Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks (32953 Views)

Justice John Inyang Okoro, The Dark Hand That Killed Justice In Abia - Abiafact / Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) / Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by bola4dprec(m): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
he joined Kwara State Judiciary serving as magistrate, chief registrar, and High Court judge. He served as chairman of the Election petition tribunal, Anambra State (1994 to 1998).
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by bola4dprec(m): 9:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
he joined Kwara State Judiciary serving as magistrate, chief registrar, and High Court judge. He served as chairman of the Election petition tribunal, Anambra State (1994 to 1998).
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by 4stylz: 9:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
ricsman:
how come Judges are the only free citizens in Nigeria? even when they are the most collectors of bribe.
am yet to hear a judge in court for corruption charges.

CCT chairman wey suppose dey EFCC hand dey still fight the SP.

by the way will the SP still go free now that we have a minister of Justice. since they said CCT chairman is not qualified without the CJN.

Judges in nigeria is like a secret society, charge any of them to court and you will never win a case in this life again
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by femiero: 9:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
freez2ryme:
How come nobody is talking about forged Senate Rule?

Hw come APC has developed cold feet in uprooting Saraki and Ekweremadu on forged Senate Standing Rule?

Nothing was forged. It's all one of APC baseless accusations.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by AyoolaIgwe(m): 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
freez2ryme:

Hw come APC has developed cold feet in uprooting Saraki and Ekweremadu on forged Senate Standing Rule?

ur head is correct! I hv been asking d same question too. Y is Sarki not been prosecuted4forgery given dat d police report indicted him&his deputy. Y has d case be swept under d carpet by Buhari&APC? Dis asset declaration trash is obviously politically motivated! D main reason Sarki should be in court has been shelved! D hen will soon mom home2roost.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by precious1967(m): 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
something don exchange hands.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by onatisi(m): 10:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
I am sure if the justice and the others have passed a judgement against saraki, many AP members would have been calling the justice a true and honest justice
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by MbashrexBashir(m): 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
Sahara Reporter reporting lies since 1989.... If you believe this is another media propaganda sponsor by Tinubu hit like. Sahara Reporters ko Sahara desert ni.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Bizibi(m): 10:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
It is a shame that nigerians love wasting their time with these politicians, I said it here before the elections and I will say it again,there are no saints in politics..... if you see one presenting himself as one just take him as a devil,some of us know them and we are going round in a circle all over again but in a different form....
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by ndcide(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
Sorry I don't do Sahara reporters.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Bizibi(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2015
It is a shame that nigerians love wasting their time with these politicians, I said it here before the elections and I will say it again,there are no saints in politics..... if you see one presenting himself as one just take him as a devil,some of us know them and we are going round in a circle all over again but in a different form.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by engineerboat(m): 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
freez2ryme:

Because they have no genuine evidence and also failed to produce the original senate rule
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Dhotseal(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dear op, I do not need anybody to tell me that you are unlearned and lacking a basic knowledge of the workings of the judicial system. As a lawyer, I find your myopic and unguarded utterances very nauseating.

I cannot for the life of me comprehend why a you shoukd hid behind a faceless monika to drag a hallowed institution like the Supreme Court into your twisted politics.

Please permit me to correct your ignorance.

The Supreme Court sits as a panel, and it is the decision of a majority of the Justices that form the judgement of the court. Obviously u have an axe to grind with the particular Justice you singled out, but that does not give you the right to defame the person of a Justice of the Supreme Court.

Again, the decision of the court is based on law and facts presented to it. You are not privy to those laws and facts that informed the decision of the supreme court. I advise that you get yourself a copy of any law report and read the decision and the reasons behind it. That is, if you can read.

Pls,learn that certain things are sacred. We lawyers hold the institution of the Supreme Court in very high esteem.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by utuk: 10:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
who ever that put up these thread is STUPID
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Dhotseal(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
4stylz:

Judges in nigeria is like a secret society, charge any of them to court and you will never win a case in this life again

Dude, your English is criminal. "Judges in Nigeria is" seriously!
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by bishop1988(m): 10:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
One chance.watchng in 700 HD
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by DeNovo: 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=midolian

This report is shockingly misleading! It is an age long principle of law that once the jurisdiction of a court is being challenged, particularly on appeal, that court must stop proceedings pending the determination of the appeal!

This rule of law is being applied every single day across all courts in the country ., whether the party involved is the mighty.. or the ordinary citizens!

I am not saying we do not have corruption in the judiciary, however, it would have been a terrible display of judicial rascality had the supreme court held otherwise!

To accuse the judiciary of corruption based on the fact that they decided to do the right thing is abhorable!

http://saharareporters.com/2015/11/12/supreme-court-justice-who-halted-saraki-corruption-trial-retiring-two-weeks[/quote]
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by samplegirl(f): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dannyset:
In the Crusade against corruption, you will always have some apostles of corruption amongst the congregation.
Nowadays, of every 12 Apostles, there are 11 Judas.
Saraki succeeded in picking one out of the many corrupt Judges around just to slow down his trial.
It won't end this way. Justice shall prevail.

But Fashola who used N78,000,000 to design a website is an Angel.

I feel ashame reading the contribution of many Nigerians when it comes to social discourse.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by samplegirl(f): 11:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
luvinhubby:
These APC e-rats are nuisances, even to themselves. SMH! undecided

As if it was not FG counsel, Rotimi Jacobs that requested for the court to suspend the CCB proceeding pending the determination of the appeal court ruling on it's sitting.

Many area boys have left motor parks and found their way in APC that is why you see and hear them speaking incoherently.

