Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? (1391 Views)

Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body / Why Tomatoes Are Always Expensive From May Till July And The Glut In August / Why Is Made In Nigeria Rice More Expensive? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? by dannB(m): 10:02am On Nov 14, 2015
My uncle has just set up a juice processing factory in ogun state. We have imported the necessary machinery and equipment. Now, we intend to start processing pineaple juice from real fruit. Having discussed with local pineaple farmers in Ibadan and Cotonou, we observed that the cotonou pineaple is cheaper and sweeter than nigerian pineaple. My uncle is very worried because he would have loved to patronize nigerian farmers so as to encourage them but we are into business for profit making.
He has decided to sign a contract with cotonou pineaple supplier for regular supply of pineaple fruit to his factory for production. I am very sad with that decision cause we are improving the rural income of cotonou farmers at the expense of nigerian pineaple farmers.
That's why I want to know why farmers in nigeria can't cultivate the sugarloaf pineaple specie of the cotonou in Nigeria. Since it is more sweeter and cheaper than our locally popular robust pineaple grown. So that nigerian will patronize the local pineaple farmer and stop importing pineaple from cotonou?
Re: Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? by eightsin(m): 10:11am On Nov 14, 2015
Naija pineapple is the sweetest. Things in cotonou are usually cheaper...maybe it is because of the difference in our economy and theirs.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? by Favparis(f): 10:21am On Nov 14, 2015
Op this your question get as e bi o............. cheesy
I no even know wetin to answer u
Re: Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? by dannB(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2015
@eightsin, you are wrong sir. Cotonou pineaple is far sweeter than nigerian pineaple. Nigerian pineaple is only just richer in fibre. And in juice production, fibre is not necessarily needed since it is just the extracted liquid from the fruit used for processing.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? by Pavore9: 10:43am On Nov 14, 2015
Cost of production tends to be higher in Nigeria, from the cost of suckers, labour and other inputs.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? by femu(m): 12:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
dannB:
My uncle has just set up a juice processing factory in ogun state. We have imported the necessary machinery and equipment. Now, we intend to start processing pineaple juice from real fruit. Having discussed with local pineaple farmers in Ibadan and Cotonou, we observed that the cotonou pineaple is cheaper and sweeter than nigerian pineaple. My uncle is very worried because he would have loved to patronize nigerian farmers so as to encourage them but we are into business for profit making.
He has decided to sign a contract with cotonou pineaple supplier for regular supply of pineaple fruit to his factory for production. I am very sad with that decision cause we are improving the rural income of cotonou farmers at the expense of nigerian pineaple farmers.
That's why I want to know why farmers in nigeria can't cultivate the sugarloaf pineaple specie of the cotonou in Nigeria. Since it is more sweeter and cheaper than our locally popular robust pineaple grown. So that nigerian will patronize the local pineaple farmer and stop importing pineaple from cotonou?

Where is your factory located. I might be interested in the byproducts
Re: Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? by Olayinka777(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
Big lie! Ours is far sweeter than the Cotonou pineapple. It's what I buy regularly for my juice business, so I'm an authority in the field.
Re: Why Is Nigerian Pineaple More Expensive Than Cotonou Pineaple? by leksmedia: 7:23am On Nov 16, 2015
Op I think you are wrong, Nigeria,' pineapples are sweeter and bigger than cotonou, the only problem is , cotonou pineapple can be harvested through out the year where as ours us seasonal

(1) (Reply)

I Need Garri Suppliers / Broiler Chicken For Wholesale And Retail / Poultry Cages With Warranty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.