Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. (46667 Views)

Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / Nokia 5 And Nokia 6 Sales Have Officially Begun In Computer Village. / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Kangol99(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
[center]This message is from FUFU PRODUCTION INDUSTRY HQ ILARO[/center]
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by brightleave(m): 4:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
Make I comment before I read bo
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by MEILYN(m): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sijo01:
Is there no other places in lagos where one can buy phones except this so call computer village?
Alaba International is even worse. I happen to grow up at Okokomaiko, which is very close to Alaba. So I hear these stories every now and then, but I have never been a victim though. Lol
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
69MissedCalls:
ddnt he see that he was collecting the fufu .

anyway, the one i know, the trick happens when you put the phone back in the pack. when u buy the phone, throw away the pack. play music on the phone till u reach home. make I see how e go turn fufu for my hand

it didn't turn to fufu, it was swapped with a case of the same phone(packaged with fufu) that was already inside the guy's pocket.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by alabi484(m): 4:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
Hahahahaha... if not for Christ, I might probably be one of those guys.... well... they always av d fufu phone in their pocket and once they ask for the phone back, they bring out the fufu, the funny thing is they would pick up an argument wit u wit some cock and bull story that they are not selling anymore .... it's in that process they change the phone mostly, once they finally agree to gv u d phone, they tell u to put the phone in ur pocket and not remove it cos some guys are monitoring you... if u fall for it, just goan buy egusi on ur way home for ur delicious meal of fufu and egusi.... and most importantly they don't work alone,they are around 3 or 4 but u won't know and that's why ppl will never alert u of what u are about to buy... if they do.. their own don finish niyen..... may God help us sha...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
MEILYN:
Alaba International is even worse. I happen to grow up at Okokomaiko, which is very close to Alaba. So I hear these stories every now and then, but I have never been a victim though. Lol

the victim wont just allow me snap his picture, if not............................
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by ndigbo: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
tobillionaire:
dats very simple na, wld av removed his sim card nd slot in mine nd ma memory card b4 testin sef... Dats hw we do it @ alaba int'l market tongue
you are the main man! that's how to roll.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by essencestore: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
I once had an encounter with one of these guys..3years ago.. I got a Bold2 from one paid him 9k, I held the phone all through in my hand, He told me he wanted to check the phone to verify if its ok..I told him not to worry..that I like d phone like that..
He looks worried even after collecting the 9k...later told me he wants to repackage d phone for me.. I told him what is there to repackage after have paid for it.

Note: He just wanted the phone to land in his hands...Beside these guys, there's always another person (A third party) that is on standby to switch the phone with a Fufu-version.

Anyway, the baba started para-ing for me that he's not selling again that me am Bad market...he counted my 9k back for me telling me to enter "Affordable" and see if I can get a Bold2 for 9k na..I just smiled and walked away after collecting my money telling him "But na u call me to com buy phone na"

If you have the mind to deal with these guys on the street. Always hold the initial phone for sale in your hand. Before or after payment. Test it yourself..It can never be switched.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
ninovandross:
If u waanna buy anything in computer village, simply enter better shop, no buy from those thiefs standing with phones around the market
Even the shops are not better.They sell China brands of phones as the original prices .When you enter a shop,you will see all brands of phones displayed in transparent glasses.like Samsung, lumia,Sony experia,etc.All these brands of phones are Chinko phones,rather,they will sell it at the same price as the original to the gullible buyers.The only trusted shop to buy original phones is slot,revive and some few reliable shops in computer village.They will not want to tarnish the images of their brand.But others are dishonest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Baboo13(m): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
I'm not a fan of 2nd hand phones. You can't have problems when you buy at authorized shops

By the way, Most of those 2nd hand phones in the villa are stolen properties

4 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by 69MissedCalls(m): 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:

it didn't turn to fufu, it was swapped with a case of the same phone(packaged with fufu) that was already inside the guy's pocket.

so in essence he should have thrown away the pack
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by ninovandross(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
Love Machine:
Even the shops are not better.They sell China brands of phone as the original price.When you enter a shop,you will see all brands of phones display in transparent glasses.like Samsung, lumia,Sony experia,etc.All these brands of phones are Chinko phones,rather,they will sell it at the same price as the original to the gullible buyers.The only trusted shop to buy phones is slot and some few reliable shops in ikeja.They will not want to tarnish the images of their brand.But others are dishonest.
that's why I said "better shops" this ur moniker na wa oh smiley
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
K
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by jstriker442(m): 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2015
papawemba:
Igbo Boys *in Illbliss voice*
SMH..... Very dull boy

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
olasmith10:
And u said the guy is smart....
The rule is: Never, I repeat, never buy from d u wan buy, u wan sell dudes...

i can assist you even if u want to get a phone from the street for cheap(not advisable though)
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by marv1: 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sijo01:
Is there no other places in lagos where one can buy phones except this so call computer village?
Buy from reputable shops in computer villa not area 419 boys on the streets with show glass.

