Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism (4100 Views)

The Reason One Igbo-hating Woman Gave Me For Hating The Igbo - Igbodefender.com / What is the Thin Line Between Patrotism And Tribalism? / Buhari: An Igbo-hating Anti-democracy Fuhrer Reeks of Adolf Hitler & Mobutu Seko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by tonychristopher: 8:39pm On Nov 11, 2015
IGBO HATING AND THE RHETORIC OF PATROTISM
By Carlos Chinwendu
It is not every day that you return from work and read updates so full of hate with its quarter million likes by two sets of people: those who share similar hate of a particular race with the poster and those who think that liking such posts would earn them that illusionary tag of ‘good’ Nigerian. Yes, good Nigerian. To be viewed as a good Nigerian, you must put up posts that directly spew hate against Igbos. Every ‘good’ Nigerian is expected to do this – at least once in a week – for that was the face of ‘patriotism’.
And it also come with the silly idea that all of the people who want Nigeria restructure in preparation for a break up are senseless is well believed among the ‘patriotic’ Nigerians. People now put up posts to address Igbo problems which the Igbo should go and face at the command of these ‘patriotic’ Nigerians. These patriotic Nigerians will bypass Asaba, Owerri, Enugu but would quickly bring up Aba in every of their discussions. And we already know why they do these. Listening to these ‘patriotic’ Nigerians, one would begin to wonder whether all the polio-ridden beggars at every junction on major cities across Nigeria were Igbos – or that those reckless and moronic okada riders at every part of Lagos known for their heavy combination of illiteracy, arrogance and stupidity were Igbos. Or that all the illiterate meghards across Nigeria were all Igbo people.
The current hate for the Igbos now come hidden under Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB and patriotic Nigerians now see the Kanu saga as their kitchen – where they cook up Igbo hate, wrap it with that notorious tag of ‘National interest’ and then serve it to their teeming anti-Igbo friends – who themselves are willing collaborators of Igbo hate against the Igbo. Kanu should be jailed, they is what you could read from every of their statement. But here in Lagos, Gani Adams and his OPC boys, known for their neatness and calmness, work about with guns and in some cases, unleash mayhem on the citizenry. Fulani herdsmen too are not left out in the gun carrying charade and their guns are well known to explode at the slightest provocation. But what troubles ‘patriotic’ Nigerians so much is Nnamdi Kanu’s endless noise on Radio Biafra London. I am certain that Nnamdi Kanu’s ordinary rants give these ‘patriotic’ Nigerians more sleepless nights than the OPC putting hot pepper in a girl’s vagina and the Fulani herdsmen leveling a village whose inhabitants were should I say ‘unpatriotic’ enough to question their audacity of letting their cows feed on their crops and that is if these acts give them sleepless nights at all.
One of these patriotic Nigerians, an Ijaw gentleman made an update where he rubbished Igbos with a very illogical argument. His argument was that GEJ’S government loaded its appointments with Igbos and Northerners didn’t cry, according to him, Northerners kept calm because they were more ‘politically-mature’ than the East and South South. I saw Northerners calling him ‘patriotic Nigerian’ and dude became a super star with so many fans willing to cheer him to his grave – provided he’s willing to die hating Igbo. In the first comment, I asked one Abdul if he was actually sure that Northerners during GEJ where not wailing and he said yes, so I copied two of their wails and posted to him. Then in my second comment, I challenged the Poster who also commented that Northerners are the true Nigerians because they don’t mind who rules Nigeria. I agreed with him that Northerners are the true Nigerians – true Nigerians means nothing to me but unconscious slaves – and you would agree with me later as we progress. But I disagreed with him that Northern don’t mind who riles Nigeria – it is on the contrary, their wish – to always rule Nigeria. I asked him if it was people from Saudi Arabia that killed 450 youth coppers in Kano and Kaduna and burned people’s offices and cars when GEJ was declared winner in 2011. Of course, that was how far I went: the ijaw dude thinking I was about to damage his popularity and his presumed elevation to a star quickly came and hit the block button. An Ijaw dude who ironically many of my Igbo pals would die defending their kinsman. And yours faithfully heaved with the knowledge that my words are still there like the popular ‘uli’.
