Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health (61364 Views)

Girl Eating Noodles From A Toilet Bowl (Photo) / I Bet You Won’t Eat Instant Noodles Again After Seeing This / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by ministerblessed: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
looseweight:
Lazy women will never agree with you. Starting from our universities across the nation, both female and male students believed indomie is the fastest and best food to eat.

These students will graduate, marry and feed their kids this same useless entity.

The most embarrsing one was when I read in this forum about people trying to loose weight, you will hear something like ''breakfast=indomine + egg and lots of water".... I will just laugh it off and pity them.

Take or leave it, comsption of indomie is bad and hazardous to health. Thank you.
. Indomie is just a brand of noodles.... we also have Mimi,Honeywell,dangote,cheerie. So pls instead pf saying Indomie just say noodles...... thank u!

3 Likes

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by kings09(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nawa 4 diz una rules. Dnt chop dis, dnt chop dat....will any stop d human frm dying ?. Abeg aboki give me 2 hungry man packs n 4 eggs, put pepe well oo.
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2015
Indomie lo le se jare. We must die of something. All Nigerian food na carbohydrate.
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
ngoziliz:
I ve always known this?
Are you asking yourself or what?
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by observer777(m): 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thank you for this information. Eating too much of those noodles can kill; they are slow poison. Use irú (locust bean) to cook.

1 Like

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Jennifer89(f): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thank God I'm a vegetarian
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Idrismusty97(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
See, Everybody must die some day. Just leave our indomie for us cheesy. Indomie and Garri the lifesaver! Just reinforced the noodles with onions, pepper and Egg to have a balanced diet in just other 20minute.
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Idrismusty97(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jennifer89:
Thank God I'm a vegetarian
And indomie is vegetables.
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by unphilaz(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chumani:

Instant “ramen” noodles are a massively popular
staple – especially in the collegiate population.
While genuine ramen noodles made from flour
and without additives are not cause for serious
concern, the cheap instant noodles are a total
additive-fest. People who live on campus and
find it hard to budget their money often end up
surviving on instant noodles several days a week.
In Asia, the popularity and convenience of
instant noodles is even bigger; it’s a quick,
cheap, and easy to way to ease your hunger –
but how do instant noodles affect your health?

#1 Instant Noodles Are Extremely High In
Sodium
Instant noodles are extremely high in sodium –
one packet containing 1875mg – more than the
entire RDA of 1500mg. Sodium is one of the
leading causes of both hypertension (high blood
pressure) and kidney dysfunction. How? Sodium
causes a build-up of fluid in the body, raising
blood pressure which destroys the delicate
vessels that supply the kidneys with blood. This
is the reason why people with kidney problems
are strongly advised to avoid preserved food
items and too much salt in their diet.

#2 Instant Noodles Are Loaded With MSG
MSG is a specific kind of sodium found in most
preserved food items like instant noodles and
canned food. MSG intake has been linked to an
increased risk for cancer and hypersensitivity
reactions like migraines, flushing, and chest pain.
While the FDA has officially labeled MSG as
generally safe, it remains a highly controversial
ingredient. Because of these reports of hypersensitivity and a potential risk for cancer,
they require all food items to list MSG as an
ingredient if it was used in any way to make the
product.

#3 Preservatives Affect Nutrition Absorption In
The Body because instant noodles have extremely high levels of preservatives, they can also affect the
way our bodies absorb nutrients. The stomach
and intestines are where nutrition absorption
takes place and are home to good bacteria that
aids in digestion. Preservatives harm these good
bacteria, lowering their numbers (and increasing
the number of bad bacteria!) and affecting our
bodies’ ability to absorb nutrients from food.
This can cause problems like nutrient deficiency
and long-term absorption problems.

#4 Instant Noodles Contain Antifreeze
Yes, they really do. While instant noodles have
your typical preservatives like MSG, they also
have lesser known ingredients that will have you
raising your eyebrow. Propylene glycol – a
colorless liquid – is a popular antifreeze because
of its ability to absorb water. It also happens to
be used to preserve the texture of instant
noodles as well, prolonging their shelf life. A
2004 study also linked propylene glycol in take
with an increased risk for liver cancer.

#5 Instant Noodles Have Been Linked With
Plasticizer Contamination
Plasticizers are additives that increase the flexibility of non-food items. However, back in 2011 and 2012, Chinese instant noodles (including certain brains that are exported to th US) were found to be contaminated with toxic levels of plasticizers. When this substance is ingested, it damages the digestive tract and
increases a person’s risk for gastrointestinal and
hepatic cancer.

