Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,012 members, 7,835,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. (46676 Views)

Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / Nokia 5 And Nokia 6 Sales Have Officially Begun In Computer Village. / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by NeonDee(m): 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
This's no news at Emeke ofor in Onitsha main market.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by bigproff(m): 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
I experienced dis way back in 2007 @ oshodi oke. In my own case, I knew d trick and was waiting 4 when he will change d fone. He ask me to bring d fone to write d serial number on d receipt wch I refuse, he drag with me until some of his tug gangs came to d scene. One of dem parsuade me to hand him d fone to take a look, I refuse but later hand him d fone, when I see dat I alone can not handle d situation and its very difficult 4 me to leave d scene. Immediately I hand d fone to d third party guy, he hand it over to d guy and wot I see nxt was d guy bringing out a condemned Nokia 3310 from his pocket and wrapping it with d receipt. B4 I knew it, all d other guys have left. I drag with d guy not d collect it from his hand. E later vanish from my sight when am trying to explain what happen to some passerby who demand to know what happen. So dat is how I lost my 6k to dem .

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by ODUBEZE: 7:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
Mustiboy:
the best is after testing of the phone, never give it back, make sure it's still in your hands while the transaction goes on.
if they say they forgot to remove something from d phone, kindly do it for them yourself.
U spoke my thought.
But it is from things like this that we learn.
Who e never do before no go understand.
Am sure the guy will not experience this next time.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by osmos(m): 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
Am ones a victim of this in 2006 it happens to me in ola-iya junction in osogbo osun-state
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
okay... noted.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by acada111(f): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
Malata max5.....wahala dey o grin
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by phredbongg(m): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2015
I recall having a similar experience in 2007. I went to Computer village at Ikeja to purchase a Nokia 6630. At that time Nokia 6630 phones and above were very expensive to unlock if they were simlocked. I didn't know then that phones could be simlocked. I discussed with the guy and he showed me the phone and tested it there to convince me that it was working. Everything looked alright until all of a sudden he started to act funny and decided not to sell the fone again. So he collected it and went away. Few mins later he saw me and said he'd been searching for me, that he had decided to sell the fone. I looked at the fone but this time not critically like I did earlier. I just assumed that there was no point going thru the same stress to assess the workability of the fone. I parted with N14k that day thinking of how I would configure the fone and install many apps. As I got home, I turned on d fone only for it to reject my simcard continuously. It was not until a month later that I parted with over N8k to unlock the phone. Since then, i became very critical of any fone I'm purchasing from anyone in Computer village. As a matter of fact, to avoid stories that touch the heart, I just jejely go to SLOT.

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by tayotemowo(m): 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:
\

sure, what else ask and it shall be given

The funny thing a lot of people don't realise is that sometime when you begin to sense some foul play and you decide to collect your money they actually give you back paper instead of your money. They actually wrap some money around a couple of paper cut to the size of money I almost fell for it once but I was lucky I notice it early and this is because I had been duped once before and a condemned bold 2 phone was sold to me for a good amount of money. I think the only way to stop them doing it to you is to always buy a phone inside a shop inside computer village if not from a very popular shop like slot or its kind then a real shop there. Walahi I'm still hoping I can organise for this people one day and organize someone preferably an off uniformed military or police officer to scout my moves from a distance until they've finished an believe me to be going and then pick them up one by one and lock them up and treat their Bleep ups for along while.

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by TITOBIGZ(m): 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
Luckily 4 me I have wereys both as friend nd egbons in ma hood,so whenever I want buy fone or maga dos muguns 4 C/V, me nd ma goons always move em masse about 7 to 8 of dem go just hang around,once I start to bargain wit d sharp fool,dem go join 4 d conversation like say dem b passersby,and b4 u know wahtaguan,I bought N90 for 5K,motorola blade for 8k,sony ericson W880 for 5k.
Try it,if u have goons believe dem 2 dey fall mugu.gringrin
But d last I went was in 07.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by airsaylongcon: 9:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:

but the street guy has to remove his sim card right or would u take his sim card with you too?

