Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,271 members, 7,829,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola (35489 Views)

Biafra50: Nigerians Can’t Be Forced To Live Together – Afenifere Replies Ag Pres / I Never Promised Better Power Supply", Fashola Informs Nigerians / Am On Tour To Understand Causes Of Nigeria’s Epileptic Power Supply: Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by eitsei(m): 8:10am On Nov 12, 2015
akilo1:
is lught own by state or federal?u need to go back to school
d guy na fool don't mind him

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2015
EternalTruths:
Decentralization and privatization of power are the keys

Anything outside that Mr. Fash , will see all your good reputation in the gutter. cool
gbam
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by wiseoneking: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2015
nesta007:
New minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has told staff of the Ministry of Power that Nigerians had waited long enough to get power, hence, the federal government had no choice than to deliver.
Speaking when he assumed office yesterday, he said Nigerians were anxiously waiting for results.
He said his thoughts were on how to bring together processes and activities of all the ministries under his supervision for effective service delivery.
Fashola assured the Ministry’s leadership of his willingness to learn from them, describing them as “career people” who had been on the job for a long time.

“We want information on what has been done, what remained to be done, and what are the future plans, we want to continue from there,” he said.
Advertisement

He said he was also interested on how best to harness the available human resource and the physical assets in the ministry.
According to him, the information he seeks will assist as the administration hits the ground running, and that “we need to do more so as to regain lost time.”

Also speaking, the Minister of State, Power, Works and Housing, Mustapha Baba Shehuri, demanded for a detailed ministerial briefing document to serve as a guide for “proper take-off.”
Responding, the Director, Human Resources, Mrs. Grace Papka, gave copies of the requested documents to the two Ministers, in addition to a time-table for proposed briefings by departments and agencies in the power sector.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/36993/nigerians-cant-wait-any-longer-for-steady-power-supply-fashola
fash, all nigerians need is the apc campaign promise of 20k megawatts by 2019. Thats all. You have less work to do now since there are already laid down structure and also privatisation. Dont start complaining and crying pdp as you assume office. Every thing has already been provided for you to build upon. my advice: be very careful in any contract this time arround not to inflate them as you did to lagos state. More over, you know that in a saner clime, you would have been behind the bars or even in the grave as in the case of chinese death sentence to corrupt politician like you. Your been a minister despite the obvious corruption charges against you, even by your apc success will forever remain a big SCAR of hypocrisy to Buhari's fight against corruption. He shielded you and amechi despite the level of corruption hanging on you. This saying of NOI has come to pass: WHEN YOU FIGHT CORRUPTION, CORRUPTION FIGHTS BACK. Remember lastly that Tinubu is not happy with your new post. Dont try to compesate him by awarding contracts to him, it could get you into more problem. Remember lagos road and lite rail that you abandoned and liase with your collegue in crime ,Amechi, to hasten its completion.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by optimistmos123: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2015
Yes oooo
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by DerMeister: 8:14am On Nov 12, 2015
This dung pile should stop lacing threads with id,iotic comments. Go and jump off 3rd mainland bridge please!!

ichidodo:
This Lagos politician should shut up and get down to work.....God help Nigerians as they expect dividends of change at hands of a bureaucrat on sectors of the Nigerian infrastructural hemisphere requiring skilled and experienced technocrats.. All thanks to dullardeen from Daura..
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by deramarks(f): 8:17am On Nov 12, 2015
Dere is lyt here tho #eatin ma grilled chicken nd milk in ma air conditioned dinning
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by macho44(m): 8:19am On Nov 12, 2015
nesta007:
New minister of power, works and housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has told staff of the Ministry of Power that Nigerians had waited long enough to get power, hence, the federal government had no choice than to deliver.
Speaking when he assumed office yesterday, he said Nigerians were anxiously waiting for results.
He said his thoughts were on how to bring together processes and activities of all the ministries under his supervision for effective service delivery.
Fashola assured the Ministry’s leadership of his willingness to learn from them, describing them as “career people” who had been on the job for a long time.