2 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by nanizle(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
essencestore:
I ...
Anyway, the baba started para-ing for me that he's not selling again that me am Bad market...he counted my 9k back for me telling me to enter "Affordable" and see if I can get a Bold2 for 9k na..I just smiled and walked away after collecting my money telling him "But na u call me to com buy phone na"

If you have the mind to deal with these guys on the street. Always hold the initial phone for sale in your hand. Before or after payment. Test it yourself..It can never be switched.

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Sanuzi(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
hmmmmm naija
COMPUTERVILLA:
The issue discussed here is open to everyone opinion and suggestions. also share your experience ooo, we need to wise up

in the market, there are fufu packagers(that package the fufu to sell) and the fufu pakagees( victims that buy the fufu)

this is an insight about how not to become a victim of the fufu packagers. am taking this subject matter because it just happened to a victim. first of all you must know that this whole scenario is always a case of dupe(to deceive someone, usually by making that person do something that they did not intend). in a real case scenario it is when you actually come into the market to purchase a phone or device and after testing the phone all well and working perfect you pay and later find out that what you paid for wasn't what was given to you. you paid for a phone but eventually got a fufu packaged into a phone.

here is a scenario that happened today, the guy in question walked into the market hoping to get a phone(no phone brand in particular) just as he was walking by in the street of Otigba in computer village he was drawn by what some street guys(u wan buy u wan sell) were offering him. this guy in particular is a sharp and smart guy(at least that what he thought) but never knew that this street guy were schemed and well-planned set of dupers. he was drawn to what they were saying but didn't get close to them because he has heard alot about but unfortunately for him, one of them approached him saying their popular slogan "u wan buy? u wan sell?" and showed him so many display of phones that he held in his hands. this guy in particular was immediately attracted a particular phone that i have never heard of until now. when he showed interest on this phone, the street guy took him to another location for proper viewing (that's what he was told) so they were there and bargained price. now here is where the issue arise; the phone was a malata max5, the price bargained was #11000 naira opposed to the original price in town. the phone was with the guy but after he had paid the street guy remembered that his sim card was in the phone and when he said he wanted to remove his simcard, the guy gave him the phone back without knowing he had interior motive. when the street guy collected the phone and was attempting to remove his supposed sim card, the magic took place and he ended up collecting a Fufu as a phone.
till this moment of writhing this scenario if this guy is being asked what happened he'll reply "i don't know". as at now he has lost #11000 thousand naira and still hasnt got a phone.
~i'll give you insight as to How they do it
~When they do it
~why they do it
~How to patronize this street guys because they also have good phones most(not encouragable though)

but first i have a personal view that this guy is to blame. why? because this street guys just dont do it to anybody anyhow. read the text and check why i said this guy is to blame.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Chanchit: 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sijo01:

Of cause there are a thousand and one places, but when you sef reach computer village, you would know why people go all the way.
I once bought a phone there but from a legal stand, I would never buy from those magicians, na person weh wan use 10k buy 30k them dey deal with.

2 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by MEILYN(m): 4:59pm On Nov 13, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:

the victim wont just allow me snap his picture, if not............................
Bro, I am shocked that Nigerians still fall victim to these thieves.

Bear it in mind that only greedy people fall for this theft. They know 11k wouldn't buy the phone, but long throat no let them get sense.

The only time I experienced this was when one i'diot almost scammed me some years back. After testing the phone, the guy told me to give him back the phone so that he would write me a receipt. I said no and I started calling the IMEI number for the f00l. I was so smart to the extent that the guy gave me back my money and said "I no sell again". I counted my money to make sure it was complete before I went my way.

Nigerians should be smart. Never give out your money unless you must have already tested the phone and put it in your pocket.

7 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
lekjons:
then how can one avoid getting scammed?

1.shine your eyes.
2.dont go there alone if you want to purchase a phone from their hand.
3.complete all transactions before paying.
4.make sure what you are paying for is equivalent or near to what youre buying(dont be too smart)
5. contact someone you know in the market.

4 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
papawemba:
Igbo Boys *in Illbliss voice*
Bro,go see those guys yourself.They are not ibo boys.It's all tribes that does that.

4 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Koolking(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
jhydebaba:
Good one...

JJC go ever live so that smart guys can eat.

How do you explain being 'smart' and 'JJC' in this scenario?.

That's our singular problem in this country. Scam, fraud is considered 'smartness'. All untoward behaviours aimed at gaining undue advantages are acceptable by many in Nigeria. Because we are so self-complacent and refuse to see the bigger picture which will bolster up our courage to achieve that which is fulfilling now and posterity.

Our attitude determines our altitude

10 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by menxer: 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
...but wait ooo, u mean you left your house to buy a phone at the computer village, ikeja, and you bypass/ignore all the shops there to buy from a street guy, that won't give you receipt or warranty/guaranty?

If you ever fall a victim of fufu phone scam, you of all men is the most miserable (miser) grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Discovers Paper Inside A N35k Phone She Bought With Her Salary In Lagos / Will Lockdown Affect Prices Of Phones In Nigeria? / [pic] Can You Buy The Blackberry Priv For ₦225,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.