace about the harmful effects of having children that one cannot afford to raise properly. The most obvious aftereffects are when you see children hawking in the street in order to fend for their families. This is not an issue for the government to tackle alone, the private sector also has to join in. The first solution will be circulating constant information about family planning: Due to a range of factors including education and location of living, poor women don’t have access to as many family control measures as richer women so richer women have substantially fewer “unintended” pregnancies than poorer women.
For all my brothers and sisters coping with survival I urge you all to think more about family planning, I know God blesses us with children but we must learn to plan our family according to our means. By the way, I have 9 children but thank God my school fees days are over or else e for hardooooo. So my simple summary today is, cultivate your sperm according to your pocket size. A word they say, is good for the wise.

http://nexthop.com.ng/i-cant-figure-out-why-the-poor-have-more-children-charly-boy/

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by menix(m): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
The poor have more children because they spread their tentacles, they believe if they have 6-8 children one must break even nd be rich than having two kids who might end up struggling..
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by erniewhez(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
because sex is d only pastime a poor man has, can't afford club, girl friend or olosho. so he keeps pumping d only available past time.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by lahips: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by tivta(m): 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lmao, I too wonder, funny enough they run away from family planning claiming it will stop pregnancy completely. Illiteracy is a disease. Max for me, 3 kids.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Dindondin(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
moyinoluwabun:
The poor have more time to f*ck/sex their wife unlike d rich who is always on the move to make more money.
wrong.
its because dey are mostly illiterates and ignorant of most things
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Tamzblaze(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
The poor believe much children are their pride and wealth i.e in years to come one or two out of his children MUST be successful and make d family proud
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by tivta(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
lahips:

I agree with you but would also like you to consider the fact that birth control involves money, to either buy Condoms which is the cheapest means other than the withdrawal method which I cannot tell its percentage viability. Why would a man struggling to put food on the table be spending money on condoms or other birth controls.

You are wrong, family planning is free in federal hospitals, poor men are just not educated enough...
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
They think one of the football team will eventually make it big and rescue the family from her financial mess.
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by PBundles(m): 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
Good question. I dont have an answer but will have one when I figure out why a man that is old enough to be a grandfather, whose dad was distinguished judge would dress like a small boy fooling himself with piercings and stuff and spitting on the adage to age gracefully with decency and respect.

Mchayy:
Charly Boy also known as Area Fada is back with a long epistle on why the poor are making babies in poverty.

Read what he wrote below.

Go ye into the world be fruitful and multiply, oh! yes that’s what the good book says. However certain people take this literally. They see children as a blessing from God and they view it as their duty to fulfill this prophecy by promoting procreation, rejecting all forms of birth control, including natural family planning.

Children are viewed as a reward from God and the more children one has, the more one has been blessed by God but the big question is, does this put food on the table especially in this hard times?!!

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why the poor have more children when they can’t afford to raise them. And why the rich have fewer children when they can afford to have more. The population demography of any society is vital in Nation building and governments around the world have effected policies to control this growth.
A very good example will be China’s one child per family policy, which has now been upgraded to two. It will be commonsensical to say that people breed their kind this means a rich family is most likely to have rich children, and a poor family, poor children. In Nigeria we have a large majority of low income earners who are multiplying the number of children they have. Children they can not afford to take care of. So wouldn’t it make common sense to say that the less one earns, the less children you should have?

This is one of life’s ironies.

People who are rich and can afford to have more children will not yet those that can not afford it do. Low income spouses spend more leisure time together than families of high income earners. It will be typical in our society today, to see a high income family where both couples are gainfully employed, close work late and get home from a hectic day too tired and stressed to indulge in any intimate act but the lower income earner seem to have more leisure time and less distractions to focus on their love plays with their tomato selling wives. Why is this so?

Breeding children has become a recreational sport for the poor, I feel this is an issue that we all collectively as a society need to address. I use to think that it was mostly in the rural areas that this kind of demography is rampant but that’s not the case, the other day I was shocked to find out that a friend’s security guard who earns 30,000.00 naira monthly has two wives and ten children. Hummmmm, How on earth are they going to survive on that, what type of education, feeding, clothing can he provide for them in today’s Nigeria. Don’t they understand that intimacy between spouses is also an occasion to be savored and pleasurably enjoyed and not just for making babies?

