Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs (35790 Views)

Profile Of Maikanti Kacalla Baru, NNPC GMD / BREAKING: Buhari Appoints Abike Dabiri SSA On Foriegn Affairs / CV Of Geoffery Onyeama-enugu State Ministerial Nominee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Missy89(f): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
Abimaje7:
Did you just say little? are you for real you are obviously in denial.

Do you know the difference between a diplomatic experience and having a "great resume" ?

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by RedCapChief(m): 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
love23a:
[size=20pt]I dont know him. I dont think it is appropriate for buhari to pick anyone from the east at minister of Foreign Affairs

I am personally fully oppose to anything that will lead to mass starvation again. 1 million die.
[/size]

I'M AWARE THAT YOU ARE A BABOON, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPE OF BABOON YOU ARE?

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by free2ryhme: 8:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
Missy89:

Lol. Making up excuses i see.

I don't make excuses. We can't rule out the possibility of such scenarios our politics is still growing we are not like other first world countries whose foreign department head is a career diplomat

We will get there someday but now let us work with what we have. Afterall when jonathan was busy appointing area boys and looters as diplomatic heads we no hear anything ooo
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Okanokan(m): 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
The Appointment Mr Geoffrey Onyeama is a deft move by Buhari to cut down and reduce the political velocity of the Biafra Movement, what a move, Biafra man speaking against the Biafra Cause at both local and international fora.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by CSTR2: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
Beremx:
This is an intimidating profile. It makes me look as if I didn't attend a university. grin grin

*goes to hide her educational certificates* grin

Chineke meee!!

God bless Mr. President Jare! You know how to get the good brains to run your government.

Lalasticlala,come and see profile o! You go fear na! grin
What is intimidating here?
Go and check other countries foreign affair ministers and see their resume.
Many of them have decades of experience in conflicts resolution, UN foreign policy formulation, and with the added advantage of a nobel peace prize.
This is pretty mediocre, though for Nigerian standards may be intimidating.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
As a graduate of Intentional Relations and a masters student in International relations i am pretty sure i know what "diplomatic experience" is!
Missy89:

Do you know the difference between a diplomatic experience and having a "great resume" ?
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Missy89(f): 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
free2ryhme:

I don't make excuses. We can't rule out the possibility of such scenarios our politics is still growing we are not like other first world countries whose foreign department head is a career diplomat

We will get there someday but now let us work with what we have. Afterall when jonathan was busy appointing area boys and looters as diplomatic heads we no hear anything ooo

What do you mean by " we will get there on day" " let us work with what we have"? Are there no career diplomats in Nigeria? Is it because of insufficient experts or lack of political common sense
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Missy89(f): 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
Abimaje7:
As a graduate of Intentional Relations and a masters student in International relations i am pretty sure i know what "diplomatic experience" is!

I dont care if you have a degree in particle physics . Tell me the diplomatic experiences of this new Foreign affairs minister. That is the only way to tell me i am wrong

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by oshiiteoku: 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
Wao,am so happy for him,same town,very good man,unassuming,kind,has a heart of gold,silver spoon and has respect for everybody both young and old ,rich and poor,am sure he ll deliver
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Janebarbie(f): 8:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nice profile.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by free2ryhme: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Missy89:

What do you mean by " we will get there on day" " let us work with what we have"? Are there no career diplomats in Nigeria? Is it because of insufficient experts or lack of political common sense

We are not read yet. Our international affairs institute who is responsible for formulating foreign policies needs are busy wasting away and chasing govt egunje

Buhari is not dumb for bringing an outsider
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
My dear working in a foreign mission is not the definition of a 'career diplomat'. any one who has worked for an international governmental organization or International non-governmental organization qualifies to be called a career diplomat.
Missy89:

I dont care if you have a degree in particle physics . Tell me the diplomatic experiences of this new Foreign affairs minister. That is the only way to tell me i am wrong
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
maupe:

Okonji Iweala is a Harvard graduate and a former world bank vice president. Aganga was a fortune 500 C.E.O, DIEZANI was a executive officer in Shell Nigeria. So what are you saying.