One cannot deny the fact however that there are lots of miscreants on Radio Biafra as there are lots of miscreants in Oduduwa page, Arewa pages and even Proudly Ijaw. Miscreants exist everywhere even in that street where you live. Since every part of this country have its own fare share of miscreants, commonsense says ‘patriotic’ Nigerians should focus on their own area. My mother use to tell me those in Igbo: ‘koo n’ubi I’ which in English means weed on your own farm. Every farm had weeds, why not concentrate on weeding your own farm first before telling your neighbor to weed his or hers? And do you imagine your sanity is still intact when you leave your weed infested farm to discuss the weed in that of your neighbor? And if I may ask, why always threatening the Igbos with war whenever they want to opt out? I mean, who the hell wants to fight Igbo people if they want to opt out? I know you are mischievous, for you would never read the great AHIARA DECLARATION and judge the Igbo people with it but would rather visit RADIO BIAFRA LONDON, a playground for the ill-informed and judge the rest Igbo people who wants an opt out with it. Why exactly have you refused to judge them with the AHIARA DECLARATION? Oh you haven’t? So below is an excerpt from the AHIARA DECLARATION, Maybe a glimpse at it would knock some sense right into your head to know exactly what the Igbo and co wanted.
NEGRO RENAISSANCE
‘We do not claim that the Biafran Revolution is the first attempt in history by the Negro to assert his identity, to claim his right and proper place as a human being on a basis of equality with the white and yellow races. We are aware of the Negro’s past and present efforts to prove his ability at home and abroad. We are familiar with his achievements in prehistory; we are familiar with his achievements in exploring and taming the African and American continents; we are familiar with his achievements in political organisations; we are familiar with these contributions to the world store of art and culture. The Negro’s white oppressors are not unaware of all these.
But in spite of their awareness they are not prepared to admit that the Negro is a fellow human and colleague. This is why we in Biafra are convinced that the Negro can never come to his own until he is able to build modern states (whether national or multi-national) based on a compelling African ideology, enjoying real rather than sham independence, able to give scope to the full development of the human spirit in the arts and sciences, able to engage in dialogue with the white states on a basis of transparent equality and able to introduce a new dimension into international statecraft.
In the world context, this is Biafra - the plight of the black struggling to be man. From this derives our deep conviction that the Biafran Revolution is not just a movement of Igbo, Ibibio, Ijaw and Ogoja. It is a movement of true and patriotic Africans. It is African nationalism conscious of itself and fully aware of the powers with which it is contending. From this derives our belief that history and humanity are on our side, and that the Biafran Revolution is indestructible and eternal.’
Read that… ^ of course you would quickly remove the Ijaw, Ibibio and Ogoja from the list, but what difference does it make?
One patriotic Nigeria says those Igbos in support of secession are not sensible and perhaps, the whole Igbo cowards would rush to click ‘like’ on that irresponsible post. I am partially responding to that update now, because I support the idea of Africans creating their own states and not the slave markets created for them by the people who until now, believe strongly that negroes are not supposed to create nations for themselves unless it was approved by a European nation. ‘Patriotic’ Nigerian, you are an unconscious slave. I would have written a direct reply to you and your type who are too pompous to realize that they are still slaves but let me reply you in English language – that language whose owners sent my father away from their School in his own village for speaking his own language. I will reply you in this language forced upon us by the people who wanted to wipe away any trait of our Africanism and replace it with theirs. I will reply you with the language of the same people whom my forefathers died resisting their enslavement in that ekumeku war and the Aba women riot.