Techno phones are cheap and nairaland has no restrictions.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by 4stylz: 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dhotseal:

Dude, your English is criminal. "Judges in Nigeria is" seriously!

U bloody idiot, teach me how to speak it oga! Ur papa na British man ni? You deserve to be shot
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Braggante(m): 11:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dhotseal:
Dear op, I do not need anybody to tell me that you are unlearned and lacking a basic knowledge of the workings of the judicial system. As a lawyer, I find your myopic and unguarded utterances very nauseating.

I cannot for the life of me comprehend why a you shoukd hid behind a faceless monika to drag a hallowed institution like the Supreme Court into your twisted politics.

Please permit me to correct your ignorance.

The Supreme Court sits as a panel, and it is the decision of a majority of the Justices that form the judgement of the court. Obviously u have an axe to grind with the particular Justice you singled out, but that does not give you the right to defame the person of a Justice of the Supreme Court.

Again, the decision of the court is based on law and facts presented to it. You are not privy to those laws and facts that informed the decision of the supreme court. I advise that you get yourself a copy of any law report and read the decision and the reasons behind it. That is, if you can read.

Pls,learn that certain things are sacred. We lawyers hold the institution of the Supreme Court in very high esteem.

Coincidentally, Fabiyi presided over the ruling of the Supreme Court in which Chief Bode George was discharge and acquitted of the fraud charges leveled against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. He also presided over the ruling of the Supreme Court which affirmed Ayodele Fayose as the governor elect of Ekiti State in the June 21, 2014 governorship election. Can you explain such coincidence? Ehn, Mr lawyer?
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 13, 2015
PROVACATEUR:
Can we kindly respect the sanctity of the judiciary, there should be no undue pressure on the bench because a decision did not favour some stupid godfathers... I ll continue to speak out against SR until this mudslinging on the judiciary is halted and done away with
Do you think Nigeria Judges are independent? It will answer your question
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by miqos02(m): 12:53am On Nov 13, 2015
opiaoku:
Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai
hmmm
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by Gh0stFreak: 12:59am On Nov 13, 2015
teeboila:
Some judges are bastard, this judge is simply trying to slow down saraki's proceedings because by the time he retires the case will be transferred to another judge who's going to require time to study the case before inviting both parties for briefing and another amount of time before passing judgement on the case. #CorruptJudiciary
but the judges that cancelled rivers,akwaibom and taraba elections are upright? na thunder go fire that your mouth there idio.t
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 3:17am On Nov 13, 2015
maupe:
Which is the allegation. Is it that the judge is to old to have delivered judgement or is it the black and white shoddy case of bribery. As a reporter with years of diligent experience, I would say this is poor investigative journalism by Sahara Reporters.
My brother, Sahara Reporters are so so ON POINT on this one.. They are very correct.. Tunde Morakinyo was my classmate in junior high school days in Kaduna and I have always known he works hand in hand for Bukky Saraki and also runs "errands" for him.. As a matter of fact, Tunde was more or less running Kwara state laison office in Asokoro.. So I was amazed to have seen that they got the name and spelt out how it went... This goes to show that, afterall, SR are correct 98% of the time when it comes to investigative journalism..

1 Like

Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 3:31am On Nov 13, 2015
AyoolaIgwe:

ur head is correct! I hv been asking d same question too. Y is Sarki not been prosecuted4forgery given dat d police report indicted him&his deputy. Y has d case be swept under d carpet by Buhari&APC? Dis asset declaration trash is obviously politically motivated! D main reason Sarki should be in court has been shelved! D hen will soon mom home2roost.
See.. I am amazed you are talking like this..
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 3:39am On Nov 13, 2015
AyoolaIgwe:

See.. I am amazed you are talking like this.. Who on earth told you that the forged standing rules case has been shelved?Has he even been charged to court in the first place based on that case?Go to police headquarters in Abuja... You will be shocked about the counts of Charges being brought up against Saraki.. Better still, ask Akume...It was simply a petition that he hasn't been charged to court for..the APC Senate unity forum people are patiently waiting for him..
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by ademusiwa8: 3:39am On Nov 13, 2015
The issue is the supreme Court most sit in Ondo the new capital.. Not lagos.. Westetn Nigeria is suppose to have a different supreme court

There is no land in lagos.. So nobody can build anything. By moving some thing to Ondo . We can develop our own capital. Lagos which is suppose to be our capital has no land.
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 3:44am On Nov 13, 2015
MbashrexBashir:
Sahara Reporter reporting lies since 1989.... If you believe this is another media propaganda sponsor by Tinubu hit like. Sahara Reporters ko Sahara desert ni.
This goes to show that you know NOTHING about SR.. Forget about what most folks say about them..Most Nigerians are dumb when it comes to proper deciphering of issues skewed in mystery and curiosity.. Be smart.. Do your personal due diligence on them..Research.. Read properly to garner understanding. Do what I call investigative parallel matching... You will have rethink like I did...
Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by nobeku: 3:51am On Nov 13, 2015
Braggante:

Coincidentally, Fabiyi presided over the ruling of the Supreme Court in which Chief Bode George was discharge and acquitted of the fraud charges leveled against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission. He also presided over the ruling of the Supreme Court which affirmed Ayodele Fayose as the governor elect of Ekiti State in the June 21, 2014 governorship election. Can you explain such coincidence? Ehn, Mr lawyer?
I like smart dudes like you that look at stuff from a couple of perspectives. Pls ask Mr "lawyer"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems / Woman Kneels Down To Beg Monday Eyo, Akwa Ibom Lawmaker In Public / Abdullah Adamu: I Am Not Aware That APC Lost In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.