Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,092 members, 7,835,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks (32950 Views)

Justice John Inyang Okoro, The Dark Hand That Killed Justice In Abia - Abiafact / Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) / Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 3:57am On Nov 13, 2015
Gh0stFreak:

but the judges that cancelled rivers,akwaibom and taraba elections are upright? na thunder go fire that your mouth there idio.t
Guy,READ IN BETWEEN THE LINES..RIGHTLY DIVIDING WHAT YOU READ.. The judges that cancelled Rivers, Taraba and Akwa Ibom, ARE THEY SUPREME COURT JUDGES? JEEZ !!!!! I tire for some people..
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 4:13am On Nov 13, 2015
Dhotseal:
Dear op, I do not need anybody to tell me that you are unlearned and lacking a basic knowledge of the workings of the judicial system. As a lawyer, I find your myopic and unguarded utterances very nauseating.

I cannot for the life of me comprehend why a you shoukd hid behind a faceless monika to drag a hallowed institution like the Supreme Court into your twisted politics.

Please permit me to correct your ignorance.

The Supreme Court sits as a panel, and it is the decision of a majority of the Justices that form the judgement of the court. Obviously u have an axe to grind with the particular Justice you singled out, but that does not give you the right to defame the person of a Justice of the Supreme Court.

Again, the decision of the court is based on law and facts presented to it. You are not privy to those laws and facts that informed the decision of the supreme court. I advise that you get yourself a copy of any law report and read the decision and the reasons behind it. That is, if you can read.

Pls,learn that certain things are sacred. We lawyers hold the institution of the Supreme Court in very high esteem.

Don't tell me about the Supreme Court being hallowed.. Hallowed my foot.. Is it not human beings running the place? Abi na spirits?Supreme Court sacred my asss.... Mary Odili of the Supreme Court placed a perpetual injunction on the hearing of her husband's case... WHERE IS THAT DONE, Lawyer?We might not all be lawyers.. But some of us are educated enough to see when the veil abi blanket is forcefully being dragged over our faces..

1 Like

Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by biafranqueen: 4:15am On Nov 13, 2015
freez2ryme:
How come nobody is talking about forged Senate Rule?

Hw come APC has developed cold feet in uprooting Saraki and Ekweremadu on forged Senate Standing Rule?
You know it is because he gave APC noise makers a pass.

1 Like

Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by biafranqueen: 4:18am On Nov 13, 2015
nobeku:
Guy,READ IN BETWEEN THE LINES..RIGHTLY DIVIDING WHAT YOU READ.. The judges that cancelled Rivers, Taraba and Akwa Ibom, ARE THEY SUPREME COURT JUDGES? JEEZ !!!!! I tire for some people..
Question Barrister.
So the SCJ have a mandatory retirement at 70 but the Commander and Chief can be 80? Is that what I read?
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by biafranqueen: 4:19am On Nov 13, 2015
femiero:

Nothing was forged. It's all one of APC baseless accusations.
The same baseless accusations planted on GEJ and his Ministers?
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 5:15am On Nov 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
Question Barrister.
So the SCJ have a mandatory retirement at 70 but the Commander and Chief can be 80? Is that what I read?
HA!!!! Wetin bring Commander in Chief being 80yrs into this discourse?
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by naijaking1: 5:27am On Nov 13, 2015
igboboy3:
This is Mushin Journalism

I want to know the profiles of
1. The judge of the Yobe state election tribunal who collected 15m for 'services rendered'
2. The judges of the Taraba state tribunal
3. The judges of the CCT

Who are we kidding? All these judges are the same. Just follow the master

Thank you, if we must go after judges, then go all of them, not just ones giving you unfavorable opinion!
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by metorichmond(m): 5:31am On Nov 13, 2015
One thing I no understand for all this many grammar wey una write so, the more I read the more I become confuse.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by biafranqueen: 5:45am On Nov 13, 2015
nobeku:
HA!!!! Wetin bring Commander in Chief being 80yrs into this discourse?
forget the 80'party is it true the must retire at 70? Why may I ask if it is true?
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 13, 2015
The fact is that we are told this so that we will be distracted from truth. They are telling us what we want to hear.
Saraki didn't bride anybody on this. He has did the bidding of APC by allowing all the ministers go.
Then again, he was allowed to go free to still clip the influence of Tinubu.

