Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola (35492 Views)

Biafra50: Nigerians Can’t Be Forced To Live Together – Afenifere Replies Ag Pres / I Never Promised Better Power Supply", Fashola Informs Nigerians / Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:12am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Go and read the responsibilities of state government. Typical agbaya...I don't know the quality of kids we are raising today. Here I'm tell this idiot....go and read the constitution on state government responsibilities and he is arguing with me.
You're one of the coconut heads making this forum to lose its lustre of intellectual debate. Second Schedule, Part II (Concurrent Legislative List), item F - Electric power speaks on power. Though both states and the FG have power on items on the concurrent list, an SS2 student will tell you that the FG prevails in an event of clash.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by barcaboi(m): 9:16am On Nov 12, 2015
bugzbunny:
People before you have said same and turned out worse...... U better deliver d dullard.. All he thinks abt is fulanis and their cows... Useless country... We wait for him to come bk in 3 decades time..and shout change..
yet he placed southerners in sensitive posts......wailers incorporation. ..
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by wristbangle: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Typical yoruba OP hyping its own...was there steady power supply in Lagos under Fashola? Why are people so deficient of basic human reason.

Are u saying Fashola as a governor then should provide constant electricity when it was the sole responsibility of the federal government under GEJ administration to provide constant power?

Bro, why u dey reason like cockroach like this now? Why is your bitterness more corrosive than bile? You dey reason from your anus ni?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by CaptaiinG(m): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Typical ignorant idiot and smugly about it. Go and read the constitution on state government responsibilities. Typical product of our failed educational system. Yes Federal government exercise a great deal of control on power generation, but the constitution doesn't preclude the state from doing the same with oversight of the Federal government.

You need to get a life I swear, na second hand life you dey manage, how many of ur South east governors can you mention that transform their state as Fashola did,did you hear about the pipp project he completed while the governor of Lagos, you wake up early every day just to hate, you cannot continue like this bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by chimoskyg(m): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2015
I believe Fashola will deliver

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by gbrown(m): 9:33am On Nov 12, 2015
bugzbunny:
People before you have said same and turned out worse...... U better deliver d dullard.. All he thinks abt is fulanis and their cows... Useless country... We wait for him to come bk in 3 decades time..and shout change..
KAI! SEE FRUSTRATION, CHANGE HAS COME, CHANGE IS THE BITTER PILL YOU HAVE TO SWALLOW, IF YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH IT, FEEL FREE TO JOIN BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by muhamm3d: 9:38am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Typical yoruba OP hyping its own...was there steady power supply in Lagos under Fashola? Why are people so deficient of basic human reason.
so Lagos state generate its own electricity abi. The saddest part is that you are most likely a graduate, its so sad the quality of graduates we produce nowadays. If not that the university ddnt pass through you, you would have realised that power is in the exclusive legislative list. even if a state produces electricity it cannot be sent to homes but only for public devices and any remaining electricity will be returned back to the national grid to be shared according to what state they wish to send it. enlighten and educate yourself and stop sounding like a mechanic. olodo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by ERAKAMUS: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2015
Buhari talk pass you, Today see where we dey.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 12, 2015
muhamm3d:
so Lagos state generate its own electricity abi. The saddest part is that you are most likely a graduate, its so sad the quality of graduates we produce nowadays. If not that the university ddnt pass through you, you would have realised that power is in the exclusive legislative list. even if a state produces electricity it cannot be sent to homes but only for public devices and any remaining electricity will be returned back to the national grid to be shared according to what state they wish to send it. enlighten and educate yourself and stop sounding like a mechanic. olodo.

Very stup$id idiot we have walking down our streets; product of our failed educational system and represents every thing wrong with the polity. Ignorant and yet smugly about. No law prevents a state from generating its own electricity with federal government oversight. Go and read the constitution on states's responsibilities. Fool!

Are you aware that Abia state generates its own electricity under a company called Geometric power and energy own by Prof. Barth Nnaji though its currently nonoperational for some interests reason. The point I'm making is states have right to generate its electricity either as a state project or investment by companies. FOOL!
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by muhamm3d: 9:55am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Very stupid idiot we have walking down our streets; product of our failed educational system and represents every thing wrong with the polity. Ignorant and yet smugly about. No law prevents a state from generating its own electricity with federal government oversight. Go and read the constitution on states's responsibilities. Fool!
And yet you blame fashola for not providing 24hours electricity in lagos, aint you contradicting yourself. I will advise you to educate yourself ok. You sound very dumb i must tell you. no insult intended.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by niyidenrele: 9:55am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Hmmmmm ,hatred mind on the loose ,is power ministry under fashola ,while the governor of Lagos state?
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 12, 2015
muhamm3d:
[s]And yet you blame fashola for not providing 24hours electricity in lagos, aint you contradicting yourself. I will advise you to educate yourself ok. You sound very dumb i must tell you. no insult intended[/s].