I knew you were ignorant of the fact that some people in search of treasure, bounced upon your ancestors and at gun point, made them their subjects and that your ancestors were killed in great numbers by these treasure seeking folks. I knew too that you are unaware that someone forced a group of Afro-Asiatic people and another group of kwa people into what he calls nation because of the Berlin conference – yes Berlin conference. You are too pompous in your ignorance to know too that why they forced these different people into a nation was because France and Britain already have too many territories in Africa – territories dubiously labeled theirs when the owners are still alive and kicking but were held captive by strangers they welcomed to their lands. Your ancestors, ‘patriotic’ Nigerian are among these captives whose land were about to be allocated to strangers in a strange land and without their consents. Britain in other to avoid losing much of their territories, decided to play a trick: the trick was to group up to five of the territories they stole which share common boundary together and call them one name while still stealing from the people. Patriotic Nigerian, the place tagged Niger republic, Cameroun and the place tagged Republic of Benin would’ve been grouped into the place tagged Nigeria if these places and their inhabitants were not held hostage by different bandits.
You hate Igbos for wanting to opt out of a union created without their consent. You wanted the Igbo to remain in a union they never liked: a union their fathers died resisting at the Ekumeku war and the Douglass war near Owerri. You want the Igbos to remain in a union which one of their sons, King Jaja of Opobo fought and died resisting. You wanted the Igbo to remain in a union created by people who are proud of creating it because that to them is how the Negros will remain – anywhere the Europeans placed them. The Igbos according to you should remain royal and educated slave just like yourself. They must remain where the master placed all of us and they become senseless whenever they have the audacity to say ‘no, we can’t be in this cage we are better than this, we are not Nigerians but Igbos. We speak Igbo like the people of England speak English and the Chinese speak Chinese and in Germany, they speak German…’?
The Igbos says they want to be Igbos or Biafrans. They are not doing so because being Igbo or Biafra will land them in a land flowing with milk and honey. No, but while we cannot rule the possibility of such happenstance considering the cases of Malaysia vs. Singapore, India vs. Pakistan, North Korea vs. South Korea etc. I know you normally use South Sudan to blackmail Igbos and to spread fear. But as it is, the Igbos seems to also know of the nations I mentioned because unlike you, most Igbos are not stupid. South Sudan has not arrived, b ut they certainly would in no distance time and I hope you stay alive to run their in search of greener pastures. I know you would because you don’t have shame and you are good at eating humble pies. But what would you say if in ten years time, South Sudan finally shakes off the long damage done to it from the long abusive union with ‘Sudan’? Or are you already insinuating that they would not come out of the crises even as evidence all suggest that they are coming out?
Freedom does not come on a platter of gold, it comes with a price – and that price could mean suffering for some years. I believe the Igbos would rather suffer for some years than remain loyal slaves because they are too afraid to leave their comfort zone like you and your fellow patriotic Nigerians. You wanted igbos to join you in making Nigeria, a British cage ‘better for your selves and your children who probably would have become full-time English-speaking and westernized slaves by the time because you, their parents were not brave enough to understand that 50 million Yoruba are enough to form a Yoruba land and speak Yoruba language as obtainable in free INDEPENDENT nations around the globe. Freedom is a problem on its own albeit a ‘progressive’ problem. For in freedom, we are in charge and being in charge entails responsibilities. You are responsible for solving problems. So cut that ridiculous thought of yours that Igbos when they pull out would encounter problems. Don’t forget that their inclusion into your Niger area was a problem to them and by opting out, they have solved one problem. Problems are precarious, the solution to one problem will always bring us face-to-face with another problem and each problem solved is a step up the ladder. Nations, communities and individuals grow by solving problems.
Mr and Mrs patriotic Nigerian, I would leave you lots in your ignorance and cowardice but the knowledge that you and I are Africanly connected will not allow me. By the way, is that signboard that reads ‘WE ONLY SPEAK ENGLISH HERE’ still at the entrance of your kid’s school dear patriotic Nigerians? Is your dear Nigeria still a member of Islamic countries? do people, I mean your fellow Nigerians still b urn houses, kill Igbo people and destroy offices over a cartoon drawn in far away Denmark? I will leave you however to remain a patriotic Nigerian as against a Yoruba or Hausa or Igbo because it is now a fact that you can never do away with your slavish tag because you are afraid of the unknown. Birds in a cage usually think within themselves that flying is a disease. You can stay in your comfort zone, that is right but do sincerely accept the fact that you are a miseducated and ignorant coward.

