Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy (62713 Views)

Ram Goat Rearing And Fattening / Benefits Of Rearing Animals(my Farm And I) / Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 11:59pm On Sep 13, 2016
PAUSE
Am making a pause here. I will continue discussions on mulberry and Goat feeding later.

Right now want to show some pix. I have been able to get around the challenge of how to paste pix and phone camera issue .

The pix below is my urban Goat Farm where I experimented and now fully practice Zero grazing goat farm

observe very well the different dimensions : sleeping area, playing area and feeding area. all are unique.

you also see the feed trough, uniquely designed

1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 12:05am On Sep 14, 2016
the single entrance. however there is partition with door inside. there are reasons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 12:17am On Sep 14, 2016
the feed trough .

the most important component in a zero grazing goat farm is the feed trough . if you miss it you will lose out . why ?

goats are picky and irrational when it comes to food. it is not true that goats eat anything.

the feed trough should not allow for contamination with their urine or excreta or even sand . else they will reject it and you will have poor malnourished goats.
see the pix

1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 12:26am On Sep 14, 2016
different breeds

I should add that I rear different breeds on my farm including sokoto red and the west African dwarfs. there are only 3 widely recognised goat breeds in Nigeria.

from experience their level of intelligence differs, also feeding behaviours . this is important in designing a feeding system that is multipurpose. bear this in mind

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Akinbaba(m): 11:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
Dear Zayons,

Please do you have the South African Boer Goat in stock or do you know anyone that has it in stock on their farm.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by alakara(m): 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
Akinbaba:
Dear Zayons,

Please do you have the South African Boer Goat in stock or do you know anyone that has it in stock on their farm.

I can help you to get it if you want it.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 8:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
Akinbaba:
Dear Zayons,

At. present I do not have. sure it is in my plan to get both the south African Boer and Kalahari breeds. but that is after basic arrangements and facilities are in place. they need special care diff from the one we give Nigerian breeds

you may get one from Tagwai farms ( owned by Niger state Govt ) in Niger and Sabore farm in Adamawa.

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by elaade: 9:45pm On Sep 16, 2016
nice one brov.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by lanre2009: 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
Is it possible to get dairy cows from them too and what could be the cost for each dairy cow?

zayons:

At. present I do not have. sure it is in my plan to get both the south African Boer and Kalahari breeds. but that is after basic arrangements and facilities are in place. they need special care diff from the one we give Nigerian breeds

you may get one from Tagwai farms ( owned by Niger state Govt ) in Niger and Sabore farm in Adamawa.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
lanre2009:
Is it possible to get dairy cows from them too and what could be the cost for each dairy cow?

yea you can get dairy cows from them - foreign breeds. expensive between 300k and 400k per one for female dairy cows.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by growersfarm: 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2016
What do you think of this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:08pm On Sep 26, 2016
growersfarm:
What do you think of this

nice one.
But are you open to suggestions ? i would love to drop a word or two which may help you. just let me know what you feel about it.
Is this your farm ? one of the goats appear not to be the typical WAD breed- the first on the left- maybe am not seeing it well.
would you like to tell us the breed ? just for knowledge sake.

if the work is yours then you are making steady progress.
cheers
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 2:18am On Oct 17, 2016
i promised to share some thoughts on mulbery as livestock feed especially goats. either in dry form or fresh form, goats of diff breeds are crazy about it.

let me share the pix of some we planted around our place. will discuss further later
look at the pix very and see if you can recognise it.

1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:28am On Oct 17, 2016
Pause.
i just want to share something i read in premium times about goat. of all livestock. goat should appeal most to you.

yes Talking about goat empowerment, the new trend in economic empowerment.

read the news:

Jigawa Govt. empowers 200 women with 600 goats

. The Jigawa Government has empowered 200 women with 600 goats in Buji Local Government Area of the state.
Ali Safiyanu, the Information Officer of Buji LGA, made this known to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Dutse.
The goats were distributed to the beneficiaries in the 11 wards of the local government under the Goat Rearing/Breeding Loan Scheme introduced to empower women in the state.
The beneficiaries would pay back the revolving loan in 18 months.
Mr. Safiyanu said the state’s APC Women Leader, Binta Shuaibu, distributed the goats to the beneficiaries on Oct. 14, in Buji town.
He said that the women were given two she-goats and one he-goat to rear, adding that the breeds would give birth twice a year.
According to him, the women would pay back the loan with three goats.
The spokesperson quoted the APC women leader as explaining that the decision to give the beneficiaries goats was because of its economic value and simplicity into rearing.