You are perpetually educationally irredeemable. I can't help you!
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by niyidenrele: 9:59am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Very stup$id idiot we have walking down our streets; product of our failed educational system and represents every thing wrong with the polity. Ignorant and yet smugly about. No law prevents a state from generating its own electricity with federal government oversight. Go and read the constitution on states's responsibilities. Fool!

Are you aware that Abia state generates its own electricity under a company called Geometric power and energy own by Prof. Barth Nnaji though its currently nonoperational for some interests reason. The point I'm making is states have right to generate its electricity either as a state project or investment by companies. FOOL!
if I may guess right,that was during last dispensation ,controlled and ruled by PDP,and it's no secret that Fashola government belongs to the opposition party,APC ,......even with that ,u don't need a soothesayer to tell u,what might have gone wrong ..
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 12, 2015
niyidenrele:
Hmmmmm ,hatred mind on the loose ,is power ministry under fashola ,while the governor of Lagos state?

see my reply of the precedence in Abia state...which invalidates you and others absorbing him of his responsibilities.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 12, 2015
niyidenrele:
if I may guess right,that was during last dispensation ,controlled and ruled by PDP,and it's no secret that Fashola government belongs to the opposition party,APC ,......even with that ,u don't need a soothesayer to tell u,what might have gone wrong ..

That's entirely a different topic if we need to discuss that with facts. The good thing is you are agreeing with me that states have the right to generate electricity. That's the spine of my post!
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Awoofawo(m): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Some folks are so stup!d, such that engaging them in sensible discussion will amount to licking a gorilla sh!t. The south west govts. already demanded that electricity and state police should be remove from the exclusive list. So that all states can generate same according their internal need. But you folks didn't have the foresight to see, that the demand is an indirect call for restructuring the country to make it more effective and efficient in meeting the needs of the masses!

Simple put, the the Nigeria constitution does not permitt states to generate, distribute electric, until the constitution is amend, all the blames are at the FG doorstep! Thank!

cool
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Awoofawo:
Some folks are so stup!d, such that engaging them in sensible discussion will amount to licking a gorilla sh!t. The south west govts. already demanded that electricity and state police should be remove from the exclusive list. So that all states can generate same according their internal need. But you folks didn't have the foresight to see, that the demand is an indirect call for restructuring the country to make it more effective and efficient in meeting the needs of the masses!

Simple put, the the Nigeria constitution does not permitt states to generate, distribute electric, until the constitution is amend, all the blames are at the FG doorstep! Thank!

cool

You are wrong. Go and reread my post again...I added an edit.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by ExInferis(m): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2015
ichidodo:
This Lagos politician should shut up and get down to work.....God help Nigerians as they expect dividends of change at hands of a bureaucrat on sectors of the Nigerian infrastructural hemisphere requiring skilled and experienced technocrats.. All thanks to dullardeen from Daura..

what the fucck is " infrastructural hemisphere "?

you wanna sound smart, you came out all incoherent.

dumb motherfuccker

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Awoofawo(m): 10:32am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

You are wrong. Go and reread my post again...I added an edit.
You are one you got it wrong sir! Let me give you an example, Lagos state govt. once proposed to mass produce pre-meters locally to check, exploit of the discos, are you not in Nigeria when the Fg over rule them. Things like abound over the country not just in lagos....what about the Cctv impass between lagos and the Fg govt, and its outcome? Bro go sit down your point don't hold water! cool Akwa Ibom case is just lucky incident of being PDP state! cool
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by ramsol00: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

lmao.....did you say steady power supply in Lagos under Fashola? I can see your stupidity is generic, I can only pray your children wont share from it.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Sunseeker: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2015
NIGERIANS..... We can wait for better Power Supply jare !!

One of the The Most patient nations in the world !!

