Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,267 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread (15552 Views)

★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2017 ★ / Jobs/Vacancies Section Directory! / ★ Job/vacancies Section Awards 2015 ★ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by lovethchioma(f): 10:08am On Dec 16, 2015
Wow... I'm so loving this. Kudos to the one who brought this idea. Observing deligently
Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2015
[b]
1. Thread Creator of the year: Award for the Person with the most number of sensible job threads........ I don't know

2. Most Helpful Joblander: Award for the Person who shares past questions most.... Hold on
3. Sense maker of the year: An Award for the Person with most number of informed comments on the job section xfire
4. Funniest Joblander: Person whose comments bring smile to your face despite Unemployment/ Under Employment..... Small
5. Gate crasher of the year: Someone who has gatecrashed a lot of tests this year or someone whose gatecrashing experience paid off......well as unemployment don his us... Many NL'ers hardly drop address again

6. Funniest Moniker (Male and Female): The people whose monikers elicit at least a Chuckle regardless of the state of your job hunt......corkqueen

7. Most Secretive Joblander: These set of people always like to take information without giving. We know at least one. If you don't know, then you're probably one of them. They are many

8. Most Motivational Joblander: This person always has a way of motivating job seekers, helping them keep their hopes alive and encouraging them to keep trying because there's light at the end of the tunnel. Jarus and
manie

9. Most Inquisitive Joblander: This person will even ask you the content of a regret mail....it use to be Luvola but

10. Most friendly (Male and Female): He/ She is down to earth and always very courteous to both known and unknown posters even in the face of provocation.... Hiroz

11. Most Active/ Always Online Award: The most frequent user in the section. Someone you will always find in one thread or the other in the section.... Goldendr

12. Most Handsome/ Most Beautiful: If working in a world class company was by who fine pass, this person would be the CEO. To be nominated, you have to have a profile picture that would be up for the duration of this awards...... Upload111

13. Mr Casanova: This is the woman wrapper award. This would go to that poster who seizes every opportunity to chat up the ladies in the section... Me

14. Miss Dainty: The female user who seems to attract the most attention from the guys..... Skydude

15. Most Connected: That poster who seems to be aware of job vacancies even before the positions become officially vacant and only posts confirmed vacancies.....

16. Legend Of the Seeker Job Section: That poster who opened an account before the Nairaland tsunami and has carved a niche for himself/herself in the section..... Goldendr

17. Webster Of the year: The poster with the best use of words, grammar, style, poetry e.t.c
19. Best newcomer: Someone who became active in the section in the year 2015 and has made an impact within that time.... Stenon

20. Most Popular (Male and Female): Everybody knows them. People want to be them. Their mentions are perpetually on fire...... Avicky

21. Poster of the year: Overall Baddo of the Job Section. This person has excelled in most categories above.. Jarus

22. Thread of the year: The thread that made everybody take notice. Even if the job no concern you, you still dey put eye. The Chatroom is exempted from nomination.....
Strictly for those interested in teaching

23. Genius of the year: SHL? GMAT? Dragnet? None fazes this Joblander.

24. The All-Knowing: The job lander who knows practically every job lander.... David470

25. Most controversial: The poster who stirs up different emotions in the minds of those on the thread..... Me, Avicky & evathsty

26. Most anxious: The poster who always wants to know the status of different applications

27. Job Searcher of d year: He/She is on every thread looking for an opportunity to make their dream come true.

28. The Ideal Candidate: Someone whose personality based on NL activity you will like to have on board if you own an organisation....Manie, Avicky, Skydude, Upload111, Funminicrown, blessedtwins

29. Couple of the year: Self Explanatory.......... Lero15 and .....can't remember her monicker [/b]]
Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by avicky(f): 11:17am On Dec 18, 2015
artisticallyart:
[b]
1. Thread Creator of the year: Award for the Person with the most number of sensible job threads........ I don't know

2. Most Helpful Joblander: Award for the Person who shares past questions most.... Hold on
3. Sense maker of the year: An Award for the Person with most number of informed comments on the job section xfire
4. Funniest Joblander: Person whose comments bring smile to your face despite Unemployment/ Under Employment..... Small
5. Gate crasher of the year: Someone who has gatecrashed a lot of tests this year or someone whose gatecrashing experience paid off......well as unemployment don his us... Many NL'ers hardly drop address again

6. Funniest Moniker (Male and Female): The people whose monikers elicit at least a Chuckle regardless of the state of your job hunt......corkqueen

7. Most Secretive Joblander: These set of people always like to take information without giving. We know at least one. If you don't know, then you're probably one of them. They are many

8. Most Motivational Joblander: This person always has a way of motivating job seekers, helping them keep their hopes alive and encouraging them to keep trying because there's light at the end of the tunnel. Jarus and
manie

9. Most Inquisitive Joblander: This person will even ask you the content of a regret mail....it use to be Luvola but

10. Most friendly (Male and Female): He/ She is down to earth and always very courteous to both known and unknown posters even in the face of provocation.... Hiroz

11. Most Active/ Always Online Award: The most frequent user in the section. Someone you will always find in one thread or the other in the section.... Goldendr

12. Most Handsome/ Most Beautiful: If working in a world class company was by who fine pass, this person would be the CEO. To be nominated, you have to have a profile picture that would be up for the duration of this awards...... Upload111

13. Mr Casanova: This is the woman wrapper award. This would go to that poster who seizes every opportunity to chat up the ladies in the section... Me

14. Miss Dainty: The female user who seems to attract the most attention from the guys..... Skydude

15. Most Connected: That poster who seems to be aware of job vacancies even before the positions become officially vacant and only posts confirmed vacancies.....