We all need to wake up to the harsh effects that this is having. Government needs to have more enlightenment and sensitization programs that will address this issue. There is a need to inform the populace about the harmful effects of having children that one cannot afford to raise properly. The most obvious aftereffects are when you see children hawking in the street in order to fend for their families. This is not an issue for the government to tackle alone, the private sector also has to join in. The first solution will be circulating constant information about family planning: Due to a range of factors including education and location of living, poor women don’t have access to as many family control measures as richer women so richer women have substantially fewer “unintended” pregnancies than poorer women.
For all my brothers and sisters coping with survival I urge you all to think more about family planning, I know God blesses us with children but we must learn to plan our family according to our means. By the way, I have 9 children but thank God my school fees days are over or else e for hardooooo. So my simple summary today is, cultivate your sperm according to your pocket size. A word they say, is good for the wise.

http://nexthop.com.ng/i-cant-figure-out-why-the-poor-have-more-children-charly-boy/
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nice write up from the Area Fada Himself, it is indeed worrisome and at thesame time confusing to have poor couples breeding kids they can hardly afford to take care of, and to add to what he'd said already, I think to correct this act is to enforce the fundamental rights of poor children who may have been denied the right to education by arresting their parents and making them to pay for ignorance. We hear of 'Child Abuse' but we seldom get to hear of a parent being arrested and arraigned in court for abusing their children. So I believe when the existing laws that check the abuse of kids by parents or any other persons, is enforced, the poor parents will surely seek for measures to control the number of children they would wonna have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by darmys(f): 5:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Fourwinds:
dat is what i call nonsense consolation

Calm down..... have a sense of humour or buy sarcasm
cos it was a joke wink kiss kiss
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
They have nothing to do. More time for babymaking activities

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
yomi007k:

Some educated ppl still believe in having many kids.
Culture n mindset also has a role.

Remember u may take a man to college but u can't force him to think.

Yes. Because they've a choice.

Poor people, due to lack of education, have lots of kids cause they think maybe one will make it and end up providing for them in the future.

And a woman who spends time getting a degree will want to work. Thus will have less time to have children as well as raise them. Thus lowering her probability to have lots of kids.

And also poor people don't get educated on family planning so.
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by totorimi: 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
Have you ever been to the house of a poor man and his wife, if you haven't try and go near one. You will observe that the man only has a wrapper around his waist and the wife has a wrapper covering her breast down to her knee level, that is the only thing they have covering their unclothedness and that is the condition in which they move around the house even during the hot sunny day or in the cold rainy day. Once the woman attempts to go into the room to pick up anything or drop something the man follows up. If they collide in there action starts and that is the only reason why they keep on multiplying every year because even during pregnancy the man is still firing down. They don't know what is called family planning just action all the way.

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by totorimi: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
BTW how many does Charly boy himself have now i learnt he is a grandpa already
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
There are many reasons and let me point out some of them:

1) Most poor unreasonable and the only way to satisfy their miserable lives is to have sex and usually unprotected.

2) Many of them are uneducated and are usually bound by primitive cultural values that praise having more children is blessing.

3) The Nigeria society see having many kids as blessing.

4) Most poor people are greedy hoping to have one child among many that would raise the ones to create a large family thereby respected in the society.

5) Cultural practices encourage people to have many kids in different communities with their various rivalry ethnics.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Classicool(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
I think the reason the poor always have many children... Is because they believe "if one no make am for life the other will".....
While the rich believe 2 or 3 children are okay is because they don't want a situation whereby there children will be fighting each other over their parents property after their death....

But remember MKO is wealthy and fuckin' rich and he get plenty children like pig...
maybe because he was a muslim...

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by free2ryhme: 5:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Sometimes I wonder why pastors, who are supposed to educate their congregations on need not to give birth to many children, turn around to condemn those that recommend or do family planning.