Remove am by yourself. Abi hand dey pain u? The swap occurs when he's removing his sim. There's a prepared fake that is handed to you.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Emeka71(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sijo01:
Is there no other places in lagos where one can buy phones except this so call computer village?
I can buy from Ladipo or better still; I can order foe you from Jumia.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Emeka71(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sijo01:
Is there no other places in lagos where one can buy phones except this so call computer village?
I can buy from Ladipo or better still; I can order for you from Jumia.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by beyoncausme: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
well soo far they don't use jazz,I tink one should just be more than smart,cus most times these people use jazz
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Emeka71(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
bigproff:
I experienced dis way back in 2007 @ oshodi oke. In my own case, I knew d trick and was waiting 4 when he will change d fone. He ask me to bring d fone to write d serial number on d receipt wch I refuse, he drag with me until some of his tug gangs came to d scene. One of dem parsuade me to hand him d fone to take a look, I refuse but later hand him d fone, when I see dat I alone can not handle d situation and its very difficult 4 me to leave d scene. Immediately I hand d fone to d third party guy, he hand it over to d guy and wot I see nxt was d guy bringing out a condemned Nokia 3310 from his pocket and wrapping it with d receipt. B4 I knew it, all d other guys have left. I drag with d guy not d collect it from his hand. E later vanish from my sight when am trying to explain what happen to some passerby who demand to know what happen. So dat is how I lost my 6k to dem .
Why will you buy a phone from touts?
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by jdstunt(m): 10:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
I have actually been a victim of this there malicious act

There was a day I went to computer village to purchase a bold2 (with d intention to get from d Street guys cos it's cheaper) I was actually d one asking them if they had phone for sale. There was this one I saw a nice white bold2 with, then I asked him if he wanted to sale. immediately he knew I wanted to buy, he then told me dat he was coming to go bring d phone for me

I was like, wat of d one with u I want dat one, he said no he was coming back to get another one for me, so I decided to wait for him at a shop close by (not knowing he was rushing to get d fufu phone from where he stored it) when he got back he den asked me to follow him I said no let's stay here nd bargain but he refused telling me d place was not good dat they were watching us dat we should b walking on d Street and be talking dan staying at that place

So I decided to follow him cos I was curious to get a phone, after much much I gave him 7K nd he asked me to give him back d phone to remove his Sim card, b4 I knew wat was happening, he had already changed d phone with another wan packaged with fufu (I didn't even notice) den he told me to walk fast nd focus straight dat I shouldn't look backwards cos some bad guys were watching. immediately, I started walking straight nd my heart started pounding, when I got to some reasonable distance I decided to unveil my package, dat was when it dawned on me dat I had been scammed

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by omode2(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
many are claiming sharpness what they do is that they hypnotise ppl wt jazz. It happed to me too d current phone am using was brought frm d street. When they tried exchange d fake frm d origial it didnt work d guy kept askin me if i was a pastor and i was a novice to all ds packaging ontill i kept seeing them on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by sirisiri34: 7:11am On Nov 14, 2015
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by vislabraye(m): 8:22am On Nov 14, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:
The issue discussed here is open to everyone opinion and suggestions. also share your experience ooo, we need to wise up

in the market, there are fufu packagers(that package the fufu to sell) and the fufu pakagees( victims that buy the fufu)

this is an insight about how not to become a victim of the fufu packagers. am taking this subject matter because it just happened to a victim. first of all you must know that this whole scenario is always a case of dupe(to deceive someone, usually by making that person do something that they did not intend). in a real case scenario it is when you actually come into the market to purchase a phone or device and after testing the phone all well and working perfect you pay and later find out that what you paid for wasn't what was given to you. you paid for a phone but eventually got a fufu packaged into a phone.

