Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. (46675 Views)

Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / Nokia 5 And Nokia 6 Sales Have Officially Begun In Computer Village. / See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by nwadiuko1(m): 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:

but the street guy has to remove his sim card right or would u take his sim card with you too?
I l remove it my self...even before paying him....
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Horlufemi(m): 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
If you buy fufu. Just take the fufu, buy ogbono. Chop the fufu. You will not loose entirely

3 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by krixdanny(m): 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
lol...I sense jazz
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Eleniyan15: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
eko logbon wa

welcome to LASGiDi
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by jhydebaba(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Koolking:

How do you explain being 'smart' and 'JJC' in this scenario?.

That's our singular problem in this country. Scam, fraud is considered 'smartness'. All untoward behaviours aimed at gaining undue advantages are acceptable by many in Nigeria. Because we are so self-complacent and refuse to see the bigger picture which will bolster up our courage to achieve that which is fulfilling now and posterity.

Our attitude determines our altitude

Sorry! It is a popular saying. I am not justifying scam and crime.

Just like saying 'mugu' must pay.

... and hey! Stop the epistle. Scammers can only scam greedy people. Shey, dat guy no see SLOT abi shops no open for computer village.

The scam business strive because greedy people never cease.

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by allytinted: 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
make d guy go buy soup to chop d fufu na
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by phizzy911(m): 5:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
Funny enough I happen to work at CompVilla. It's a pity some dudes still fall for this Cheap scams, I won't pity u cus u know very well that d phone u were about buying was a street phone, and 97% of sthe phones u find in the streets of Lagos are all stolen phones!!#TakeHeart#

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Osasnidas(m): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
fufu fone isnt only there but in benin too. lol a neighbor of mine actually bought a nokia n90 n discovered it was loaded with fufu.. the dude almost cried... wen i saw it o cudnt help but laugh
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by olasmith10(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
COMPUTERVILLA:

i can assist you even if u want to get a phone from the street for cheap(not advisable though)

alrt..no p...although I also know one or two peeps..
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by 01ghostmode: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
interesting story.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by gretblue: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
Do people still buy phone on the street in computer village?
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Niyeal(m): 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2015
Happened to sometimes
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by okey4reel(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=COMPUTERVILLA post=39977715]The issue discussed here is open to everyone opinion and suggestions. also share your experience ooo, we need to wise up

in the market, there are fufu packagers(that package the fufu to sell) and the fufu pakagees( victims that buy the fufu)

this is an insight about how not to become a victim of the fufu packagers. am taking this subject matter because it just happened to a victim. first of all you must know that this whole scenario is always a case of dupe(to deceive someone, usually by making that person do something that they did not intend). in a real case scenario it is when you actually come into the market to purchase a phone or device and after testing the phone all well and working perfect you pay and later find out that what you paid for wasn't what was given to you. you paid for a phone but eventually got a fufu packaged into a phone.

here is a scenario that happened today, the guy in question walked into the market hoping to get a phone(no phone brand in particular) just as he was walking by in the street of Otigba in computer village he was drawn by what some street guys(u wan buy u wan sell) were offering him. this guy in particular is a sharp and smart guy(at least that what he thought) but never knew that this street guy were schemed and well-planned set of dupers. he was drawn to what they were saying but didn't get close to them because he has heard alot about but unfortunately for him, one of them approached him saying their popular slogan "u wan buy? u wan sell?" and showed him so many display of phones that he held in his hands. this guy in particular was immediately attracted a particular phone that i have never heard of until now. when he showed interest on this phone, the street guy took him to another location for proper viewing (that's what he was told) so they were there and bargained price. now here is where the issue arise; the phone was a malata max5, the price bargained was #11000 naira opposed to the original price in town. the phone was with the guy but after he had paid the street guy remembered that his sim card was in the phone and when he said he wanted to remove his simcard, the guy gave him the phone back without knowing he had interior motive. when the street guy collected the phone and was attempting to remove his supposed sim card, the magic took place and he ended up collecting a Fufu as a phone.
till this moment of writhing this scenario if this guy is being asked what happened he'll reply "i don't know". as at now he has lost #11000 thousand naira and still hasnt got a phone.
~i'll give you insight as to How they do it
~When they do it
~why they do it
~How to patronize this street guys because they also have good phones most(not encouragable though)

