Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman (59463 Views)

Zimbabwean Journalist Caught In Bed With Married Woman Forced To Roll In Mud / Nigerian Man Who Had Sex With Married Indonesian Woman Dies (Graphic Photos) / Man Sleeping With Married Lady In Hotel Caught, Beaten, Locked In Car Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by furacao(m): 1:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
So when did sex become a crime punishable by imprisonment?
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by toshmann(m): 2:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
AdaNri1:
Instead of Mr Okafor to deal decisively with his sluty materialistic long throat wife he's busy chasing after Mr Ilyah, ngwanu, another mr Ilyah will soon come and entice her. Before he knows it Its HIV he'll be suing them for.

I predict he will deal with her personally and privately but he wanted to teach the man a lesson without being violent.

By the way, so adultery is a crime in nigeria? shocked

Is this a part of sharia legal system or mosaic laws abi na democracy we dey? These days when married women remove their wedding ring in order to flirt, how can unblame a guy for inadvertent adultery? angry
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by erico2k2(m): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
JuanDeDios:

So you think the principle of consent vitiates the concept of enticing, even though we're talking about an olden days law? On whether it exists or has ever existed in English law, go read.
Bro I have read and I live in England.I actual work for a coy that does and promote law enforcement. I'm still going to check and see what it says.
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by williamson46: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
I smell lies grin grin grin
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by cocolacec(m): 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
THIS HAPPENED IN 2013
[b]House wife, lover appear in court for alleged adultery

The accused were granted bail by the judge.
A middle-aged man, Ahmed Adesanya, and a 39-year-old house wife, Tawakalitu Garuba, were on Wednesday arraigned before an Ilorin Magistrates’ Court for allegedly engaging in extra marital affair.
The accused persons were arraigned before Ibijoke Olawoyin, on a three-count charge of criminal intimidation, enticement and adultery.
The prosecutor, Al-hassan Jubril, said the offence contravened Sections 397, 387 and 388 respectively of the Penal Code
Mr. Jubril told the court that the complainant, Abdulyekeen Alajagusi, informed the police that Mr. Adesanya was having an illicit affair with his wife, Tawakalitu.
He said the complainant also said the accused had been threatening him on phone that he would deal with him “ruthlessly’’ if he did not leave the wife for him.
“The phone number that the accused used to threaten me was the same one that my wife saved (in her phone) as a ‘friend’”, the complainant was quoted to have told the police.
Mr. Jubril, however, told the court that investigation into the matter revealed that the accused had been going out with the complainant’s wife.
Mrs. Olawoyin in her ruling granted bail to the accused persons in the sum of N10, 000 and two sureties in like sum.
She adjourned the case to July 3, for further mention.[/b]

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/139135-house-wife-lover-appear-in-court-for-alleged-adultery.html
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by cocolacec(m): 5:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
OFFENCES RELATING TO MARRIAGE AND INCEST(PENAL CODE)
Adultery by a man.
387. Whoever, being a man subject to any customary law in which extra-marital sexual intercourse is recognized as a criminal offence, has sexual intercourse with a person who is not and whom he knows or has reason to believe is not his wife, such sexual intercourse not amounting to the offence of rape, is guilty of the offence of adultery and shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.

Adultery by a woman.
388. Whoever, being a woman subject to any customary law in which extra-marital sexual intercourse is recognized as a criminal offence, has sexual intercourse with a person who is not and whom she knows or has reason to believe is not her husband is guilty of the offence of adultery and shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.

Enticing or taking away or detaining with criminal intent a married woman.

389. Whoever takes or entices away a woman, who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of any other man, from that man or from a person having the care of her on behalf of that man with intent that she may have illicit intercourse with a person or conceals or detains with that intent any such woman, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years or with fine or with both.
Incest.
390. Whoever being a man has sexual intercourse with a woman who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be his daughter, his granddaughter,his mother or any other of his female ascendants or descendants, his sister or the daughter of his brother or sister or his paternal or maternal aunt and whoever being a woman voluntarily permits a man who is and whom she knows or has reason to believe to be her son, her grandson, her father or any other of her male ascendants or descendants, her brother or the son of her brother or sister or her paternal
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by john650(m): 5:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
BlackPeni5:
Stup1d ab0ki court ...is the court a sharia court? How come adultry is now a crime punishable by prison sentence?
How about the greedy woman who sold her punny to the driver...what is her punishment..was she raped? No!

This would make a nice nollywood movie.
The movie title would read: "Bitches ain't loyal no more."
But on a more serious note, the judge must be under the influence of Sharia.
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by JuanDeDios: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
erico2k2:

Bro I have read and I live in England.I actual work for a coy that does and promote law enforcement. I'm still going to check and see what it says.
You're belabouring a non-issue. I told you it's an obscure law and may not even be extant in England. It is, therefore, not something you would have come across. I myself came across it, not in operation, but in a law class. Some people like to dey arjue sha.
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by philemonemenike(m): 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
chai women matter....
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by erico2k2(m): 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
JuanDeDios:

You're belabouring a non-issue. I told you it's an obscure law and may not even be extant in England. It is, therefore, not something you would have come across. I myself came across it, not in operation, but in a law class. Some people like to dey arjue sha.
You sef like plenty talk shey I say I go check. tongue
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by PopsiAde: 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
What the heck? What type of country are we in? What sort of draconian judgement is that? Is the wife under-age?
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by wiseoneking: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
AdaNri1:
Mr man I don't get the reason for your insult. Why are you taking this so personally? Did I hit a cord? I normally don't reply insulting posts but be aware that I can express myself in anyway I so choose so back off please!
ADA NRI as the name is, is a name for great the daughters of the ancient igbo race. Thats good but your opinion has been good prior to now. Just try not to copy touts because of whose daughter you rep. Have a nice day.
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by friends4ever(m): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
This is a case of rich vs poor...i know it was the woman that seduced him and lured him into sex game. The woman should be apprehended too, mother fucker
Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by maxti: 6:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
We had many of such cases in the north during my stay, they were all prosecuted.
Mind you, not sharia court.
Obeto:
I know it's a sin, but been a crime, naaaa! Guys be careful...

Re: Driver In Prison For Having Sex With Married Woman by LesleyGene: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2015
penal code only applicable in northern Nigeria, incident would have had to happen in Northern Nigeria.

judgement delivered in Upper Area Court,

Area Courts exist in the Northern parts of Nigeria including the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
(i) The Upper Area Court
(ii) The Area Court I
(iii) The Area Court II

The jurisdiction of the Area Court under that Law includes the following:
(a) All questions of Islamic Personal Law
(b) Matrimonial Causes and matters between persons married under customary law
(c) Suit relating to custody of children under customary law
(d) Civil actions involving debt demand and damages
(e) Matters relating to succession to property and the administration of estate under customary law
(f) Matters concerning ownership, possession or occupation of land

If you are married under statutory law, jurisdiction is with the high court and Matrimonial Causes Act

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hausa/Fulani Thugs Attack Orile In Lagos / Two Nigerians Arrested By INTERPOL Fo‎r ‎€14.7 Million COVID-19 Scam (pic) / Aiye And Vikings Cults Clash In Anambra.10 Killed. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.