here is a scenario that happened today, the guy in question walked into the market hoping to get a phone(no phone brand in particular) just as he was walking by in the street of Otigba in computer village he was drawn by what some street guys(u wan buy u wan sell) were offering him. this guy in particular is a sharp and smart guy(at least that what he thought) but never knew that this street guy were schemed and well-planned set of dupers. he was drawn to what they were saying but didn't get close to them because he has heard alot about but unfortunately for him, one of them approached him saying their popular slogan "u wan buy? u wan sell?" and showed him so many display of phones that he held in his hands. this guy in particular was immediately attracted a particular phone that i have never heard of until now. when he showed interest on this phone, the street guy took him to another location for proper viewing (that's what he was told) so they were there and bargained price. now here is where the issue arise; the phone was a malata max5, the price bargained was #11000 naira opposed to the original price in town. the phone was with the guy but after he had paid the street guy remembered that his sim card was in the phone and when he said he wanted to remove his simcard, the guy gave him the phone back without knowing he had interior motive. when the street guy collected the phone and was attempting to remove his supposed sim card, the magic took place and he ended up collecting a Fufu as a phone.
till this moment of writhing this scenario if this guy is being asked what happened he'll reply "i don't know". as at now he has lost #11000 thousand naira and still hasnt got a phone.
~i'll give you insight as to How they do it
~When they do it
~why they do it
~How to patronize this street guys because they also have good phones most(not encouragable though)

but first i have a personal view that this guy is to blame. why? because this street guys just dont do it to anybody anyhow. read the text and check why i said this guy is to blame.

So they've changed from soap to fufu ? Na wa o. This same thing happened to a friend many years back. He paid for a phone but the switched it with a bar soap.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 14, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:

the victim wont just allow me snap his picture, if not............................
maybe the guy dey shame cheesy
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by akanbiaa(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2015
Mustiboy:
the best is after testing of the phone, never give it back, make sure it's still in your hands while the transaction goes on.
if they say they forgot to remove something from d phone, kindly do it for them yourself.
if You try to outsmart them they call You thief and report you to police they have contacts with and when the police ask you to call out 10 numbers you Will not ne able to and when its the guys pics they ses in the phone that Will proove you are guilty and You either have to hugely bribe your way out or be remanded in custody for days
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by akanbiaa(m): 9:08am On Nov 14, 2015
Best advice is save your money to but a new phone in a reputable shop.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Mustiboy(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2015
akanbiaa:
if You try to outsmart them they call You thief and report you to police they have contacts with and when the police ask you to call out 10 numbers you Will not ne able to and when its the guys pics they ses in the phone that Will proove you are guilty and You either have to hugely bribe your way out or be remanded in custody for days
taa!!! I know my way outta that
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by souljaboi51(m): 10:30am On Nov 14, 2015
acada111:
malta guiness grin grin grin
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 11:03am On Nov 14, 2015
acada111:

i had to verify if such a phone exists and it does. will do the review later. you can google it online too.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2015
jdstunt:
I have actually been a victim of this there malicious act

There was a day I went to computer village to purchase a bold2 (with d intention to get from d Street guys cos it's cheaper) I was actually d one asking them if they had phone for sale. There was this one I saw a nice white bold2 with, then I asked him if he wanted to sale. immediately he knew I wanted to buy, he then told me dat he was coming to go bring d phone for me

I was like, wat of d one with u I want dat one, he said no he was coming back to get another one for me, so I decided to wait for him at a shop close by (not knowing he was rushing to get d fufu phone from where he stored it) when he got back he den asked me to follow him I said no let's stay here nd bargain but he refused telling me d place was not good dat they were watching us dat we should b walking on d Street and be talking dan staying at that place

So I decided to follow him cos I was curious to get a phone, after much much I gave him 7K nd he asked me to give him back d phone to remove his Sim card, b4 I knew wat was happening, he had already changed d phone with another wan packaged with fufu (I didn't even notice) den he told me to walk fast nd focus straight dat I shouldn't look backwards cos some bad guys were watching. immediately, I started walking straight nd my heart started pounding, when I got to some reasonable distance I decided to unveil my package, dat was when it dawned on me dat I had been scammed

stay tuned as i would later post about how to get your phone or money back when youve been scammed
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by horllamy(m): 9:41am On Nov 16, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:
The issue discussed here is open to everyone opinion and suggestions. also share your experience ooo, we need to wise up

in the market, there are fufu packagers(that package the fufu to sell) and the fufu pakagees( victims that buy the fufu)

this is an insight about how not to become a victim of the fufu packagers. am taking this subject matter because it just happened to a victim. first of all you must know that this whole scenario is always a case of dupe(to deceive someone, usually by making that person do something that they did not intend). in a real case scenario it is when you actually come into the market to purchase a phone or device and after testing the phone all well and working perfect you pay and later find out that what you paid for wasn't what was given to you. you paid for a phone but eventually got a fufu packaged into a phone.

