Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks (32951 Views)

Justice John Inyang Okoro, The Dark Hand That Killed Justice In Abia - Abiafact / Kwara Group Protest In Support Of Saraki's Corruption Trial (PICTURES) / Buhari Opens Up On Saraki’s Corruption Trial - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Justice John Fabiyi Who Halted Saraki Corruption Trial Retiring In Two Weeks by claycares: 7:23am On Nov 14, 2015
Braggante:

my dear, i am not a lawyer and i need not be one to know that he who presides over a case, or chairpersons a panel can influence the decision of the panel. they call decisions of such people "lead judgment". (as a lawyer u shouod know). other judges may have dissenting views nonetheless. besides, a corrupt judge on a panel raises questions on the credibility of the panel. all he needs to do is to sway the others, with whatever material things he was swayed with. we know how it works. we Nigerians are not foolish.

as noted earlier, this same judge presided over similar decisions where justice was obviously crushed. is it not obvious? one neednt be a soothsayer to see that justice and honor are alien to this judge.
Decisions are reached by majority opinion/judgment out of five judges sitting on the panel. Our of these majority opinion, there's usually a lead judgment. So, can sit on the panel and still give a dissenting opinion in theory. However in practice, interested parties write these judgments and send to the judges to deliver, you may not agree but that's what's obtainable. A typical example is the issue of 2/3 of 19 states, the judge who have that judgment never participated in writing that judgment. Again, I don't expect anyone to agree with this view.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: 5 Concerns APC Should Worry About From The Ekiti Governorship Election / Tinubu's Solution To Nigeria's Economic Problems / Woman Kneels Down To Beg Monday Eyo, Akwa Ibom Lawmaker In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.