“The government decided to give the women goats because of its economic values; both the goat’s meat and its skin are needed.
“Since most of the beneficiaries are rural dwellers, to feed the animals will not be hard for them because of the availability of the animal feeds in their villages,’’ he quoted Binta as saying. (NAN)
Premium Times
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Me4sure: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2016
JOIN MIDAS INITIATIVE TEAM TODAY
Invest in OWN A FARM PROMO
Get over 50% discount for a full farm set up
Promo Offers
Set up for a plot - N75, 000 - Vegetable Farm
Set up for a plot - N100,000 - Plantain Farm intercropped with vegetables for 2 year lease
Set up 8 plots & get 1plot free
Set up I hectare & get 2plots free
You can Pay in 3 Installments
Benefits
Set up entails land clearing, ploughing, ridging making, seeds, planting, manure, pest control, weeding
Earn as much as N250k on a plot & N3M on a hectare in 1 year
9 months management
Earn 10% commission for referrals
etc.
08091490783 or 08149449140
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:27am On Oct 18, 2016
Mulbery contd

Goats love mulbery - all nigerian breeds for that matter. our goats does

either dried or fresh. that means it cant be wasted. sometimes sliced and dried and kept for future use

although mulbery is not native to nigeria, it grows very well and luxuriantly on nigerian soils without much stress

the leaves can also be harvested, and mixed with goat feed dried or fresh

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by phillings247: 6:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
i have 4 adult female dwarf goats,2 amongst dem give birth to 3 kids,while d other 2 produce 2kids at a go.1 male goat,3pregnant dwarf goats and 4 weaned goats all are for sale at a good price call or whatsapp me on 08027915498
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by umbo: 9:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
Jaaj
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 1:29am On Oct 19, 2016
phillings247:
i have 4 adult female dwarf goats,2 amongst dem give birth to 3 kids,while d other 2 produce 2kids at a go.1 male goat,3pregnant dwarf goats and 4 weaned goats all are for sale at a good price call or whatsapp me on 08027915498

your goat breeds appears to be good ones. why do you want to sell them ? are they sick ? I thought they should serve as your breeding stock
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:50am On Nov 04, 2016
Concentrates As Goat. Feed

if you intend to practice zero grazing goat farming like I do , then you need to sharpen your skill in this area. Nutrition is one subject that will determine your success or failure in goat farming especially zero grazing goat farming

in determining appropriate concentrate feed formulae many factors come into play . these include availability , cost , acceptability by the goat breed, the farmer's skill , nutritive power , goat breed etc.

again remember that goat don't just eat anything. they are picky in their eating pattern.

I should add this. diff goat breeds and age don't have exact similar behaviour when it comes to feeds. but adaption may come into play here.

to be contd
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2016
Concentrates As Goat Feed cont'd.

Brewery wastes : wherever there is Brewery , then you can easily get the wastes from beer production and is usually free of charge.

usually in wet form but you will need to sun dry it. you feed it to goats in dry powdery form compounded with other materials in specific ratio .

even if you don't have access to brewery, you can get the dry form from any feed mill around you.
the protein content is OK for goats especially when mixed with others

cont'd
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by petrchuks: 6:17am On Dec 20, 2016
Messrs Zayons, please could you drop your contact phone number for the discerning ones who do not think that your hard earned knowledge on experience is a fraud.Thanks ojere ee better person let them keep on thinking what ever they like after all thinking is free.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 9:36am On Dec 31, 2016
petrchuks:
Messrs Zayons, please could you drop your contact phone number for the discerning ones who do not think that your hard earned knowledge on experience is a fraud.Thanks ojere ee better person let them keep on thinking what ever they like after all thinking is free.

thank you my bro. the goat market is so huge that I don't need to sell anything on this thread. just having fun cheering some information free - what ordinarily I sell as information products. they just think anyone offering uncommon service is a fraud. poor minds

this December I still sold goat . the market is always there.