Mention the name of the pastors or forever remain a liar
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Tamakay(m): 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
The first time ever he has said something meaningful.
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nelgenius4me(m): 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
Good talk and sound judgement - a lot of people might hate u for this but nothing can be further from the truth.
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Ojady(m): 5:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
The self acclaimed "area fada" has no doubt lost touch on this one, with what life is about for a majority of people in the "area" he claims to be "fada".

In a country like Nigeria, why would the financially poor not have babies? Nigeria is a very stress inducing, stress filled country. Anything and everything is stress prone. It is not a material only determined phenomenon, it is mainly as a result of the environment. To be in poverty is not just in the financial terms, It also encapsulates an inability to meet psychological, social, physiological, environmental and biological needs in a balanced, predetermined independent manner without the imposition of a force greater than one's will to choose. This is perhaps, why in Nigeria while we have a considerable number of people above financial poverty, an overwhelming number remain impoverished psychologically, socially and so on. The hassle is such that those with material wealth can acquire alternatives: a number of de-stressors to defuse the stress inducer or diversify its effects. What then happens, if you do not have the means to "de-stress". Imagine, after leaving the house at 4am, to a job i only go to, to ensure a pay check at the end of the month (after a bachelors and graduate degrees with countless professional certificates), i endure the psychic overload of equally stressed out Nigerians, on the road, in the bus and at work; i stoically endure an originally 35 minute now turned 4 hour commute to work and back, I come home to a house with no power, i proceed to generate my own power only to realize, we used up the last drop of gas lastnight. I head out to the filling station at 9pm, only to be at the receiving end of a conductor who would not give me change or the attendant who will not sell the commensurate price per litre. I take it in stride, afterall i have to be out by 4am. I get home, i want to take a shower after a 7 minute exercise in generating my own power. In the bathroom, i realise i have to pump water, i head out in my towel, at the mercy of mosquitoes, i begin the process of switching pipes from co tenants water lines to mine, i have to wait another 30 minutes to at least get a bucket...

While all this is going on, (dont let me bother you about my partner's side of things, you know women now) i literally gobble down my dinner without a thought of savouring it, who has the time for that, when i am pumping water, thinking of Nepa bill, wondering how my budget for the week is gone on tuesday, how to raise my 350k rent. I finish the meal, have my shower, sit for a few minutes infront of the tv with a semblance of catching the gist of things happening ( thats not true, i'm only waiting for the water to finish pumping) that done in 30 minutes thereafter. This is like 22.30 hours, i start getting ready for the "gidi" again tomorrow - monday to friday, this is one of the many variations of the hustle. I'm sure yours would be equally if not more dramatic.

All these are just things the average Nigerian goes through and endures monday to friday, while doing that, where is the opportunity to be human, i mean the need to love and be loved, even if there is a chance, ( knowing Nigerians are very ingenious) would that time if its not shortlived, be a time you want to be mental or rational - No, i didnt think so. You just want to kick back and enjoy the company of your partner... The materially poor have babies not because they intend to, it happens when intercourse is the most accessible recreation they have... In developed countries, policies and interventions are designed e.g. the chinese one child per family, contraceptives like morning after pill, temporary and permanent 'clipping' for men, public parks, gyms, community centres, etc the alternatives are available, you are empowered with choice. In Nigeria, where is the choice?

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by hertheytheydgee(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nobody is talking like a poor man here, does that mean everyone here is rich? This is how it starts o
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by mbulela: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
Oluwaruth:
Honestly, i'm yet to figure it out too. Thought i was the only one who thinks about it...

It is not difficult to unravel. Contraceptives involves enlightenment which involves education. Something that is alien to the poor in our society.
Sex is common to the rich and the poor. It is the contraceptive part that the poor do not get due to their illiteracy. Imagine suggesting vasectomy to your uncle in the village or telling your aunty in the village to tie her womb?
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by mbulela: 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
Ojady:
The self acclaimed "area fada" has no doubt lost touch on this one, with what life is about for a majority of people in the "area" he claims to be "fada".