It is a GAME!
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by kingdompropty: 6:40am On Nov 13, 2015
Fashola, Amaechi, Fayemi etc all have cases against them yet APC made them ministers. Supreme court asked that Sarakis case be temporarily stopped and sore losers are crying! grin
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by reuben79: 6:52am On Nov 13, 2015
Sp wit good evidence....i love dis
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by favourlove1: 6:54am On Nov 13, 2015
palladin:

Won't you get tired of saying this?
no he wount same way some come here to say 'wailers' freedom of speech I guess. But I call it show of stupidity n lack of nothing to say
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Dhotseal(m): 6:55am On Nov 13, 2015
4stylz:

U bloody idiot, teach me how to speak it oga! Ur papa na British man ni? You deserve to be shot

Hahahaha Bros, all this hot air just cos somebody pointed out your "kings English?" No doubt u must have shot all your teachers. Lol

1 Like

Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by fm7070: 6:56am On Nov 13, 2015
So far, the judge has not done anything to suggest that he was bribed.
When a matter in a lower court is taken to an higher court, the lower court has to wait pending the determination of any issue taken to an higher court. I don't know why Justice Danladi just decided to ignore normal justice practice.
However, we should be careful with this sahara reporter.
I strongly perceived that they are political because most of their reports and investigation has always been against a particular party or anyone who has the interest of that party.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Dhotseal(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2015
nobeku:
Don't tell me about the Supreme Court being hallowed.. Hallowed my foot.. Is it not human beings running the place? Abi na spirits?Supreme Court sacred my asss.... Mary Odili of the Supreme Court placed a perpetual injunction on the hearing of her husband's case... WHERE IS THAT DONE, Lawyer?We might not all be lawyers.. But some of us are educated enough to see when the veil abi blanket is forcefully being dragged over our faces..

My brother, you are still making the same mistake I pointed out earlier. You continue to view the SC as any other court. The decision of the SC is not that of an individual Justice. The court sits as a panel of 5 Justices.

How can Justice Odili place a perpetual injection on her husband's case? If I'm not mistaken, she was not even on the panel that heard her husband's case. This is prohibited by the doctrine 'audi altarem patem' meaning "a man cannot be a judge in his own cause". This is one of the two Pillars of Justice.

Anyways, my point remains that every judgement is informed by a lot of factors which may not be obvious to a non lawyer.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by tete7000(m): 7:27am On Nov 13, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Can we kindly respect the sanctity of the judiciary, there should be no undue pressure on the bench because a decision did not favour some stupid godfathers... I ll continue to speak out against SR until this mudslinging on the judiciary is halted and done away with

Thank you.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by femiero: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
The same baseless accusations planted on GEJ and his Ministers?

how far have they gone to prosecute anybody from GEJ administration?? Buhari took Orubebe to court with no witnesses. They said Dansuki was corrupt but when they got to court, Buhari's FG was charging him for gun possession. How baseless can such nonsense be?
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by AyoolaIgwe(m): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2015
nobeku:
See.. I am amazed you are talking like this.. Who on earth told you that the forged standing rules case has been shelved?Has he even been charged to court in the first place based on that case?Go to police headquarters in Abuja... You will be shocked about the counts of Charges being brought up against Saraki.. Better still, ask Akume...It was simply a petition that he hasn't been charged to court for..the APC Senate unity forum people are patiently waiting for him..