but first i have a personal view that this guy is to blame. why? because this street guys just dont do it to anybody anyhow. read the text and check why i said this guy is to blame.
[/quote
oga were is the insight na. I want to know how does criminals do those things, within d twinkling of an eye they have changed the fone and given the innocent buyer a fufu phone.

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Aitee1: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
efilefun:
could remember some years back when i bought a phone from those dudes, with all my sharpness and carefulness i was given a phone i cant use to receive more than two minutes call or else my ear will get fried... The phone hot pass sun... listening to music is suicidal, and it hardly stays outta charger cuz battery doesnt last more than 2hrs...

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Spybradd: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
THERE ARE LOTS OF PAINED,STUPPID,ODE,MUMU,MUGU,.....MOUTHFOAMING BÈRÉBÈS WHO ARE PROUD OWNERS OF FUFU and AKPU BERRYS.....THEY WILL ALWAYS,AS CERTIFIED MUMUNIS,FALL VICTIM TO DA SHARP CB SHINEDUS
grin
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by specimenC: 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
papawemba:
Igbo Boys *in Illbliss voice*

Actually yoruba boys do this often more than the igbo boys in computer in village. Igbo boys can only sell China phne for u as original..but not fufu

3 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by ib22003(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
Don't Miss Today's Awesome Deal.https://vr2.verticalresponse.com/s/nigeria

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Lanceslot(m): 5:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
Mustiboy:
the best is after testing of the phone, never give it back, make sure it's still in your hands while the transaction goes on.
if they say they forgot to remove something from d phone, kindly do it for them yourself.
As simple as ABC....

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sijo01:
Is there no other places in lagos where one can buy phones except this so call computer village?

Nigeria is rated has having one of the fastest growing economy, computer village get hand inside.

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Namdeenero(m): 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
A friend of mine bought a china z10 from computer village thinking it's original, he now started experiencing subscription problems cos he couldn't do the normal BIS stuff so he called me to help me check the phone. When I first held the phone I noticed it was heavier than the normal z10 then alas I switched on the phone and discovered the phone has the menu of a normal android phone.. Infact the phone is a china android phone.. Be wise people!

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Mattex001(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
THE dude got served....Some people just deliberately choose to be gullible

Anyways I'm sure he has learnt a lesson!
He'll be more care next time.....
11,000 is a small money he'll get over it soon
Talking from Experience
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by SweetJoystick(m): 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2015
Was a vicitim 10 years ago, bought a phone, tested and all working, dude asked me to enter a bus because policemen were looking and were likely going to harass us, unknown to me that was part of his ploy, he replaced the phone. I handed 8k to him, he vanished within seconds. I brought the phone out to test again, then I noticed I had been played a fast one.

Went back into computer village looking for him, fortunately I found him after about 2 hours of searching, I grabbed him and people gathered, narrated my story, was asked to refund me. He gave me 5k out of 8k, asked me to wait so he could catch another mugu. He disappeared again, then I left.

2 Likes

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by COMPUTERVILLA(m): 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=okey4reel post=39985691][/quote]

you're on point, was expecting peeps to ask me that. would talk bout it in a later post. i dey meet with this guys in personal so chill, i got all u need. stay tuned you wont be disappointed..