16. Legend Of the Seeker Job Section: That poster who opened an account before the Nairaland tsunami and has carved a niche for himself/herself in the section..... Goldendr

17. Webster Of the year: The poster with the best use of words, grammar, style, poetry e.t.c
19. Best newcomer: Someone who became active in the section in the year 2015 and has made an impact within that time.... Stenon

20. Most Popular (Male and Female): Everybody knows them. People want to be them. Their mentions are perpetually on fire...... Avicky

21. Poster of the year: Overall Baddo of the Job Section. This person has excelled in most categories above.. Jarus

22. Thread of the year: The thread that made everybody take notice. Even if the job no concern you, you still dey put eye. The Chatroom is exempted from nomination.....
Strictly for those interested in teaching

23. Genius of the year: SHL? GMAT? Dragnet? None fazes this Joblander.

24. The All-Knowing: The job lander who knows practically every job lander.... David470

25. Most controversial: The poster who stirs up different emotions in the minds of those on the thread..... Me, Avicky & evathsty

26. Most anxious: The poster who always wants to know the status of different applications

27. Job Searcher of d year: He/She is on every thread looking for an opportunity to make their dream come true.

28. The Ideal Candidate: Someone whose personality based on NL activity you will like to have on board if you own an organisation....Manie, Avicky, Skydude, Upload111, Funminicrown, blessedtwins

29. Couple of the year: Self Explanatory.......... Lero15 and .....can't remember her monicker [/b]]

I accept the most controversial award but i will prefer if it is coined as 'the most troublesome'.

Btw, it is Evathyst.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by TheRealAdonye(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
Not time for this yet.

cc avicky

But very soon..

artisticallyart:
[font=Georgia][b]

Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 19, 2015
Well let me give my views on the categories as they are.

- I think 29 categories is too much. I am the biggest advocate for having fun with this and not making it too serious, but I think some of the awards are repetitive and should be fused into one. So here goes my thoughts:

-Sense maker of the year and Poster of the year are really the same thing. Whoever is the poster of the year should naturally also be the sense maker of the year. Remember there is another award of "Thread creator of the year." Why not fuse the three awards into a single award(maybe poster of the year,) recognizing the person who has made the most impact with their posts during the year; whether via comments or the threads created. Alternatively scrap sense maker of the year and just have poster of the year and thread creator.

- Most anxious and Most inquisitive: I read the award citation and still cant really see any difference in this two. Merge them

-Genius of the year: Dunno how you want to give an award like this. So many people attended diff tests and interviews during the year. How do you pick someone as the genius? That would kinda entail knowing their results across diff types of tests.

- The all knowing: From the citation, it might make sense to merger this with most friendly. Seems like both awards are to reward the person who is most accessible to everyone......and davide470 should be prohibited from being nominated in this category angry tongue

- Legend of the seeker : This is a suggestion. Anyone who has won previously should not be nominated for this award again, ever. Legend awards are unlike other awards. They are once in a lifetime sort of awards. You dont see someone winning legend award every year in normal awards. Once you are recognized as a legend, that's it.

At the end of the day I think we can trim the categories down to about 20 or so. Too many might make the awards "show" seem interminable.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by Lero15(m): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
Adeaks
That Genius of the year award is valid.
I know peeps who have done almost all tests available and passed them.

The all-knowing is clearly different from most friendly.
I know peeps who know things but don't chat or post comments much.
So I think they shouldn't be merged.

Other points you noted should be looked into. IMO, you are right. Cc TheRealAdonye

Regards,
Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 19, 2015
Lero15:
Adeaks
That Genius of the year award is valid.
I know peeps who have done almost all tests available and passed them.

Hmmmmmmm.

The genius award seems somehow subjective to me sha. So if I nominate Mr XYZ how do you get to verify that he passed diff tests. what's the yardstick for measurement or qualification for d award? Number of tests? Difficulty of tests?

The all-knowing is clearly different from most friendly.
I know peeps who know things but don't chat or post comments much.
So I think they shouldn't be merged.

Other points you noted should be looked into. IMO, you are right. Cc TheRealAdonye

Regards,

The citation of that category is different from what you wrote bro. If it is about people who know THINGS, then I agree that it is very different....... but the citation says the award is for the person who practically knows every joblander. (PEOPLE) In that sense, my point is whoever knows or relates with practically everybody can somehow be assumed to be the most friendly, so why split the awards?

If its about knowing things then it might be better to just have all knowing award as an award to that person who is adjudged to be very Intelligent. In my opinion that's what the genius of the year award should really be for.
Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by Lero15(m): 10:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
Adeaks,

OK. The Genius awards oo.
Lol. We know 'em. grin I guess I've been monitoring them more than normal.

About the All knowing, my bad.
Still though, they should not be merged. I have a nairalander friend that knows fellow joblanders but doesn't chat up online.
Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by TheRealAdonye(m): 6:49am On Dec 20, 2015
Adeaks, Lero15

Noted

1 Like

Re: Jobs/ Vacancies Section Awards 2015 Discussion Thread by davide470(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2015
Cc: TheRealAdonye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

First Bank Plc 2013 Test Location And Date / Dg Consult Interview / African Development Bank Internship Programme 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.