“We want information on what has been done, what remained to be done, and what are the future plans, we want to continue from there,” he said.
Advertisement

He said he was also interested on how best to harness the available human resource and the physical assets in the ministry.
According to him, the information he seeks will assist as the administration hits the ground running, and that “we need to do more so as to regain lost time.”

Also speaking, the Minister of State, Power, Works and Housing, Mustapha Baba Shehuri, demanded for a detailed ministerial briefing document to serve as a guide for “proper take-off.”
Responding, the Director, Human Resources, Mrs. Grace Papka, gave copies of the requested documents to the two Ministers, in addition to a time-table for proposed briefings by departments and agencies in the power sector.

https://www.today.ng/news/national/36993/nigerians-cant-wait-any-longer-for-steady-power-supply-fashola
Mr BRF we are eagerly waiting oooo www.dollarvista.com
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by erinalex: 8:20am On Nov 12, 2015
riczy:
political bruhaha,the gullible believes all tins!
your frustration has reach a new height,clearly nothing can be done to redeem you. Ccompliant runs in ur DNA. Believe is key ! If u don't believe u don't have hope,and if u don't have hope,u've no reason to be alive. Surely,u've lost hope in Nigeria,pls do d needful,instead of crying on NL. Wailing on NL has NEVER help u & it will never help ur course. The best u can offer here is to exhibit ur prowess at ABUSING pple,calling us all sorts of names. When it comes to analysing issues critically,ur likes will never be there. I BELIVE ! I BELIVE !! I BELIEVE !!!
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by deeptesting(m): 8:20am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Typical yoruba OP hyping its own...was there steady power supply in Lagos under Fashola? Why are people so deficient of basic human reason.

I hope you know about the Exclusive, Concurrent and Residual list? Pretty sure you don't know otherwise you would have known which tier of government is responsible for electricity or power as we call it... Get education, ignorance is bliss.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by starG7(m): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2015
Minister of power works and housing only fashola, this power sector is one of our pressing problems that needs much attention, for me o it better let him face power and leave this works and housing, let them not overload this man his career is at stake, lion no dey posue two meats at the same time if not it will the both undecided
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Typical yoruba OP hyping its own...was there steady power supply in Lagos under Fashola? Why are people so deficient of basic human reason.
Power is in the Exclusive Legislative List, underwhich only the FG can make laws. States can generate power, but are constrained by the provision which says it's only the FG that can distribute. Lagos, Rivers and some other states generated power that is enough for residents but could not distribute it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 12, 2015
deeptesting:

I hope you know about the Exclusive, Concurrent and Residual list? Pretty sure you don't know otherwise you would have known which tier of government is responsible for electricity or power as we call it... Get education, ignorance is bliss.

It's one thing to be ignorant and another to be smugly stu$pid and proud about it. Go and read the constitution on states' government responsibility on provision of power to its residents.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 12, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Power is in the Exclusive Legislative List, underwhich only the FG can make laws. States can generate power, but are constrained by the provision which says it's only the FG that can distribute. Lagos, Rivers and some other states generated power that is enough for residents but could not distribute it.

Go and read the law correctly; you will come back to me and apologize.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by globalresource: 8:27am On Nov 12, 2015
coded01:
Fashola making us proud since 2007... cheesy

Nigerians can't wait any longer for steady power supply - Fashola... wink

Are u a kid or u dont know anything how power works? Does the state government have power to provide light aside the federal or national grid? Give a constructive criticism rather than showing your level of ignorance
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by ibietela2(m): 8:32am On Nov 12, 2015
Get started already and stop making noise
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 12, 2015
bugzbunny:
People before you have said same and turned out worse...... U better deliver d dullard.. All he thinks abt is fulanis and their cows... Useless country... We wait for him to come bk in 3 decades time..and shout change..
nigga u r already a hater,,don't be a fool too
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by nobeku: 8:35am On Nov 12, 2015
bugzbunny:
People before you have said same and turned out worse...... U better deliver d dullard.. All he thinks abt is fulanis and their cows... Useless country... We wait for him to come bk in 3 decades time..and shout change..
Your stewpeedity is from UP ABOVE.... it's God given..
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by philips70(m): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2015
ichidodo:
This Lagos politician should shut up and get down to work.....God help Nigerians as they expect dividends of change at hands of a bureaucrat on sectors of the Nigerian infrastructural hemisphere requiring skilled and experienced technocrats.. All thanks to dullardeen from Daura..