would also write about how to get your phone back if you've been played in the market.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Bashmantech: 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2015
there is even another method. after negotiating the price, and paying, they'll first tell you that ur price is too small, that you should add 1k. obviously u're gonna say no. then they tell u that they're not even selling again. this is whr another magic happens...
u return the phone and collect the money back. but this is the mistake most of us make, we wont check the money they return, we jus put it in our pockets and move on. the money they'll give u has paper wrapped in between. soz, if u dont check immediately, ur loss. but if u're lucky, jus return ur paper roll, dont release the phone and get money bck in full first. u'll get ur money back, but u will av to settle the agberos that'll rush u.else, u go jus tey for thr.... it happend to a friend of mine, his 10k went. it almost happend to me, but i knew the move. jus had to path ways with 5h........all in all.. #Godwin
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by ChikaSunday(m): 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
[quote author=COMPUTERVILLA post=39977715]The issue discussed here is open to everyone opinion and suggestions. also share your experience ooo, we need to wise up

in the market, there are fufu packagers(that package the fufu to sell) and the fufu pakagees( victims that buy the fufu)

this is an insight about how not to become a victim of the fufu packagers. am taking this subject matter because it just happened to a victim. first of all you must know that this whole scenario is always a case of dupe(to deceive someone, usually by making that person do something that they did not intend). in a real case scenario it is when you actually come into the market to purchase a phone or device and after testing the phone all well and working perfect you pay and later find out that what you paid for wasn't what was given to you. you paid for a phone but eventually got a fufu packaged into a phone.

here is a scenario that happened today, the guy in question walked into the market hoping to get a phone(no phone brand in particular) just as he was walking by in the street of Otigba in computer village he was drawn by what some street guys(u wan buy u wan sell) were offering him. this guy in particular is a sharp and smart guy(at least that what he thought) but never knew that this street guy were schemed and well-planned set of dupers. he was drawn to what they were saying but didn't get close to them because he has heard alot about but unfortunately for him, one of them approached him saying their popular slogan "u wan buy? u wan sell?" and showed him so many display of phones that he held in his hands. this guy in particular was immediately attracted a particular phone that i have never heard of until now. when he showed interest on this phone, the street guy took him to another location for proper viewing (that's what he was told) so they were there and bargained price. now here is where the issue arise; the phone was a malata max5, the price bargained was #11000 naira opposed to the original price in town. the phone was with the guy but after he had paid the street guy remembered that his sim card was in the phone and when he said he wanted to remove his simcard, the guy gave him the phone back without knowing he had interior motive. when the street guy collected the phone and was attempting to remove his supposed sim card, the magic took place and he ended up collecting a Fufu as a phone.
till this moment of writhing this scenario if this guy is being asked what happened he'll reply "i don't know". as at now he has los
Please read my write up: THE DAY GUYMAN FELL
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Nicepoker(m): 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2015
Chidexter:
Insightful. If only some Nigerians will channel these kind of 'abilities' into something Productive and O'course Legal
how can u channel illegal and corrupt skills into something. Legal. Am suspecting u o.
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by oweniwe(m): 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
menxer:
...but wait ooo, u mean you left your house to buy a phone at the computer village, ikeja, and you bypass/ignore all the shops there to buy from a street guy, that won't give you receipt or warranty/guaranty?

I wonder too o

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by frank442: 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
It has happened to me b4 but in London. At one market called dyston where u can nija stuff

But mine was dummy not fufu
They told me that the camera is all over. That I should do fast and pretend nothing happens

So it's not new and not peculiar
To nija alone as far back as 2006

1 Like

Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Jobaye1: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
8 Days To Go..
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by stephinnoyewole(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sijo01:
Is there no other places in lagos where one can buy phones except this so call computer village?
It happens everywhere, mine was at Ikorodu garage in 2012, tho na soap dem packaged for me shaa...
Lalasticlala grin grin grin
Re: The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. by Chidexter(m): 7:19pm On Nov 13, 2015
Nicepoker:
how can u channel illegal and corrupt skills into something. Legal. Am suspecting u o.

Lol dont suspect me o abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Discovers Paper Inside A N35k Phone She Bought With Her Salary In Lagos / [pic] Can You Buy The Blackberry Priv For ₦225,000 / Unclad Man Climbing Mast In Lekki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.