In a country like Nigeria, why would the financially poor not have babies? Nigeria is a very stress inducing, stress filled country. Anything and everything is stress prone. It is not a material only determined phenomenon, it is mainly as a result of the environment. To be in poverty is not just in the financial terms, It also encapsulates an inability to meet psychological, social, physiological, environmental and biological needs in a balanced, predetermined independent manner without the imposition of a force greater than one's will to choose. This is perhaps, why in Nigeria while we have a considerable number of people above financial poverty, an overwhelming number remain impoverished psychologically, socially and so on. The hassle is such that those with material wealth can acquire alternatives: a number of de-stressors to defuse the stress inducer or diversify its effects. What then happens, if you do not have the means to "de-stress". Imagine, after leaving the house at 4am, to a job i only go to, to ensure a pay check at the end of the month (after a bachelors and graduate degrees with countless professional certificates), i endure the psychic overload of equally stressed out Nigerians, on the road, in the bus and at work; i stoically endure an originally 35 minute now turned 4 hour commute to work and back, I come home to a house with no power, i proceed to generate my own power only to realize, we used up the last drop of gas lastnight. I head out to the filling station at 9pm, only to be at the receiving end of a conductor who would not give me change or the attendant who will not sell the commensurate price per litre. I take it in stride, afterall i have to be out by 4am. I get home, i want to take a shower after a 7 minute exercise in generating my own power. In the bathroom, i realise i have to pump water, i head out in my towel, at the mercy of mosquitoes, i begin the process of switching pipes from co tenants water lines to mine, i have to wait another 30 minutes to at least get a bucket...

While all this is going on, (dont let me bother you about my partner's side of things, you know women now) i literally gobble down my dinner without a thought of savouring it, who has the time for that, when i am pumping water, thinking of Nepa bill, wondering how my budget for the week is gone on tuesday, how to raise my 350k rent. I finish the meal, have my shower, sit for a few minutes infront of the tv with a semblance of catching the gist of things happening ( thats not true, i'm only waiting for the water to finish pumping) that done in 30 minutes thereafter. This is like 22.30 hours, i start getting ready for the "gidi" again tomorrow - monday to friday, this is one of the many variations of the hustle. I'm sure yours would be equally if not more dramatic.

All these are just things the average Nigerian goes through and endures monday to friday, while doing that, where is the opportunity to be human, i mean the need to love and be loved, even if there is a chance, ( knowing Nigerians are very ingenious) would that time if its not shortlived, be a time you want to be mental or rational - No, i didnt think so. You just want to kick back and enjoy the company of your partner... The materially poor have babies not because they intend to, it happens when intercourse is the most accessible recreation they have... In developed countries, policies and interventions are designed e.g. the chinese one child per family, contraceptives like morning after pill, temporary and permanent 'clipping' for men, public parks, gyms, community centres, etc the alternatives are available, you are empowered with choice. In Nigeria, where is the choice?

In this sermon you have typed you assume that intercourse and pregnancy are mutually exclusive.
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
Seconded...I have always thought in the same direction as well.
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by millionboi(m): 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
Speechless3:
See them talking about the poor because they got browsing phones and relatives that help them subscribe cheesy The poor, the poor, poor people are... grin how much u get
hahaha...funny dear
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by magicminister: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
Its a good thing.
They are producing serfs for the diminishing middle class and upper class.
Its not such a bad thing. Atleast, entrepreneurs are guranteed cheap labour for a long time.
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Metobime(m): 5:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
Even if d pesi is educated as long as he is idle u can't expect him 2 b watching his wife like TV after eating eba with ogbolo/egusi soup in d morni. They hv more than enough time to f**k most of diz lonely women u called ur wife cos u are very bussy n wanted to b counted among d rich. After running DNA on ur children ask ur wife what she realy want...Lol...
Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
magicminister:
Its a good thing.
They are producing serfs for the diminishing middle class and upper class.
Its not such a bad thing. Atleast, entrepreneurs are guranteed cheap labour for a long time.

In 2015? angry angry angry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Figure Out Why The Poor Have More Children- Charly Boy by Mostprecious(f): 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
ObvIously cause they need enough labour force... They believe more kids, more chances of making it, at all at all one of d 12kids must be wealthy or slightly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lilian Esoro-franklin's Beautiful Birthday Cake / OJB Jezreel Will Be Honoured With A Karaoke Event In Lagos On April 1st / Israel DMW’s Ex-Wife, Sheila Denies Calling Him ‘Slave’ For Serving Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.