goat breeding is not rocket science yet it is not funny. zero grazing which I practice is the real test that will show whether you are big boy or not. I have acquired huge skills and experience and knowledge in it overtime. just wanted to have fun releasing bits of them
you requested for my number ?
0816 806 4251

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by ekekwe1: 9:47am On Jan 12, 2017
Good morning.please am new in goat breeding. I purchased two pregnant WAD last week of December.. lately I noticed one is them is suffering from catarrh and coughs.. milkish discharge coming outta her nose, loss of appetite and always on her own. She has also refused to drink water. Please how do I go about this?
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by mfm04622: 5:21am On Jan 20, 2017
zayons:

Mulbery contd

Goats love mulbery - all nigerian breeds for that matter. our goats does

either dried or fresh. that means it cant be wasted. sometimes sliced and dried and kept for future use

although mulbery is not native to nigeria, it grows very well and luxuriantly on nigerian soils without much stress

the leaves can also be harvested, and mixed with goat feed dried or fresh

Thank you for your efforts. Please where can I get Mulberry to plant? Do they grow from seeds or seedlings? Can I get from you?

Thank you
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by austino01(m): 9:59am On Jan 20, 2017
Are you interested in making millions in pig farm in 2017/ if yes there is a group that is presently giving out free lectures on how to start and be successful in pig farming you cant afford not to be in this group much to gain. send me a whatsapp request and i will be happy to put you in the group remember it is FREE. 2017 is your year to join the MILLIONAIRE CLUB.send request to +14042549461
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2017
mfm04622:

Thank you for your efforts. Please where can I get Mulberry to plant? Do they grow from seeds or seedlings? Can I get from you?

Thank you

mulberry grow mainly from stem. it is the stem you should plant. any part of the stem should grow but younger stems are better and grow faster.

now there is a trick in planting it - let it be about 45 degrees to the ground i.e slanted . in that way many of them will grow. also better planted immediately after rain

I know only of Ondo and Ekiti as places where you can get the stems to buy from the farmers who planted them except if you need small quantity which I think they can give you free
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2017
ekekwe1:
Good morning.please am new in goat breeding. I purchased two pregnant WAD last week of December.. lately I noticed one is them is suffering from catarrh and coughs.. milkish discharge coming outta her nose, loss of appetite and always on her own. She has also refused to drink water. Please how do I go about this?

catarrh and cough - that look like a respiratory tract infection. if you are fortunate to get a vet skilled in goat care then you should see him.

in the alternative go and get amoxyl or any other broad spectrum antibiotics from vet shop and give them. but be careful about this due to their pregnancy. except you know what you are doing and can monitor them don't give injection.

also ensure that they are not exposed to cold excessively . Dec is cold and try and keep them warm in particular their pen .
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 3:23pm On Jan 20, 2017
ekekwe1:

catarrh and cough - that look like a respiratory tract infection. if you are fortunate to get a vet skilled in goat care then you should see him.

in the alternative go and get amoxyl or any other broad spectrum antibiotics from vet shop and give them. but be careful about this due to their pregnancy. except you know what you are doing and can monitor them don't give injection.

also ensure that they are not exposed to cold excessively . Dec is cold and try and keep them warm in particular their pen .
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by mfm04622: 5:33am On Jan 21, 2017
zayons:

mulberry grow mainly from stem. it is the stem you should plant. any part of the stem should grow but younger stems are better and grow faster.

now there is a trick in planting it - let it be about 45 degrees to the ground i.e slanted . in that way many of them will grow. also better planted immediately after rain

I know only of Ondo and Ekiti as places where you can get the stems to buy from the farmers who planted them except if you need small quantity which I think they can give you free

I will appreciate if I can get some from you. I will prefer to wait till the rainy season as you said it is better planted after a rain. Do you know the local name in any Nigerian language? Thank you so much
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
mfm04622:

I will appreciate if I can get some from you. I will prefer to wait till the rainy season as you said it is better planted after a rain. Do you know the local name in any Nigerian language? Thank you so much

I don't know the local name and am not sure if there is a local name for it most likely because mulbery is not native to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm / Why Can't Apples Grow In Nigeria? / My New Tomatoes Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.