You are an irredeemable FOOL.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 12, 2015
ichidodo:
ur papa na mumuDeen...ur mama na ashawo1nairaDeen n u r mr UselessDeen

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by babra19: 8:38am On Nov 12, 2015
nesta007:

Advertisement

as I am typing der s no lyt in my house o
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by nobeku: 8:43am On Nov 12, 2015
ichidodo:
Your stewpeedity is PREDESTINED by the Lord of Hosts... God...
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by michelism(m): 8:45am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Mr. know it all, was it only power sector he had to manage in Lagos while as a governor? What about other sectors; did he deliver? He will deliver, whether you like it or not. The guy is a typical productive engine; he delivers always!
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by nobeku: 8:46am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Why do you miss the point of this story with your ethnoreligious DISORIENTATION?You need Jesus to dampen your inner bitterness....
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by CaptaiinG(m): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

I need to sit you down and educate you cos you wake up then come up here to post thrash,was Fashola the minister of power then? Who did Obj blamed for power supply wen he was the president? He blamed the minister of power which was late bola ige, why didn't he blame those governors?

I blamed those phools that liked the trash you posted
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by AdeniyiA(m): 8:54am On Nov 12, 2015
For Fashola, the reward for work is more work...

I am beginning to think he'd still be or he's being groomed to become our future president ...
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by AdeniyiA(m): 8:54am On Nov 12, 2015
For Fashola, the reward for work is more work...

I am beginning to think he'd still be or hectares being groomed to become our future president ...
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:55am On Nov 12, 2015
Real2020:

Go and read the law correctly; you will come back to me and apologize.
You know nothing. A good student of Government in SS2 will educate you on the exclusive, concurrent and residual legislative lists. Tell me where it is in the Constitution.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by jboi81(m): 8:59am On Nov 12, 2015
you are just an example of a frustrated soul,truly many are mad but few are roaming oloshi!

Tyson99,pls I think it's important we ignore some people pls, seriously u need not reply that guy,ok bro?
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You know nothing. A good student of Government in SS2 will educate you on the exclusive, concurrent and residual legislative lists. Tell me where it is in the Constitution.

Go and read the responsibilities of state government. Typical agbaya...I don't know the quality of kids we are raising today. Here I'm tell this idiot....go and read the constitution on state government responsibilities and he is arguing with me.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Affable200(m): 9:01am On Nov 12, 2015
Work don start. Never give up ooo
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 12, 2015
CaptaiinG:

[s]I need to sit you down and educate you cos you wake up then come up here to post thrash,was Fashola the minister of power then? Who did Obj blamed for power supply wen he was the president? He blamed the minister of power which was late bola ige, why didn't he blame those governors?

I blamed those phools that liked the trash you posted[/s]

Typical ignorant idiot and smugly about it. Go and read the constitution on state government responsibilities. Typical product of our failed educational system. Yes Federal government exercise a great deal of control on power generation, but the constitution doesn't preclude the state from doing the same with oversight of the Federal government.
Re: Nigerians Can’t Wait Any Longer For Steady Power Supply – Fashola by weselomo(m): 9:07am On Nov 12, 2015
the brainer nd achiever.............may Allah see u through nd congratulating my 2019 presido in adv

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dasukigate: The Sun Newspaper Returns N9million It Got From Ex-nsa, Dasuki / Boko Haram: Shekau Appears Again, Says “we’re In Sambisa, Police Wives With Us” / Burial Photos Of Ibrahim Mantu (Ex-Deputy Senate President)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.