True story. No need to be partisan. PDP had a very smart cabinet - under all 3 presidents. I think d last cabinet of gej had a lot more technocrats and better cv's dn buharis cabinet. Its actually a fact. And it was some of d pdp ministers dt were corrupt. It wasnt all of them. I personally believe okonjo iweala was not a corrupt woman.

I just pray for this cabinet dt they can move d country through this economic craziness & oil price wahala. It would also be inteesting to see whether more local cv's trump international experience in d long run. Some times sheer passion and will trumps all d experience and education in d world. I hope this will be d case and not a disaster waiting to happen.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by kingsman66(m): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Busy looking at their comments
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Missy89(f): 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
Abimaje7:
My dear working in a foreign mission is not the definition of a 'career diplomat'. any one who has worked for an international governmental organization or International non-governmental organization qualifies to be called a career diplomat.

Please you are not making any sense. Go back to bed. Are you sure you have an international relations degree or you are just a liar still writing Jamb?

3 Likes

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
You are intelligent, I reasoned the same
Okanokan:
The Appointment Mr Geoffrey Onyeama is a deft move by Buhari to cut down and reduce the political velocity of the Biafra Movement, what a move, Biafra man speaking against the Biafra Cause at both local and international fora.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
If you don't consider the below as diplomatic experience then you are a lost cause! and i'm sorry to say but you have no idea whatsoever what the word "diplomat" stands for. Go back to your books and study!

Work Experience

Research Officer, Nigerian Law Reform Commission, Lagos, Nigeria,
(1983-1984)

Law Practitioner, Mogboh and Associates, Enugu, Nigeria (1984-1985)

1985 to present
World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)

1985-1986 - Assistant Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External
Relations, Bureau for Africa and Western Asia
(The Bureau was renamed the Development Cooperation and External Relations Bureau for
Africa at the end of 1985)

1986-1990 - Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External Relations
Bureau for Africa

1990-1996 - Senior Program Officer, Development Cooperation and External
Relations Bureau for Africa

1996-1998 - Senior Counsellor, Development Cooperation and External Relations
Bureau for Africa
(The Bureau was renamed the Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa at the end of
1997)

1998 - Deputy Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa

1998-1999 - Acting Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa
(The Bureau was renamed the Economic Development Bureau for Africa at the end of 2003)

1999-2006 - Director, Cooperation for Development Bureau for Africa

2006-2009 - Assistant Director General, Coordination Sector for External Relations,
Industry, Communications and Public Outreach.
Responsible for: coordinating relations with United Nations (UN)
organizations, other intergovernmental organizations, industry, non-
governmental organizations (NGOs); and responsible for
communication, public outreach, media relations and gender focal point.
* In this capacity, initiated, in 2008, with the International Federation of
Reproduction Rights Organizations (IFRRO), the process within
WIPO that culminated in the adoption of the Marrakesh Treaty to
Facilitate Access to Published Works for Persons Who are Blind,
Visually Impaired or Otherwise Print Disabled

2006-2012 Responsible, during various periods, for the WIPO External Offices in
Brussels, New York, Rio de Janeiro, Singapore, Tokyo and
Washington, D.C
Missy89:

Please you are not making any sense. Go back to bed. Are you sure you have an international relations degree or you are just a liar still writing Jamb?
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Goldencollins: 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
Keneking:
Great profile...the President has done very well.

We should be thankful to the underlisted.

-Almighty God
- President Muhammadu Buhari & VP
- APC Chairman
- APC BOT
- APC Executives
- APC State Governors
- APC Members of NASS
- APC members across the federation
- APC supporters on Nairaland
- Ministers that agreed to serve ( we are aware that some declined)

Sai Buhari......two terms are guaranteed
keep show casing your stupidity
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
Abimaje7:

No ur wrong. Working in intl governmental organizations or ngo's is not what makes u a diplomat. I could be an accountant working for the UN. The operative word is "diplomacy". Its all about negotiations, conflict resolution & having d sweetest poker face. There are people dt actually do all dt for a living. And they work in government, ngos, intl organizations & big multinational companies.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Duru1(m): 9:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
love23a:
[size=28pt]I dont know him. I dont think it is appropriate for buhari to pick anyone from the east at minister of Foreign Affairs