39 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by vayne(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
The rest of Nigeria just have a generational problem of misplaced priorities,they spew trash without thinking just to gain "likes" and sound patriotic even at their own detriment without even considering the concern and interest of the average Igbo man.

But then,everyone suddenly knows how to advice when it comes to igbos.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by EternalTruths: 8:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Epic

We hope the slaves in the waste of Nigeria are listening cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Young03(m): 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
[color=#550000][/color]

akuko akaria
pls tell me wat u mean in summary
Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by FisifunKododada: 9:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
cool You will be surprised how many Nigerians (Yorubas for example) are in full support of the actualization of Biafra. I spoke to a Lagos state indigene who told me how the overpopulation of Lagos is largely driven by Igbos running out of the South East. To make matters worse, when these Igbos get to Lagos are large segment of them always display an arrogant disrespect for the culture of the State. At one time, the Igbos in Lagos wanted to install an Igbo King in Lagos - with the help of Akinwumi who lost the election. I can guarantee you, that the day Igbos vacate SW the Yoruba people will celebrate publicly on the streets. So don't think that people are stopping you from forming your own country. Many want you to leave and go back to the East. Please, do it quickly. And also make sure you vacate every major city in the North too.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by badnature: 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
the unconscious slaves in the west will avoid this thread the way igbo people avoid leprosy!

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Curlieweed: 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tonychristopher,

This post just made my day. The Ahiara Decleration should be memorized by every Igbo person.

Thanks x1,000,000

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by naijaking1: 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
"We shall make it impossible for them to govern themselves"

1 Like

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
This article is spot on.

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by kingsman66(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
Who have time for this long and empty meaning article
Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
Who cares? Make them hug transformer! Biafra don come .

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by EasternLionn: 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
This nearly made me cry sha.

I am proud of myself for actively doing my best to have Biafra restored.

My kids will have an identity.

Chukwu Okike Abiama you are in heaven. embarassed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Lordave: 9:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
One cannot deny the fact however that there are lots of miscreants on Radio Biafra as there are lots of miscreants in Oduduwa page, Arewa pages and even Proudly Ijaw. Miscreants exist everywhere even in that street where you live. Since every part of this country have its own fare share of miscreants, commonsense says ‘patriotic’ Nigerians should focus on their own area. My mother use to tell me those in Igbo: ‘koo n’ubi I’ which in English means weed on your own farm. Every farm had weeds, why not concentrate on weeding your own farm first before telling your neighbor to weed his or hers? And do you imagine your sanity is still intact when you leave your weed infested farm to discuss the weed in that of your neighbor? And if I may ask, why always threatening the Igbos with war whenever they want to opt out? I mean, who the hell wants to fight Igbo people if they want to opt out?
Every word in the above passage should be properly digested.

OP, God bless your heart for making my day with that passage.
Deceit, Hypocrisy and Mischievousness is the Nigeria Motto.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Lordave: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
kingsman66:
Who have time for this long and empty meaning article
It's either the article doesn't concern you or you're one of those mischief makers OP is talking about or you are as good as your comment.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by tonychristopher: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
Curlieweed:
Tonychristopher,

This post just made my day. The Ahiara Decleration should be memorized by every Igbo person.