u don't seem to know wot u r talking about anymore. did u say countless charges? pls mention 20. all d. charges against Sarki save for d one for which he was docked borders on d process of his ascension to d office of Senate Presidency. I still dey wait, me mention 20
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by stinggy(m): 7:57am On Nov 13, 2015
maupe:
Which is the allegation. Is it that the judge is to old to have delivered judgement or is it the black and white shoddy case of bribery. As a reporter with years of diligent experience, I would say this is poor investigative journalism by Sahara Reporters.
Pls just drop your point and stop making unguided minds feel you are Maupe Ogun.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2015
AyoolaIgwe:

u don't seem to know wot u r talking about anymore. did u say countless charges? pls mention 20. all d. charges against Sarki save for d one for which he was docked borders on d process of his ascension to d office of Senate Presidency. I still dey wait, me mention 20
My friend, I said counts of charges.. Read my submission again..
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2015
Dhotseal:

My brother, you are still making the same mistake I pointed out earlier. You continue to view the SC as any other court. The decision of the SC is not that of an individual Justice. The court sits as a panel of 5 Justices.

How can Justice Odili place a perpetual injection on her husband's case? If I'm not mistaken, she was not even on the panel that heard her husband's case. This is prohibited by the doctrine 'audi altarem patem' meaning "a man cannot be a judge in his own cause". This is one of the two Pillars of Justice.

Anyways, my point remains that every judgement is informed by a lot of factors which may not be obvious to a non lawyer.
Your point is true.. Justice Odili was on the panel of Supreme Court judges...Go check your records properly..
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 13, 2015
maupe:
Where is the biography of the judge who presided over the Taraba election tribunal.

APC and Nairaland ...smh
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Jesusloveyou: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2015
opiaoku:
Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai
ur madness still serious, abeg bring that chain and tie him very well
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 9:10am On Nov 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
forget the 80'party is it true the must retire at 70? Why may I ask if it is true?
Guy, I don't even understand what are saying in the very least.. Speak English...
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 9:11am On Nov 13, 2015
biafranqueen:
Guy, I don't even understand what you are saying at the very least.. Speak English...
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Babacele: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2015
Mogidi:
See what the judiciary has been reduced to.

Rule against APC/Buhari and watch organs and instruments of government deployed against you.
how?
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Jesusloveyou: 9:20am On Nov 13, 2015
Gh0stFreak:

but the judges that cancelled rivers,akwaibom and taraba elections are upright? na thunder go fire that your mouth there idio.t
was there a free and fair election in rivers and akwa ibom? Did saraki falsely declare assets? Answer the questions before thunder scatter ur head for supporting corruption
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by linuxuser(m): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2015
Dhotseal:

My brother please dont waste your time trying to educate nigerians. Trust me we are not teachable. Its only in Nigeria that you will see white and call it black simply because they are so uninformed. Do you really think these people understands the simple meaning of "a panel"? In so small time now they will start insulting your intelligence even parents/family because they bluntly refused to be teachable.

1 Like

Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by 400billionman: 10:20am On Nov 13, 2015
Corrupt Justice .
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by RainboAfricana(m): 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
opiaoku:
Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai
but all your families are under his rulling, I wonder y u look like human being but reason like a pig. Since Mr president took over all he hass done never pleased u guys anemy of progress people like u should be trown to the desert.(EP)
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Braggante(m): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
linuxuser:

My brother please dont waste your time trying to educate nigerians. Trust me we are not teachable. Its only in Nigeria that you will see white and call it black simply because they are so uninformed. Do you really think these people understands the simple meaning of "a panel"? In so small time now they will start insulting your intelligence even parents/family because they bluntly refused to be teachable.

my dear, i am not a lawyer and i need not be one to know that he who presides over a case, or chairpersons a panel can influence the decision of the panel. they call decisions of such people "lead judgment". (as a lawyer u shouod know). other judges may have dissenting views nonetheless. besides, a corrupt judge on a panel raises questions on the credibility of the panel. all he needs to do is to sway the others, with whatever material things he was swayed with. we know how it works. we Nigerians are not foolish.

as noted earlier, this same judge presided over similar decisions where justice was obviously crushed. is it not obvious? one neednt be a soothsayer to see that justice and honor are alien to this judge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Defends $1.9 Billion Nigeria-Niger Republic Railway Project / 2019: 5 Concerns APC Should Worry About From The Ekiti Governorship Election / Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.