here is a scenario that happened today, the guy in question walked into the market hoping to get a phone(no phone brand in particular) just as he was walking by in the street of Otigba in computer village he was drawn by what some street guys(u wan buy u wan sell) were offering him. this guy in particular is a sharp and smart guy(at least that what he thought) but never knew that this street guy were schemed and well-planned set of dupers. he was drawn to what they were saying but didn't get close to them because he has heard alot about but unfortunately for him, one of them approached him saying their popular slogan "u wan buy? u wan sell?" and showed him so many display of phones that he held in his hands. this guy in particular was immediately attracted a particular phone that i have never heard of until now. when he showed interest on this phone, the street guy took him to another location for proper viewing (that's what he was told) so they were there and bargained price. now here is where the issue arise; the phone was a malata max5, the price bargained was #11000 naira opposed to the original price in town. the phone was with the guy but after he had paid the street guy remembered that his sim card was in the phone and when he said he wanted to remove his simcard, the guy gave him the phone back without knowing he had interior motive. when the street guy collected the phone and was attempting to remove his supposed sim card, the magic took place and he ended up collecting a Fufu as a phone.
till this moment of writhing this scenario if this guy is being asked what happened he'll reply "i don't know". as at now he has lost #11000 thousand naira and still hasnt got a phone.
~When they do it
~why they do it
~How to patronize this street guys because they also have good phones most(not encouragable though)

but first i have a personal view that this guy is to blame. why? because this street guys just dont do it to anybody anyhow. read the text and check why i said this guy is to blame.

Na God catch him! There is a lot of shops there why can't he went to inside shop and select the types of phones he wanted to buy. When you buy phone for inside shop and has fault, you will be able to return it back, mind you some of the street guys are selling correct phone' is not all of them are selling fufu, some of them that selling correct 1but it might be stolen phone, and if you bought such phone it may later put you to trouble that you didn't expect....be wise STOP buying phone on street guys hand it may lead you to were you didn't expect,,..... I have seeing a lot of experience about that, shine your face when you get to computer villa. Good day!!!!
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by horllamy(m): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2015
tobillionaire:
Once i lay my hands on d fone, i'll operate it till i get home,,, '' go charge d ba3 b4 u operate am o" na wash

See you they get different way of doing there bad work. If they see you that you wise, they will tell you that they don't want to sell the phone again that you should take your money back, they will just package paper and ramp it with 1 thousand naira note they will just give you before you know they don't run away .. They have different method just be wise and be careful of street market!!!!!! To be fore warn is to fore harm..
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 10:34am On Nov 17, 2015
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Raphoeworld: 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
LENOVO RELEASES THE VIBE X3 WITH A 21MP REAR CAMERA AND DEDICATED Hi-Fi DAC www.panstech.com/2015/11/lenovo-releases-vibe-x3-with-21mp-rear-camera.html?m=1
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Frontier2: 6:15am On Nov 18, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:

~When they do it
~why they do it

The guy is a complete JJC. No story. Y are you guys even buying second hand phones. Na course?
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
real gist in town...................I dey my room jeje this morning, na im MTN come send me message say "You have just won a 7 days free amazing facts sms" Since na free, I said no problem. I come sit down for one corner dey expect wonderful and lovely facts.
The first message come enter saying "Do you know that Nigeria is a country"
followed by the second saying "we get meat from animals"
I open my mouth in shock, then the third one came in "Do you know that fishes cannot fly"
See this yeye MTN ? Them think say na only them sabi facts.
I come begin my own :
*Do you know that Abacha was alive before he died
*Do you know that orphans no get mama
and papa
*Scientist confirmed that dwarfs are short people
*Do you know that urine is liquid
*Do you know that everybody reading this post is smiling
*Do you kmw that anybody that adds his/
her own will be more happier . . .
Abeg, add yours make the fun continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Discovers Paper Inside A N35k Phone She Bought With Her Salary In Lagos / [pic] Can You Buy The Blackberry Priv For ₦225,000 / Unclad Man Climbing Mast In Lekki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.