We still wait for:
better infrustructure, water supply, good education, human rights, transportation, public housing...SO WHY WONT WE WAIT AGAINNNN !!!? i TIRE o
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by RaptorX: 11:07am On Nov 12, 2015
Same old promises Nigerians have heard a million times b4, the problem with power supply in Nigeria goes deeper than appointing a minister like Fashola and expecting him to wave a magic wand. Come Back in 4 years and see if there is any improvement.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by spencekat(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2015
Start work
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2015
Power supply in my area has now fallen from 18/24 to 4/24. My hopes are not high for now till I see action.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by trapQ: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2015
mumu... even in PH we experienced near near 18-20 hrs steady power supply less than 2 months ago. you're too used to mediocrity that you hardly notice good.
bugzbunny:

See this Apc rat wey dey ajegunle
Lying liars evrywhere
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by haiebeacay(m): 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Edited: for those trying to defend Fashola and absorbing him of responsibility to provide steady power for Lagosians while in office...you are either unaware of what the law says or arrogantly stup$id. LET ME SAY THIS AS CLEARLY AS I CAN IN CAPS...NO LAW PREVENTS A STATE FROM GENERATING AND DISTRIBUTING ITS OWN ELECTRICITY. ABIA STATE IS WORKING OR RATHER DID WORK ON A PROJECT TO GENERATE ELECTRICITY USING A COMPANY OWN BY PROF. BARTH NNAJI. THIS PRECEDENCE INVALIDATES THE ARGUMENTS WHETHER OR NOT STATE CAN GENERATES ELECTRICITY!
You lie about that. The law specifically says: If you are generating above 10MW of power from your plant even if it is private power station, then you must send it to the national grid. That law has handicapped many states and private estates from running an IPP. So before you talk get your facts right. No come dey bobo us for here, intellectuals still dey this house.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by solonazzy: 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Edited: for those trying to defend Fashola and absorbing him of responsibility to provide steady power for Lagosians while in office...you are either unaware of what the law says or arrogantly stup$id. LET ME SAY THIS AS CLEARLY AS I CAN IN CAPS...NO LAW PREVENTS A STATE FROM GENERATING AND DISTRIBUTING ITS OWN ELECTRICITY. ABIA STATE IS WORKING OR RATHER DID WORK ON A PROJECT TO GENERATE ELECTRICITY USING A COMPANY OWN BY PROF. BARTH NNAJI. THIS PRECEDENCE INVALIDATES THE ARGUMENTS WHETHER OR NOT STATE CAN GENERATES ELECTRICITY!
He wuld hav done it, even frm Tinubu's tym, bt den he was told any amount generated by d state wuld b added to d national grid
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Danycruzzygmai: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
integrity is what project a man in life look @ how happy nigerian are on the pronouncement of fashola's portfolio with his presence I believe that issues of power will soon become history
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by riczy(m): 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
erinalex:
your frustration has reach a new height,clearly nothing can be done to redeem you. Ccompliant runs in ur DNA. Believe is key ! If u don't believe u don't have hope,and if u don't have hope,u've no reason to be alive. Surely,u've lost hope in Nigeria,pls do d needful,instead of crying on NL. Wailing on NL has NEVER help u & it will never help ur course. The best u can offer here is to exhibit ur prowess at ABUSING pple,calling us all sorts of names. When it comes to analysing issues critically,ur likes will never be there. I BELIVE ! I BELIVE !! I BELIEVE !!!
Mr hope and Analyst keep believing ,d same ppl hu ruin d economy ar still d ones makn promises,APC does Lagos state have constant power wer he served for 8 yrs, they. all new old wine in New bottles
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by specco(m): 10:09am On Nov 13, 2015
funkyibodude:
Though I'm happy about BRF portfolio, but this internet hyping of Fashola is becoming so annoying and childish sad angry
These clowns queued behind their 'hero' to villify, blackmail and raked up dirty mud against Fashola's imminent ministerial nomination by Pmb. Pmb didnt listento them.
Once that dark project failed and Fashola was not only nominated but also given a chief role in the cabinate, his estwhile traducers have now made a 360° to hail and hype to high heavens the one they tacitly opposed few weeks ago. What a people! Even the arch opponent has come out to claim Fashola as his grandson. Shameless display of shamelessness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu Casts His Vote In Ongoing Edo APC Primaries (Pictures) / Suspend Plan To Recruit 774,000 Nigerians, NASS Tells Buhari / Yahaya Bello Ignores Adamu Adamu During The Primaries (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.