I am personally fully oppose to anything that will lead to mass starvation again. 1 million die.
People may wish to become a country, but is there life save. If your son , say he want to jump from a cliff, will you allow him.
[/size]

Only a dumbass moronic monkey will precipitate a war on group of people who simply want a different country from the existing zoo called Nigeria. The IPOB are not twin brothers and sisters to the rest of bloody Nigerians. Even if the IPOB are twins to rest of Nigerian, you agree that at a certain point in life twins usually go their separate ways. Mere agitation for independent nation does not engender war among people of average intellect.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
So if you work as a liaison office between an IGO or an INGO that doesn't make you a diplomat right? "operative word"
janellemonae:

No ur wrong. Working in intl governmental organizations or ngo's is not what makes u a diplomat. I could be an accountant working for the UN. The operative word is "diplomacy". Its all about negotiations, conflict resolution & having d sweetest poker face. There are people dt actually do all dt for a living. And they work in government, ngos, intl organizations & big multinational companies.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Deltagiant: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
Duru1:
Mere agitation for independent nation does not engender war among people of average intellect.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
Abimaje7:
So if you work as a liaison office between an IGO or an INGO that doesn't make you a diplomat right? "operative word"

No it doesnt. Ur just a liaison officer. But it doesnt really matter. You dont have to be a career diplomat to have those skills. Anyone can develop them depending on their normal functions. I get what d other poster is saying but you dont have to have a specific career in diplomacy to be in charge of the ministry of foreign affairs. Hillary clinton is a lawyer by training and had no diplomatic experience before becoming secretary of state of the united states.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Kulas: 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
Cheii see intimidating profile.Over qualified candidate!.I think he has more intimidating credentials pass all d Ministers.Anyway let Nigerians tap little from his knowledge before we have our Biafra.For all I know,just a little time from now- ,Godfrey Onyeama For President- Republic Of Biafra.
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by piagetskinner(m): 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
Vodkka:

hop I will b collecting my salary?
Y not... Y do u think Cbn adopted single treasury act?? So that people like u can benefit
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Vodkka(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
piagetskinner:

Y not... Y do u think Cbn adopted single treasury act?? So that people like u can benefit

tanks
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by Vodkka(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
piagetskinner:

tanks bro
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by ColeworldMD(m): 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
Missy89:
So, in short, Someone with little diplomatic experience is heading the foreign ministry
Is it until he writes diplomat in his cv that u will know? Most of his appointments were representing Africa and recently United Nations along with countless NGOs, a certified attorney, studied in the US & UK in the 80s.. I think his diplomatic enough!!! If u don't find his cv awesome den u are jealous!!! Chineke me!!!
Then again we had such technocrats in the last admin.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by fireforfire: 9:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
Beremx:
could you kindly face the topic and don't derail?

Lalasticlala ooooo!!! grin
Relax. he was only trying to be funny.
im sure it wasnt to annoy u
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by bugzbunny: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
love23a:
[size=28pt]I dont know him. I dont think it is appropriate for buhari to pick anyone from the east at minister of Foreign Affairs

People may wish to become a country, but is there life save. If your son , say he want to jump from a cliff, will you allow him.
[/size]

Ur death is near....cos fustration will kill u... Bloody parasites...
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by basilo101: 9:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
CSTR2:
What is intimidating here?
Go and check other countries foreign affair ministers and see their resume.
Many of them have decades of experience in conflicts resolution, UN foreign policy formulation, and with the added advantage of a nobel peace prize.
This is pretty mediocre, though for Nigerian standards may be intimidating.
So what of the experience of other ministers in other countries? will the finance minster even come anywhere close?
Re: Profile Of Geoffery Oyeama, Minister Of Foriegn Affairs by basilo101: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
Missy89:

see them, another mere commisioner has been polished and given to us as finance minister yet they are arguing over nothing here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Female Suicide Bombers Shot While Trying To Attack A Military Post In Borno.PICS / Senator Kwari: How Terrorists Shattered Head Of Nursing Mother In Train Attack / Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.