#6 Instant Noodles Often Contain A Cocktail Of
Unhealthy Ingredients.
Instant noodles and their packet sauces
commonly contain canola oil, corn syrup and
Tertiary Butylhydroquinone (TBHQ) – a highly
controversial preservative that is also added to
perfumes, lacquers, and biodiesel!

www.herbs-info.com/blog/why-instant-noodles-may-be-destroying-your-health/

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by wemmi(f): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
@Op..What of when the Noodles is garnished with assortment
like onions,pepper,veggies,carrot et.c .Don't they neutralize the effect of your list up there?
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by neocortex: 12:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
@chumani
There is no conclusive empirical data that suggests that MSG is harmful to the body.

1 Like

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Slickest:
Nawa oo..chop this cancer, chop dat diabetes, stay hungry u die...either way we still gon die!!!
Dying @ old age is a lot better than doing so untimely.am sorry to say this but pls take a look @ the ex petroleum minister cancer issue many of this consumed stuff might have been cause to trigger cancer,and its a pity many lazy guys feed heavily on this and married women ......
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Pamelayoung: 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Slickest:
Nawa oo..chop this cancer, chop dat diabetes, stay hungry u die...either way we still gon die!!!

Eat right
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Maxcollins042(m): 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Bia,if na joke pause am o cos i just finished downloading it into my system. I think the topic should be '' Why excess intake of indomie may be destroying your health''.
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by okonja(m): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Okay......

Mai shayii, kabani Indomie super pack daya da Koyi daya cool ...Karkamanta, kasa alubosa da carrot sosaye, kuma, kar kasa sauce nashi dayawa. Kafin sa kagama, kabani Shayi da Nescafe... grin, That was my days back on Unimaid Campus.. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Lanretoye(m): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Go and tell NAFDAC.
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by iamaffluent: 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
Have you been battling with Pimples or Skin irritation all your life and you just need a clear face or smooth and beautiful skin... Or you probably want Sunburn treatment, Skin growth, detoxification, Ageless drink, Reparative for demage skin bleach, Skin balancing treat, lightening and toning body milk(y)
You need a Professional Cosmetologist and Therapeutic that will make the face and your skin look relax without affect expression.. Contact Kwem Skin Care today... at 17 Tokunbo Ali off Toyin Street, Ikeja, Lagos or call 08037216982, 08117930462
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by hadura29(m): 1:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chumani:

Abeg make u try eat ewedu added with plenty iru u go forget say MSG dey exist

I think say you no go mention iru or ogiri... Omo my mama teach me how to cook without maggi or whitepowder.. I trip... Msg ko ysg ni..

Team amala...

1 Like

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by annibro(f): 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
ednut1:
I don tire for all this health paroles abeg.man must die of something. Once saw a quote in punch newspaper like 10 years ago. 'They say red meat is bad but I have never seen a sick lion' grin

Dey are wild animals. U can confirm their health status from ur house
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Nicepoker(m): 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chumani:

Abeg make u try eat ewedu added with plenty iru u go forget say MSG dey exist
iru I hate that stuff.
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Nicepoker(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
ednut1:
I don tire for all this health paroles abeg.man must die of something. Once saw a quote in punch newspaper like 10 years ago. 'They say red meat is bad but I have never seen a sick lion' grin
are u living in the wild?
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by jamace(m): 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
Hmm. "Something must kill man". grin
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by jacoik(m): 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
ednut1:
lolhahaha u no well. but wait oooo, I bin tink say na only ponmo bro lion dey chop. but guy sef, y u dey compare lion to us
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by jacoik(m): 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
damola1:
Stick with purely organic foods.
organic food ? that is organization food? OK, now tell me, which party u go eatam
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by harristo(m): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
damton:
SO MAKE WE NO CHOP NOODLES AGAIN.

CHAI WHICH FOOD WE GO CON PREPARE WITH JUST 100NAIRA SHARPERLY

Me self na indomie and egg I chop this morning. grin

Btw without curry I no fit chop indomie.
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by harristo(m): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
denkyw:
wetin concern me, all this things no dey kill African man

Me self, I dey always pray before I chop. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by obynaDmob(m): 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
MSG has recently been linked to the number one cause of painless loss of vision Glaucoma. Wetyn dey worry FDA undecided
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by frankcris(m): 1:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
we all gonna die someday, doesn't matter how, why, when...the most important thing is to be happy.

1 Like

Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thank Jah Op said "MAY"...

TEAM "HUNGRY MAN"
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Pidggin(f): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
How can we be living in fear of everything we eat
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by 01Mysticdon(m): 1:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Tell those indomie girls
Re: Why Instant Noodles May Be Destroying Your Health by Kokoaiye(m): 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nafdac should please perform its regulatory function by exerting serious punitive measure on defaulters.

The non compliance on the composition of sodium as a food supplement should be given attention.

Lest they send the future generations of this country into the CANCER WORLD...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iced Water Makes A Comeback As Price Of Sachet Water Skyrockets (pic, Video) / The Snake My Fish Net Caught / See The Croaker Fish I Got For ₦‎1,800 And How I Prepared It. Yum!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.