Thanks x1,000,000

Your welcome
Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by tonychristopher: 10:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
I know that this will hurt em but I have just posted my own different angles

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Emekamex(m): 10:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
FisifunKododada:
cool You will be surprised how many Nigerians (Yorubas for example) are in full support of the actualization of Biafra. I spoke to a Lagos state indigene who told me how the overpopulation of Lagos is largely driven by Igbos running out of the South East. To make matters worse, when these Igbos get to Lagos are large segment of them always display an arrogant disrespect for the culture of the State. At one time, the Igbos in Lagos wanted to install an Igbo King in Lagos - with the help of Akinwumi who lost the election. I can guarantee you, that the day Igbos vacate SW the Yoruba people will celebrate publicly on the streets. So don't think that people are stopping you from forming your own country. Many want you to leave and go back to the East. Please, do it quickly. And also make sure you vacate every major city in the North too.
A gift from Amadioha

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by ichidodo: 10:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hate is bred from fear... These people are afraid of igbos and the uncertain life without them....Well, good riddance to them, Hello Biafra.

14 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by lawrenceunaa: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
Spot on. Nigeria a slave of Britain . The only independent country still being colonized. We want out of nigeria even if it means suffering . yes u read right suffering ; we have suffered and we saying no to being slaves in the cage nigeri .
If u like wish us no good like south Sudan but don't forget Singapore seceded .

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Aufbauh(m): 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
My dad told me that whenever you noticed that virtually everybody around you hates/dislike you, then you have to look inward.
Personally I'll feel bad and remorseful if majority of Nigerian tribes perceives my tribe in a bad light, i cannot just wish it away as an act of ignorance or envy.
I often asked myself what is the injustice Igbos are experiencing which is only peculiar to them, or what are they seeing that other Nigerians are not seeing?
Most of their complaints to us are not peculiar to any tribes and also most of those who believes in the Nigerian project sees it as a burden that is common to multi ethno-linguistic society.
Tolerance is key to every successful relationship.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by IGBOSON1: 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
A Daniel has come to judgement!

Well articulated and concise! smiley

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by FisifunKododada: 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
Emekamex:

A gift from Amadioha

cool e pain am die cool grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Emekamex(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
FisifunKododada:

cool e pain am die cool grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Xpaz: 11:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
Aufbauh:
My dad told me that whenever you noticed that virtually everybody around you hates/dislike you, then you have to look inward.
Personally I'll feel bad and remorseful if majority of Nigerian tribes perceives my tribe in a bad light, i cannot just wish it away as an act of ignorance or envy.
I often asked myself what is the injustice Igbos are experiencing which is only peculiar to them, or what are they seeing that other Nigerians are not seeing?
Most of their complaints to us are not peculiar to any tribes and also most of those who believes in the Nigerian project sees it as a burden that is common to multi ethno-linguistic society.
Tolerance is key to every successful relationship.
my Brother.
You just Proved d writer of this article Right.
Evil people and haters like you suddenly becomes and adviser to d Igbo and suddenly knew when to advice them after spewing your hatred towards them.
hmm.
I don"'t have much to tell you becos I always see you Ranting on every Igbo thread.
with out making any sense.
Useless Benue Wanna-be

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by FisifunKododada: 12:05am On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=Emekamex post=39927811][/quote]

cool see painment grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Emekamex(m): 12:11am On Nov 12, 2015
FisifunKododada:

cool see painment grin grin grin grin

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 12, 2015
Pungent piece...hope the ignorant/docile slaves in Lord Lugard's cage will digest its message and receive some sense for their emancipation.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by FreeGlobe(f): 12:35am On Nov 12, 2015
lalasticlala FP status just like the one you pushed calling us to go and develop igboland.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by FreeGlobe(f): 12:39am On Nov 12, 2015
perhaps, ignorant people like ishilove can be educated

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by Themonster: 1:24am On Nov 12, 2015
FreeGlobe:
perhaps, ignorant people like ishilove can be educated

lol
Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by FisifunKododada: 1:26am On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=Emekamex post=39928495][/quote]

cool e pain am die grin grin grin

Re: Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism by pazienza(m): 2:10am On Nov 12, 2015
double post.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Will Announce Lagos Council Election Date Soon - LASIEC Boss / Asari Dokubo Responds Kanu "Yes, I'm An Igbo Man And Have Never Denied That" / My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.